Members:
Threads:

Latest posts

Velox Isles -OLD-

Cycle OLD

I--LiveWire--I

Veteran
D

All are born and eventually die in a never ending cycle of change and growth. Here you will find more in depth information on the stages of life for all raptors. This guide is primarily the lore side of growth but will briefly touch on how long IC and OCC they take to grow and link to other sources regarding shop functions.

Egg -> Hatchling -> Adult -> Chrysalis -> Monarch

Last edited:

I--LiveWire--I

Veteran
D

Raptor eggs are quite large and are typically smooth in texture. They are surprisingly pliable for the first part of its existence, while still being though. As they age and get closer to hatching they become more and more rigid. One can tell they are nearly ready to hatch when the shell is hard and begins to show signs of cracks.
  • All raptors start life as an egg at some point.
  • Clutches typically result in 2-3 hatchlings, even when more eggs are lain.
  • Eggs take an average of 3 months in character to hatch.
  • Without someone to warm them will eventually die.
  • Eggs that find themselves without a home are often taken in and cared for by members of the Faith.
  • Most Raptors that don't know who their parents are were raised to maturity by members of the Faith.
  • OCC clutches will hatch in about 1week.
  • [ Breeding/Clutch Info ] -link needed

Last edited:

I--LiveWire--I

Veteran
D

Adorable miniature raptors. This term is used to describe the age rage from freshly hatched until they reach maturity. Typically full of playful energy and curiosity they can be a handle to manage.
  • Hatchlings mature into adults at the age of 16.
  • Most will undertake a coming of age trial or ceremony. Tribes typically use this to asses where they may fit best in adulthood.
  • During their growing years they are often exposed to the roles of their tribe members to educate them.
  • OOC The growth will take about 2 weeks.

Last edited:

I--LiveWire--I

Veteran
D

At the age of 16 raptors are considered adults. It is around this age they are sexually mature and capable of reproduction. Adults are expected to fulfill roles and be of use to their tribe. Those that are capable and unwilling are commonly ejected.
  • Able to mate and reproduce.
  • Typically they pick up skills for a few roles, though some choose to specialize.
  • May create their own tribe or choose to leave/join another tribe.
  • OCC To grow past this point raptors must meet certain requirements, events or RLC.
  • [EMERGANCE]-link to advancement requirements-

Last edited:

I--LiveWire--I

Veteran
D

Large hardened cocoons made from a sticky silk substance that some adults excrete whey the are ready to undergo metamorphosis. They will be drawn to high, safe places before they will dangle and coat themselves entirely in their sticky threads. It will then harden into a protective shell while they undergo a change.

Once they are ready they will emerge in a fairly dramatic process called Emergence. The chrysalis will crack open and the reborn raptor will begin to pull itself from within. The process usually takes about an hour as they climb out and cling to the empty shell while waiting for their curled wings to unfurl and dry.
  • It is not fully understood what exactly triggers this event to occur but it tends to do so in the elder, more experienced, and magically in tune. However, outliers have been observed.
  • The ideal places can vary wildly between breeds. As does the consistency of the material they cocoon themselves in.
  • Though a Chrysalis can be pretty tough and protective, they are still vulnerable. This is why they prefer to find high or otherwise safe places to undergo the change.
  • The process usually takes about 3 months.
  • OCC this stage lasts about 1 weeks.

Last edited:

I--LiveWire--I

Veteran
D

Upon completing Emergence and taking their first flight, a raptor is officially called a Monarch. This peak of their growth is astounding and they carry an aura about them that seems to instill a sense of awe and respect from others.
  • Their energy/spirit levels are extremely high. Making magic much easier and safer.
  • All winged Monarchs are able to fly under their own power and no longer require magical assists for prolonged flight. It is believed that their naturally high energy aura is what allows this.
  • Even among rivals and enemies the presence of a Monarch instills that sense of wonder in all.
  • Other Monarchs seem immune to each other's transfixing aura.
  • Monarchs are the only ones capable of utilizing the magic that allows non breeders the gift of offspring.

Last edited: