Members:
Threads:

Latest posts

Velox Isles -OLD-

▣ ▫ Tribes ▫ ▣

I--LiveWire--I

Veteran
D
Velox is a wild and beautiful world, but it can be deadly to those unprepared. So while there are those that choose to live life alone, generally Raptors form Tribes in order to aide each other, create offspring, and in general increase the chance of survival.

• Tribes are often formed around a mated pair or a Monarch for their chiefs. Though this is not always the case.​
  • Some are focused on a single lineage/family while others are just a group of unrelated raptors that get along. There are even cult like tribes and other such strange groups.​
  • Typically tribes range in size from 5-30, however there are definitely those that lay outside the norm. Kaleidoscope tribes, for instance, usually have hundreds of members/residents.​

Last edited:

I--LiveWire--I

Veteran
D
Roles, or jobs, are taken up or sometimes given to Raptors within a tribe. Each role will have different duties to fulfill for the tribe. Every tribe is different so roles, numbers, and rankings can vary greatly between them.

Head, or the like, is often added to an individual's role when they are also tasked with organizing those with the same/similar roles within a tribe.

Even those that aren't in a tribe will often specialize in some form of role.

Below you will find a general list of some common roles. They do not represent a complete list so if you don't see what you're looking for you can def make your own. If you do have any questions/suggestions for roles feel free to reach out to I--LiveWire--I.

• Chief
    • A leader of a tribe. Tasked with the guidance and protection of the tribe.​
    • Some tribes have more than 1.​
  • Hunter
    • Tasked with hunting for prey animals to provide meat for tribe members.​
  • Forager
    • Tasked with gathering edible plants for food.​
    • Usually the one also in charge of finding and/or obtaining fresh water.​
  • Shaman
    • Tasked with the collection and production of healing items.
    • Also tasked as magical healers when needed.
  • Guardian
    • Tasked with the protection of others.
    • Basically a fighter specializing in combat rather than hunting.
  • Caretaker
    • Tasked with the watching, caring, and teaching of the young.
  • Merchant/Trader
    • Tasked with handling exchanges of goods between tribes/individuals.
  • Smithy
    • Artisan learning or otherwise skilled with the handling of metal working.
    • Most will specialized in certain items or metals but as it relatively new and difficult to master they are often lumped together.
  • Prospector
    • Those that explores and digs for predacious metals and gemstones.
  • Tamer
    • One who tames, trains, breeds, or otherwise raises animals for working uses.
  • Cultivator/Farmer
    • Cares for plants and/or animals for food or other useful products.
  • Entertainer
    • Tasked to or otherwise chooses to entertain others.
    • Often to increase sprits, ease tension, or earn money from other tribes or individuals.
    • This is a vast covering of types of entertainers and many do take on more specific role names.

Last edited: