Group events

Pokémon Expeditions

◈ Lucille's Questionnaire ◈ || [OPEN]

Nym

actual trash
D
Staff member
Mod
Lucille Bonnet was a new member of the Nauwill region, having only arrived a few weeks prior before he set out immediately to take his post at the Doveport Pokémon Enrichment Facility with no hesitation. Already, as if immune to travel fatigue, he had settled neatly into his role and begun his work diligently, striving to prove his work ethic the moment he had presented himself to the facility owner.
Until today.
Luci had been given one instruction; find a trainer to take the egg now nestled in Luci's arms. Someone who was a "good fit", as Luci was instructed -- whatever that meant. Luci had attempted to directly ascertain the answers from the boss himself, but the answer had been simple; Luci would determine what and who a good fit was. Left with no precise list or exact method of finding the said answer, Luci had finally concluded it was best to keep it simple; an interview.
He just hadn't expected so many trainers to arrive at the entrance of the facility.
He should have expected it, honestly. When one prints out multiples of a pamphlet titled 'PROVE YOUR WORTH AND TAKE HOME AN EGG' and then quite literally stapled it to every possible staple at the port and town you should expect it reaches a herd of eager travelers who had come to Nauwill specifically to train and raise Pokemon. It meant it'd be easier to find the perfect owner, though, and for that Luci was grateful.
He held the egg in his arms, which folded loosely over his stomach and cradled the egg ever so preciously. While small and delicate in appearance, he still held a formidable and driven expression, staring down the group with such an intensity it could start a fire.
"Lets begin."
______________________________​

How to Play:
Luci has prepared a survey for each hopeful trainer to answer. You, the player, will use the form below and answer in character. All answers will be judged privately by the moderators of the shop, with a focus on character interaction and creativity. Spelling, grammar, or length will not be judged, although if we can't understand your forms we won't be able to judge accurately.
The prize is a mysterious Pokemon! Luci knows what is inside, but you and your character won't. It's a mystery~!

The Form:
Remember to answer these in character. You can only fill the form once, and only as one character.

Code:
Name:
Use only five words to describe yourself:

What is your greatest achievement?:

You are stuck on a deserted island, and only have enough food to feed yourself or your Pokemon. Who do you prioritize?:

When is it acceptable to lie?:

How honest are you about your feelings and opinions to others?:

How do you deal with stress?:

Explain your training process for a newly acquired Pokemon:

Have you ever raised or helped raise a newborn Pokemon?:

How many miles can you run?:

What is the correct way to hold your hand when throwing a punch?:

Do you absolutely swear to never call the Doveport Pokémon Enrichment Facility a daycare?:

Signature:
Game starts immediately and ends on April 18th, 2022 @ 11:59PM Central Time!

Last edited by a moderator:

DakotaSpine

Long-Term Resident
D
Name: Dallas Carter

Use only five words to describe yourself:
Humble, Compassionate. Trustworthy and Bold. Tired

What is your greatest achievement?:
Graduating the University of Unova for native Pokemon Research, and transferring to land myself here

You are stuck on a deserted island, and only have enough food to feed yourself or your Pokemon. Who do you prioritize?:
Only enough to feed myself or my Pokemon? I thought about this one for a while, it's not an easy choice. I'd like to figure out how we could both be fed, but i'd rather prioritize feeding my Pokemon. Going hungry sucks, but the guilt would kill me faster than starvation

When is it acceptable to lie?:
Only when you're already caught up in one. People respect the truth

How honest are you about your feelings and opinions to others?:
Opinions first, feelings second. Being matter of fact can be useful; assuming you know what you're talking about

How do you deal with stress?:
Dealing with stress... some comfy food, and a nice nap. Nothing melts stress away for me like resting my head on a soft pillow and sleeping the exhaust away. It's very refreshing, even if there is stress to deal with afterwards

Explain your training process for a newly acquired Pokemon:
My process? Well, learning about them first is important. Their personality can gauge what they respond best to when it comes to training. And it's not a very important step, but I like to name them first. Then from there, it's just getting things done! Getting them used to their moves, teaching them new techniques that play to their unique strengths and praising their good work. The smile it brings to their face is too rewarding to not make training a delight!

Have you ever raised or helped raise a newborn Pokemon?:
Various times throughout my academics! Pokemon Breeding was a required course back at my university, and i've handled various Pokemon eggs. It's a delicate process sometimes and I always want to be as careful as I can be. It can be a little stressful, so of course, a nap with the egg cradled nearby is nice

How many miles can you run?:
Two or three miles, I think. Though i've never really measured how far I can run. I'd be winded by the third one though. I have a bad habit of going fast, rather than pacing myself. With that in mind I could probably run three or four

What is the correct way to hold your hand when throwing a punch?:
Throwing a punch. Fingers tucked in, thumb curled over the flats of your fingers. I didn't take any classes that taught me that, but I know from offhand trivia that you could break your thumb if you tuck it inside your fist

Do you absolutely swear to never call the Doveport Pokémon Enrichment Facility a daycare?:
Yes sir I solemnly swear

Signature:
Carter, Dallas J.

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
Name: Kennedy Onassis

Use only five words to describe yourself: Cautious, Organized, Survivor, Entrepreneur, Firm
Stabby happy Gremlin

What is your greatest achievement?: L & K's Wilderness trek tours
Not dying lol

You are stuck on a deserted island, and only have enough food to feed yourself or your Pokemon. Who do you prioritize?: Logically? How is there only enough food to feed one 125lb person or over 600lbs of Tyranitar? Is this one day of food which then why does it matter you are unlikely to get rescued the first day or several days of food and then why wouldn't I share? If I had a grass type they can just photosynthesize and if I had a Chansey I could give the food to the Chansey and survive off eating the egg. Am I not allowed to fish? Dig for clams? Really, this is all for nothing if there is no fresh water on the island and how am I not having the possibility of just surfing or flying? I do not understand this question.
Pffhsss eat a coconut and seaweed

When is it acceptable to lie?: When if saves a person life, I have dealt with so, so many stupid people.
Tru

How honest are you about your feelings and opinions to others?: Why do they need to know? That stuff is private.
I know.

How do you deal with stress?: Black metal band, yoga, and mint tea
Fruit salad for snack and I make dinner

Explain your training process for a newly acquired Pokemon: You got to build trust up first, get to know them. Research.
Nap pile with everyone.

Have you ever raised or helped raise a newborn Pokemon?: No, I have watched newborns from wild nests on occasion but I had not had the time to.
Cute Muppet babies

How many miles can you run?: 357 in six years and counting. Timed or paced? Unsure.
Told you to play dead.
Lan, please.

What is the correct way to hold your hand when throwing a punch?:Thumb outside, below your curled fingers keep them relaxed. I prefer to strike with the flat of my palms though.
She goes for the throat.

Do you absolutely swear to never call the Doveport Pokémon Enrichment Facility a daycare?: I make no promises that Lan won't, but I can keep that.
Ehh, depends on if it is funny or not in context

Signature: Kennedy Ann Onassis

Erina_Nobara

Long-Term Resident
D
Name: Oz Rozenqueen

Use only five words to describe yourself: brave, artistic, talented, mature, wise

What is your greatest achievement?: traveling the world and taking the ultimate photograph

You are stuck on a deserted island, and only have enough food to feed yourself or your Pokemon. Who do you prioritize?: I prioritize my pokemon. They are my friends and family. I’d be so upset with myself if I made it off the island alive and they didn’t.

When is it acceptable to lie?: White lies are ok in my book. But most of the time I’m pretty truthful.

How honest are you about your feelings and opinions to others?: ……ok so I try to be the tough guy, and as ‘manly’ as I possible on the outside. But really I might be sort of a softie. But don’t tell anyone! I have an image to uphold.

How do you deal with stress?: Going for a run or some other physical activity

Explain your training process for a newly acquired Pokemon: Baby steps. We take things slow. Until the pokemon is comfortable in what it’s doing, I don’t force them into things they aren’t ready for. Especially when it comes to battling. Maybe start out with easy fights to build up confidence. It’s not that I don’t believe in my pokemon, because I do. I just want them to feel at ease and comfortable working with me as my partner.

Have you ever raised or helped raise a newborn Pokemon?: On my many explorations I have seen newbon pokemon. But honestly I have no experience. I only know what I have witnessed in the wild.

How many miles can you run?: At least 1, maybe 2?

What is the correct way to hold your hand when throwing a punch?: Well I would take my glass of fruit drink and throw it most expertly in the enemy’s face. Aim for the eyes ALWAYS with my pinky held up. gotta be fancy.….well I guess that was kind of a lame joke.

Do you absolutely swear to never call the Doveport Pokémon Enrichment Facility a daycare?: I swear it!

Signature:
Oz Rosenqueen

PeterPan_da144

Stew Aficionado
D
Supporter
Name: Floretta Jessamy

Use only five words to describe yourself: Friendly, inquisitive, gentle and creative.

What is your greatest achievement?: Surviving in a household full of fire! I'm not even kidding, I've got thirteen siblings, and my entire family uses Fire Poke'mon, and are black smiths! Or some other varying degree of hands on jobs.

You are stuck on a deserted island, and only have enough food to feed yourself or your Pokemon. Who do you prioritize?: My Poke'mon of course! A majority are Grass Poke'mon, so they probably don't need a lot of help, but they're just as important to me as any one else, so why would I not feed them first? It would probably turn into a fight though... With them trying to make me eat it, and me trying to get them to eat.

When is it acceptable to lie?: It is never acceptable to lie.

How honest are you about your feelings and opinions to others?: I'm an open book! My family hates it... But I've found it's one of the easiest and best ways to make friends. I don't tell other peoples secrets, of course, because that's not mine to tell. But it is easy to read how I'm feeling about something, and I'd tell someone if I was uncomfortable.

How do you deal with stress?: What is stress? If I were to get stressed, I'd probably go sit somewhere really nice and tranquil and draw. Maybe cuddle up with my Poke'mon, have a snack.

Explain your training process for a newly acquired Pokemon: I'd get to know them first of course! I don't really like fighting, so training has always been awkward for me, but I learned a lot from my family on how to handle new Poke'mon. First step is to get to know them. Every Poke'mon has a different style of living, which affects how they might fight or react to things. My Meganium, Flora, really helps me out a lot with this too. They're great with new Poke'mon.

Have you ever raised or helped raise a newborn Pokemon?: I've helped to raise so many. My siblings all got their first Poke'mon from my parents Poke'mons, so we all pitched in and helped to raise the newborns. Older and younger kids alike. It was always a very hands on situation.

How many miles can you run?: Uh... My sister says I've run a mile and a half before without stopping, so about that much? She says I could probably run more if I really wanted to, with all the energy I have.

What is the correct way to hold your hand when throwing a punch?: My sister always said that you should close your fist and tuck your thumb underneath so it doesn't get caught on anything. Then when you extend your arm in the punch, you're supposed to keep it level, back of your hand up, palm down... I hope I'm describing this right... She's shown me how and I'm practicing so I can describe it best, but I don't think I did it justice. Is a diagram ok?

Do you absolutely swear to never call the Doveport Pokémon Enrichment Facility a daycare?: I absolutely swear to never call it a daycare.

Signature: Floretta Jessamy

Reoakee

Grizzled Veteran
D
Name: Wren Taurëore

Use only five words to describe yourself: inquisitive, relaxed, caring, friendly, responsible

What is your greatest achievement?: Making my own way in life and continuing to always find things that interest me.

You are stuck on a deserted island, and only have enough food to feed yourself or your Pokémon. Who do you prioritize?: stretch it 50-50 we can work together to find more food if we both have some energy.

When is it acceptable to lie?: [the paperwork seems to have been answered and erased before being filled out again] When lives are at stake and telling the truth will harm everyone and get someone killed. Such as a hostage situation it’s better to let the authorities sort it out even if they do lie to help prevent some child from being killed.

How honest are you about your feelings and opinions to others?: Perhaps a bit too honest as I have been told I’m ‘blunt’

How do you deal with stress?: I take time for small hobbies such as painting and gardening.

Explain your training process for a newly acquired Pokemon: it depends on the Pokemon as many have different needs. A more canine Pokemon might be easier to train but bird Pokemon need other techniques but can still be trained with patience and love.

Have you ever raised or helped raise a newborn Pokemon?: I have helped care for newborn Pokemon. It’s important to build trust so the Pokemon knows it’s safe with you and knows it can get food and needs from you.

How many miles can you run?: 2 if stressed about 5 if relaxed pacing.

What is the correct way to hold your hand when throwing a punch?: [there are several hesitation marks and pencil pokes by the question] closed fist thumb folded over the front.

Do you absolutely swear to never call the Doveport Pokémon Enrichment Facility a daycare?: Yes. An enrichment center offers more services then a daycare I think.

Signature: Wren Taurëore

Rano713

Grizzled Veteran
D
Name: Tori Shell

Use only five words to describe yourself: Cheerful, helpful, clumsy, friendly!!! spacey

What is your greatest achievement?: [FONT=Conspiracy, serif]I would say it was going through the pokemon league in Kanto, but I only got 3 badges in. Instead it'd have to be deciding to get a degree in Pokémon Nutrition while I study medicine. I hope to make many more achievements while here in Nauwill! [/FONT]

You are stuck on a deserted island, and only have enough food to feed yourself or your Pokemon. Who do you prioritize?: [FONT=Conspiracy, serif]Oh no! I'd have to care for the pokemon to the best of my ability. I-I'd still try to split it with the majority going to my pokemon. While they may not be absolutely helpless without me, they do depend on me for the majority of their care. But also is this like a deserted deserted island where there's like only a single coconut tree or is there some sort of wildlife here? If it can support wildlife, then it should be able to support us. Or I mean, there are fish, so I should be able to supplement. That'd be awful though to have to decide. I hope I never have to!!![/FONT]

When is it acceptable to lie?: Um, well. You really shouldn't lie. I guess the only acceptable time to do it is if, uh, if it'd end up hurting them or putting them in unsafe situations if you didn't.

How honest are you about your feelings and opinions to others?: Oh! I love to be honest with others about my feelings. How else can they know them? Nobody's a mind reader! Unless I maybe don't feel so positively about them. I might keep that to myself. Nobody deserves to feel bad about themselves or disliked.

How do you deal with stress?: [FONT=Conspiracy, serif]Nothing seems to be quite so bad after I go for a swim or run with my Pokémon. But you should also make sure you're eating right and drinking enough. If things are really bad, then a good cry can help get all the excess feelings out. I've tried journaling but it just doesn't work for me.[/FONT]

Explain your training process for a newly acquired Pokemon: Well first you have to see what sort of limits the pokemon already has. Then you slowly build upon them based on what kind of activities and moves you want the pokemon to do/have. You gotta build up trust with the new 'mon and make sure you take it slow! Good diets and starting small is the way to go.

Have you ever raised or helped raise a newborn Pokemon?: [FONT=Conspiracy, serif]Absolutely!! My mom worked at a pokemon center and occasionally she would come home with a newly hatched 'mon to take care of until it was ready either for release or to go to a pokemon professor. It was always so fulfilling to see them go from lil bean to fully fledged pokemon. [/FONT]

How many miles can you run?: Um, I've never measured if I went all out, but I like to run about 3 or 4 miles when I go for my daily runs?

What is the correct way to hold your hand when throwing a punch?: Oh, I know this one! Keep your thumb on the outside and tuck your fingers in. Swing with your whole arm and keep your wrist straight!

Do you absolutely swear to never call the Doveport Pokémon Enrichment Facility a daycare?: Sure, I won't call the Doveport Pokémon Enrichment Facility a daycare. But maybe you should brainstorm something shorter to call it? Doveport Pokémon Enrichment Facility is a bit of a mouthful to say in casual conversation. DPEF doesn't really have the same feel.

Signature:
Tori Shell

Nym

actual trash
D
Staff member
Mod
Lucille had begun reading the papers directly in front of the crowd, occasionally holding one finger up to indicate silence when the crowd spoke too loudly and mumbling softly as he read over each sentence and line. His face lacked any flicker of emotion, frozen in place as he scanned and flipped through the questionnaires.
It took twenty long and painfully quiet minutes until he raised a paper in the air, waving it for all to see.
"Kennedy Onassis," he called, lowering his raised arm and shifting his weight to hoist the egg higher up his chest as he reviewed the paper again. "I like how you dissected the question; you were right, it was illogical. A good trainer can think for themselves and outside the box. Catch the little details."
He waited for Kennedy to come closer, breaking their distance to meet with the trainer and directly deposit the egg into their hands.
"Just make sure to open up to your Pokemon. Be honest with them, if not anyone else."

Congratulations, @Shaddaling. You've taken home the egg! It's only a few days until Kennedy hears cracking sounds within, and only an hour after until the egg bursts open to reveal...

A shiny eevee! Kennedy will have a lot on their hands caring for the young Pokemon, but we hope they can create an everlasting bond during their travels.
They will have an official drop when the drop gallery/ownerslist is made! You can currently use the image above to show-off, just know they'll have an official upload later!

Last edited: