✦ ᗒPokémon Expeditionsᗕ ✦ ⋖Beyond the Horizon⋗ ✦ [Many System Overhauls!]

astralprogenitor

late to the party
D
Staff member
Admin
Designer
Woops, I forgot to announce the changes announced in Discord here - probably a good idea, aaaa!

The discussed system changes have been implemented. Bot changes will be coming a little bit later.

RP now rewards currency. The rate is the same as Expeditions, but there is a monthly limit on it to discourage spamming micro RPs / forcing words in order to earn more. For the moment, this limit is 100 currency per month - we'll keep an eye on it and see if it needs changing.

Training issss no longer a thing! I've moved the Pokémon Training subforum into the Archive, so you can access your old threads. I've given all submitted training out, but if you had anything that was written and not submitted, you can copy it into a solo RP to gain the same thing.

Training Certs will be sold in the bot like other items from now on, at a cost of 1 (currency faction undecided lol I need to look at the stores before I get shark to add it). You'll be limited in how many you can buy similar to how you were limited in number of Trainings you could turn in. This means the system acts basically the same, except you don't have to do training-oriented roleplay - you can, if that's what you want, but you can also now use your expedition funding or just write about anything else in the shop to earn them! More flexibility, same general restrictions.

Expeditions now allow you to take pokémon that are up to one rank higher than the area you're exploring. Notably, I also removed the trainer rank restriction - you cannot raise the rank of a pokémon higher than their trainer, still (so a Beginner can't raise an Amateur poge's rank), but you can take them into Expeditions as long as they're within the rank restriction, yay!

Daily rewards will be added to the bot soon, more details to come.

I am also looking at the suggestion that was given about allowing art instead of writing for currency gaining! I do like the idea, I just need to figure out how much and how often currency can be given for that sort of thing, but I thought it was worth mentioning. Look forward to some more changes scooting in going forward, most likely - I've been doing a lot of feeling out things that I think make the place less fun and things I think could make it more fun.​

I know some people have been put off by the rules or restrictiveness of them in the past - if so, you should come and peek around, as we've made lots of changes to make things more streamlined and relaxed / easier overall.