Latest posts

Group events

Kitsusagi Realms

A Lesson in Spell Usage

Kitsusagi Staff

Grizzled Veteran
D
Mule Account
Hello there. My name is Bartholomew and I can see you are interested in how magic works. Lets take a moment to explain it so I have time to answer some questions you might have.

First all Kitsusagi are magical. As such it’s important to know that everyone no matter what breed or class can learn some kind of magic. Some classes and breeds can learn special kinds of magic. Every single Kitsusagi that has the availability to learn magic though some find it far harder then others so they have given up on it.

Being level one and so young you only have one 'slot' open to learn magic. Just imagine it as a card if that helps. Any spell you can met the requirements for can go in that slot.

Of course once you learn a spell that 'slot' is taken up.

You can learn a new slot by forgetting the spell that was in that spot to free up the 'slot' for the new spell

Those of course are the basics so long as you meet the requirements you can learn spells. Still as you know you can't stay young forever to that end every time you gain a level you gain a 'slot' and certain classes tend to use magic more then most so they get very good at handling it giving them extra 'slots' over time.

Normal Kitsusagi have one 'slot' per level so total 'slots' would be one at level 1, two at level 2 and three at level 3
Clerics, Bards, Druids and of course mages get an extra spell slot at even levels + their normal slot gain
so total 'slots' would be one at level 1, three at level 2 and four at level 3 and so on. I believe the highest level a Kitsusagi can be right now is five due to the magic that has to be built in their body when leveling up. (Lore staff has to make more spells and things for stuff to fill out before letting you all level more. please be patient with us)

I know I know. You already know all this from those guides in the battle section right? Well that's alright because now I'm going to get into the really exciting stuff. I know all of you want to know how to use the magic you learned right? Well it just so happens you can use your magic in AND out of battle. Sadly you can use magic less in battle then out of it. I think it has something to do with the adrenaline rush from fighting that limits you.

Each 'slot' can be used a limited number of times a day in and out of battle.

At Kitsusagi level one each slot can be used
Lvl 1 spell: 1 per battle, up to 3 times per day.

So I could use this one spell three times per day but only time per each battle i am in. I would be exhausted for the day at level one. Of course as we gain levels we not only gain 'slots' but strength in magic as well!

At Kitsusagi level two each slot can be used
Lvl 1 spell: 2 per battle, up to 4 times per day.

So that one spell 'Slot' can be cast twice in battle, and four times outside of it. Remember this applies to each 'slot' and you have more slots at level two and depending on your class you might have three 'slots' total to cast from.

Now I'm sure you noticed that two of my spells there are the same. That's ok. you can have up to three 'slots' filled with the same kind of spell. And yes you only have to learn it once in study to fill all three slots.

One good way to be able to cast more spells is to have purchased a scribed scroll from those who have scribed down spells so that any Kitsusagi can use them but that takes a lot more time and effort so most don't worry over it to much preferring to use their natural prowess to deal with things.

Now of course there are only so many lvl 1 spells out there to learn so as we gain even more experience we are able to use lvl 2 spells and in time even greater spells. They have more power and only take up a single slot just like lvl 1 spells. Also just like level one spells they can only be used a certain number of times per day.

At Kitsusagi level Three
Lvl 1 spell: 3 per battle, up to 5 times per day.
Lvl 2 spell: 1 per battle, up to 3 times per day.

At Kitsusagi level Four
Lvl 1 spell: 4 per battle, up to 6 times per day.
Lvl 2 spell: 2 per battle, up to 4 times per day.

At Kitsusagi level Five
Lvl 1 spell: 4 per battle, up to 6 times per day.
Lvl 2 spell: 2 per battle, up to 4 times per day.
Lvl 3 spell: 1 per battle, up to 3 times per day.​

That is all all a bit complex I know but take a few times to study it and it might help you understand magic a bit more and if you are still stuck I would recommend asking Reoakee in the Kitsusagi discord chat for a better explanation. After all that is was staff are there for is to help you out.