Allowing people's quotes to show up under the post they are quoting [Explained]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midnight Holographic

Long-Term Resident
D
Similar to how they do it in toyhouse. I was thinking about how that might be useful in the permission thread. Instead of having to search for who approved of a wishing the comment would just show up under the first person post. Or maybe just allow commenting under forum posts.

astralprogenitor

late to the party
D
Staff member
Admin
Designer
🐸

Not likely to happen, as it would require a complete restructuring of how ... a forum works in general. Toyhouse doesn't have a forum system in place on comments - they're comment threads, individually. I'm personally not interested in adding a layer of comments on top of a forum system.

You have to remember that we're running shops in what will at one point be a wider system - while we gladly make some accomodations, in the end it is a forum and is meant to be. Spreading conversations into several comment threads would make it extremely messy to have general conversations (something I've heard complained about with regard to running games, shops, etc on Toyhouse).

What I'd suggest would be more to suggest to shop owners to set up their permissions a different way - for instance at ACBC we did make one full thread, but maybe having a forum with one thread = one agreement might be more efficient. I don't know! :3

🐸

Status
Not open for further replies.