Bats in the Belfry -CYO ON DISCORD!

Luxona

Grizzled Veteran
D
*rubs face* h'okay so... my brain kept circling back to anthro critters... and i feel like i've totally failed on the ferret/pony/mlp thing so much that trying to get back into it hurts... and i end up redoing the lines so much anyway... i thought, what if i did a shop with a few 'base' bases, then released other poses and such through custom sheets? and then take inspo from AC and template different animal features? i... really don't have a solid direction i want to go in yet, as i have no idea if anyone would jump on board with these critters... but they're bat-based, probably gonna call the shop Chiroptera or something? but they can have different 'mutes' or mutations for different animal features... common traits is their fangs and claws, and all will have the magic to fly (although muted, webless, or no-winged bats will have varying levels of difficulty doing so) and can echolocate to find things... they'll probably be slightly activity required to grow, thinking maybe school style where you roll dice till you get a passing grade, just something fun but simple... maybe drawing them all grown up could be a way to skip that, and drawing them in an outfit could get that outfit discounted (or free if it's simple)... also not totally sure i'm liking their heads/ear set-up, so feel free to offer advice/ideas on anything from shop mechanics to the art itself... OTL

RX on pose B with optional fluff has the default bat ears, middle/up default bat wings, and fox tail
Champagne on pose C has fox ears, no wings, and fluffy cat tail
Paging Petals on pose A with optional fluff has default bat ears, middle/down default bat wings, and tufted tail (lion, cow, etc)
Right On Chime on pose B has feathered ears, middle/up feathered wings, and feathered tail (generic birb)
Fang on pose A has default bat ears, down/up webless bat wings, and default bat tail

Last edited:

Luxona

Grizzled Veteran
D

probably one of the first 'sheet' poses? would come with both the suited and unsuited critter, choice from a few task related items floating above the hand, choice of mutes, can pic one of the Among Us colors and could add hats or critters from the game...

Luxona

Grizzled Veteran
D
After a little more thinking, I'd probably name the creatures koumori, and pull the fortune cookie starting stage over from the cookie pop idea...

Erina_Nobara

Long-Term Resident
D
*peeks in* is this open for posting? I just wanted to say that these are so cool~ I luv them! <333 and I think the fortune cookie stage would be cute as a starter stage too. I'll definitely be lurking, and watching this thread.~

Melomar

Grizzled Veteran
D
I'm not big on food>>animal stages but I do like these guys. They're super cute (I love bats). So I'm on board. :D *watch*

Luxona

Grizzled Veteran
D

So I did some sketching, and made a new head/face and bat ears! Also lined this one thinner, think I'm gonna go back and update the other templates to match~ (this will also be one of the sheet poses!)

Luxona

Grizzled Veteran
D
Got the main poses relined, now working on wings!!! Feel free to toss some simple OC's at me that you'd like on one of the three base templates, but keep in mind there will be opportunities to get sheet exclusive poses or even custom ones made! I'll try to pick a few to do up while I'm ironing everything out~

Erina_Nobara

Long-Term Resident
D
I can toss Mugen at you again. Or I have others. XD But I think he'd make a cool pet.

if you need his uncert since it's bigger, here's that: link
I can't wait to see what all you've been working on. <3333

Luxona

Grizzled Veteran
D
| | the thing you need most | |

UPDATE!!!

Changed the A pose to something I like better, made the noses more batty, and thinning the lines out! New ears too!

In the meantime... I'm thinking of doing an academy-like thing? Like the kids go to normal schools, then teens to young adults go to academies to learn specific fields and to hone their magic abilities? Or something? I was musing over ideas today and thought something like Hogwarts or how the Pokemon Go teams are would be cool, bats could have their houses and team colors, there'd be events where they could compete for prizes, breeding bats of the same house could have an extra kit... I haven't gotten anything solidified yet, so I'd love to hear y'alls thoughts and ideas!!!

| | is a hand to hold | |

Last edited:

Luxona

Grizzled Veteran
D

I'm thinking I want there to be actual breeds rather than all bats with different mutes, so Chime in the first post would be a regular 'bird' breed (debating if I want to go with the Japanese word for bird -tori- or a mispelling of it, like byrd? since not actual birds just a bat that resembles a bird? so a fake bird kinda????? or maybe just call them 'feathers'??????) with the feathered ears and tail being the base features, but then if a critter had feathered wings and bat ears they'd be a hybrid? If it was feathered wings and fox ears it'd be a feather-mute? So there'd probably be bat, feather, sea/fish... then there'd probably be a fourth more exclusive breed of gem/crystal bats with gem eyes and sparkly wings...

Y'all got any thoughts or ideas? Refs for good sea/fish-style wings? I have some made up but I'm not really happen with em XD;;;

@Erina_Nobara i'mma ping you on discord!~ 8D

Erina_Nobara

Long-Term Resident
D
Eee! They look wonderfullll~ <333

I actually have a pet from DA that has cool looking fish fins that could pass for wings. I can show you on discord. xD

And yes feel free to ping me! lol ouo

Luxona

Grizzled Veteran
D

BATS IN THE BELFRY Y'ALL

FORGET COOKIES, WE DOING BELLS

REV YOU'RE A GENIUS

Luxona

Grizzled Veteran
D

Bell stage! The clapper metal indicates what kind of lineart/base it's on! Copper for the base three, silver for RLC, and gold for Royals!

Luxona

Grizzled Veteran
D

Thread is reserved, making progress on shop graphics and templates!