Discussions:

Latest posts

Group events

Pokémon Expeditions

[Battle]Farren vs Lan [PRP]

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
The storm had finally passed, leaving behind wreckage outside the walls of the port. Lan was pleasantly surprised at the lack of damage to the town and was trying not to dwell on how much funds had to go to have a group of Pokemon hold up a barrier for nearly a week. Instead, he was outside, gently cradling Flapjack as the fusion attempted to become one with his skin between making adorable peeping nose when he occasionally became brave enough to peek out.

Christmas waddled ahead, eager to stretch her legs outside. Her vines picked up the occasional item, pulling it closer to her face before gleefully flinging it away with an eager SAUR!. Ghost was riding on her back, little legs set in her bulb, nearly obscured by the fluffy golden down that flowed from it.

"To bad we can't go exploring something new." He had been considering the journeys with some friends, having recognized the map area. But he was also sort of tired. A break would be nice but he also wanted to do something more.

Blinded By Silence

Grizzled Veteran
D
Farren was on his way back from the beach. As much as he disliked storms, he had to admit, they always seemed to wash up the coolest things onto the shore. So with a mesh bag filled with discarded shells, a jar filled with pretty sea glass, and plenty of trash that he was on his way to dispose of, the tall, broad-shouldered young man wandered slowly down the street in search of a trash can (or recycling, even better!) Beside him, a sandy-colored Totodile plodded along on all fours, happy to be out of her ball and enjoying the first bits of sunlight the small town has had in a week. Looking up, he spied another trainer wandering about. Farren raised a hand welcomingly and called out, "Yo, howzit?"

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
"Was that suppose to be English?" Lan questioned, more to himself and perhaps Flapjack as the fusion made a puzzled noise as he was transferred in a one arm hold so Lan could wave back. "What up with the trash?" He called, eyes focusing on the collection of various garbage on the others person. "Are you a hobo?" Amusement colored his tone as he headed towards him.

Christmas gave a pleasant gleeful noise and charged at the Totodile. "Saur!" She called out, in greeting, coming to a hard stop that made her nearly tumble on her face. She hummed, pushing herself back up good naturally, ignoring the scolding coming from her passenger.

Blinded By Silence

Grizzled Veteran
D
Farren let out a deep, rumbling laugh as he approached. He held out his arms, as if requesting a second chance at first impressions, "Nah, bruh. The storm whipped up a bunch of trash from the sea, washed it all ashore. I pick it up when I go walking, and a few fun treasures, if the ocean provides." He pats the jar of glass, which jingles pleasantly. The tall Alolan stopped a few feet from the stranger and grinned, "Name's Farren Marco. Nice to meetcha!"

He looked down to Brook, who had lowered themselves to the ground, unsure of the bright pink Bulbasaur that was charging them. Once they skidded to a halt, however, she rose and sat back on her haunches, eyeing the Pokemon curiously.

"That's Brook, my Totodile. What a cute little Bulbasaur you've got! Oh, and a little bug friend, too." He smiled at them, giving a friendly wave.

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
"Ahh," Lan said relaxed as knelt down, letting Flapjack go as the Mimikyu espeon fusion squirmed. He gave a little hum as the fairy ghost hide behind his legs, giving tiny mmmmm noises of uneasy. He dusted his knees, letting the pokemon use him as a shield as he offered a hand to Farren. "Lan, Lan Nyugen," he replied, the second being pronounced close to win.

"Her name is Christmas. She native to the area, and so is Ghost. He's the scatterbug in her down." Lan added. "Brook a cute name."

Blinded By Silence

Grizzled Veteran
D
He spied the little Mimikyuu and smiled wide, "Oh, that's wild, I've never seen a Mimikyuu like that one. Is it..." He shifted to try and get a better look, "Are you dressed as an Espeon, little one? That's a great costume! Very convincing," He gave a friendly wink to the little ghost.

He clasped hands with the young man and clapped his shoulder in greeting, "Good to meet you, friend!" He released him and stepped back, digging in his cargo pocket. He pulled out another Pokeball. Pressing the button, he released Storm next to Brook. The little Chingling chimed happily in greeting.

"This is Storm, I found them running around during the storm." He chuckles and rubs the back of his neck, "I'm not the most creative, I guess."

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
Flapjacked tipped up giving a startled squeak at Farren and tucked himself more firmly against Lan's leg.

"He's a fusion," Lan replied, giving a soothing coo noise at the ghost type. "I can't remember what causes it." He had been more distracted at the beautiful little ghost type he had been presented with.

"All mine are named after succulents since they refused to let me bring my plants." He wiggled his fingers at the chingling. "How did you weather out the storm?"

Blinded By Silence

Grizzled Veteran
D
"Fusions, right! That's like, a whole thing here, yeah? Wild," He grinned at the little ghost, amazed, "Our world holds so many gifts."

"Succulents? Oh like cactus, yeah? That's way better than just water names,"
He laughed, "I've got one more, a Lapras named Misty, but she's back in my room. She's a bit too strong for me just yet. One day though, we'll see what these seas have to offer us, for sure."

He gave a bit of a shiver, "Not well, storms are something I prefer to stay far away from if I can. I've spent most of my life at sea. They're one of the gifts I wish the earth would take back. I'm a wanderer by nature, it drove me mad having to stay in town, staring up at it, praying to the gods that the barrier held." He sighed, relieved that it was finally over, "I can't wait until they let us out again. I'd like to get this map done if I can. You?"

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
"Ooh, you have a Lapras too? Well Mana truely not mine, but I help Kennedy take care of her." Used her in battle a few times, rode her up and down waterfalls, that sort of thing. They had a system in place. It worked well enough.

"Ooh? Not very fond of the sea." Sure people talked it up, but it was just sand in uncomfortable places, and the smell of fish and rotten seaweed and salt. It was terrible for his hair, okay. He glanced up at the clear skies. "I was surprise they had such a thing. Can't imagine what it cost to have that many pokemon working together for that long."

Blinded By Silence

Grizzled Veteran
D
Farren nods, "A gift from my father, seeing as he couldn't very well leave me a ship of my own." He rested his hands behind his head, relaxing as they talked. This whole storm bit had been pretty lonely, what with being cooped up in his room for most of it. He was grateful for the company, "No? It's not for everyone, I suppose. My hometown is mostly pier and houseboats, a storm like this would have been devastating," He shakes his head, his eyes following Lan's up to the sky, "It's something, for sure." He pauses a beat before shifting back to his big grin, "So, friend, what brings you out here? To Nauwill, I mean. Adventure, research?"

@Shaddaling

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
"A better paying job," Lan said. "Or well, a more steady job." The guide business tended to be more seasonal and the icy mountain of the route was dangerous. "Though I admit the adventure been rather nice. It's sort of like when I was just starting out in Johto, but you know not as dangerous because I'm not eleven anymore." He had more experience now.

"You? I'm guessing Adventure, since you don't seem like a researcher."

Blinded By Silence

Grizzled Veteran
D
"A bit of both, believe it or not," He pats one of the pockets on his cargo shorts, his large hand thumping against the concealed field journal he'd been keeping up with, "I'm a freelance cartographer, maps, surveying, and the like. Couldn't resist the call of the unexplored." His eyes flicked back to the barrier. He really hoped it'd come down soon. He returned his attention to Lan, "Yo, you're a trainer then? Did the whole journey bit? Betch'ya got some good stories then, yeah? That's wild! Never got around to that, Brook's actually my first ever Pokemon." Farren grinned down at her. He might have little to no clue what he was doing, but she seemed happy enough.

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
"Maps hmm, you any good? A good map can save your life," Lan had spent a good amount of time on the mountains, exploring the tunnels and routes. It had taken a long time to get a sense of the pokemon migrations and the yearly freeze and melt of the ice caverns.

"I don't know about good. I take it you never seen the trainer death rates in Johto," Lan said calmly, bemused as he looked at Brook. Farren had lived a rather sheltered life. "She's a good choice. Though they do tend to be rather bitey. She tear anything up yet?"

Blinded By Silence

Grizzled Veteran
D
"Good enough, I think," He says with a modest shrug, "One of my maps is in the Professor's lab back in Hau'oli. You can get a better one, what with all the fancy technology they have nowadays, but, I dunno, there's something to be said about scouting a place yourself, ya'know?" He shakes his head, "Nah, only been to Johto... three times? Yeah. And never for too long, just picking up and dropping off trainers here and there. Is it that bad? Trials in Alola are pretty chill, all things considered." Farren lets out a laugh when Lan asks about the Totodile. He lifts his boot so the newly sewn patch on the side of it can be seen, "Ah, yeah. I learned that pretty recently. She didn't care much for the storm is my guess." Brook let out a low, indignant hiss that her trainer would tattle on her to some stranger. "I try and get her worn out at the beach. Only so much we could do in our rooms, so. Is what it is. 'Less you know a trick to keeping them entertained?"

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
"I think you are doing better then good enough, if a Professor is displaying it." Lan arched a brow and gave a sharp little grin. "You get enough 11 years together without adult supervision and bad stuff happen." He laughed a little bit mean. "I mean, there are always people who try to help out but the jokes about feral children aren't too far off."

"We did a lot of stupid shit, sometimes I'm surprise we lived through it." He looked over the patch. "That isn't a bad job, it looks rather even." Lan said, and paused looking over the Totodile. "Not really, I mean I have anti-bite gloves. Wearing her out at the beach would help, or getting some very durable toys."