Bender's bestiary [it thread]

Zakiax

Stew Aficionado
D
So this idea and art is about 3 yrs old. But i would like to try to bring this idea to life here

So just seeing if anyone would be interested in this:

All pets would be the ones from the Avatar world.

Ex: (Turtle Ducks)

WIP of things.

Fire Ferret Child/Adult Sketches (Adult's hind legs look off so i need to fix that lol

Marble (First breeding stage) - (Fire element, other elements will be done as i go along)

Others I have sketched:
Flying Bison
Polar Bear Dog
Fire Ferret
Winged Lemur (Just adult stage)

What would be needed:
Name of Shop - Benders Bestiary (potential name)
General Info. rules, customs breedings ect.
Shop Lore - Possible a world before humans existed
Banners
Cert (Elemental specific)
World Map (One giant island of all the continents from the world of avatar)
Pricing ( mainly free events with custom priced.)
Rp Manager or two
Few Colorist
Creatures to be redrawn as this is 3 year old art and i've improved. Prob not do pixels for these with a single layer of shading.

WIP Info:

Bender’s Bestiary Info:

Mainly free shop, only paid things are customs. (Discord or here credit for pay)
Stock edits - specific per pet/element, 'bought' via items found through rp/art rolls/events ect.
Breedings (Free to rped couples, or through a totem item of sorts)

Setting: A time in the World of Avatar before humans were a thing and when beasts inherited the lands.

Breeding Lore: Offspring a made by two creatures coming together and praying for children. While they pray they find rocks and polish them infusing their magic into these stones. Once enough magic is in the stones the stones will 'hatch' into the child stages.

Cert: Design needed, though will need to contain some sort of the aspect of element for each character. Suggestions on a background for a design is welcomed. - Changable backgrounds

Speech/language: All creatures can understand each other, though a telepathic connection. However also all creatures have their own language.

Stages: Marble/polish stone with element (only for breeding), Juvenile, Adult

Map (Still need a graphic design but this is what I have in mind): One land with maybe a few islands to the south. 4 Temples (Temples are mainly just places with significance, ex: in the inner workings of a dormant volcano, places where the elemental energy was great once.) across the land, one for each element. A being will have to travel to the temple to interact with the npc, to learn about bending. Mountains and mountain range, Forest, dessert, rivers, plains, volcano, canyon, lakes, all are features I plan to have on the map, but I will need names for these, so looking for suggestions.

Elements and bending: 4 Elements affiliation (Earth, Air, Water, Fire) are something a creature is born with. Gen 1s will start off with a single element, however through breedings offspring will have the potential of having the element of both parents (on rare occasions). Bending can only be happened through extensive training at the temple, with the monks (Npcs owed by staff). Not all creatures will start off with an element. This will be determined by dice to see if your pet can learn element bending or not.

Battle System: Will need to figure out one and put on in place. Dice system for attacks, adding bending to a system ect. Stat system determined by ranks. Kinda like a D&D feel to how battles will work.

Suggestions welcomed

Last edited: