Not open for further replies.

PeterPan_da144

Stew Aficionado
D
Supporter

Character Name: Gingko Minjarra

Pronoun Choice: He/They

Home Region: Almia

Character Overview: Gingko is a man full boundless energy and optimism. He sees the best in every situation, often times the opposite of his partner, and greets everyone with the same amount of fervor. Everything a Poke'mon does is absolutely amazing to him, and he is more than happy to sit and observe them for hours. Quietly talking to himself and taking notes as he does so. Gingko is a deeply emotional person, and he can be swayed to tears easily. However, these episodes often don't happen for long, as he immediately starts thinking on how to make the situation better.

Five Likes:
  • Bubble baths
  • Exploring
  • Sweet tea
  • Floral print
  • Dresses

Five Dislikes:
  • Abandonment / Abuse / Neglect
  • Being called short
  • Vegetables
  • Being bound to technology
  • Deep dark caves

Hobbies: Teaching, Hiking, Rock climbing, Pottery, Observing Poke'mon

Three Strengths:
  • Loyal: Artemis is his partner, now and forever. He firmly believes in her and all the same things as she does, and will take her word over almost anyone else's. His loyalty does extend towards those who he gets close to.
  • Compassionate: The moment it seems like a Poke'mon is in danger, Gingko will step in and do whatever it takes to get them into a safe space and state. He deals with them very tenderly and carefully, working with them to earn their trust again if they come from a rough background.
  • Excitable: He responds quickly to new Poke'mon and situations, and will often get riled up and go off with fervor about the subject.
Three Flaws:
  • Reckless: With the innate need to help Poke'mon, Gingko has put himself into many dangerous situations. The man will jump in front of a charging Rhydon to attempt to help calm it down before it hurts itself or anyone else. Thankfully Artemis and both of their Poke'mon have helped get him out of these situations...
  • Overdoes self: Gingko works tirelessly to ensure that Poke'mon are being taken care of properly, both in the wild, and captivity. He has been known to go for several days with little to no self care, and has landed himself in the hospital once or twice because of it.
  • Juvenile: More often than not, Gingko is seen more as a teenager or young twenties, than the mid thirties man he is. Partially due to his stature, but primarily due to how he approaches things in life. Artemis has all of the seriousness that the duo needs, whereas Gingko "has no chill", and is often very simple in how he approaches happenings.

History:
- Grew up in a large and active household
- Surrounded by Poke'mon from day one because of all his family members
- Stumbled across a neglected Growlithe decently early on in his life, lost on the streets and emaciated
- Took it in immediately and nursed it back to health, alongside his family
- This helped steer him in the direction of learning Poke'mon Biology and Behavior
- All through his school years, he found more neglected Poke'mon (by humans) and hurt wild Poke'mon, helping each and every one that he could
- With the help and support of his family and newfound partner in his early twenties, Gingko and Artemis established a rescue for neglected and wounded Poke'mon
- They intended to use it to help rehabilitate Poke'mon to go back out into the wild, and a majority of their rescues have
- Any rescues who cannot survive on their own, or who grew too attached to them, remain within the rescue
- Following Artemis like usual, Gingko has taken this opportunity to observe new Poke'mon in a new region, and to help make sure their behavior is documented thoroughly so that they will never be neglected

Stats:

Strength
3 (5)​
Vitality
4 (5)​
Dexterity
2 (5)​
Insight
1 (5)​
Tough
1 (5)​
Cool
4 (5)​
Beauty
1 (5)​
Clever
3 (5)​
Cute
2 (5)​

Last edited by a moderator:

astralprogenitor

late to the party
D
Staff member
Admin
Designer
Couple of wee things:

Does loyalty extend to -other- people besides Artemis? Because I feel like that's tenuous as a strength if it's ONLY one person (as it could very much be a flaw in the exact same wording). However, if it applies to anyone they're close to, that definitely counts.

@ Deforestation, it's not really a thing?? the poke-world is full of wilderness and cities are really only in their own contained zones. There is logging for buildings at times but not to the huge destructive level it is in the real world, due to the just. lower population of humans and the ability of pokemon to help rapidly create supplies. The closest equivalent I could think would be clearing land at all, like what's going on in Doveport to make room for human settlement, but that's quite a bit smaller than mass deforestation.

PeterPan_da144

Stew Aficionado
D
Supporter
It would definitely apply to anyone they are close to as well, they just haven't made many of those connections yet. I hope they will with roleplay here xD I can update it to reflect as such. (it has been updated, if that's ok <3)

@ deforestation: that makes significantly more sense than I originally though LOL idk what was wrong with me um... I'm going to change that to deep dark caves, suddenly got struck with some inspo xD if that's ok

@polliwoggi

Status
Not open for further replies.