Not open for further replies.

Erina_Nobara

Long-Term Resident
D

https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810
Character Name: Mei 'Meimei' de Fae
Pronoun Choice: she/her, they/them
Home Region: Kalos

Personality overview: Mei is a very friendly, kind individual. And likes to spoil her pokemon. She is very insecure about her looks and life choices though, and fights with her parents a lot about her future. She wants to do things she enjoys like art school and raising her pokemon. But her parents had other plans. They wanted her to go to medical school. After the latest fight, her parents kicked her out for not following in their footsteps. (They are strict and not the nicest bunch of people) So look out Nauwill, Mei is moving in!

Five Likes: good food, europop/dance music, shopping, karaoke(even though she cant carry a tune) , arts and crafts(making accessories for her pokemon)
Five Dislikes: strenuous exercise, strict rules, being lonely, bad reviews of her webcomics, math
Hobbies: A kid at heart!~

• Digital Art -- Mei likes to draw with the help of her tablet. The main thing she likes to work on is her webcomic that is slowly growing in popularity across multiple regions. (web comic title pending xD )

• Reading Manga/Comics -- When Mei isn’t busy, she loves picking up a comic book to read. She especially loves shoujo manga. But she will also read shonen for the adventures!

• Listening to Music -- She always carries her headphones and mp3 player with her. If she needs to calm down or get in the right mood, especially to work on art, she plays suitable music.

• Video Games -- She loves a good rpg, farming/life sims, or even visual novels.

Three Strengths:

Imaginative -- She’s very creative. And tends to love the arts. She comes up with stories. And has a tendency to drift off into daydreams where her inspiration takes hold; fueling her work. She gets ideas and starts sketching right away or jotting notes all over her notebooks or whatever she has available at the time. She has even been known to take out her phone if nothing else and make notes for later use. Her phone is full of memos with crazy titles, that only she knows what they are referencing.

Protective -- Her friends are her best buds. If you are her friend, that means you are essentially like family, or even better than family because she doesn’t have a good relationship with her parents.. She will guard you like a mama bear. She will stick up for her pals, even if she is in a situation where she knows the odds are against her. She would keep secrets for you; whatever it takes to keep her friends safe.

Whimsical- (Fancifully spontaneous; giving in to humorous or imaginative impulsiveness.) She likes to do fun and creative activities. Her mind is very busy thinking of what exciting thing she can do next. She might decide to go karaoke out of the blue or dance in the rain. You never know with her. She might see beauty in things that others do not. After fighting with her parents over rules, she doesnt mind breaking rules for innocent fun. She dislikes strictness. Maybe a little rebellious.

Three Weaknesses:

Clingy -- Mei feels the need to always have someone with her, or at least close by. Sometimes it’s just to feel safer, or more reassured. But she tends to like holding hands or leaning on a person. If she can’t physically be with people, she likes to text or email or make phone calls. She always has her cell in her pocket to use at a moment’s notice. Some people find her behavior annoying. She needs to be told to give some personal space or she won’t even realize she’s doing it.

Insecure -- She can be very unsure of herself. She always looks for someone to boost her confidence. She has a habit of comparing herself to others at times. Like with her webcomic, she worries if it is really well-received by people, and struggles when she tries to compare it to other works by other artists. Mei also thinks she is only good at art and writing, but not subjects like math. So she tries her best to avoid it all together. This all stems from her unrealistic ideals and overly critical parents. She feels like a failure because they don’t consider what she’s doing to be worthwhile.

Gullible-She can be naive at times. Believing there is good in most all of us. She is a firm believer in second chances. And can easily be duped. She wants to see the best in people. She is one to give and give. Very empathetic to the point she might do something dumb to help out a swindler or con artist because she doesn't know better. Easily taken advantage of.

General Appearance:
Short and Curvy body type , Long White Hair, tan skin, pink Eyes(contacts)
~~~
Other info:
She used to work at a maid cafe part time for extra money.
~~~
Since she is looking for a fresh start she will easily be roped in by a Fairlight recruiter to be a scout. After, all it sounds fun and exciting! And in exchange she will be provided with housing, food, etc. And that sounds like a good deal to her. Plus the recruiter promised she could eventually find alternate work as an artist in the future.

Last edited:

Erina_Nobara

Long-Term Resident
D
------------------------
------------------------
HP
6​
Confidence
9​
Strength
⬤⬤⭘⭘⭘​
Dexterity
⬤⬤⭘⭘⭘​
Vitality
⬤⬤⭘⭘⭘​
Insight
⬤⬤⬤⬤⭘​
Tough
⬤⭘⭘⭘⭘​
Cool
⬤⬤⬤⭘⭘​
Beauty
⬤⬤⭘⭘⭘​
Clever
⬤⬤⭘⭘⭘​
Cute
⬤⬤⬤⭘⭘​
Brawl
⭘⭘⭘⭘⭘​
Throw
⬤⭘⭘⭘⭘​
Evasion
⭘⭘⭘⭘⭘​
Weapons
⭘⭘⭘⭘⭘​
Alert
⭘⭘⭘⭘⭘​
Athletic
⭘⭘⭘⭘⭘​
Nature
⭘⭘⭘⭘⭘​
Stealth
⭘⭘⭘⭘⭘​
Allure
⬤⬤⭘⭘⭘​
Etiquette
⬤⭘⭘⭘⭘​
Intimidate
⭘⭘⭘⭘⭘​
Perform
⬤⬤⭘⭘⭘​
Crafts
⬤⬤⭘⭘⭘​
Lore
⭘⭘⭘⭘⭘​
Medicine
⬤⭘⭘⭘⭘​
Science
⭘⭘⭘⭘⭘​
???
⭘⭘⭘⭘⭘​
???
⭘⭘⭘⭘⭘​
???
⭘⭘⭘⭘⭘​
???
⭘⭘⭘⭘⭘​
-----------------------
-----------------------
-----------------------
-----------------------

((I said medicine because her parents tried forcing her to go to medical school and stuff so she knows basic first aid.))

Last edited:

astralprogenitor

late to the party
D
Staff member
Admin
Designer
Your stats and bio look fine! I'm not approving yet though because of the ideas section, just to get a chance to respond and toss ideas back at you. She's pretty young, so her options for coming to Nauwill would probably be restricted to Fairlight. VCA primarily recruits its own students or alumni, and the URA requires a scientific background.

That being said, Fairlight is very open to people coming in exchange for labor of some sort. If she's looking for adventure, she could volunteer as a scout, for instance, or she could offer up as food service assistance because of the cafe experience! Fairlight recruiters are very much the sort to emphasize the great potential for adventure! New sights and discoveries to be made! - so if that would catch her ear, she could definitely get roped in, I think.

Note that obviously it's not in a slave kind of way - it's basically just paying work through food, lodging, and supplies instead of straight money. As the city grows and using actual currency instead of faction bartering becomes more common, I'm sure she could definitely find alternate work as an artist - or at least, that's what a recruiter would promise her. ;3

Erina_Nobara

Long-Term Resident
D
@polliwoggi that is a really good idea! I like that she can be recruited as a scout with the promise of art in her future. xD lol so I edited my first post to reflect that. So I think she's all set! Thanks for looking her over!

astralprogenitor

late to the party
D
Staff member
Admin
Designer
Awesome - approved, then.

Bio block:
Code:
[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/r5FWVm3.png?1[/IMG]
[URL]https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810[/URL]
[B]Character Name[/B]: Mei 'Meimei' de Fae
[B]Pronoun Choice[/B]: she/her, they/them
[B]Age[/B]: 18
[B]Home Region[/B]: Kalos

[B]Personality overview:[/B] Mei is a very friendly, kind individual. And likes to spoil her pokemon. She is very insecure about her looks and life choices though, and fights with her parents a lot about her future. She wants to do things she enjoys like art school and raising her pokemon. But her parents had other plans. They wanted her to go to medical school. After the latest fight, her parents kicked her out for not following in their footsteps. (They are strict and not the nicest bunch of people) So look out Nauwill, Mei is moving in!

[B]Five Likes[/B]: good food, europop/dance music, shopping, karaoke(even though she cant carry a tune) , arts and crafts(making accessories for her pokemon)
[B]Five Dislikes[/B]: strenuous exercise, strict rules, being lonely, bad reviews of her webcomics, math
[B]Hobbies[/B]: A kid at heart!~

[I]• Digital Art --[/I] Mei likes to draw with the help of her tablet. The main thing she likes to work on is her webcomic that is slowly growing in popularity across multiple regions. (web comic title pending xD )

[I]• Reading Manga/Comics --[/I] When Mei isn’t busy, she loves picking up a comic book to read. She especially loves shoujo manga. But she will also read shonen for the adventures!

[I]• Listening to Music --[/I] She always carries her headphones and mp3 player with her. If she needs to calm down or get in the right mood, especially to work on art, she plays suitable music.

[I]• Video Games --[/I] She loves a good rpg, farming/life sims, or even visual novels.

[B]Three Strengths[/B]:

[I]Imaginative --[/I] She’s very creative. And tends to love the arts. She comes up with stories. And has a tendency to drift off into daydreams where her inspiration takes hold; fueling her work. She gets ideas and starts sketching right away or jotting notes all over her notebooks or whatever she has available at the time. She has even been known to take out her phone if nothing else and make notes for later use. Her phone is full of memos with crazy titles, that only she knows what they are referencing.

[I]Protective --[/I] Her friends are her best buds. If you are her friend, that means you are essentially like family, or even better than family because she doesn’t have a good relationship with her parents.. She will guard you like a mama bear. She will stick up for her pals, even if she is in a situation where she knows the odds are against her. She would keep secrets for you; whatever it takes to keep her friends safe.

[I]Whimsical- [/I](Fancifully spontaneous; giving in to humorous or imaginative impulsiveness.) She likes to do fun and creative activities. Her mind is very busy thinking of what exciting thing she can do next. She might decide to go karaoke out of the blue or dance in the rain. You never know with her. She might see beauty in things that others do not. After fighting with her parents over rules,  she doesnt mind breaking rules for innocent fun. She dislikes strictness. Maybe a little rebellious.

[B]Three Weaknesses[/B]:

[I]Clingy --[/I] Mei feels the need to always have someone with her, or at least close by. Sometimes it’s just to feel safer, or more reassured. But she tends to like holding hands or leaning on a person. If she can’t physically be with people, she likes to text or email or make phone calls. She always has her cell in her pocket to use at a moment’s notice. Some people find her behavior annoying. She needs to be told to give some personal space or she won’t even realize she’s doing it.

[I]Insecure --[/I] She can be very unsure of herself. She always looks for someone to boost her confidence. She has a habit of comparing herself to others at times. Like with her webcomic, she worries if it is really well-received by people, and struggles when she tries to compare it to other works by other artists. Mei also thinks she is only good at art and writing, but not subjects like math. So she tries her best to avoid it all together. This all stems from her unrealistic ideals and overly critical parents. She feels like a failure because they don’t consider what she’s doing to be worthwhile.

[I]Gullible[/I]-She can be naive at times. Believing there is good in most all of us. She is a firm believer in second chances. And can easily be duped. She wants to see the best in people. She is one to give and give. Very empathetic to the point she might do something dumb to help out a swindler or con artist because she doesn't know better. Easily taken advantage of.

[B]General Appearance:[/B]
Short and Curvy body type , Long White Hair, tan skin, pink Eyes(contacts)
~~~
Other info:
She used to work at a maid cafe part time for extra money.
~~~
Since she is looking for a fresh start she will easily be roped in by a Fairlight recruiter to be a scout. After, all it sounds fun and exciting! And in exchange she will be provided with housing, food, etc. And that sounds like a good deal to her.  Plus the recruiter promised she could eventually find alternate work as an artist in the future.

Stats block:
Code:
[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD][CENTER][COLOR=rgb(106, 106, 106)]------------------------[/COLOR][/CENTER][/TD]

[TD][CENTER][COLOR=rgb(106, 106, 106)]------------------------[/COLOR][/CENTER][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][CENTER]HP
6[/CENTER][/TD]

[TD][CENTER]Confidence
9[/CENTER][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD][CENTER]Strength
⬤⬤⭘⭘⭘[/CENTER][/TD]

[TD][CENTER]Dexterity
⬤⬤⭘⭘⭘[/CENTER][/TD]

[TD][CENTER]Vitality
⬤⬤⭘⭘⭘[/CENTER][/TD]

[TD][CENTER]Insight
⬤⬤⬤⬤⭘[/CENTER][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD][CENTER]Tough
⬤⭘⭘⭘⭘[/CENTER][/TD]

[TD][CENTER]Cool
⬤⬤⬤⭘⭘[/CENTER][/TD]

[TD][CENTER]Beauty
⬤⬤⭘⭘⭘[/CENTER][/TD]

[TD][CENTER]Clever
⬤⬤⭘⭘⭘[/CENTER][/TD]

[TD][CENTER]Cute
⬤⬤⬤⭘⭘[/CENTER][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD][CENTER]Brawl
⭘⭘⭘⭘⭘[/CENTER][/TD]

[TD][CENTER]Throw
⬤⭘⭘⭘⭘[/CENTER][/TD]

[TD][CENTER]Evasion
⭘⭘⭘⭘⭘[/CENTER][/TD]

[TD][CENTER]Weapons
⭘⭘⭘⭘⭘[/CENTER][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][CENTER]Alert
⭘⭘⭘⭘⭘[/CENTER][/TD]

[TD][CENTER]Athletic
⭘⭘⭘⭘⭘[/CENTER][/TD]

[TD][CENTER]Nature
⭘⭘⭘⭘⭘[/CENTER][/TD]

[TD][CENTER]Stealth
⭘⭘⭘⭘⭘[/CENTER][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][CENTER]Allure
⬤⬤⭘⭘⭘[/CENTER][/TD]

[TD][CENTER]Etiquette
⬤⭘⭘⭘⭘[/CENTER][/TD]

[TD][CENTER]Intimidate
⭘⭘⭘⭘⭘[/CENTER][/TD]

[TD][CENTER]Perform
⬤⬤⭘⭘⭘[/CENTER][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][CENTER]Crafts
⬤⬤⭘⭘⭘[/CENTER][/TD]

[TD][CENTER]Lore
⭘⭘⭘⭘⭘[/CENTER][/TD]

[TD][CENTER]Medicine
⬤⭘⭘⭘⭘[/CENTER][/TD]

[TD][CENTER]Science
⭘⭘⭘⭘⭘[/CENTER][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][CENTER]???
⭘⭘⭘⭘⭘[/CENTER][/TD]

[TD][CENTER]???
⭘⭘⭘⭘⭘[/CENTER][/TD]

[TD][CENTER]???
⭘⭘⭘⭘⭘[/CENTER][/TD]

[TD][CENTER]???
⭘⭘⭘⭘⭘[/CENTER][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][CENTER][COLOR=rgb(106, 106, 106)]-----------------------[/COLOR][/CENTER][/TD]

[TD][CENTER][COLOR=rgb(106, 106, 106)]-----------------------[/COLOR][/CENTER][/TD]

[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Status
Not open for further replies.