Not open for further replies.

Tea

Station Visitor
D
Character Image:

Character Name: Yumie Abiko
Pronoun Choice: He/Him | They/Them
Home Region: Sinnoh

Personality Overview: Honest about who he is, Yumie doesn't expect much of others and certainly doesn't try and impress anyone. His goals in life have always been to have pokemon companions and it's evident in his love and dedication towards them, but also in how he harshly views other trainers and places them up against a personal evaluation system to see if they're good enough for their own pokemon -- spoiler alert, typically they aren't. Yumie knows exactly what they're about and doesn't shy away from admitting it, which has kept plenty of people far from them in the process. That's okay, because the people Yumie ends up caring for are the people they'd do anything for, and that can honestly be fairly dangerous for how willing they are to thrust themself into trouble just to save someone he loves. While Yumie adores all and any pokemon, they only have strong ones on their team; this isn't due to disliking weaker pokemon, they just understand the stronger a pokemon is the more likely they won't get hurt. Weaker pokemon under Yumie's care have the benefit of just roaming around on the bench, cheering the stronger ones.

Five Likes: Training their pokemon, pokemon in general (especially if strong), hiking, gardening, and doing their nails
Five Dislikes: Overly touchy or emotional people, loud sounds or environments, strong smells, losing, and people who mishandle pokemon (even by accident)
Hobbies: Training their pokemon so they don't get hurt, working out, cooking, and photography

Three Strengths:
  • Determined: Not much shakes Yumie off a goal. Once they have their mind made up they're going to do whatever they can to get the job done. This has helped him get further in life than his abrasive attitude can and has proven to be his most valuable trait in staying alive in the world.
  • Resilient: They bounce back easily, which mixes nicely with their determination. It doesn't mean sometimes they aren't discouraged or hurt, but Yumie is good at brushing the dust off their knees, patching themselves up, and coming back for more. They recover quickly from emotional strains.
  • Loyal: Pokemon have it easiest! Yumie will do anything and everything for his pokemon, and easily gains their trust by showing commitment and loyalty to them endlessly. His pokemon are his best friends, battle partners, and companions; they mean the world to him. He doesn't connect easily with other humans, which could be due to their abrasive and judgemental traits or just because Yumie themselves just doesn't like people as much, but once they click with a specific person they too will receive the same dedication and loyalty.
Three Weaknesses:
  • Judgemental: Everyone is under scrutiny, and unfortunately Yumie has ruined opportunities based on the judgments they quickly create when meeting others. Often he views other trainers as not taking good enough care of their pokemon or believes they're just not cut out for the job. It doesn't help they also are just as happy to voice these judgments, which creates enemies easily. This won't stop him, either, as he believes if someone really wants to get to know him they ought to be either able to prove him wrong or strive to be better.
  • Abrasive: They can be overly harsh and abrasive when speaking. It's not that they're unaware they're doing it, they just don't care. If you don't want to hear what Yumie has to say then maybe you shouldn't have interacted with them -- or so Yumie says.
  • Self Sacrificing: They have and will put themselves in danger for their pokemon. Really, any pokemon, but especially if they had to make a decision between theirs or someone else's. Additionally, while it's extraordinarily rare for Yumie to have a human friend, once they do that person is also under the same treatment. Yumie will throw themselves directly into near-fatal attacks, insert themselves between someone they love and literal likely death, or even redirect dangerous attention onto themselves. When someone they love is in danger they completely lose any sense of self-preservation.
History:
Yumie was born to a doctor and an archaeologist. At first, when small, Yumie had a fairly active and happy childhood. They often went to their grandfather's house and their mother, the archaeologist, would schedule weekly hikes and explorations to help bolster interest in the great outdoors. Yumie was particularly close to their grandfather, spending much of their time after school and activities to visit and learn about their grandfather's old trainer days.

As Yumie reached preteen years it became clear their mother and father had completely become encompassed by their careers. Neither had time for Yumie anymore, but his grandfather happily stepped in. Eventually, at his grandfather's request, it was agreed Yumie would stay with his grandfather for a few years. His grandfather took this as an opportunity to help Yumie with their pokemon studies and often the two spent long evenings playing with pokemon and developing Yumie's knowledge of them.

During one of those sessions, the two encountered a wild family of gible and garchomp while hiking. The pokemon, threatened by the arrival of the pair right after the hatching of the youngest gible, attacked both Yumie and his grandfather. While Yumie survived, it was only due to his grandfather throwing himself in front of Yumie and shoving him down the hill. His grandfather did not make it.

After the incident his parents hyperfocused on Yumie taking a "respectable" job path, away from pokemon. It might have worked, too, if Yumie hadn't been willed the egg of a gardevoir his grandfather owned, which hatched into a ralts he named Lace. Fueled by the egg his grandfather had given him and hope to be like his grandfather, Yumie officially turned their attention fully to becoming a trainer.

They finished their education with good grades and a dream, but their parents did not agree with Yumie's goals. As Yumie trained Lace (and later evolved them into a kirlia) it became evident that their parents would not shut up. When Nauwill began requesting applicants Yumie saw it as the perfect opportunity to further their dream in peace. They applied, using their school as a helpful recommendation, and then abruptly left in the middle of the night once accepted.

Written with the help of Nym (Tea dictated information | Nym wrote information)

Tea

Station Visitor
D
------------------------
------------------------
HP
7​
Confidence
7​
Strength
⬤⬤⬤⭘⭘​
Dexterity
⬤⬤⭘⭘⭘​
Vitality
⬤⬤⬤⭘⭘​
Insight
⬤⬤⭘⭘⭘​
Tough
⬤⬤⬤⭘⭘​
Cool
⬤⭘⭘⭘⭘​
Beauty
⬤⬤⭘⭘⭘​
Clever
⬤⬤⬤⬤⭘​
Cute
⬤⭘⭘⭘⭘​
Brawl
⬤⬤⭘⭘⭘​
Throw
⬤⭘⭘⭘⭘​
Evasion
⭘⭘⭘⭘⭘​
Weapons
⭘⭘⭘⭘⭘​
Alert
⭘⭘⭘⭘⭘​
Athletic
⬤⭘⭘⭘⭘​
Nature
⬤⭘⭘⭘⭘​
Stealth
⭘⭘⭘⭘⭘​
Allure
⬤⭘⭘⭘⭘​
Etiquette
⭘⭘⭘⭘⭘​
Intimidate
⬤⭘⭘⭘⭘​
Perform
⭘⭘⭘⭘⭘​
Crafts
⬤⭘⭘⭘⭘​
Lore
⬤⭘⭘⭘⭘​
Medicine
⭘⭘⭘⭘⭘​
Science
⭘⭘⭘⭘⭘​
???
⭘⭘⭘⭘⭘​
???
⭘⭘⭘⭘⭘​
???
⭘⭘⭘⭘⭘​
???
⭘⭘⭘⭘⭘​
-----------------------
-----------------------
-----------------------
-----------------------

astralprogenitor

late to the party
D
Staff member
Admin
Designer
🐸

Everything looks good here, approved!
🐸

Code:
[B]Character Image[/B]: [IMG width="423px"]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/834499580216344626/988528760460542014/Yumie2.2.2.png[/IMG]
[B]Character Name[/B]: Yumie Abiko
[B]Pronoun Choice[/B]: He/Him | They/Them
[B]Age[/B]: 26
[B]Home Region[/B]: Sinnoh

[B]Personality Overview[/B]: Honest about who he is, Yumie doesn't expect much of others and certainly doesn't try and impress anyone. His goals in life have always been to have pokemon companions and it's evident in his love and dedication towards them, but [I]also [/I]in how he harshly views other trainers and places them up against a personal evaluation system to see if they're [I]good enough[/I] for their own pokemon -- spoiler alert, typically they aren't. Yumie knows exactly what they're about and doesn't shy away from admitting it, which has kept plenty of people far from them in the process. That's okay, because the people Yumie ends up caring for are the people they'd do [I]anything[/I] for, and that can honestly be fairly dangerous for how willing they are to thrust themself into trouble just to save someone he loves.  While Yumie adores all and any pokemon, they only have strong ones on their team; this isn't due to disliking weaker pokemon, they just understand the stronger a pokemon is the more likely they [I]won't get hurt. [/I]Weaker pokemon under Yumie's care have the benefit of just roaming around on the bench, cheering the stronger ones.

[B]Five Likes[/B]: Training their pokemon, pokemon in general (especially if strong), hiking, gardening, and doing their nails
[B]Five Dislikes[/B]: Overly touchy or emotional people, loud sounds or environments, strong smells, losing, and people who mishandle pokemon (even by accident)
[B]Hobbies[/B]: Training their pokemon so they don't get hurt, working out, cooking, and photography

[B]Three Strengths[/B]:
[LIST]
[*][B]Determined: [/B]Not much shakes Yumie off a goal. Once they have their mind made up they're going to do whatever they can to get the job done. This has helped him get further in life than his abrasive attitude can and has proven to be his most valuable trait in staying alive in the world.
[*][B]Resilient: [/B]They bounce back easily, which mixes nicely with their determination. It doesn't mean sometimes they aren't discouraged or hurt, but Yumie is good at brushing the dust off their knees, patching themselves up, and coming back for more. They recover quickly from emotional strains.
[*][B]Loyal: [/B]Pokemon have it easiest! Yumie will do anything and everything for his pokemon, and easily gains their trust by showing commitment and loyalty to them endlessly. His pokemon are his best friends, battle partners, and companions; they mean the world to him. He doesn't connect easily with other humans, which could be due to their abrasive and judgemental traits or just because Yumie themselves just [I]doesn't like people as much[/I], but once they click with a specific person they too will receive the same dedication and loyalty.
[/LIST]
[B]Three Weaknesses[/B]:
[LIST]
[*][B]Judgemental: [/B]Everyone is under scrutiny, and unfortunately Yumie has ruined opportunities based on the judgments they quickly create when meeting others. Often he views other trainers as not taking [I]good enough[/I] care of their pokemon or believes they're just not cut out for the job. It doesn't help they also are just as happy to voice these judgments, which creates enemies easily. This won't stop him, either, as he believes if someone really wants to get to know him they ought to be either able to prove him [I]wrong [/I]or strive to be better.
[*][B]Abrasive:[/B] They can be overly harsh and abrasive when speaking. It's not that they're unaware they're doing it, they just don't [I]care. [/I]If you don't want to hear what Yumie has to say then maybe you shouldn't have interacted with them -- or so Yumie says.
[*][B]Self Sacrificing: [/B]They have and [I]will [/I]put themselves in danger for their pokemon. Really, [I]any[/I] pokemon, but especially if they had to make a decision between theirs or someone else's. Additionally, while it's extraordinarily rare for Yumie to have a human friend, once they do that person is also under the same treatment. Yumie will throw themselves directly into near-fatal attacks, insert themselves between someone they love and literal likely death, or even redirect dangerous attention onto themselves. When someone they love is in danger they completely lose any sense of self-preservation.
[/LIST]
[B]History[/B]:
Yumie was born to a doctor and an archaeologist. At first, when small, Yumie had a fairly active and happy childhood. They often went to their grandfather's house and their mother, the archaeologist, would schedule weekly hikes and explorations to help bolster interest in the great outdoors. Yumie was particularly close to their grandfather, spending much of their time after school and activities to visit and learn about their grandfather's old trainer days.

As Yumie reached preteen years it became clear their mother and father had completely become encompassed by their careers. Neither had time for Yumie anymore, but his grandfather happily stepped in. Eventually, at his grandfather's request, it was agreed Yumie would stay with his grandfather for a few years. His grandfather took this as an opportunity to help Yumie with their pokemon studies and often the two spent long evenings playing with pokemon and developing Yumie's knowledge of them.

During one of those sessions, the two encountered a wild family of gible and garchomp while hiking. The pokemon, threatened by the arrival of the pair right after the hatching of the youngest gible, attacked both Yumie and his grandfather. While Yumie survived, it was only due to his grandfather throwing himself in front of Yumie and shoving him down the hill. His grandfather did not make it.

After the incident his parents hyperfocused on Yumie taking a "respectable" job path, away from pokemon. It might have worked, too, if Yumie hadn't been willed the egg of a gardevoir his grandfather owned, which hatched into a ralts he named Lace. Fueled by the egg his grandfather had given him and hope to be like his grandfather, Yumie officially turned their attention fully to becoming a trainer.

They finished their education with good grades and a dream, but their parents did not agree with Yumie's goals. As Yumie trained Lace (and later evolved them into a kirlia) it became evident that their parents would not [I]shut up. [/I]When Nauwill began requesting applicants Yumie saw it as the perfect opportunity to further their dream [I]in peace. [/I]They applied, using their school as a helpful recommendation, and then abruptly left in the middle of the night once accepted.

[I]Written with the help of Nym (Tea dictated information | Nym wrote information)[/I]
Code:
[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD][CENTER][COLOR=rgb(106, 106, 106)]------------------------[/COLOR][/CENTER][/TD]

[TD][CENTER][COLOR=rgb(106, 106, 106)]------------------------[/COLOR][/CENTER][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][CENTER]HP
7[/CENTER][/TD]

[TD][CENTER]Confidence
7[/CENTER][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD][CENTER]Strength
⬤⬤⬤⭘⭘[/CENTER][/TD]

[TD][CENTER]Dexterity
⬤⬤⭘⭘⭘[/CENTER][/TD]

[TD][CENTER]Vitality
⬤⬤⬤⭘⭘[/CENTER][/TD]

[TD][CENTER]Insight
⬤⬤⭘⭘⭘[/CENTER][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD][CENTER]Tough
⬤⬤⬤⭘⭘[/CENTER][/TD]

[TD][CENTER]Cool
⬤⭘⭘⭘⭘[/CENTER][/TD]

[TD][CENTER]Beauty
⬤⬤⭘⭘⭘[/CENTER][/TD]

[TD][CENTER]Clever
⬤⬤⬤⬤⭘[/CENTER][/TD]

[TD][CENTER]Cute
⬤⭘⭘⭘⭘[/CENTER][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD][CENTER]Brawl
⬤⬤⭘⭘⭘[/CENTER][/TD]

[TD][CENTER]Throw
⬤⭘⭘⭘⭘[/CENTER][/TD]

[TD][CENTER]Evasion
⭘⭘⭘⭘⭘[/CENTER][/TD]

[TD][CENTER]Weapons
⭘⭘⭘⭘⭘[/CENTER][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][CENTER]Alert
⭘⭘⭘⭘⭘[/CENTER][/TD]

[TD][CENTER]Athletic
⬤⭘⭘⭘⭘[/CENTER][/TD]

[TD][CENTER]Nature
⬤⭘⭘⭘⭘[/CENTER][/TD]

[TD][CENTER]Stealth
⭘⭘⭘⭘⭘[/CENTER][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][CENTER]Allure
⬤⭘⭘⭘⭘[/CENTER][/TD]

[TD][CENTER]Etiquette
⭘⭘⭘⭘⭘[/CENTER][/TD]

[TD][CENTER]Intimidate
⬤⭘⭘⭘⭘[/CENTER][/TD]

[TD][CENTER]Perform
⭘⭘⭘⭘⭘[/CENTER][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][CENTER]Crafts
⬤⭘⭘⭘⭘[/CENTER][/TD]

[TD][CENTER]Lore
⬤⭘⭘⭘⭘[/CENTER][/TD]

[TD][CENTER]Medicine
⭘⭘⭘⭘⭘[/CENTER][/TD]

[TD][CENTER]Science
⭘⭘⭘⭘⭘[/CENTER][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][CENTER]???
⭘⭘⭘⭘⭘[/CENTER][/TD]

[TD][CENTER]???
⭘⭘⭘⭘⭘[/CENTER][/TD]

[TD][CENTER]???
⭘⭘⭘⭘⭘[/CENTER][/TD]

[TD][CENTER]???
⭘⭘⭘⭘⭘[/CENTER][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][CENTER][COLOR=rgb(106, 106, 106)]-----------------------[/COLOR][/CENTER][/TD]

[TD][CENTER][COLOR=rgb(106, 106, 106)]-----------------------[/COLOR][/CENTER][/TD]

[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Status
Not open for further replies.