Everchange

Fellowship of the Odd [Open for Interest]

astralprogenitor

late to the party
D
Staff member
Admin
Designer
Do you have a monstrous pony who needs a home? This might be for them! A far cry from hiding in shame or misery over one's appearance, the Fellowship of the Odd offers a place for all individuals to celebrate their uniqueness and feel pride over what makes them special.

[About the Town] | [History and Joining] | [Members]​

Last edited:

astralprogenitor

late to the party
D
Staff member
Admin
Designer
Where?

Nestled at the far eastern edge of Spring Rain, Ambaiya is a rather isolated locale, with only a single main road leading into its borders. Even so, that isn't to say it's small! Rather, it's a quite pleasant seaside destination, composed of some rather unique architecture. At its center is a spiraling, ramshackle concoction - a massive tower of homes and shops tacked together with strange angles and impossible connections. Buildings float tethered to its side, strung together by messy, handmade bridges. Countless charms and protective crystals dot its odd byways, holding its seemingly perilous architecture together with streams of glittering and beauteous magic.

At the city's peak, a natural spire of pearlescent crystal rises above the mass of chaotic buildings, and as shadow drapes the land at night it casts a vibrant light over the sea beyond, acting as a natural lighthouse for the fishing docks at the water below. At the city's base, the chaos continues, spreading out into twisted streets and oddly stacked homes and stores alike. Though not as hectic as the towering mess above, its roads and buildings clearly have little regard for proper planning as much as they are obviously a result of necessity pushing creation.

Further inland, farms and ranches dot the city's distant borders, though the same scattered style of builds and haphazard magical constructs still seem to be the norm - if not the rule of the area. Native plants and odd, experimental flora alike grow from the fertile soils, providing sustenance for the masses of individuals as well as unusual exports for enterprising botanists.

Just as varied as its build are the city's residents. A great majority of Ambaiya's population are mutants, and while many of them may have smaller features simply unusual for their breed, many more are easily describable as horrific in appearance. The city is lined with a populace of "monsters" among scattered "normal" individuals, and by all accounts, they seem quite happy with themselves.

Last edited:

astralprogenitor

late to the party
D
Staff member
Admin
Designer
Why?

Ambaiya was born out of a single dream: to give home to those outcast and unwanted by others. While darker times may now be passed, there's no denying that the unusual can still breed prejudice in others. Once, however, being different could have meant more than simply being looked badly at - it could have resulted in injury or death for those with unusual bodies or ability. Thus was the city - once no more than a refugee camp - born.

The locale was founded by a small, ragtag herd of mutants - monsters as they were called, every one - seeking only to be accepted for what they were. Whether or not any threat had come over their heads or they were simply ostracized doesn't matter, but what does is that they came together with a single promise: no one should have to endure what they did. And thus they traveled to the furthest reaches of their homeland of Everchange, stopping only to settle when they reached the verdant coastline that would become their home.

It was there that the Fellowship of the Odd - as they playfully came to call themselves - took root, and it was there that they and their children would prosper. What they lacked in certain skills they made up for with teamwork, perseverance, and just a touch of magic. Over the years, more flocked to their doorstep - even as the world grew to accept itself and its inhabitants, the allure of a place with true acceptance, no matter how strange, unusual, or weird one might be, was too much for some, and Ambaiya's populace swelled rapidly.

Today, the Fellowship of the Odd doesn't encompass the whole city as it once did. Instead, it is a group dedicated to the ideals of the original founders. Members seek to be productive members of Amabaiya's society while spreading tolerance and understanding to others; they work as welcoming committee for new residents and liasons for those looking to make contacts in the city. They are the eyes and ears of its streets and the passion in its heart.

Anyone can be a resident of Ambaiya, so long as they respect its traditions, but to become a member of the Fellowship, one must:

• Believe in the beauty inherent in every individual, no matter how strange or grotesque they may be.
  • Take on a role beneficial to Ambaiya's prosperity; anything from cleaning the streets to working as its mayor is acceptable, as long as one contributes.
  • Be willing to participate in occasional civic events as needed, such as offering a hand to fairs and holiday events.
  • Take a pledge to always uphold the Fellowship's beliefs and respect them no matter who might attempt to oppose them.
  • Have a home in Ambaiya that they return to at least part of the year - no one is required to be around all the time!

Please note: all requirements for the Fellowship are IC. You never HAVE to participate in any herd events, no worries!

Last edited:

astralprogenitor

late to the party
D
Staff member
Admin
Designer
Members

Current Acting Mayor & Leader of the Fellowship - polliwoggi
Protective Enchantment Tender - polliwoggi
Nighttime Guard Patrol - polliwoggi
Tour Guide - polliwoggi
Floral Shop Owner - Moonie
Floral Shop Assistant? - Nym

Want to Join?

Code:
[CENTER][SIZE=24px][I]I Believe in Every Pony![/I][/SIZE][/CENTER]
[b]Pony:[/b] Link cert please!
[b]Role:[/b] what your pony does - either their occupation or side duty you want them to do; anything that would benefit the city is fine, from merchants to bakers to janitors to schoolteachers - anything that would help keep the place running somehow! side duties like cleaning streets on the weekends, helping the elderly, or donating time to animal shelters etc would also work

Last edited:

Moonie

Veteran
D
I Believe in Every Pony!
Pony: Creepy Doll
Role: Creepy would love to open her own store! She loved interacting with others but has had no luck due to her appearance. (We went with a Floral Shop!)

I have a few ideas for a shop but I want to talk to Nym first <3

Last edited:

Nym

actual trash
D
Staff member
Mod
I Believe in Every Pony!
Pony: Serai
Role: She works with her wife, Creepy Doll!

astralprogenitor

late to the party
D
Staff member
Admin
Designer
🐸

I thought I added y'all to the list, but I didn't, because I am dumb. But I am nowww~
🐸

KisaValkyrie

Grizzled Veteran
D
I Believe in Every Pony!
Pony: Mylina
Role: She is a fortune teller and makes little charms for decoration. She has no real magic she's just good with her cards.