Threads:

Latest posts

Group events

Warriors: Cats of the Sun

[FIN] Here Kitty Kitty... [ Marten x Kitty ]

Blinded By Silence

Grizzled Veteran
D
With each paw step, Marten felt his claws sink into the dirt. His jaw ached from clenching it so tightly. And as he quickly left behind the Outer Wilds and crossed the Field, his tail lashed about as if trying to attack some unseen enemy.

How dare they. How dare they. Newcomers, in their woods? And everyone was being so damn friendly to them! His fur rippled under the imagined eyes of so many unknown cats with unknown intentions. Worse still, the dismissal of his family still burned in his ears. He imagined the annoyance in his mother's voice as she explained that fighting them wasn't smart. Like he was some stupid kit who didn't know he couldn't take twenty cats by himself. He swatted at the air, imagining Viper's dumb sneer. The spotted cat spat and shook out his fur before leaping onto the fence and looking around.

He had some tension he needed to let go of. He looked around, wondering if he'd find any of his pets laying out in the sun.

@kovak

kovak

Grizzled Veteran
D
Kitty stared at the window, seeing that it was still left open. Her twolegs honestly did not care if she was an indoor or outdoor cat. Mainly because they knew she would always come home before it turned dark for dinnertime. Huh. Marten? Her eyes spotted a familiar spotted cat on the fence and she purred. What was he doing here today? Her little heart started beating fast. Did she look okay today? She literally got back from the groomer's yesterday, and got her claws got trimmed too, so she should! Plus, it was a new collar on.

"Hi Marten!" she called out, grabbing a toy mouse before crawling out of the window. She leapt off the ledge and approached the tom. "Look! They got me a new mouse the other day, and I tried hunting like you taught me last time!" The kittypet playfully shook the toy mouse around, giving it a few bats in the air. Surely, he would be impressed?

She then stopped her showing off, not wanting to get the tom too jealous with her freshkill. "Did you want to sunbathe together today?" she asked tail swishing with the anticipation of a yes. She was a bit confused why he was still up there when she was down here.

@Blinded By Silence

Blinded By Silence

Grizzled Veteran
D
It took a moment for Kitty's bell-like voice to pierce the rage-induced fog in his head. He shook it before turning his green eyes to hers and for a moment, he caught himself smiling. Quickly, he turned it to his signature cocky grin, his tail flicking as he looked down on the pretty she-cat.

"Yeah, yeah," He said with a roll of his eyes as he jumped down into her small territory. Like a kittypet could hunt, hah! "A good effort, Kitty, but you know you don't gotta worry about that. You want mouse?" He hooked the stuffed toy with one of his long, dagger-sharp claws, "I'll get you mouse. My queens don't want for nothin'." His proud purr turned into a low growl at her question, "What I want, pretty kitty, is justice! There's some dangerous new cats in the woods, you'd best stay behind your fence, you hear?" His fur rose as he thought of one of those strangers coming near his pet.

@kovak

kovak

Grizzled Veteran
D
Kitty gave out a soft purr when Marten, in fact, decided to come into her territory. It was not as large as Marten's, but it was still something. She rolled over and gave off a short huff when he mentioned that she did not have to hunt. He could just hunt for her. 'Yeah, but... what if--" she looked back at her nest that she shared with her twolegs. "What if I want to visit you and your nest?" True, Kitty was a showcat who won plenty of awards, but part of her also wanted to understand Marten's world more. She knew that the tom could not survive being a kittypet, so what if she were to visit him time to time? "Then maybe I can catch a real mouse! I umm.. also never really ate mouse, but" she furrowed her brows, trying to figure the words she was trying to say, "I'm willing to give it a try! My umm... vet says that I should start eating more meat instead of just rice and chicken anyways."

Her eyes quickly widened at Marten's sudden shift from the gentle, sweet tom she knew to the vicious stray that her twolegs often complained about. Justice? Danger? New cats? Her fur fell flat at the idea of Marten being in danger, and she could not imagine him being hurt. He did not know the vet, and he did not trust her twolegs to bring him there. She also never seen him so concerned, so passionate about anything, it really drew her in. "Have you met these cats yet?" she asked, a bit nervous. If Marten was concerned about these cats, they probably do mean bad news. "Maybe they're just trying to travel through the woods." She could not imagine any cat being able to defeat her Marten. He was the strongest cat that she knew. She gently made her way over to give his forehead a lick. "I might not know much, but if you need help or anything, I want to help." She had a strong feeling the tom was going to deny her, but she said what was on her mind. "I want to follow you Marten. I know I cannot really fight, and I cannot really hunt, but I want to be there by your side." She looked away, ready for him to completely abandon her. She heard stories at the vet about toms leaving she-cats all the time.

@Blinded By Silence

Last edited:

Blinded By Silence

Grizzled Veteran
D
His ears flicked forward and he scoffed a bit, "My nest? Kitty, if you think I would let you nest in trash and rat scraps, pah. It's no place for you, sweet thing." He let his tail stroke under her chin. "What kind of tom would I be if I let you into a place like that? You'd get filthy." Not to mention that his mother would probably claw her ears off. He shuddered a little at the thought.

He watched her pleading eyes and felt his resolve, and his heart, melt a bit. Quickly, he looked away and shook out his fur, "Well, alright. I'll take you out hunting tonight. I know a spot that should be safe enough for a kittypet like you," And far enough away from those intruders, he thought. His fur bristled at her offer of help but he forced his fur to lay flat with a few licks, "I don't need your help, kitten. I need you to listen and stay put until I get a handle on these strangers." He said with a growl, but the look he gave her held more than just possession if she looked. He spat into the grass and ruffled his fur with a paw, a bit embarrassed.

"Whatever, come on. Let's get you a mouse, yeah?" He pulled up a cocky grin and stood, pressing his side against hers. She was so soft. "I can tell you all about how I chased off some of those interlopers on the way."

@kovak

kovak

Grizzled Veteran
D
Kitty shook her head when Marten denied her request of visiting his place. She'd be able to bathe the both of them clean, regardless of how dirty his place might be. Plus, she could always come back here to her twolegs to get a two-legged bath as well. However, Marten then agreed to take her hunting tonight, and Kitty gave the loudest purr of contentment. This would be their first time out! In the open together! Marten was actually going to take her out of her territory and nodded at his request to lay low until he took care of the strangers.

As long as Marten still wanted her, that's all that mattered to her. She was thinking how interesting it was how so wanted to be with him, when she still almost knew nothing about him, other than she was his. She didn't even know if Marten was seeing another she-cat or anything, but she didn't care. Tonight, it was their alone time, and she would treasure this forever.

At the mention of the mouse, Kitty smiled. Her first actual mouse! She purred, rubbing herself against him. "Let's go, I'd love to hear stories of you getting rid of those dangerous cats!" She knew as long as Marten was by her side, she would be safe. He knew so much of the world that she didn't.

@Blinded By Silence