Group events

Hopscotch ☘ A Rabbit Shop

[IT/WiP] Ravagers' Warren

Absolutiones

Stew Aficionado
D
OVERHAUL TIME.

=> So what the heck is it?
Basically a warren of thieves! A sort of rabbit mafia!

Mostly outright theft and protection rackets. Not everyone is opposed to murder or kidnapping, though. There's no rules against it (in the warren).

=> Where?
In the south-central area of the Dales. A place easy to get lost in or easy to hide in during the summer. A place of looming death when the grass is no longer your ally.

=> Why?
Rabbits have greedy individuals as well. Akefia just decided to bring them together to benefit each other. They can provide protection for each other as well as offer extra strength to obtain bigger and better prizes.

=> Social Structure
The Ravagers' Warren doesn't really have roles, more just a loose hierarchy.

It starts at the top with the leader. He is the rabbit in control of most everything in the warren. Nothing major happens without his go ahead.

Just below the leader is the second-in-command. This is the rabbit most trusted by the leader. If the leader is not around for whatever reason, he takes charge.

General members of the warren are known as soldiers. There are a select few individuals that the leader may keep close to him as advisors or consorts, but that's more of an unspoken thing. They aren't given a formal title. There is an unspoken pecking order among the soldiers based on respect and strength.

Prospective members are called associates. They're in a bit of a grey area where they're sort of part of the warren, but not really. They're on trial and not allowed access to most things until they've passed.

=> Visitors
Members are generally open to visitors on account that they may be able to get something out of them, but they are required to keep a certain distance from the main part of the warren. It is generally preferred to meet elsewhere, usually the burnt out tree as it's one of the few landmarks on the grassy expanse. Wouldn't want anyone to get any funny ideas, ya know?

=> Joining
A rabbit can join by expressing interest to another rabbit who is already a member of the warren. The Ravager can then choose to sponsor the interested rabbit and then the potential member will enter the trial phase, during which they will be known as an "associate." If the associate shows promise, they will go through an initiation ceremony to become a full fledged member of the warren. Should the associate at any time during the trial phase fail or back out, both he and his sponsor will be publicly punished.
Kits can be born into the warren if the mother is a member and leaving is not an option as they would know sensitive information. They would not require a trial period, but would still be expected to go through the initiation ritual.

=> Other parts of culture
-Members of the Ravagers' Warren can be identified by a dyed mark somewhere on their pelt. (Design pending, may be implemented at a later date depending on member skills.) The placement and colour is decided by the member during initiation. It should be placed somewhere visible and should be something the rabbit is proud of.

-(maybe add something about the death of warren members?)

So basically, I have a kind of vague idea for a warren centered around rabbits who just don't gaf and make their living as thieves? So since I (am only an elected official I) can't make decisions by myself, I'm opening this up for others to input ideas and stuff! ouo

What I have currently is that Akefia is the leader. That's not open for debate. He goes by whatever respectful title you'd like to give him: king, boss, lord, whatever.

Aside from him, there are no real ranks, there's just kind of an unspoken order where you don't mess with anyone who looks like they could beat you up because they probably will.

There is no formal joining ceremony or anything of the sort, but it's relatively simple nonetheless. The easiest way is to kiss up to the boss. Bring him some sparkly treasure or something and you can win enough favour to become a member. Alternatively, you may prove yourself worthy by completing a task or partaking in a trial by combat. Knowing a rabbit who is already a member is also a big boost, especially if they're someone already well respected.

The quartet I have is settled in the Dales as of right now, but that could be subject to change.

I'll put more things here as I think of them? My thought are very all over the place right now. xD
Feel free to ask questions or what have you, though! It might actually help me...

Last edited:

Zakiax

Stew Aficionado
D
I'm loving this idea so far. I don't think i have any rabbits who would like to join atm but i'm sure i'll get one or two later on. I would love to help you flesh it out even if i'm just hear for you to bounce ideas off of.

Edit: Idea for a name for the warren - The Paws of Fate

Last edited by a moderator:

Absolutiones

Stew Aficionado
D
Hi I wasn't trying to ignore you I'm just really good at seeing notifications when I'm busy and then forgetting about them later. :'D

I'm glad to see I've got some interest at least! I'll keep that in mind thanks. c:

Last edited by a moderator:

Zakiax

Stew Aficionado
D
No worries i tend to do the same thing, mainly cause i'm checking notifications at work while on break, and don't get a chance to post till i arrive home

Absolutiones

Stew Aficionado
D
In case anyone is following, this is still a thing. Gonna look into some more stuff and overhaul the idea, try to make it more cohesive instead of just a group of anarchists calling themselves a warren. XD

Maybe incorporate a dye pattern(s) to represent like a yakuza type thing? I dunno yet !

Ellanoire

Grizzled Veteran
D
I'm here to express interest in this! I don't yet have a bun that would work ... but I'll make one. :LOL:

Absolutiones

Stew Aficionado
D
Okay so how do we feel about using dye or maybe even scarring to create an identifying mark? Probably not anything crazy like actual yakuza, probably more just like a little patch more reminiscent of like Fairy Tail guild marks?

Of course... that would require me to come up with a design. Which is not my forte. xD

Ellanoire

Grizzled Veteran
D
I love the idea of having something in the 10% range, because immature dye berries are so easy to obtain!

bughnrahk

Grizzled Veteran
D
I know we talked a little in discord, but I think Savage would definitely fit in well here! He'd made a good underling/henchman/bodyguard for Akefia

HeavenlySnow

Station Visitor
D
I'm interested! I like the idea of scarring and/or dyes.
I have a couple buns I could throw here too. Both I see as thieves and they work together kinda like Bonnie and Clyde.

Absolutiones

Stew Aficionado
D
Ok so I know I said thieves, but I've been tossing around the idea of maybe fear mongering into protection racketeering? Is that too much? XD

Zakiax

Stew Aficionado
D
I mean they could do both? Like have the lower members steal and then have the higher members swoop in to offer protection? LIke a con?

Absolutiones

Stew Aficionado
D
Okay I've went ahead and updated the first post with my more... cohesive? less... thoughtless? idea. I think I covered most of the bases...

Comments? Questions? Concerns?