Discussions:

Latest posts

Group events

Kitsusagi Realms

[LOG] Coral Cove - Meta

Hoshi Lockhart

Station Visitor
D
Zak - Despite the warning that the gatekeepers at the grove were giving a rather large group of kitsu entered through the newly opened gate. Upon appearing on the other side the first thing that one would notice would be the temperature difference, going from quite comfortable to considerably chilly. You land at an area that is inlaid with shells and sea glass making a mosaic of a giant clam shell. Large amounts of Fish Bloom grow on both sides of the coral coated gateway. Glowing algae in several large decorated shells edge of the gate area that dimly lights the area in which the group landed on. Looking around you notice that aside from the area that you are in everything seems to be fairly dark in hues of blue.

Before you have time to process what you’ve seen a kitsu tumbles through the darkness into the giant bubble in which you now notice you are in. As the kitsu tumbles in a spray of sea water covers the group before the air pocket fixes itself. Though the current from the direction the kitsu came from continues to bombard the pocket of air which now protects you from the water surrounding you. If this keeps up you imagine the bubble would pop drowning you and everyone around you in deep sea water.

“That hurt!'' A frustrated growl came from the tan body with a color fishtail. “Man I hope they didn’t break,” They muttered beginning to rummage through their small bag, searching for something. Not even thinking twice to turn around to face the group they haven't even noticed was there, this strange kitsu seemed to be lost in thought and in quite a hurry.

Middy - Aurora was on another adventure off to explore yet another portal. She was surprised that it was chilly through the gate. She was looking around at the beautiful shells and sea glass when everything happened and they were in a bubble that seemed to be in a very unstable situation. She frowned thinking wondering if her water magic could help but she feared it would just doom them faster. She blinked when the kitsu with the fish tail arrived and was in a big hurry. "Can I help?" She asked
Athena was ready as she normally was to protect those on this mission to explore this gate. Her wings glowed as that was her natural race trait. She went into the portal with the rest of the group and watched as the others looked at the pretty things and she watched the group and watched for danger. She didn't expect to end up in a bubble and going who knew where. She was uncertain when the strange kitsu appeared, were these kitsu trying to get rid of the outside ground before they even were started or were they trying to help. She decided to hold her position since there wasn't much else she could do right now.

Jay - Danger was eager to explore yet another gate he was with some familiar faces. He felt a little uneasy about being underwater. After all he did require air to breath. "Ahh my good friends! How good to go on another adventure together!" He loudly called our to the group.

Ren - Rose Ren looked around still feeling a bit put off by the sudden chill but glad it wasn’t warm as the cold she could stand but the heat she couldn’t. She looked at the shells and the large bubble and swallowed hard. They were underwater?! The strange kitsu looked like a fish which made her raise her brows. She jumped when another kitsu mentioned adventure. She supposed it was but being underwater she wished Miki was with her as he was a water mage and she certainly wasn’t. While a member of the group spoke to the stranger she looked closer at the gate and the plants around it wondering what made this air bubble under the water. “Ah what makes this bubble and how far down are we?” She asked out loud to see if anyone had any ideas. She was looking up at the top of the bubble with some concern on her face.
Elen ended up on the other side of the gate and looked around. Being a larger then average kitsu she was mindful of the other near her so as not to accidentally push someone over. “Amazing.” Her eyes glittered like the shells around them. She was amazed to be underwater and didn’t have any fear about being underwater. There were some strange plants she was curious about given she was good with plants. And there was that strange fishy kitsu. “Hello there.”

Vincent - Beckett was eager to explore another gate and find what ever treasures he could get his grubby little paws on well legally of course he wasn't a full blown thief. He hopped over to Danger a useful friend the armored kitsu was. He nodded his head in agreement with Danger's statement and seemed happy to explore. Till he started realizing that they were surrounded by water. "Wait.....oh boy....this may have been a bad idea...." No sooner had Becket said that then he was soaked with water. "No no no no no no no!" Beckett shouted using his powers to float mid air. He shook himself off, he hated water, sure he took showers but only cause he had to get clean but choosing to be in water nope. He floated over to the strange new kitsu. "Eh...hey do you know if we are safe in here or not? " Beckett wondered if he should get his butt back through the gate asap.

Jared was excited this would be his first adventure through a gate. He flicked his cat like tail and cocked his large ears curiously as they could finally see what was on the other side. He loved it now that he was bias or anything but he loved shades of teal and blue and this place had a lot of blue. Wait was that fish? Were they under the water? A spray of water splashed him and he pinned his ears back. Bloody hell they were under water how the heck were they going to explore an under water world? He threw his now wet scarf over his shoulder and tried to calmly brush the water from his fur. "Hmm well this is fascinating for sure..." Jared moved to look closer where the current was pushing against the hole that had been fixed. "I have no flair for magic, but I'm assuming that's what's keeping us alive for the moment." Jared said to no one in particular. He noticed the other speaking to the strange looking kitsu and he didn't want to bombard the poor being more. "What do you think about all this?" He moved to Athena to ask her as she didn't seem to have gone to speaking to the strange kitsu right away like the others.

Middy - Athena frowned "I'm not sure yet but since we don't have much of a choice at the moment I suppose we have to wait and see if things will work out."

Vincent - "Sounds like a reasonable assessment of the course of action needed for this current environment. " Jared nodded. "Still I have a really large urge to touch the bubble....." He said willingly his paw in the general direction of the bubble. " But I'm not sure everyone would agree with my interest in investing this phenomenon in this tactile fashion. Or do you disagree and also wish for me to touch the bubble?" He grinned hoping for a satisfactory answer.

Middy - Athena cocked her eyebrow "I'm pretty sure playing with the bubble is going to bring our doom much faster, unless the new kitsu is causing our doom, since this is their home and they are protecting it from us." Athena understood honor and protecting so this may be a case of these kitsu protecting their homeland.

Hoshi -When Liang had shown an interest in becoming an adventurer like she had been, Nalani had been worried, to say the least. She knew of the dangers that were out there. She had shared them with all her children, in an attempt to keep them safe. They knew. But even so, it was a parent's very nature to worry and so she had decided to follow Liang along on this adventure. Even she had never gone beyond a gate. This seemed a bit much for someone still new to this. Still, she wanted to give him his space, let him learn on his own, and so she stayed a bit back, there if he needed her and enough out of the way at the same time.

When it came to entering the gate, she did so without any hesitation, shivering a little at the feeling and the sudden cold on the other side. She quickly recovered and looked about her, studying everything with an observant eye. She calmly looked over the bubble until it popped in a section and spat out a Kitsu who seemed in all ways like a regular one, except for the fish tail. Nothing like she'd ever seen, but hey. She'd met many others on her travels who didn't fit into any breeds she knew already. Maybe it was a mutation? Either way, Nalani choose to keep her distance, to become a silent observer for now.

----------

Lucretia's curiosity had been peaked when this planned exploration had been announced. Normally choosing to stay behind with her paperwork, she suddenly couldn't resist the lure of one of the gates opening, to be one of the first to see what was beyond it and document it for the future. So she had packed a small bag of supplies, including pens and notebooks, and met up with the others, offering her greetings to any and all who were there. She hesitated a little when it was time to enter, hoping there wouldn't be a field of flowers on the other side to make her allergies flare up.

Only to find quite the opposite. She let out a small "Oooo" at the beautiful sight of the water rippling along the bubble and all the coral. And not a flower in sight! She was safe from their horrid pollen tickling her nose. She had stored tons of tissues in her bag, just in case. Maybe they'd come in handy for something else. She did also have band-aids and a little first aid kit in her bag and....

Oh! Someone fell through the bubble, breaking into the fauna's thoughts. Lucretia rushed forward, one paw on her bag to open it if its contents were needed already. "Are you hurt? I have first aid if you need it." Hearing someone else shouting in distress, she turned her head to look at a floating, wet Kitsu and offered a sympathetic smile. "I'd help you, too, but I'm afraid I don't have enough tissues to dry you."

Vincent - "Hmm it could indeed herald doom, but perhaps nothing would happen? Perhaps something interesting will happen? There a many possibilities here and only one of them seems troubling." Jared's imagination was getting carried away maybe he could turn into a fish kitsu, maybe one just needed to spend ample time in the water to shift? Or maybe he would learn he could do water magic? Who knew many many great out comes only one bad. He looked to the other kitsu though and raised a brow. "They do not look like the cause of the bubble.....in fact...I would wager...." He twitched his ears thinking. "That kitsu tripped into this bubble maybe? Perhaps a bubble was not here until the gate opened?" Jared said temporary distracted from the bubble, that is till his eyes drifted to it again and he wiggled the toes on his paw it was clear he wanted to touch the bubble again.
"If this bubble pops there is not enough tissues in the world to dry us." Beckett said flipping the black hood of his coat up as though it could save him from the water. It was clear he was not in his element here and his tails were slightly tucked between his legs fearful of what could happen in this strange world.

Ren - Elen watched the two kitsu talking about the amazing bubble that was around them. "Well I mean there is a really good way to find out?" She interjected and pointed to the fishy stranger who was there. "Why don't we ask them what all this big bubble is and if it's safe to touch. after all they came into it without much problem but maybe it's a one way thing and will pop if we try to go out without taking percuations like... soap bubbles if your paws are soapy you can pay with them more then if your paws are dry." She giggled at the thought. Maybe that was what the stranger had been looking for unless their strange figure helped with that in some way. "So lets bug them."

Vincent - Jared seemed to move his paw to bat at his braid for a moment in thought. "Your suggested methodology is sound ....but so boring....." He seemed to pout and huff. "Wait.....soap you say? Does anyone have soap? I would like to try something!" Jared starts digging through his own pack wondering if he had brought some with him. "While I like the idea of bugging someone honestly the wish to touch this bubble is stronger my new friends." Jared said with a smile no thought that something bad could possibly be the outcome.

Middy - Athena frowned and then said "Then again we are all inside this bubble and it's holding so.. " She said looking down. If the bubble was easily popped wouldn't they be at the mercy of the sea already. "A few have already attempted to say hello to them and have not gotten a answer yet, they maybe too lost in thought to respond." She said.

Ice - Liang was excited Smiling at all those around him cheerfully, this was going to be his first time out. His mom was a seasoned adventurer herself so she'd drilled everything she knew into him and now it was time for him to be on his own. At least that was the plan but... He glanced behind him just before he entered the gate. Hep she was still there, it suddenly got a bit chilly and he looked around, he held his staff tightly as he looked around. They are definitely going to be in trouble if the bubble didn't hold.

There wasn't a lot of chance for him to interject as some of them did start poking the bubble making him a bit nervous. Even though the bubble had repaired itself upon the entry to the fish tailed kitsu.

"Hi, are you alright?" as the others seemed more interested in the bubble Liang went back to the kitsu who seemed to frantically be looking for something in his pack.

----------

Tai yang followed through the portal with his wife, and he shivered. It was cold, he didn't like it at all. he stood beside his wife, he did not like the cold at all. He had been hoping they'd been going somewhere warmer. But here they were under water and in the cold. He watched the fish kitsu curiously while the others played with the outside of the bubble. He trusted his luck to hold.

"What do you think so far Nalani?" he asked his wife holding back while the younger kits seemed to play. Though there was one who seemed older though. She was a golden brown with white and silver markings and she had gone to also help one of the kids what got wet poking the bubble

Ren - Rose Ren focused more on the location then the gate then the kitsu. She didn’t know why they had a huge bubble around them if it was magic or something else but since she lived with Miki who made their living making clothes she wondered if the shells or plants around her could be ground or used in dyes. She didn’t know much about it and wanted to take a sample back to see what miki could make of it. There were so many kitsu around the single stranger she didn’t want to get tangled up in a large group bombarding a stranger as that would be scary to her. She reached out and gently touched the top of the alge in the shells that was giving off light. She really wanted to take a sample of all the strange plants here. She sighed. She wasn’t even an alchemist. Living with Miki had affected her more then she thought. Sighing she looked around the bubble again. She recognized a few from the spring gala but since she hadn’t spoken with many there she didn’t know their names.

Last edited:

Hoshi Lockhart

Station Visitor
D
Zak - The Fish tailed Kitsu continued to rummage through their bag, the voice of not one but several different kitsu forced them from their bag to the group literally standing behind them. The kitsu nearly jumped back startled, wait where was this? Pale blue eyes glanced about the bubble they had been forced into, until they fell upon the now active gate. The gate was open, and now the hurried expression became quite panicked but then softened.

“I am fine” They replied to the ones seemingly concerned about them. “It was just a bit sudden”

The gears began to run in their mind, they had been on their way to look for help, maybe this was supposed to be the help? But they did not seem very capable in the mind of the fish tail. Especially the one going on about the bubble and wanting to touch it.

“I wouldn’t touch that if I were you” they called out to the one trying to touch the bubble. “Not unless you know how to breath underwater. The currents are much stronger now you’ll sure to drown”

No this group of weird fuzzy kitsu couldn’t be their help. The fish tail shook their head before ‘dusting’ off their furless body with a paw.

“I recommend returning through the gate in which you came, I have business to attend to”

And then the kitsu turned to leave without another word.

Jay - Danger shook his head at the idea of turning back. "My friend," he held out a paw as if to stop the fish kitsu "the gate opened for a reason, we are here to help you... let us." Dangers eyes softened and his han was still out stretched toward the kitsu as a charming smile crept on his face.

Ice - Tai Yang listened to the kitsu a head of him. He could tell the was unconvinced by the young kits here. Though he may be old he was quite knowledgeable from his many years traveling around. It wasn't really his place to interfere with the young-ins but perhaps he might enlighten them a bit with his knowledge if the sought it.

Tai stepped forward for a moment to speak to the aquatic who was leaving "Perhaps you might wait, and give the kits a chance to change your mind." he spoke softly to the aquatic with his ball held in one paw.

Ren - Elen Dome Hisieithil was a large kitsu so when she stepped closer it was easy to notice. Not only that she had armor on. She stood at her full height and looked straight at the ktisu who seemed to be disinterested in them all. She was grateful they answered the bubble thing before they all drown, but she doubted there was any adventurous kitsu who would turn tide and flee a new place just because someone who explained nothing to them said so. She hoped she cut at least somewhat of a regal figure because while she knew she could be scary to smaller kitsu she wanted to me more impressive instead. “Greetings and thank you for your words. Perhaps there is something to your business we can assist with? I assure you there are some capable kitsu here.” After all there looked like a few kisu who could stand their own in a fight even if she didn’t have the most experience.

Ren - Rose blinked at the strangeness going about. So they should just leave? That was fine with her. But then others tried to convince the stranger to let them help as they were clearly stressed out. She nearly groaned out loud. The big blue kitsu mentioning capable kitsu made her shrug. The other two trying to convince the kitsu didn’t convince her that was sure. Still she supposed it made some sense to try and help someone in need like miki did with her. “We might not be able to help much but you don’t know until you tell us what is wrong. The crazy knight looking one is right the gate is open and in the past kitsu could use it to get help from other realms. It’d be silly to miss out on free labor if we can help you. I’m Rose Ren by the way if no one else decides to introduce themselves.” She doubted very much that the fish kitsu cared, they had bigger worries clearly. Still a name even if only a single thing often helped to make strangers less scary.

Middy - Aurora attempted to logically calm the situation and talk down the fish kitsu, but she didn't know them and it just didn't seem like it was going to help since so much else was going on at the same time.

Vincent - Jared peeked his head out of his bag when the fishy one told him he couldn't touch the bubble or he might drown. Well that indeed was annoying and certainly no fun to just get the answer with no experimentation of his own. He huffed putting his bag back on his back ended his search for soap.
" Oh no you are the closest thing we have to knowing more information on how we could further survey this area. You can't leave till you help us figure this out, we are not simply just going back through the gate, I came here to explore!" Jared puffed his chest out and tried to block the fishy one from leaving.

----------

The suggestion to turn back was almost tempting with water being involved as it was, but Beckett looked down at the hilt of his dagger remembering how he had gotten it at his last adventure. He had gotten to help a goddess and met a god. He looked at the watery scene again and sighed he felt like they needed to stay.
He floated to the group either trying to convince the kitsu to stay via words or otherwise to join in their attemps.
"Hey look this is not my first time through a gate. And last time we helped a goddess recover pages of a book, and met a god as well. Maybe there is a reason we need to be here. Please stay at least long enough to help us figure out how to progress from this point. If the bubble is here maybe there is away it will move or that we can......" He made a face. "Travel under the water." He did not like the idea of getting more wet then he already had gotten. "Perhaps the shock got us all off on the wrong paw...my name is Beckett what's yours?" Beckett asked trying to take his mind off the idea of being in the water.

Middy - Athena would have moved to help the others but with everyone trying so many things it was chaos and she didn't see a good way she could move to help.

Ice - Liang watched as his dad spoke up to let the others have a chance to convince the skeptical kitsu to say and accept their help. His dad always looked out for everyone like that. Oh! Right he needed to actually go help them convince the kitsu to stay.

He beamed "hello, there! This is my first adventure so I'd very much noy like it to end too soon, I don't suppose you could give us a chance to help"

Hoshi - Nalani gave a quick glance over to the orange Kitsu by her side, noting his shiver with a tilt of her head. Sometimes she forgot he didn't like the cold. Not until they went out in cold temperatures, at least. His fur looked so cozy and warm, she couldn't imagine him ever being cold. While she, with her thinner fur, felt just fine after that first reaction to the chilly environment down here.

Despite the perilous bubble all around them, it was almost cozy down here. Almost. If you forgot the bubble.

"Just the obvious," she answered her mate calmly, turning her head back around to watch the other Kitsu. "That we're clearly under the water somewhere. I hope not out in the middle of the ocean." That thought did bring another shiver to her. She could just imagine the whole thing collapsing all around them. She tried to look up at the top of it, to gauge how far down they might be while everyone else, including Tai Yang, engaged further with the strange Kitsu.

Irish - FInlay who had been lagging behind for a while finally caught up to the group and was stunned to see someone rummaging through a bag and seemed unperturbed the group was right behind them. They did not seem to be bothered by the fact there were there as if they were of no consequence. The group seemed to be conversing with this being and to him it seemed odd. As he looked around he noticed the gate and wondered what he had missed being so far behind. Without seeming to pay attention he moved around slowly behind the group to get a better understanding of what was going on when he heard going back through the gate and business to attend to. That shocked him this fish tail seemed a tad bit rude and it was time for him to return the sentiment. He turned and suddenly launched himself in the path of the fish tail hoping to startle them into staying a few more moments.

Hoshi - "Oh, I see." That was all Lucretia could think of to say, as she took her paw out of her bag and straightened it on her shoulder. The tone of her voice was very neutral. She wasn't feeling upset at the rebuff to her help. Better someone felt fine and didn't need her help. But she still felt a bit awkward by the exchange. It had been such a long time since she'd been around other Kitsu that she wasn't really sure how to proceed. She stepped back a little bit and allowed the others to speak for a moment, watching each in turn. When one of the youngest there spoke up, she couldn't help addressing him.

"First adventure? Mine, too!" she said, offering Liang a friendly grin, feeling more encouraged by the mere fact she wasn't the only one here so inexperienced. Than she turned back to the Kitsu with the fish tail, stepping forward so she wasn't so lost behind everyone else. "But the gate has opened for the first time in forever, there must be a reason for it. And as you are an inhabitant here...Maybe you could help us figure out where we are and we could return the favor?"

Last edited:

Hoshi Lockhart

Station Visitor
D
Zak - The fish tail was immediately surrounded as they tried to leave the bubble only making them feel smaller than they already were. Especially up against the giant fauna which seemed to tower over the dwarf fish tail. If they wanted to leave the fish tail couldn’t now, they were definitely outnumbered, and definitely not strong enough to push through the crowd around him.

“Fine” came the huff particularly to no one. “It's not like your giving me much of a choice. Then tell me how are you supposed to help? Can you breath under water? How's your swimming?” The other very much doubted the others could keep up if they could get past them and out into the open ocean. These kitsu needed to breath air after all while they seemed quite capable of doing both.

The cream kitsu seemed to be ignoring most of the other’s words, aside from the earthborns in the group. Perhaps it was more comfortable with them then the others. He laughed at the one called Beckett’s words. “Really? You want to move the bubble, even if that was possible, what do you think it's keeping the ocean from flooding your realm right now?”

When Beckett introduced himself the other figured it was best to give a name back “I’m Sidri. Tell me did you even have a plan when coming here? Or is it fun just to barge in all over someones home realm? Do you think everyone would just welcome you with open paws?”

Sidri may be rude in the others view, but they were all rude, ganging up on little old Sidri, forcing them to stay when they really did not want to. When another current seemed to bang against the bubble it drew them out of their thoughts. Even with his strength he wasn't sure if he was able to make it to his destination. Perhaps now he had no choice to use their strength.

Ren - Rose blinked but more or less shrugged used to being ignored. There was a towering other kitsu and louder voices commanded more attention and respect then she could anyway. “If we can’t move a bubble can we make a bubble around us with some kind of magic or container? You look like you have a fishy tail but paws like the rest of us. I can’t imagine you couldn’t walk on land or in an underwater cave.” With that she moved to go back toward studying the plants and seeing if they could be used in a dye for miki. The others had a better sense of adventuring things and helping others. She would help if she could but she was not great at convincing others.

----------

“Sidri is a cute name.” The large fauna smiled. “I’m Elen Dome Hisieithil. As for swimming I am a strong swimmer. I don’t think we expected much of anything we tumbled in and were in the dark and alone until you arrived with a problem so of course we want to help you. It would only be right to help if someone was in trouble.” The kitsu of Athas had come to Torreland to explore but helped prevent a sickness before it took off and got many others sick. They had then gone to the realm of the imperial due to a prank but caused no harm so surely the adventurers would not cause harm here either. She had faith.

Hoshi - Swim. That had not occurred to Lucretia, despite all the signs of being far under the water. Her position was still a bit behind the others who had instantly jumped to keep the strange Kitsu amongst them, so she had a clearer view all around her to look at the environment outside of their protective spire. Yeah. That looked like a lot of water indeed. And while she could swim, she always preferred not to, as her tails became too heavy with water too quickly, weighing her down, while her ears were just awkward to get around when she was turning.

Crouching down on four paws, bag dangling underneath her belly, the fauna glanced back at the group, a troubled expression on her face. She most certainly had no ideas on what to do, given this was her first time away from the comfort of her own home. Talking back to a God felt like one thing. At least that hadn't been underneath the ocean, in completely unfamiliar surroundings.

"I am sure we are all sorry for making you feel uncomfortable by all talking at once. I apologize for myself." Sitting down, she bowed her head and offered a friendly smile. "If we are exchanging names, now, mine is Lucretia Embers. Is it not natural for Kitsu to want to explore and come together?"

Zak - “I’m not sure if what I have is actually a problem,” Sidri started beginning to open up after the apology. “I’m just on my way to Shimmerwave. The currents are just stronger then I remember.” They pointed up to the one which had brought them here “That one is new.”

The Mer turned to Rose to answer her previous question, even though he seemed to be ignoring them it did not mean he wasn’t listening. “There may be a way” he spoke, beginning to rummage through the bag on their back again. “But I’m not sure if I have everything for it.

Ice - Liang smiled at the fauna who had spoken to him. "Hopefully it'll be one to remember!" He chimed to Lucretia. His optimistic outlook was short lived however. Liang was certain he was the youngest kitsu here.

After the lecture the aquatic gave them, liang did feel really bad for making sidri feel so uncomfortable. It was certainly not his intent. Tightening his grip on his staff Liang was a bit hesitant to ask anything of the sharp tongued aquatic. He glanced back at his parents for a bit of support before he breathed to calm himselfa bit. His naturally cheery nature seemed to be against him this time around.

He came up beside Lucretia to speak to sidri "I'm sorry for the lack of introduction, Mr. Sidri, my names Liang, it's a pleasure to meet you." the wind mage spoke politely a bit calmer whike trying to contain his still present excitement. Liang listened to the conversations between sidri and the other two as they tried to think of a way to get to this shimmerwave place. Just the same sounded amazing! As Sidri was speaking to one of the other kitsu said he'd might need some things. Liang was quite unable to hide his sudden excitement again. He smiled widely he wanted to help to make up for his earlier mistake. "we are definitely here to help! If I might ask what else might you need Mr Sidri? Anything I can help you get?" He offered to the aquatic

Middy - Aurora was a bit upset she didn't want anyone to hurt or force the kitsu to do anything they didn't want to do. They were kinda stuck at the moment and she wasn't sure what to say, so she said simply. "I'm Aurora."
Athena didn't know what to say but everyone else was introducing themselves so she said. "Athena."

Zak - Sidri began to pull out various vials with unknown liquids and a variety of other things needed for potions from their bag. Some seemed to be shattered, possibly from the impact of the fall through the bubble upon arrival. "Let me inventory what I have first, and then I can try to figure out what I need"

Ren - Rose’s ears stood straight up after Sidi spoke to her. She honestly expected to be ignored. The slack look on her face lasted a movement or two which likely looked rather funny. She didn’t know what Sidri needed when they started to pull out vials and shattered glass. She sucked her breath. “Careful your paws.” She wasn’t an alchemist but knew that some potions shouldn’t be on the skin directly and she feared anyone getting hurt. She scooted closer hoping to help the kitsu sort out the vials at least a bit even if she didn’t know anything about what was in them. She matched up colors and vial types as best she could and slowly and carefully picked out shards of broken glass with paws as she could use the wrap and glove to prevent touching any directly that looked sharp or had odd liquid bits on them. "Some of these look familiar what is this one?" She held up a small vial.

----------

Elen looked at her large paws. She wanted to help but didn’t think she would be able to squeeze in to do so if others wanted to help around the sorting process. She wanted to groan and moved next to a smaller earthborn trying to peek at the vials she could see. “Anything I can do to help?” She stepped back so as not to loom as in the dimmer light that might be rather scary.

Middy - Aurora looked over the things that Sidri took out but she just couldn't figure out what they were, likely because she didn't know much about the ocean or perhaps because the stress of the situation had just made her mind go blank.
Athena wasn't much help in this situation so she just stood guard over everyone else, waiting till she could be of more help.

Zak - Both Rose and Aurora both notice that there were several vials of what seemed to be fresh water, at least 10 the aquatic had pulled out of the bag they carried. The two also noticed that mostly all of the ingredients that was pulled out of the pack were bottled, possibly to keep them dry when the aquatic went for a swim.

Rose noticed among the ingredients that there was kelp, algae, shells and coral, there were several neither of you recognized. There were 9 vials with an unknown liquid that neither of you recognize, however you do notice that several of the broken vials has traces of this same potion on it.

Ice - Liang went to take a look at some of the remaining vials "would you mind Mr sirdri?" He asked polity before taking a look at them. His father might have a better go at it.

----------

Noticing his son was having a bit of trouble Tai came and took a brief look himself. He was well traveled. "Here let me see those." He said coming up behind his son.

Middy - Aurora looked on curiosity clear in her eyes, she wondered if it was rude to ask if that was really fresh water and if so where did Sidri get it from. This place seemed like an ocean but perhaps it wasn't or if it was that must mean there was fresh water somewhere. She wiggled still wondered about asking.

Ren - Rose looked at the nine vials and the broken shards that had the same. "What is this potion? you have a lot of it." She didn’t know if it was to sell or something important but there certainly were a lot of them. She supposed the vials to keep ingredients out the water was an important thing but wondered if there wasn’t a more sturdy container then glass like a rock or crystal of some kind. Or even a shell that had been waxed to be waterproof.

Ice - Tai stepped back as he wasn't as much help as he'd like, one of the kits seemed to be doing just fine having things well in paw. He wend back to stand by nalani and admire the coral. "Quite lovely under here isn't it?" It had certainly been a while since he'd seen such lovely oceanic scenery like this.

----------

Liang was a bit disappointed with himself after studying a lot. He picked up the water vials, were these fresh? They must have a super neat way to distil the salt out. He'd have to ask after but he had another couple of questions
"Hey Mr sidri, what's your home like, do you live in Shimmerwave?" Asked curiously glancing around. "It's quite lovely here, is it like this too?"

Hoshi - Just as she'd expected, Nalani had been right in coming along. This was too much all at once for someone so new to the world as Liang was. She hadn't had a chance to take him out on her own on a smaller mission before the call for a group to go through a gate had come up. She didn't blame her son his enthusiasm for joining it. If only the timing had been right.

Offering a smile and a nod to be brave, the dark Earthborn held back a little bit until the one who named himself as Sidri began pulling things out of his bag. That peaked her curiosity. Nalani had been to many places and seen many things, all from a very young age. It had been her work for so long, the only thing she would ever do with her time until she finally settled down. She was coming on half her lifespan, but she liked to think, even down under the ocean, maybe she'd know of whatever they were being shown.

So she moved forward on four legs, sitting down when she was close enough and took a look over the small inventory before her.

Last edited:

Hoshi Lockhart

Station Visitor
D
(For the sake of this, anything between --is a post from Zak--)

Zak - “Just Sidri is fine” they spoke to the youngin. “And no I live on the surface on Tuthlic Island, but I can’t go back at the moment, strong storms and rough seas prevented me from returning.” Sidri glanced at another random current which bombarded the bubble they were in. “But it seems not only the surface but here is also having odd weather patterns.”

After emptying the bag Sidri dumped the remaining glass shards on the ground, tipping the bag over. “That is Fish Lung.” Sidri replied to Rose looking at the potion which was picked up. “Although I can breath both in water and in air” The aquatic motioned towards the gills hidden under the hair on their neck “I prefer to breath air since I live mostly on the surface”

The alchemist did a quick count of how many Fish Lung they had and then did a quick count of how many kitsu had come through the gate. “It seems I’m short though. There’s 15 of your but only 9 potions, however I can create something different that will work the same as this bubble but on a smaller scale. It will also last longer than a potion. But I need ingredients for it first.”

Sidri moved to the edge of the bubble dome around them and then jumped out of it for a quick look at the surrounding area. It indeed was a quick look as the mer was back quickly with another current catching them and throwing them back into the bubble dome just like they had arrived the first time.

But the Alchemist had seen what was needed. “If I could get 9 volunteers to go gather me ingredients?” came the question for the group. “There’s a small cliff side in that direction” they pointed, “Which should have everything I need for it. Hopefully.”
“The 9 will need to take this potion and listen well to my instructions. First, don't swallow it right away. You need to hold it in your mouth for 5 minutes. Then you may either spit it out or swallow it. Once in effect do not exhale too quickly otherwise it will bypass the effect of the potion. You should be able to talk to one another but do not try to scream.”

There was a small pause, as Sidri tried to think if there was anything else they would need to know. Oh right what they were gathering. “I have enough fresh water for the mixture, however I need kelp, coral and bubble babble. Bubble babble is a plant which naturally creates small bubbles. I’ll need these bubbles but I will need them last on each mixture as they need to stay in the water. I need 3 coral and 6 Kelp for each mixture that will be going on one of these bubbles to solidify it. So once I get that amount you can bring me a Bubble Babble and I can create one for those waiting here and then they can join in on collecting the ingredients. Which should make the process go more quickly.”

“Oh be careful when you carry the bubble babble as they tend to pop fairly easily in harsh currents.” Sidri spoke after another pause. “And careful of the currents I’m not sure how they are around that cliff side so it may be best to try to gather in pairs just in case. If you find more then the ingredients we need I’ll take them as well for later.Or you can keep the other things you find out there.”

Middy - Athena raised her paw "I will help gather ingredients." She felt like she was strong enough to handle the current.
Aurora was a more brainy kitsu and didn't think she could handle these waters even as a water mage.
Aurora was a more brainy kitsu and didn't think she could handle these waters even as a water mage.

Ren - Rose looked at the currents and decided she was better suited to helping with the potions if she could. She figured she would end up getting wet eventually but in the mean time she might be of some use here as she had an easier time recognizing potion parts and with Sidri guiding her could be put to work with simple tasks here.... where it was currently dry.
Elen smiled and looked eager. "I'd love to help gather things. I am a pretty decent swimmer I think." Finally something not tiny and crowded. she was looking forward to how she could help.

Middy - Aurora was a more brainy kitsu and didn't think she could handle these waters even as a water mage.

----------

Athena raised her paw "I will help gather ingredients." She felt like she was strong enough to handle the current.

Ren - Rose looked at the currents and decided she was better suited to helping with the potions if she could. She figured she would end up getting wet eventually but in the mean time she might be of some use here as she had an easier time recognizing potion parts and with Sidri guiding her could be put to work with simple tasks here.... where it was currently dry.
Elen smiled and looked eager. "I'd love to help gather things. I am a pretty decent swimmer I think." Finally something not tiny and crowded. she was looking forward to how she could help.

Zak - Sidri handed both Athena and Elen a potion. "Good Luck"

Middy - Athena said "Thank you Sidri, I will do my best." After all for all they knew something in their area could have caused problems now and they had put a strain on Sidri coming here and Sidri could have just left them here, but had not. It was their duty to help this mess.

Irish - Finlay of course being Finlay was watching everyone without really watching them. He gave off a unconcerned vibe of needing more of the potions to get out of where they were. He shrugged and sauntered over to where Sidri was and very casually said " I prefer not to get wet, it is terrible on my fur. I could be of assistance with assembling the ingredients once they are retrived. Although it may take to long relying on the others so I may have to dive and do what is necessary for the group." he slowly exhaled. Looking around him he noticed a flury of activity, some of the other Kitsu's were diving, a smallhandful were just debating on what they wanted to do and yet a few were attempting to help Sidri. He decided to wait a bit to see how fast they could retrieve the ingredients, knowing he would have to dive to help this along he waited and plotted.

Zak - "Well you will be getting wet no matter what if you are coming to Shimmerwave with us." The aquatic replied. "It is an underwater city after all"

There was a small pause. "As for assembling, only alchemists can do this part sadly, which I suppose I should have asked if there were any in the group before setting some off." Sidri spoke as if it was a bit of an after thought.

"So are you staying or are you going I do have to know so I can give you a potion other wise i'll give it to someone else who wants to help in that area and you'll have to wait here till i craft this potion?" They asked Finlay needing a decision from the trick.

Irish - Finlay bristled a bit, he was taken aback some due to the fact Sidri seemed a tad brusque in their reply to him. "Hmmm, maybe this game will be more fun than I originally thought" he thought silently. Looking over at Sidri, their movements were deliberate not a step wasted. Sizing this Kitsu up would be a challenge but Finlay salivated at that thought. Clearing his throat as politely as possible he said "I will take the potion, the quicker we all participate in diving the more ingredients can be found the sooner we can move on to our destination" "Now refresh my memory on how to use this and what to expect if you would be so kind" a small grin appeared on his face and with that he held out his hand.

Zak - Handing over a potion Sidiri sighed, this one defiantly had not been listening to his explanation he just gave. "I just explained if you did not listen it was your fault. Maybe you should go ask someone who was listening." They gave a small glance to the still raging current upon the bubble, the same one that had brought them here initially. Although it bothered the mer, Sidri did not seem to show it upon his face.

"I have more pressing matters to work on then to re-explain something I just said moments before." came the sharp words the small dwarf obviously annoyed with this one.

Irish - Finlay took the potion and turned away from the Mer. A smirk forming on his face. "Well they seem perturbed at me, as if I care. Now to nudge a bit more but I think I will just play along for a little bit to see if they let any guards down" he silently thought to himself. Walking in the direction Sidri had pointed, he carefully held the potion. Stopping at the edge of the cliff he pondered what was to come and took a few minutes to collect himself before downing the potion.
--Downing the potion right away made the effect of the potion become ineffective. As soon as Finlay steps out of the bubble and into the ocean he will not be able to breath. Forcing him to return immediately. Finlay will now not be able to gather ingredients until a Bubble Dome has been created for him.--

Ice - Liang listened quite curiously to the information sidri gave him. He couldn't get home. That wasn't good. Maybe that's why the gate opened. There was new currents as well the aquatic mentioned. The storms were irregular too, "I wonder what's causing the storms and currents to become stronger, maybe it had something to do with why the gate opened."

Liang's eyes followed to the edge of the bubble listening intently to sidri before he jumped outside to get a look only to be thrown back in by the strong current. His

"I would like to volunteer to help gather ingredients." Not that being a wind mage was going to help under water. He could purify poisons And water but that wasn't really useful right now either.

"So I need to take one of these right?"He said looking at the potions remembering Sidri had given specific instructions on how to use them. He carefully picked one up and followed the instructions holding the liquid in his mouth for the allotted time, careful not to break the enchantment.

Ren - Elen looked at the potion and was very eager to be of some help. She was nervous about swimming in the current but this was something she could do unlike the potion. She missed the exchange Sidri had with the other kitsu as she put the potion in her mouth was sitting upright holding it in her mouth like she was told to. It felt strange in her mouth. Were all potions meant to be taken like this or was this special? She didn’t really look into potions as she lived in a peaceful place. She slowly started to count in her head so she would make the full five minutes. She supposed this had to be special to let her breath underwater.

Middy - Athena carefully followed the directions from Sidri. It was not an enjoyable experience, but she counted in her head and did as she had been instructed trying to stay calm while dealing with the strange potion. It would also likely be very strange swimming in the water. She was an angelic after all.

Ice - Liang was a bit nervous but he took the leap from the dome to take a look for the ingredients needed. He's practiced in a nearby lake but he wasn't all that good but. here he was going to really try and give his all.
Grabbing what he could he did his best to head back to the dome.
--Liang struggled to return to the bubble. Though he was strong enough not to be thrown into the cliff side from a random current instead the current flung him back into the bubble, causing him to drop one of the algea he had collected on this trip into the ocean depths.--
Being flung back into the bubble Liang clung to the small amount he'd been able to grab. He'd lost one of the alge in the ocean depths. From what Sidri had said he didn't look like he'd gotten anything useful but maybe the alchemist could still do something with it. He took a moment to shake some of the excess water out of his fur and taking another moment to make sure he wasn't hurt beyond some small scrapes. he had a feeling it could have been worse.

"Sidri I know this wasn't what you were looking for but this is what I was able to grab." he said showing it to the aquatic kitsu.

Middy - Athena waited for the potion to go into full effect before she started into the water and went to gather as much as she could before she had to take what she could back to the bubble and Sidari.
Athena swam back to the bubble, trying to be as careful as she could not to pop the bubble babble before she got back to give it to Sidri. She was relived when she arrived back without popping it.

Zak - Sidri nodded at the Kirin "Well I can put it aside for later for other things, as they are viable ingredients for other potions, or you can keep them as well. That I leave up to you. Though I suppose I could pay you for them if you allow me to keep them, that's if you gather enough"

Noticing a Kitsu bringing back a Bubble Babble right away, the aquatic went out to meet them. "These need to stay mostly in water until I apply the solution," they spoke. Turning to the group "Would anyone be willing to hold this here in the water until its needed?" came the question not everyone would be able to go and gather things so this would be a perfect job for one of those staying behind.

Middy - Athena looked at Sidri and shook her head "I am not an alchemist and I wouldn't know what to do with these things anyway. You can keep whatever I bring up that is not needed. There is no need to pay."

Zak - "I'd feel bad if I didn't compensate you in some way" Came the reply

Middy - Athena cocked her eyebrow "And I would feel bad taking from you for the trouble we have cause you."

Zak - "But that is not the point. You are now doing extra work, it would be wrong if i did not pay you in some way for it." they replied back.

Middy - Athena frowned, "But by coming here without permission we cause this problem to begin with, you are helping to fix it, so why should I take payment for the work that must be done?"

Zak - "I do have to admit that is true, but I also do have to admit that without help. I do not think I am strong enough to leave this place myself." they responded. Being throw back into the bubble the second time was definitely and eye opener. The mer would need their help in getting to Shimmerwave. "So helping you is helping me."

Middy - Athena listened and nodded "Then just accept my items as an apology on my part, I do not begrudge others accepting a reward for extra items, but I prefer to give them to you freely."

Zak - "Fine" Sidri replied letting her win the argument. The mer would just have to find some way later to reward her, even if it meant slipping a silver into her pack or fur later.

Middy - Once Athena finished her conversation with Sidri she went back into the water to try to gather more ingredients that were needed for the potions.
This time she found Algae and Fish Scale. She also found kelp but that seemed to be fairly easy to find.
Athena made her way back to the bubble to give Sidri the things she had gathered this time.

Ren - Elen move to go swim as she had been directed and started head to try and collect some of the required plant. underwater looked to be something else entirely there were so many interesting things around.
She collected a lot of random things and in truth she wanted to grab more but she didn't think she could hold more and get back safely with it all as it was likely better to do this in small gathering at a time.

Middy - Athena went back into the water and she found some pretty neat stuff. Then on her way back to the bubble she was caught in a current and lost most of what she had gathered. She grumbled as she gave Sidri the algeas. She wasn't yet ready to try again.
--athena gets caught in a random current causing the bubble babble to pop as well as she dropped every thing but one of the algeas into the deep.--

Last edited:

Hoshi Lockhart

Station Visitor
D
Hoshi - "It's interesting to see it without the water," Nalani answered Tai Yang when she returned to their spot a bit back from the group. She could still hear what was going on in front, could hear all the explanations from Sidri about the potions and needing more ingredients. It felt so odd to be back in the thick of things after quitting adventuring herself so many years ago. Coming here now made her realize how much she didn't actually miss it. Guess she got her fill long ago. She merely watched as a few of their number volunteered to go gather and dove out in the ocean without much hesitation.

Clearly she was just getting old. If these were her younger days, she wouldn't have hesitated at all and dove right in after them. Nowadays, she just wanted to watch and only step in when she felt she was needed. But there were plenty here to do the job for Sidri. Including Liang. No surprise there. He'd always been so enthusiastic.

The only thing that made her move was seeing her son being flung back so gracelessly back into the bubble. She'd jumped forward quickly, spurred on by maternal instincts to protect, but quickly slowed down when she saw he was fine. It never did any good to lose your head if there was little reason to. Maybe now was a good time to do something herself.

Reaching the others, she looked at Sidri, nodding her head. "I volunteer to go gather, as well." Without waiting for a response, Nalani took a potion, holding it uncomfortably in her mouth, the feeling of swallowing strong and difficult to overcome. She counted by tapping toe on the ground and swallowed once her time was up. Giving Liang a reassuring smile, she dove into the waters, hoping he'd follow close behind her.

Ren - Elen was back at it and managed to snag a fair bit of coral and a kelp. on her way she saw a strange kind of plant so she snagged that as well. she still of course needed to swim back.
--Elen is caught in quite a strong current flinging her into the side of the under water cliff causing her to gasp slightly at the impact. She also dropped all the items she had gathered in her attempt to go back to the cove.--
Reaching back she set her gathered items down and looked it would seem that other swimmers had been busy and much faster then her. She was soggy but glad others were swimming as well she found this was oddly refreshing she liked the look underwater and decided she was going to go gather more. She headed back out.

Middy - Athena gathered more kelp and a piece of coral that happened to be loose she didn't want to break coral away from the larger bodies if she didn't have to. She also grabbed another plant that caught her eye. Then she made her way back to the bubble.
Athena arrived back at the bubble to give Sidri the kelp, coral and fish bloom she had collected this run.

Ice - "You can have the ingredients Sidri, I don't think they're going to be too much use to me, I'd rather they get used." Liang smiled. He wouldn't mind being paid for his extra work. especially after seeing the exchange between sidri and Aroura. Sirdri would find a way so he best just let the older kitsu have his way. "I'm going to go again! I'll be back with more hopefully!" he smiled back at his mom and ran out behind her. It would hopefully be a bit easier this time.

----------

"It is quite, fascinating, I'd love to take more time to examine it. " though for now Tai watched Liang take the potion and go, only to be flung back. That kit was always enthusiastic and smiling. The older kitsu chuckled. after a bit. Tai yang stepped forward as his wife took the potion "Allow me to hold the bauble bubble for you sidri." since both his son and wife were going collecting it was the least he could do. he did have steady paws.

Zak - "That would be most helpful" Sidri replied to Tai Yang. Though now the mer was quick to work grinding coal and 3 kelp down into a paste adding droplets of fresh water when needed to the concoction. Taking the other 3 kelp he lathered the paste onto them before layering them onto the bubble babble which was currently being held by Tai. Once finished they spoke "You can take it out of the water now, as this mixture solidifies the bubble babble allowing it to be out of water for 3 hours, and will withstand strong currents."

There was a pause "Since you helped me with this one it is yours to use if you wish or we can find someone else to help go gather the rest of the items"

Hoshi - Once out in the water, Nalani simply floated for a bit, watching the bubble. Such an odd sensation, being in the water with no fear of drowning. In all her travels, this was certainly nothing like she'd ever experienced before. It brought a small smile to her lips. Something new and exciting was what she'd needed to get the spark back. She used to enjoy doing this so much when she was younger. Exploring and helping others brought her joy. When this was done and she returned home, she'd really need to find herself a good hobby.

Nalani extended the smile to Liang as he jumped back in after her. Yes, he surely had the spirit of an adventurer. A harsh tumble back wasn't about to discourage him. Good. She turned towards the open waters, swimming to the best of her abilities in search of the different things they had been told to get. Whatever a bubble babble was, she assumed one of the four things she picked was the correct description for one and made her way back close to the bubble, once again waiting to see how Liang fared this time. At least one of everything asked for the potion with no issues! Her skills weren't so rusty after all.

Ice - Swimming out quickly behind his mom, and gathered things with her, he seemed to have good luck this time snagging a bubble bobble among his other four things. He got closer to his mother as they headed back. he was a bit more nervous this time around after having been thrown. His mom seemed to have no problem, though it was expected. she'd always thought she was rusty but I think that might have been the age talking. Dad always said you were only as old as you felt.
--Liang was caught by a current, however with Nalani's guidance he was able to stable himself only popping the bubble babble and dropping one of the two algea he had picked up.--

Ren - Washing up back in to the bubble dome it was clear Elen had not been successful she shook her head and turned around to try and head back out she might not have succeeded but she was going to give it a go again that was for sure.
She grabbed some coral and some other strange water plant and rooted around looking for something else that would be easy to snag she tried to pull at more coral but it didn't come loose easily and so she kicked at it and managed to break a small part free. she quickly gathered it up and headed back hopefully avoiding the current this time.
--Elen drops one of the fish bloom and one of the kelp she had gathered after getting hit by a random current.--

Middy - Athena wasn't expecting to be caught in another strong current and she was annoyed with herself that she wasn't strong enough to handle this.
--Athena drops everything but the shell and gets flung into the bubble after riding a wild current-
Athena was very grumpy that she was caught in a harsh current once again and lost everything she had gathered except for a shell. She was strong but she was not a water kitsu so this was hard to deal with. She wasn't ready to give up yet. She dropped off the shell and prepared to try again after resting.

Ice - Tai did as he was instructed he carefully bringing the bubble out of the water. siting on his "I don't suppose I introduced myself, I am known as Tai Yang." He thought on what sidri was saying. "I am unfortunately not a strong swimmer, best leave such tasks to the young." he smiled offering up the completed bubble dome back to sidri. "I wouldn't mind continuing to help in their production, it should help speed things up wont it?" Tai had noticed them bring another bubble in not to long ago.

----------

Liang, got lucky again, though he was disappointing he's lost the bubble bhe he was glad he'd at least brought back some kelp. he smiled at his mum "Thanks for the help mum!" he smiled at her as he carefully handed the ingredients to Sidri. He glanced up at his mom hopefully to go out swimming again.

Hoshi - Holding tight to her precious finds, Nalani propelled herself through the bubble and back into breathable air. How even was their constant breathable air in here, anyway? Was it the coral, acting similar to plants on the surface? Ah, no time to be thinking on that. There was work to do. And supplies to drop off. Maybe she'd have more time later to study it. After all, it was around the gate, so it must be able to sustain its shape for, if not forever, at least a very long time.

"Here you are, Sidri," she announced, dropping the supplies carefully in front of him. She gave her mate a look and a smile, not surprised he wasn't idling in the back anymore if there was something he could help with. "That's at least one of everything you asked for. I'll go see if I can get more to help." Turning back to the edge of the bubble, in a different direction than where she had come from, Nalani caught the look from Liang. Nodding her head, she dove back through the barrier.
Back out in the water, the dark Earthborn looked around at the world, spending a little time watching a school of fish swim towards her and quickly dart away. A couple of scales fell off and slowly drifted down to the bottom of the ocean floor. Quickly, though she knew they weren't what was needed, Nalani grabbed them before they could disappear into the coral below her, also grabbing a bit of loose coral as she did so. Potions weren't her forfeit, but she knew a lot of different ingredients went into them. It seemed a shame to just let a few good scales go if they could also be used for something.

Ice - Liang slipped back out swimming again, he was looking around for some coral since sirdi said he needed some. After a bit he'd managed to grab one. He didn't feel great about this trip though. He clung desperately to the coral. if only he could make it back with it.
--Both Liang and Nalani get caught in currents two differnt currents which seem to fling the two right into each other. Causing both of you to drop all of the items that you have collected and causing you to gasp at the impact.--
Tai didn't press for more information but continued to just quietly help Sidri by holding the next Bauble bubble. He was enjoying having a moment to admire the corals around the dome.

Liang came flying back into the bubble dome after having been hit by another large current. "Mom!" he said looking around, not really caring that much at the time he'd dropped all his one piece of coral and assorted other things. He bounded over to his mother to see if she was alright, causing Tai to look toward the two with concern though currently unable to move.

"You alright mom?" he asked Nalani.

Sei - Amber was still surprised by everything that just happened but decided to try and help gather ingredients.
Amber grabbed what she could and tried to swim back

Hoshi - Nalani had a none-too-graceful landing back into the bubble after slamming into Liang and getting pushed by the water back through the barrier. She landed on her belly, the wind getting knocked out of her. She lay with her eyes closed for a few moments before struggling to a sitting position and giving her son a reassuring smile. Of course she was fine. She'd dealt with worse injuries in her lifetime.

"Perfectly fine. Nothing I can't handle." Except she'd dropped everything she had. Damn, those currents were powerful. She'd never been a very strong Kitsu, despite picking the Fighter profession. Being agile didn't help with the currents. "Shall we go, again? Still so much to get."

Middy - Athena was gathering things. She had picked up more kelp and coral but when she went to attempt to get back to the bubble she was caught in the current and flung against the cliff. She lost everything she had been carrying except for one of the pieces of coral. She made her way back to the bubble slowly to drop off the coral she still had.
Athena returned to the bubble after being tossed by the current and she looked around to see if anyone wanted to go with her this time, see if safety in pairs helped.

Sei - Amber returned to the bubble with a huff. she deposited her ingredients and jumped back into the water.
Cassie decided she should help too, even tho she wasn't confident in her physical skills.
--Amber and Cassie get taken away by a current struggling against the current Amber drops everything but her shell. Cassie also drops a few things only being able to hold onto one piece of kelp and her shell. The current takes the two farther away from the cliffside that they had been gathering on. Roll another Physical check with both characters for their return--

Ice - He was glad Nalani was alright, he breathed a sign of relief and smiled back at his mom. Of course she was alright, his mom was totally awesome after all. He did agree, he looked at the small stack of ingredients once again. they really needed a lot. "yeah, let's go mom!" he grinned heading out.
Liang swam as quick as he could to grab some more ingredients, he looked around as best as he could and happily snagged a bauble bubble only to have it pop in his face. Dangit, we needed these. they'd only managed to get two so far. His father was holding the remaining one until they were ready with more coral. But he'd only managed to find two silken streams and a fish scale.

He waited for his mom to come before he started swimming back.

Middy - Athena was gathering her ingredients once again she had gathered algae, kelp, coral and something she had not found before. Then when she went to head back to the bubble she was caught in yet another strong current and had only been able to keep hold of the rough coral.
--Athena gets caught in a current which flings her right back into the giant bubble dome. She struggles to keep hold of her ingredients dropping everything in the process but the single piece of coral she had been able to gather--
Athena huffed and dropped off the coral with Sidri and she went off again to hopefully have more luck gathering things.
Athena arrived with another bubble babble, and the other things she gathered.

Zak - Now that they had enough Coral Sidri was able to work on finishing the paste to solidify the bubble babble. Once again once the paste was finished the alchemist took the bubble babble from Tai Yang to create the bubble dome.

"Alright who's next?" the mer questioned having enough for 4 more kitsu to take the plunge into the diving scene.

As the next bubble babble was brought back the mer indicated towards Tai Yang to hold it as he's been doing for the rest of them. The Tenku had been quite the help keeping the bubble babbles in water without letting them pop.

Jay - Danger had tried to stay dry but it seemed like it was his turn to help gather ingredients. He looked nervously around before heading out. He found Algae, coral, silken stream, and a shell.
Danger took the plunge feeling it was his turn. He was able to return with Algae, Coral, Silken stream, and a shell. He held out the ingredients that he found. Do we need any of this??

Sei - Amber returns with her finds and decides to try to be even more helpful. She pulls out a lyre and strums an inspiring song.

Last edited:

Hoshi Lockhart

Station Visitor
D
Sei - Cassie is free to join another for getting ingredients.

Middy - Athena is free to swim with someone too.

Sei - Cassie nods at athena "ready if you are'

Middy - Athena nodded "Yes I was hoping to find someone to swim with I think it will be safer."
Athena was swimming with Cassie this time and she wanted to keep a close eye on the other kitsu in case they needed help. She gathered a bubble babble and hoped she didn't pop it.

Zak - "The coral is all I need for this particular concoction. You may keep the others or I'll buy them off you like the others" the alchemist replied and indicated towards the pile that had been growing due to the extras everyone had been gathering.

Ren - Elen came back with her small horde having lost part of it in the currents. She felt a bit dejected she had been bested twice by the currents. Sidri was not exaggerating their might

Middy - She also gathered the silken stream and something else as well.
--Athena swimming up along side Cassie helps Cassie cut through a current which would have swept her a way. Because of the current Athena's bubble babble pooped, however the two were able to firmly hold onto everything else on the way back.--
Athena wasn't bothered her bubble babble had popped, she was just glad she was able to help Cassie.

Ren - Elen came back with her small horde having lost part of it in the currents. She felt a bit dejected she had been bested twice by the currents. Sidri was not exaggerating their might
Elen swam back out trying to get more she managed to get more coral and kelp as those were easy to find. she also got a strange plant like what was by the gate. She turned to glare back a the currents and deiced she was going to power her way through them and not get bested by them again

Middy - Aurora was nervous about braving the water, she looked around to see if anyone would wanted to go with her to try to gather ingredients.

Ren - Elen came back in with her gathered goods. it was strange but she was sure she could hear the singing through the water she didn't know how she had missed it before. Bringing in her haul she set it down and looked around. So far so good so she headed back out for more.
Rose looked at the kitsu who seemed to be looking around. to see if others would grab the remaining potions to help. "Hey if you take one to help so will I. I think I'd be scared to go alone."
Elen gathered more ingredients and surprised how slippery the algae was. maybe it wast just her paws being soaked with remnants of other trips on them. She hopped she would be able to hold onto everything on her way back. She noticed something small and shiny and picked it up. it looked like fish scales? how interesting. she took it with her

Middy - Aurora looked at the other kitsu "Yes I'm scared too, which is silly I guess since I'm a water mage." she laughed nervously. "So yes let's do it together and help each other."

Ren - Elen came back with a large hall of interesting things. She was still hesitant to talk as she knew she couldn't yell so she put the gathered goods down near Sidri to head out agian.
Rose Ren gently took a fish lung potion and started to count to five minutes like she remembered from before. It was an interesting taste and she honestly didnt' like it. Still the slow count continued onward. Now she would just have to remember not to yell when she was in water right?
Elen came back with a few useful ingredients and the clearly popped and useless hush of a popped bubble babble. she looked rather sad about it with her ears and wet coat looking more morose then anything.
Elen was impressed she managed to find a nice plump plant but as she gathered it and moved to other ingredients she must have held it too tightly as it popped right in her arms! That surprised her and she blinked several times at the limp plant that she was pretty sure wasn't any good anymore but she would try and bring it back anyway if she could. maybe it was still useful?

Middy - Aurora looked for Sidri and asked "Is it better for me to take the lung fish or use a bubble dome?"

Zak - "They both basically do the same thing, allow you to breath underwater. Just the Fish Lung lasts 8 hours if you can keep from screaming or exhaling quickly where the bubble dome is very sturdy and won't pop under harsh currents. It will last outside of water for 3 hours." the alchemist replied to the question.

As they spoke their small paws did not stop moving making the paste for the next bubble babble which was being held. "Tai Yang I got enough now to complete this one". With the last of the kelp needed for this one being brought in Sidri completed yet another bubble dome for the group.

Middy - Aurora carefully followed the directions to use the fish lung. She was nervous but she was happy she wouldn't be going along. (Aurora fish lung) Once she was done with the potion she turned to Rose Ren and said "Alright ready?"

Ren - Rose waited until her five minutes were up and then nodded to aurora. She was ready. She swallowed the remnants of the potion after aurora's time was up as well. they were both ready.

Middy - Aurora was nervous swimming with Rose Ren as she started gathering things and dealing with the fear of trying to swim the current back to the bubble. She gather algae. She gathered some kelp and something else.

Ren - Rose had some gathered items but let them go in an instant when she saw Arorua having some trouble with a current She tried her best to help the other hold everything to get back to the dome
--Both Aurora and Rose get caught in the same current struggling to fight against it they were swept away along with their collected items. After the first current dies down another seemed to block their path on the way back to the dome. --

Sei - Cassie decides she should wait a bit before trying that again and thanks athena for her help.

Amber is still strumming away, keeping the inspiration active.

Middy - Aurora attempts again to swim in the current and decides to use her elemental assault to try and make it easier to swim.

Ren - Rose followed the water mage assisting as she could. She just wanted both of them to get back to the gate safely. She was starting to panic a bit inside at this point though
--Both Rose and Aurora make it through the current quite easily and make it back to the gate area--
Elen headed out again to see if she could get more useful things. She liked the water though she would have liked it more with weaker currents
Rose ren landed in the gate area following behind the water mage. she was very glad she hadn't gone alone as she wasn't sure she could have gotten back without assistance. She stood shivering for a moment
Elen came back with her heafty horde and set them down by the smaller kitsu looking very proud of herself this time.
Elen was starting to get better at recognizing the plants that she thought they needed. she quickly amassed another horde and even took the time to notice several small fish swimming away from her and they quickly disappeared into the coral to hide.

Middy - Aurora sighed "I don't think it's a good idea for us to be out there." She said to Rose Ren
They had tried.

Ren - Rose shook her head and looked rather like she swallowed a frog. "That was... unpleasant."

Hoshi - Charging in after her son, Nalani entered the ocean for the third time, doing a happy little twirl in the water before focusing her attention on the ground around her. This was sorta fun, when you forgot about all the strong currents forcing everyone into each other or the rocks or back into the open space beyond the bubble. For a moment, she forgot what she needed and started picking at anything loose on the ground that looked of interest. Shell, silken stream, and fish bloom. The one thing in her arms she did recognize as being needed was kelp. Always kelp. Maybe she could keep the shell. She had a basket of shells from previous adventures already, one more wouldn't hurt.
--Liang and Nalani got hit with a current. The two struggled with their might to stay steady and not be whisked away by it. Liang managed to drop all of his items in the process where Nalani was able to keep hold of that single shell.--

Spying Liang waiting for her, Nalani swam towards him, trying her best to avoid the currents this time.

Ice - Being a bit quieter, Tai was enjoying helping the kit make the potions, it seemed as though things were going a lot more smoothly as a steady stream of ingredients started coming in as more people started going out. he'd noticed Sidri had earlier been quite uncomfortable, so he'd been trying not to be as talkative since the kit seemed to have been overwhelmed for a while. He seemed to have been getting better as the ingredients came in.

As the last bubble was finished, Tai gave a stretch. finally breaking his silence "You mentioned to my son you were from Tuthlic Island, how far from here is that?" he asked mildly curious, trying not to be offensive in any way just striking up some idle conversation while he waited for the next bubble to be brought.

He glanced around the dome though for a moment, Maybe he'd go take a look around the dome area with the break in bubbles. Perhaps he might find something interesting. It was quite an interesting place he'd like to take the time to investigate further.

Middy - Athena went out into the water alone this time since it appeared that Cassie needed a break.
Athena gathered algae, some kelp and some coral before swimming back to the bubble to give thing things she had collected to Sidri.
Athena arrived back at the bubble to give Sidri the kelp and coral that was needed.
She put the algae in the pile that was being collected. She figured if Sidri didn't need it perhaps someone from their party would.

Zak - Sidri looked up from the beginnings of a new paste as there wasn't anymore for them to do until more ingredients came in. An eyebrow was raised at the question. Hmm how far away was it from here? The mer knew of the vague location of the gate but this was Sidri's first time actually visiting it. "Over a half of days' trip I think." came the reply after much contemplation.

"How far is you home from the gate?" came the question continuing the conversation. The mer was a bit curious what it was like on the other side of the gate, mainly about the flora due to being an alchemist they wondered how many more different species of plants could be found on the other side of the gate that could prove useful.

Ice - "My family and I live in another smaller town two days walk from the gate,." he had seen Much of the world but he was actually quite happy there. Tai Yang was glad to finally find a place to settle down, and someone to settle with. he remembered fondly the landscape his attention on sidri as Tai continued to answer his question "it's lovely countryside and small forest bordering it," He paused having a thought "perhaps Sidri if you're interested once everything is settled you might come visit and take a look yourself." he offered. The village was a bit quieter than some of the larger ones.

"If you'll pardon me for a bit, I'm going to take a look around, I'll be back when you need me." he spoke politely as he started taking a look around.

Zak - Sidri nodded at the others words. It indeed sounded quite nice, though the mer wondered how much water was available in the area. Being a mer the alchemist needed to keep their body moist, it was the reason why they carried so many vials of water on them at all times. As Sidri was always prepared for the worst it seemed. "Maybe I will" they replied back after quite a bit of thought on it. Though Sidri was more curious about the different types of plants that could be found on the other side of the gate.

Yet it looked like the questions about water, and the flora of the area would have to wait until Tai Yang returned.

(During his exploration Tai Yang will notice how most of the Flora in the area is quite over grown, probably due to lack of maintenance with the gate being closed. Taking a closer look at the decorations around the gate Tai notices that several of them seemed to be cracked or missing shells in places in the designs.

Middy - Athena was on her hunt for kelp and coral. She found some of each and felt alright in the current. This certainly wasn't her environment but she was doing the best she could to help with this situation and then figure out how they could help with whatever was going on in this place.
Athena brought back kelp and coral to add to the pile.

Ice - He noted all the over growth, it really seemed like sidri and the group were the first to come here for a long time. Tai would examine the rest a bit latter but for now he wanted to examine the decorations around the gate and the gate design, He couldn't help but admire everything here as he investigated. Despite the decor seemed to be missing some shells. They might be around here somewhere he'd have to take a look after for them while everyone continued to gather. Perhaps he might fix them up eventually.
--The design around the gate was made with dried coral and different colors and shapes of shells and seaglass. The design is a giant clam shell. There is a path of rounded stones and grown anomies at the edge of the giant shell that seem to be where the sea life resumes growing and a path that appears to lead deep into the depths of the sea. Tai notices in one of the overgrown bushes of fish bloom and object that is quite familiar to him. A bubble dome. Remembering the conversation from earlier about how Sidri preferred to breath air over water, Tai can assume this is what Sidri had been wearing when flung into the bubble.--

Hoshi - Another current. She'd done so great the first time she'd dove into the ocean, but now her lack of strength was beginning to show as yet another current took Nalani in its grip and flung her back into the bubble with such force, the wind was once more knocked out of her lungs. Struggling to her feet, she felt the weight of something in her paw. The shell. At least she had managed to keep a hold of something, even if it wasn't something that was useful. Such a pretty shell, though.

Hair plastered to her neck, she made her way over to the slowly growing pile near the Mer, placing the shell off to the side from the more important things. She was going to be feeling the bruises from all this excitement in a day or two.

Irish - Finlay strolled over to Sidri, smiled and gathered the bubble dome and headed off to dive. The waters looked choppy and the current seemed to not want to play games today but Finlay adjusted the dome and jumped in. On his way down he noticed some activity all about him but it was not bothersome to him. His mind was focused on retrieving ingredients so the group can go on to the next stage of this adventure. His eyes landed on some kelp so he quickly gathered those and proceeded to move swiftly before looking about and finding something just out of the corner of his eye. It looked to be a fish scale just floating through the water like a dandelion on the breeze. He gathered it and placed it in his little bag he carried and then as he was attempting to gto up since he did not see anything else a quick movement was there so he grabbed it without thinking and slowly swam up to surface.
As Finlay surfaced he made sure to come up close to where he went in so he would not have to go far to deliver the items to Sidri. Making his way through the current he came up to Sidri and handed off the ingredients. He nodded then turned to look for more ingredients.

Zak - With more ingredients coming in Sidri had enough to make up another bubble dome, but they still needed a bubble babble. While waiting for the last ingredient to come in the alchemist started grinding down the coral and making a paste out of it getting ready for the next bubble babble to come in so the bubble dome could be quickly made.

Middy - Athena gathered a piece of coral, silken stand and a few shells. She was getting used to the water and it was making things much easier.
Athena brought Sidri another piece of coral, one silken strand and a couple of shells before heading back into the water to see if she could find another bubble babble.

Irish - Finlay popped up closer to Sidri this time and made his way over to hand over the ingredients he found on his second dive. Handing over the fish scales, fish bloom and coral he nodded and headed back into the choppy water to see if he could find the ingredients needed.
Finlay relaxed even more this dive and wanted to take his time swimming around but he knew he did not have the time. These ingredients needed to be found and the quicker they were the sooner they were out of this place. Algae and kelp were the first things found of course, they were abundant. A shell caught on a small current underwater was coming close by so he grabbed it and then found another one of the things that was on the coral from before so he collected this as well before heading back up.
Feeling good Finlay popped up in the cove and went over to give the ingredients found to Sidri. Knowing the alchemist would be busy making the pastes, and potions needed he quietly dropped off his items before attemtping to locate what really was needed.

Middy - Athena was getting very good at finding coral and she often found shells and silken stream. She still had no idea what silken stream could be used for so she still hope that Sidri would keep it and put it to good use. She cut through the water and started making her way back to the group.
Athena brought Sidri two more pieces of coral, she also had a piece of silken stream and a shell with her to drop off.
Athena hadn't gathered any algae in a while, she was pretty sure it wasn't used for the potion but she gathered it anyway. She then grabbed hold of another fish scale, with things so small she was surprised to have found as many as she had. She was happy to find kelp since it was something she needed. Athena frowned at the fish bloom another thing she wasn't sure about but took anyway.
Athena had to make more of an effort this time of getting back to the bubble but she was still able to bring back the kelp and other ideas to Sidri.

Last edited:

Hoshi Lockhart

Station Visitor
D
Middy - Athena gathered the bubble babble carefully and she gathered the kelp. She also grabbed a couple of other things but she didn't pay them much mind.
Athena carefully brought the bubble babble back to Sidri and the kelp. She also ended up with algae and fish scales again. At this point She was very tired but her honor would not allow her to rest till this task was done.

Zak - As soon as the bubble babble arrived Sidri took the paste that they had been working on and applied it to the air pocket solidifying it. Creating yet one more bubble dome for the group to utilize. With the remaining ingredients the mer began to work on grinding up the coral for the next one, getting the paste ready for when the last and final bubble babble arrived.

Sei - Amber strums away on her lyre, continuing the boost of inspiration to those swimming.

Irish - Finlay swam about lazily while searching for the items. The feel of the water was something he still did not care for but he was fine with it.

Moving about he saw another fish scale which he collected near a piece of pretty coral. Picking it up something little floated up to him. Something he had not seen before and he should have paid more attention to Sidri. He collected it and swam back up to see if it was something Sidri needed.

Slowly popping up he swam over to Sidri. He knew he should know everything he was looking for but he had to be a jerk and not really pay attention.

He went over to where Sidri was and cleared his throat.

"I think I found a dibble thing" and handed over the items he found. Waiting for confirmation he floated about.

Ren - Elen shook herself off and moved to go collect more ingredients for Sidri to use in potion making

Zak - With the last of the Bubble babble coming in Sidri quickly made another Bubble Dome out of it. Now with everyone having a method to breath underwater their next leg of the journey could commence. The Mer turned to the group "Those who brought me extra Ingredients I will buy them off of you for 1 silver. Its only fitting that I pay you for your extra efforts."

There was a pause "But we can do that on the way, as we spent too much time here already. We are in a bit of a hurry after all. Come lets begin our dive."