Threads:

Latest posts

Group events

Warriors: Cats of the Sun

[META] Phase Two - The Meeting

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
The Cast for Phase Two! Note: Because this is an all-Clan meeting, I'm allowing for TreeClan cats who are not on this list to participate. If you have a TreeClan cat who wants to voice an opinion during this meeting and have a vote in the decision making process, then you may. Please Note: Kittens do not get their vote counted.

Reminder: This portion of Phase Two takes place directly after Phase One, when the TreeClan patrol has returned to report to their leaders about the StoneClan intruders.

1. Sunflight (belloblossom)
2. Riversong (NatiStorm)
3. Fogmoth (NatiStorm)
4. Mapleshade (NatiStorm)
5. Lightningdash (belloblossom)
6. Pinedapple (belloblossom)
7. Sprucetail (belloblossom)
8. Dustfeather (belloblossom)
9. Branchtail (belloblossom)
10. Dappleleaf (belloblossom)
11. Mudripple (belloblossom)
12. Moosetracks (belloblossom)
13. Brackencloud (kovak)
14. Maplepaw (kovak)
15. Nutpelt (PeterPan_da144)
16. Viperfang (PeterPan_da144)
17. Strongclaw (PeterPan_da144)
18. Tigerpaw (PeterPan_da144)
19. Honeypaw (LiveWire)
20. Poplarpaw (Umbrefox)
21. Errol (Blinded By Silence)
22. Talonfang (Blinded By Silence)

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
((For TreeClan Cats - Your cat may cast their vote: A - Invade StoneClan and demand answers, today. B - Let the prey stealing go; it could be a one-time offense. C - If they invade again, go to war with StoneClan or D - Suggest an alternative option. Please underline your cat's vote when they make it in their reply!))

When Branchtail's patrol had returned and pulled Sunflight from the Nursery, she'd been a little irritated - her mate had just had kits, for goodness sake! Couldn't she be allowed some time without being asked questions. However, once she heard the news about why she'd been called away, she thanked her patrol, poked her head back into the Nursery to inform Riversong that she was calling a Clan meeting and to find someone watch the kits, because the deputy needed to be present, and then she took to the Old Oak.

She climbed onto the Leader's Branch - a tall branch on the Old Oak where she was easily visible by her Clan, and where she could in turn see the entirety of the Nest below and surrounding her. Raising her voice in a yowl, she called out the summons for a Clan meeting.
"All cats old enough to walk among the trees, heed my call and take to the branches!"

She sat back on the branch, sturdy and steady as the Old Oak it grew from as she watched her Clan gather. When enough warriors and apprentices had come into the branches of the trees that encircled the Nest, she began again.

"StoneClan has intruded upon our borders! They come not seeking peace or to speak with me, but to steal our prey! We were fortunate this time, for Branchtail and his patrol were able to drive them out and our prey was retrieved. However, this poses the next question - how should we handle this offense?" She paused, looking around to her Clanmates. She spotted her kits, now grown warriors with their own kits, among the branches. Other faces she saw loners and kittypets who had joined and committed themselves to being loyal to the Clan. She wanted to smile at them all, to tell them that she would figure this out herself and that they could rely on her to fix this, but... That wouldn't be fair to them. Sunflight had always wanted cats to have a say, to speak their peace and to have a chance to express themselves. With her next suggestion, she was especially determined to let others have a say.

"StoneClan has never acted this way before, but I do not wish for them to do so again. We could go to their camp now, demanding answers, or we could wait and hope that this was a one off and that they've learned their lesson. There is a third option, too, which is that if StoneClan invades our territory again with the bad intentions, that we show them that prey theft has consequences. We would go to battle with them." She scanned over the many faces of her Clanmates. "I will hear out your thoughts on the matter, before I come to a decision. If you have other ideas on how to proceed that weren't suggested, you may do so now, as well." She concluded and waved her paw as a signal that any cat could voice their views on the matter at paw. Curling her tail around the branch, she glanced below at the Nursery log - had Riversong come up to join her yet or had she stayed with the kits? @NatiStorm @Blinded By Silence @I--LiveWire--I @PeterPan_da144 @kovak @Umbrefox

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D

Branchtail had come home feeling the age he was in every step, yet adrenaline from their encounter with the StoneClan cats drove him forward. He reported to Sunflight the moment he found her, still in the Nursery with her mate and kits and was pleased to see her take charge of the situation. It didn't give him time to go search for his own mate, Nutpelt, but she would know soon enough. Instead, he turned to his daughter, Poplarpaw and touched his nose to her forehead.
"You were very brave today." He mewed. "Let's get into the branches, Sunflight has called for the meeting and we must heed her call. After the meeting, we can get you something to eat." He purred to her, and started up the nearest tree.

As Sunflight spoke, Branchtail nodded to her, ready to speak if he was called upon to give a public report of the patrol and to speak about his experience with the StoneClan apprentice named Snarlpaw and her Clanmates. However, instead, Sunflight made suggestions of what they might do. A younger Branchtail would've immediately jumped to storming into StoneClan - StarClan knew that he'd even volunteer to go there himself. But with Poplarpaw and her siblings at the front of his mind, he voiced a different opinion.

"I say... if it happens again, then we'll fight and we'll fight well. But... if this was just a pawful of apprentices acting out, then we shouldn't raise hackles over it." He spoke loudly, so that others could hear him speak his piece. @Umbrefox

((Branchtail is choosing option C.))

PeterPan_da144

Stew Aficionado
D
Supporter

Viperfang had followed half a step behind Branchtail, almost running into him from behind as he paused at the nursery for Sunflight. She would have forced her way in, had she not been given a stern look by her mother from the side - Hawk had been in camp when they all came racing in, and was intent on keeping their leader and deputy from being disturbed. Viperfang narrowed her eyes and lashed her tail, before preemptively hauling herself up into the trees to wait. Sure enough, Sunflight was soon out, calling the clan together for a meeting.

After Sunflight spoke, and Branchtail raised his opinion, a hiss slipped past her lips. "The clans are all so new here still. I was born into it, and while I don't think outsiders necessarily bring harm to the clan - as ours have been loyal and learning thus far - I think that StoneClan should be taught a lesson before they can even think about stealing our prey again." Her tail continued to lash, eyes slitted heavily as she looked up to their leader. "It was these outsiders that StoneClan has been taking in in large numbers that entered our territory. They should be taught how the clan works, and if StoneClan isn't going to teach their new members the ways of the clan, we should show them what happens when the Warrior Code is unheeded."

((Viperfang chooses option A.))

PeterPan_da144

Stew Aficionado
D
Supporter

Nutpelt herself had returned from a hunting patrol not too long after Branchtail and his patrol returned. She had gone the opposite direction to hunt while they patrolled the borders, and had trotted into camp with a large squirrel dangling from her jaws, alongside her son, Tigerpaw. He had done well on the hunting patrol, too. So when Sunflight was hailing the clan, Nutpelt scrambled to find her mate amongst the branches. Eyes wide in confusion, she would slide up next to him. "What happened?" her voice was low, but Sunflight almost immediately followed that up with the information.

The ginger she-cat studied their leader for a moment, drinking in Branchtail's words, followed by the young Viperfang. "That's the thing, though, Viperfang." She spoke up, standing and stepping forward on her branch slightly. Watching the younger she-cat for a moment. "It is true that all the clans have been strengthening their numbers since we came here and split from one to three. But the entire clan should not be punished for the actions of a few cats. Perhaps this was just a one time offense of these new apprentices, who hoped to show their clan their worth." Her voice was calm as she spoke.

"I think we should let it go. It sounds like a bunch of young cats just looking to prove their worth, and they are sure to be reprimanded upon returning home, much as we would do to our own. I'm sure Sunseer will be able to get it under control." Nutpelt nodded her head sagely as she turned back to look at Sunflight, then sat back down on her branch.

((Nutpelt chooses option B.))

PeterPan_da144

Stew Aficionado
D
Supporter

Large paws carried the apprentice into the Nest, placing his catch down onto the fresh-kill pile. He'd caught a fat squirrel like his mother, as well as a plump thrush. Tigerpaw would find himself something to eat from the pile later, after the rest of the clan ate, and swung his large head towards his leader amongst the branches. With a slow blink, the young tom would make his way up the tree, small splinters of bark showering down as he hauled himself up. He was still an apprentice, but he was getting big.

Huffing lightly, he sought out a thick branch that would not sway beneath his newfound weight. The striped tom had been hunting more amongst the roots than the branches these days, as he was terrified the branches would not hold him. So once he was certain he was sturdy, his tail curled around the branch for security - as if it could actually help him pull himself back up- he would listen intently to the discussion.

"I agree, in a sense, with my mother." His voice rumbled forth, making him sound older than he really was. "There is a strong chance this is just a one time thing. However, I believe it would be good to have ourselves ready in case it happens again. A fight with the other clans should be avoided at all costs. We are all still so new and young to this place, even those of us who were born into the clans. We are all getting our paws steady and learning the lay of the land. But if this happens again, we should be ready to go straight to Sunseer and speak to him. Actions may speak louder than words, but I see no reason to sharpen our claws and ready to fight over something that the younger cats don't seem to understand fully."

((Tigerpaw chooses option D by agreeing with Option C, but with the caveat that they don't immediately attack StoneClan if it happens again. That they should talk to StoneClan first if a second offense happens.))

Umbrefox

Veteran
D
Poplarpaw arrived with the rest of her patrol to report what occurred to Sunflight and Riversong. She let out a little chuckle when the serious Viperfang almost crashed into her father. When her mother and brother arrived after their own patrol, she was happy to see them but patiently waited for her turn to speak to Sunflight. Then it was her turn before Sunflight.

"That Snarlpaw seemed to have a big ego and was quite shameless, so I doubt she'd report her transgression to Sunseer. As she didn't let the other acts speak, she is probably the mastermind behind this little stunt. Definitely thinks herself smarter and sneakier than she actually is." Poplarpaw paused. "I think we should inform Sunseer and leave him with the ultimatum if he can't keep his clan mates in check and that if this happens again, there will be consequences. I think it is unfair to suddenly invade if he has no clue that an agreement was violated and not had time to fix that mistake, it would make us look like the aggressors. If he already knows and he is remediating things, good. Then, we can let it go as a one time thing," Poplarpaw finished.

(Chooses option D but agrees with a mix of B and C)

Last edited:

NatiStorm

Grizzled Veteran
D

As Sunflight rushed out of the nursery to call the meeting, Riversong looked to Softfeather and asked if the other nursing she-cat would watch her three little ones for a moment. After pushing her precious little kits over to Softfeather, Riversong rushed out of the nursery and into the branches to take her place alongside Sunflight as her deputy. Listening to her leader and clanmates, Riversong could feel her heart sink in her chest. Another clan stealing their prey was not something to be ignored. Why had Sunseer and Skysong allowed this? It didn't matter if these cats were born into the clan or not. It was up to StoneClan's leaders to properly teach the cats in their clan about the rules and they clearly hadn't done so.

"I personally would like to have a word with StoneClan's leader and deputy. They obviously are taking in cats without teaching them respect for boundaries and I want to know why. I say we should walk in there right now and demand to know why they are lapsing on training their clan members." Riversong said confidently, turning to look at Sunflight as she spoke. "Ultimately, we can not let this continue. If it does, I agree that we should teach StoneClan a lesson in respect."

War with StoneClan was the last thing Riversong wanted but she would not let her clan be disrespected like this more than once. If the leaders of StoneClan didn't know what was going on with their own members then that was their fault and they would all pay the price for it.

((Riversong votes A, invade and demand answers first but also feels strongly towards C))

NatiStorm

Grizzled Veteran
D

Fogmoth was confused by many of his clanmates reactions. It wasn't like this StoneClan patrol had accidently wander in. The whole reason they marked the territory boundries was to let other cats know where they could and could not hunt, right? He hadn't been born into the clan but the rule of 'only hunt on your clan's land' was pretty self explanatory and easy to remember, especially with the scent markers.

"Regardless of reason, those cats knew they were crossing our boarders to hunt." He said quietly. "If they do not want to respect our boarders and cross them to steal our prey again, we should teach them the errors of their ways." He wasn't a violent cat but he wouldn't stand for another clan stealing prey that was rightfully theirs.

((Fogmoth votes C - Go to war if it happens again.))

NatiStorm

Grizzled Veteran
D

The pregnant Mapleshade hauled herself up into the branches to sit beside her feisty she lover, Viperfang. She could tell that her lover was in a foul mood and soon heard why. StoneClan was stealing prey from their lands? Oh, that was not good at all! Mapleshade made no attempt to calm Viperfang as the other she-cat spoke her mind on the matter and she nodded along with her lovers words.

"I agree with Viperfang. We should go put an end to this matter now before it gets worse!" She said looking around at her clan before looking to her mothers. Their clan was growing and they would need all the prey they could find come leaf bare. StoneClan should not be allowed to step one paw over their boarders ever again!

((Mapleshade votes A - invade and demand answers!))

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D

Sprucetail had joined up into the trees with her other Clanmates and when her sister, her pregnant sister, spoke such a rash opinion, she turned to Mapleshade, her expression a mix of anger and shock.
"You have kits in your belly that you should be hoping to protect in ways that keep conflict from our Clan, not rushing in headlong and potentially endangering them!" She hissed at her. Turning her gaze to her own mother, she voiced a very different opinion from her sibling.

"Sunflight, we cannot go into this with hotheads. There are mothers and kits to protect in the camp. This is the first time that StoneClan has ever done any wrong by us. Rather than turn to anger immediately, let's let it rest. If it happens again... then fine, we send our warriors in to handle it, but I don't want to run the risk of StoneClan cats seeing our aggressive demands for attitude and decide themselves to react violently." She shook her head and looked to Mapleshade and her mate, Viperfang. "Let's leave this be, until we know it's a bigger issue, for the sake of the vulnerable in our Nest."

((Sprucetail is voting for C!))

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D

Pinedapple sat back on his haunches and listened to the concerns brought to the leader and to the camp. Green eyes moved to look at his sisters, Mapleshade and Sprucetail. Of course Sprucetail would be hyperaware of the kits and mothers in the camp, after what she'd gone through with her own litter. He understood Mapleshade's need for answers today, too, though he didn't share her enthusiasm for justice.

Opening his jaws in a yawn, he turned to Sunflight.
"I don't see why we have to do anything at all, really." He admitted. "If it's as reported by the patrol
members, then it was a couple apprentices showing one another up - nothing to be worried about. Branchtail and his patrol taught them that our fields are still on our territory and I doubt they'll come back at all."
He shrugged. "Let's carry on with our own lives. They wouldn't dare stage another patrol after the scare we gave them today." He added.

Apprentices tried to be bolder than they were, but now that they'd been caught once, they were undoubtedly running back to their mentors with their ears ducked, the mouse-hearts. With a shrug he turned his gaze to the next speaker and so on. So many voices in the trees and all this fuss over a few apprentices with an attitude problem.

((Pinedapple is voting for B!))

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D

Lightningdash was never very good at sitting still, so this meeting was practically torture for her. Pity be to the cats who sat on her branch, because it was practically shaking under her. She couldn't stop fidgeting! When the mention of a vote came around and one of the options was to leave to go somewhere immediately, she didn't even listen to the other options.

"Yes, let's go! I'll go get ready!" She mewed and was halfway down the trunk of the tree before someone was able to stop her. Rolling her eyes, she sunk her claws into the trunk and made her way back up, higher, into the branches. She couldn't get higher than Sunflight's branch, she knew that much, but she could still go as high up as she was allowed. Her new branch swayed under her weight, but she could feel a breeze rustling through her fur and that helped... a little.

((Lightningdash is voting for option A!))

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D

Dustfeather was getting old - he was older even than Branchtail, if only by four moons or so. The thought of going in and demanding answers from StoneClan felt exhausting - like the actions of a brash-headed apprentice. Actually....

"Ironically, if we barge right into StoneClan's camp demanding answers, that feels like the very idea a group of willful apprentices would have." He mewed. "We'd be lowering ourselves to their level. Are we warriors or aren't we?" He added, glancing at the faces who'd voted for that option. "Let's bide our time. Send out more patrols along the borders. If they try anything, we'll know and we'll put a stop to it once and for all. Until then, there's no use getting our tails in a twist over the kit-like antics of an excitable warrior to-be."

((Dustfeather is voting for Option C!))

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D

Mudripple looked to the apprentices who had spoken. One of them, Poplarpaw, seemed to be particular incensed - perhaps she'd gone on the patrol? Still... the way she spoke about the cats involved from the StoneClan side, it sounded like the young apprentice was assuming a lot about how StoneClan would react.

"We can't act based on assumptions." She called to her leader. "We can speculate why StoneClan's apprentices came for our prey, or if they'll do it again, or all the intricacies of their lives and reactions." She shot a pointed look at Poplarpaw as she added. "But we cannot predict the future this way. Unless SunClan has shown any of us a sign that has yet to be shared - we shouldn't act or assume without proof." She raised her eyes to Nutpelt and to Branchtail, the parents of the outspoken apprentice. Flicking her ears, she turned her gaze to Sunflight.

"Let's wait to see what happens next. If Branchtail and his patrol did their jobs, then we won't have to worry about another attack or theft. If StoneClan comes back with another patrol, then we'll put them in their place once and for all. Until then, it's best to carry on, lest we invite more unfortunate events into TreeClan." She concluded.

((Mudripple is voting for Option C!))

Blinded By Silence

Grizzled Veteran
D
"Oh we did our job, Mudripple, don'tcha worry 'bout that." Talonfang said with a smirk and a roll of his eyes as he took his spot on a branch by himself, "Did it good an' right, too. It was just a bunch o'stupid paws doin' dumb shit," His eyes flick to his leader, "Mind my language, but ya know how they get."

He'd look out at the group of cats, "We all did somethin' stupid at some point, tryin'ta look big an' bad. Fer our leader, or some she-cat. That's all this was." He nonchalantly stretches his torn ear with a hind paw, "Now they know this ain't the place fer it. They wanna come back, act all big? Then we treat'em like they're big. Simple as that."

((Talonfang votes for Option C!))

I--LiveWire--I

Grizzled Veteran
D

Honeypaw was still trying to still her whirling thoughts and emotions as she settled in among the branches with enough surefootedness she hoped her mentor would be proud of. She found herself scanning the gathering of cats as Sunflight addressed them all.
As she listened to the thoughts of her clanmates she felt more and more conflicted. Her claws still itched for a fight but she tried to quash that part of her reaction as though she genuinely was appalled by their actions she well knew that her desire was more selfish. She still wanted to prove herself a loyal and valuable asset and this was pushing her towards aggression that she wasn't sure she liked.
However, based on many of her clan mates responses the need and desire to lay down the law, so to speak, was definitely not a minority.
She gathered her thoughts but still hesitated a long while before speaking up herself. She felt inadequate and both too new to clan life and the clan itself to give valuable input. She however finally did speak up, bolstering herself as she set her face in stubbornness and spoke her small piece. For if these stone clan apprentices had a similar desire as her to prove themselves she was certain that having broken the code once they were certain to do it again if not shut down definitively.
"I don't think it is wise to leave it alone and let them think what they have done is a small thing." She hesitated a moment before continuing. "I got the feeling from seeing and listening to the invader's words they are seeking to stand out. In a group of what I assume was all paws willing to go this far they are likely to repeat the offense." She glanced about trying to see if she had overstepped but continued with her final opinions on the matter.
"So waiting around for them to do so seems ill advised. I think confronting their leadership would be best to assure the message gets across without bloodshed." She hoped that such action would assure that they took breaking the code and protecting their land seriously. While at the same time not leaping into violence against a clan that had a good relation with theirs until now.

((She thinks option A to be the best action))

PeterPan_da144

Stew Aficionado
D
Supporter

He had come in late to the meeting, rushing up the trunk after Lightningdash as she was told that it wasn't over yet. The large tom hauled himself up beside her, though sat closer to the trunk so as to not drag the branch down too much. His tail swayed behind him as he listened, brow furrowing. So many cats had spoken up so far... Though none of them seemed to be hostile towards the outsiders in their own group. Thank goodness. He would have been in big trouble if they had...

Strongclaw flexed his claws into the bark beneath him as he stretched out some so he could be heard. Not that his strong yet low voice wasn't already easy to hear. "I think Talonfang is right, among others." He shifted slightly, nervous now that more eyes were on him.

"I'm a great example of a cat who came into the clan without much thought on it, doing whatever I could to prove I was worth it." He had been stubborn and fiery from the get go, his size and personality taking the brunt of everything. "It was with your teachings that I learned that leaping into things paw first is more dangerous than pausing and thinking things through. That not everything is about physical strength, but mental strength as well. We all must learn, whether we are born into the clan or not, and I think this is a great chance for the apprentices to learn and grow."

"If they come back, it is clear they have not learned, and that their leadership needs to be notified. Until then, perhaps it would be wiser for us to continue on as we have." The strong tom shyly pulled himself back, kneading the branch beneath him self consciously.

((Strongclaw votes C with the caveat that they approach diplomatically if it happens again))​

Blinded By Silence

Grizzled Veteran
D
The overweight old tom huffed and puffed as he made his way up the stupid tree to his rightful and, honestly, well-earned spot beneath the leader and deputy of the clan. How dare they -- huff puff -- start this without him! Did they think he'd have nothing to say just because he wasn't a brute, a ruffian? Sun above why was this tree so damn tall!

He dramatically threw himself up over the tiresome branch and, fur bristling and puffed up, gave quite the indignant snort.

"I'll have you know," He declared with a voice of authority he did not deserve, "Those of you wishing to-- to--" Errol puffed, both from exasperation and exhaustion, "To have this silly, childish discourse come to blows, to claws and blood, over food that, truthfully, we do not need, well, it is absolutely selfish of you!" He thrust his nose high into the air, looking down on the rest of his clan with disapproval, "I am one cat! You are many. I do not, and will not, have the time, patience, nor herbs, to save you from a battle we can so easily avoid!" Another groan of impatience. Honestly, were these warriors or kits he was dealing with?

"As your Medicine Cat, your only Medicine Cat, mind you, I pray to this SunClan of yours that you lot realize there are more ways to solve a situation than to simply beat it into submission. Honestly." He begins to groom himself, flattening his ruffled fur. His voice lowered as he addressed his leader, probably the only cat he held any real respect for. Poor thing was probably just riled up from all the hormones, new kits and all that nastiness. "You are too intelligent, Sunflight, to entertain these barbaric ideas. If you must settle your mind, do it now, and do it peacefully. You are above them. Quite literally."

((Errol is voting D; a Diplomatic approach.))

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D

Sunflight looked from each of her cats who had spoken up, meeting their gazes and listening to their thoughts one by one. She looked to the cats who didn't speak up, too, and eventually all of her Clanmates fell quiet, waiting for her to make the decree. She thought of her mate and deputy, who wanted to spring into action, which echoed the sentiment of quite a few of her Clanmates, it seemed. There were a few among them who urged her for a diplomatic approach, like her medicine cat, or to let it go entirely, like her son, Pinedapple.

Yet, the majority who had voiced their opinion seemed to be that they would let this first time offense, (and hopefully, SunClan willing, the last time, go and to initiate conflict or diplomacy if StoneClan should intrude upon their territory again.

"Thank you everyone who has voiced your opinions and shared your ideas during this discussion." She called out. "I've come to the decision, after listening to all of you, that we shall let this be for the time being. Let's hope that these apprentices who come crossing our borders have gotten any mischeif out of their hearts. However, as a precautionary step, I will be assigning extra patrols to keep a closer watch over the StoneClan border for the next two moons. If StoneClan's cats, regardless of their age, choose to trespass on our territory again, we shall go into their camp and demand answers from them in that moment." Sunflight took a breath, willing her expression to show as certain in the face of her Clanmates. "If any one has any further commentary, they may seek a private audience with me. Otherwise, this meeting is dismissed!" With that, she jumped from the Leader's Branch to one lower, signalling physically too, that the meeting had concluded. Signaling with her tail for Riversong to follow her, she turned her attention to Errol.

"Errol, please come and speak with me. I would seek your counsel, if you'll give it to me." She incinerated to the tomcat's herb den. "Let's speak in your den, this time." The smell of fresh herbs did much to calm Sunflight's nerves. Between Errol, herself and Riversong, Sunflight hoped that they'd be able to figure out a plan, if StoneClan did go awry and trespass again.

SunClan, please, let the actions of today be the actions of some foolhardy apprentices and nothing more. She thought as she began to descend further to ground level.