Discussions:

Latest posts

Group events

Pokémon Expeditions

[Mini Meta][PRP][Finish]

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
Vi stretched out as she finished moving a load of rubble back to the group in charge of sorting any usable metal from the refuge. Ugh, this was becoming more then a work out then she expected. She had saw a few more pokemon then she thought she would though. Some she expected and some had been a surprise and a lot of trainers. It seemed like every trainer was out here, like so many durant to move the rubbish away and return the island back to pristine.

Well as close as they possible could get.

Last edited:

PeterPan_da144

Stew Aficionado
D
Supporter
Gingko and Artemis had both been out along the beach the second that it was deemed safe enough for them to do so. Gingko would have been out there earlier, but there were so many security precautions... So now, the pair were out and helping with everything they could. Both were very adamant about keeping Nauwill as pristinely unique and uninfluenced by invasive species for as long as they could. And since there was no idea what was already on Nauwill...

There was no telling what could spill out from the wreckages and invade the island that might not have already been there. Plus, they didn't want to see the natural population explode anyway and the region be unable to sustain itself any longer.

Gingko's excitement brought him further and further from Artemis, until he could no longer see or hear her. Not that he was paying much attention anyway. The blond was flashing through the wreckage, turning over any piece he could manage to, and helping to track down all of the Poke'mon that had spilled across the beach. A number of research balls already held Rattatas, stowed away in his bag at his hip.

A little wheeze left him as he climbed to the top of a small pile of rubble, hand going to wipe sweat from his brow. "Wow, there are so many!" A big grin came across his face as he looked out over the large group of people moving around. The closest person caught his attention, and he scurried down the pile. "Hello!" A hand was extended to them. "My name is Gingko." He had introduced himself to pretty much everyone he had passed by already. This wouldn't be out of the norm for him.

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
"Hi..." Vi said, surprised and blinked slowly at the energetic blond child? Teenager? Suddenly appeared in her face. Too much energy, someone had to reduce their sugar content. "I'm Vi," she said finally introducing herself, taking the hand in a shake. "Did you need something?" She added, eyeing him. Were they lost?

Or just the personification of sunshine and rainbows and lets go, go, go WHEE. She had worked with some people like that before. She wondered if she could get him to do most of the heavy lifting for her. That was an opportunity.

PeterPan_da144

Stew Aficionado
D
Supporter
"Nice to meet you, Vi!" The grin remained on his face as he glanced around, before his gaze came back to the slightly taller young woman. Only a few inches difference was had between the two of them. Gingko was barely 5 foot 3, which didn't help him to come across as the adult he was.

"Oh! Sorry! I didn't mean to interrupt," he would laugh a little, rubbing the back of his head. "I've been told that I have a tendency to just run up and interrupt people a lot. I've been searching all day for the Poke'mon that washed up after the shipwreck to help make sure they aren't invasive or intruding on the land." Gingko nodded a few times, gazing back out over the beach.

"Have you found many? I've mostly found Rattata, though I've seen a few people find some Pikipek and a Lapras or two. Weird how the Lapras are getting washed up too... Perhaps they got knocked out by some of the wreck pieces and... that's what happened." He was finally frowning, a hand rubbing his chin in thought. It was obvious he was more disturbed by that. "I hope they weren't hurt too bad..."

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
"They might have just became curious, Lapras is a very gentle pokemon. They might have been attracted to the wreckage to seek survivors." Vi answered,blinking down at the kid. "They are likely native if they are showing up, an uncharted island would be good for them as a nesting ground for their young." And wasn't that an idea to look into. Could nauwhil be a Lapras breeding ground?

"The Rattata are likely invasive, they are very well known for catching rides on ships and other transports to be carried from place to place." She paused. "A few rattata's, a few pidoves. Mostly I been clearing the trash to make sure they can't hide."

PeterPan_da144

Stew Aficionado
D
Supporter
"You are right on that," he would wave a hand at the comment of Lapras being gentle. "I wonder if you are correct in that, that this has become a breeding ground for them." The gears were turning so fast. "They were almost extinct up until a few years back, maybe longer? I don't really remember when, but I know that humans have been working on increasing their numbers again. If there were any wild ones still remaining, coming to an island such as this, with zero human interaction, could possibly help them repopulate on their own. I'm not overtly familiar with Lapras and their breeding specifically. They are unfortunately not a Poke'mon I have had much chance to study."

"There is no doubt in my mind the Rattata are a result of the wreckage. As you stated, they are very well known for catching rides, and have often come to new regions in swarms. It is incredibly likely that is where they and the Pidoves came from, and likely the Pikipek too, though I've found Pikipek and Pidove to both be here on the island before this." Several nods came from him, other hand going back to his chin.

"Good! Clearing the trash will likely flush them out better for us to catch so they don't overrun the local population." He spotted a particularly cute little Rattata nearby. Orange and striped. Interesting! A Research Ball was hyucked in its direction, hoping to catch it off guard as it scuttled amongst the wreckage.

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
Yeah... she had just said all that? Vi shook her head, brushing back a dread that had gotten loose from the hair tie. "Yeah, you go and do that kiddo," She said, turning back to the crate pieces she had been collecting. She pushed it with a foot, eyeing it suspiciously before lifting it up out of the sands. Ughh, gritty. She tucked it under an arm and grabbed a scrap of tarp, heading back to the truck set up to haul the trash back where it needed to go. She tossed it in, wiping sand from her hands.

PeterPan_da144

Stew Aficionado
D
Supporter
At first, he would laugh and nod. He had found a fellow Poke' fanatic soul amongst those now on Nauwill! But then... they called him kiddo. "Hey!" His face would turn slightly sour. "Did you just call me a kid?" There was a huffy puffiness to his cheeks. "I'll have you know, I'm in my early thirties, and am fully an adult! Not a kid!" A little stamp of his foot, and then he'd haul up a piece of crate into each arm, tucking them under his armpits and dragging them along behind him. The Research Ball was scooped up after he reached it, dropping a crate piece to do so, before he hauled it back up.

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
"Mmhm, that so?" Vi questioned. No way in distortion this kid was older then her. "Is there someone that going to be looking for you?" She questioned. If he wasn't a kid, that didn't mean he didn't have someone that was in charge of him. Mentor, caretaker, etc. He certainly was lacking on any maturity at being supposedly thirty something. The little temper tantrum wasn't helping his image.

"Cause I think you should go back to mummy and cry in her bosom on how the mean grad student treated you." Vi snarked. "If you are really thirty, grow a pair."

PeterPan_da144

Stew Aficionado
D
Supporter
"Excuse me?!" He was completely baffled at the way they spoke back to him. Though it reminded him...

A laugh burst forth from him as he dropped his crate pieces just beside where the other was taking them. He would continue to laugh for a few moments, more, before wiping at his teary eyes. "Aaahhh, you remind me so much of my partner! She is likely looking for me, so you aren't entirely wrong." He would continue to wipe at them before placing his glasses back on his face, letting out a long breath.

"Sometimes it really gets to me that people think I am a kid just because I'm short, though I can see how my personality might also give them the same first impression." He would shrug his shoulders and wipe his hands on his cargo pants, before fishing in a pocket. Out came two Poke'balls, which he then tossed up gently and released two Poke'mon.

A Jolteon with a scarred up side, and a Flareon missing one of their front paws. Both of them let out little cries of excitement and nearly bowled him over, to which he laughed more.

"Artemis and I come from Almia, and we run a rather successful sanctuary for injured or abandoned Poke'mon. These two were unable to be re-released into the wild, and as such, have become my companions. I can assure you, as immature or over energetic as I may seem, I am indeed an adult."

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
What the heck was the kid just going to battle her for some trash talk.. nope, not with those pokemon. Vi lifted a brow and snorted. "What, is your feel good story suppose to impress me? Good for you at being successful. Hopefully the place you abandoned isn't going to shit without your leadership."

PeterPan_da144

Stew Aficionado
D
Supporter
"We didn't abandon it," he would reply. A few pats to the Flareon and Jolteon, and he would speak to them softly about helping to clean up. The pair would playfully hop away, staying well within eyesight of him. "We left many capable hands behind to keep it going." There was another little shrug.

"Whether you are impressed or not, that's up to you. I was... Still hoping to show I am, in fact, an adult," he would laugh sheepishly. "But if you believe me or not, that's also on you." Eyes lit up as he spotted someone in the distance, and then he would smile and wave. Artemis, in all her tall and authoritative glory, had finally found him thanks to him slowing down enough to speak with Vi.

Artemis lingered nearby, eyeballing him, to which he just gave a huge grin to. Then turned back to Vi. "If I have upset you in some way, I sincerely apologize, and will happily move on to another section of the beach to clean."

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
"Ooh honey, you couldn't upset me if you tried. But nothing you have done proves your an adult in anyway. More like showing off... and I think your minder is here." She looked over at Artemis and gave a simple wave and pointed at Ginko mouthing at her to come and get him

"But yeah, probably for the best. Have a good time chasing rattata before they eat something they shouldn't."

PeterPan_da144

Stew Aficionado
D
Supporter
"Oh..." He seemed crestfallen at that. It wasn't his intent to come off in such a way...

Artemis was there quickly. She looked pointedly down at Gingko, towering over both Vi and him. "He isn't bothering you with his incessant and boundless energy, is he?" she would ask of Vi, looking up to them. Her gaze was incredibly neutral as she looked Vi over. Calculating.

"Ah, I think I was bothering her, dear," he would laugh, moving over to take Artemis' hand. "I intruded on her efforts to clean. Perhaps we should move along."

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
Okay, that was weird. Were they siblings or married. Vi looked at Artemis and shrugged a shoulder. "Perhaps you should," Vi said simply. "Plenty of beach for us all. Lots of stuff to clean." She nodded to the wreckage. "Not to mention rattata's to catch."

PeterPan_da144

Stew Aficionado
D
Supporter
Tilting her head lightly, Artemis acknowledged Vi's words. "You got that right," she would chuckle, though it was monotoned, and her face barely changed. "I'm sorry for my partner's behavior. He can be quite enthusiastic and not think about how others might react to him sometimes."

Gingko flushed lightly and opened his mouth, only to turn at the bark of his Flareon lumbering over with a small Rattata in its mouth. "Good job," he would say softly, kneeling beside the Flareon to take the shivering thing - who was completely unharmed, just terrified - into his arms. He would hold it just so, so that it couldn't run, and began to pet it gently. "Shh, shh, it's okay," Gingko would croon gently to it.

"His heart is far bigger than he is," Artemis would say with a light teasing tone, watching him the whole time. Soft barks alerted her to the Umbreon and Espeon pair who showed up, the Umbreon slightly lighter than typical, and the Espeon had an almost crinkled look to them with the way the white showed through on their purple pelt.

"We would be more than happy to help you in this area, if you would like. Most of the other areas we have been to so far are nearly spotless."

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
"Ooh, ooh no. I'm good. This is awkward enough without you staying around here and making it worst," Vi said bluntly. Nope, did not want. She wasn't so usually forward and was just going to blame it on the lack of caffeine buzz for the moment. "I can manage, and or get other people to help... that aren't going to make it weird to work with."

PeterPan_da144

Stew Aficionado
D
Supporter
Artemis would watch them for a moment longer, then nod with the tiniest of smiles. "Keep up with that honesty. It's a great way to combat someone like him." She would point towards Gingko, who had already wandered off a distance away from them, before she would bow her head slightly.

"It was nice to meet you." And with that, she would turn and slowly follow along where Gingko went. The Umbreon raced ahead, while the Espeon stayed at her side.

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
"A pleasure, bye." Vi called, waving half hardheartedly before focusing on her part of beach to clean. She focus on tackling the broken crates, and would move from there to get the rest.