Group events

Pokémon Expeditions

[ORP] First Reactions [Done]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zakiax

Stew Aficionado
D
USED for Amateur rank up for Zakiax Firebane!

Not yet used for other participants!

A rp where the Trainers receive their starter pokemon in this new region and react to them accordingly.

Anyone can join in at any time. If i feel the rp is settling to a close i'll notify everyone to make a wrap up post and then finish out the rp.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
Today had been a great day, Lan had received his starter and she was gorgeous! He had ended up nicknaming her Christmas after his own left behind christmas cactus since her skin was the same color as the blooms. Very, very pink. He had known what he had wanted the moment they had told him he couldn't bring his succulents.

And now he just had a pink living one. Kennedy had already proclaimed her excitement for the small grass type before going to finish up fixing up their room. He should be returning but he just really wanted to show off his starter to other people. Also to see what his twin had received! So he waited for Lang just a bit outside, a pink bulbasuar in his grip as he hummed to himself.

Zakiax

Stew Aficionado
D
Zak had received his torchic today and honestly he was totally confused with the color of it. It was blue, not the normal orange he was used to. But that was not the only thing he noticed about the torchic that was different from ones he was used to. This one was a bit more fluffy then the normal orange torchics, and quite colder to the touch.

The male held the Torchic he named Rain Drop in his arms well tried to the bird kept struggling to get out, its naughty nature showing through. Zakiax was on his way back to the dorms, wondering if the other starters were the same as this one. Different from the forms they normally knew.

To the fire and dragon researcher it intrigued him and he wanted to make some observations of his new torchic right away. But someone was waiting outside the dorm building holding something pink in their arms. Wait? Was that the bulbasaur? It defiantly had some characteristics of one but also did not have some that he was used to. And it was Pink not green.

"Excuse me!" he called out trying to get their attention while still trying to hold onto his own struggling starter. "Is that a bulbasaur?" he questioned quite the confused look upon his face.

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
"Mmh? Well you are certainly not my twin," Lan said dryly, turned to look at other trainer and then at the struggling ball of fluff. "Ooh my, is that a blue torchic?" Fascinating! He shifted his hold on Christmas so he could lift her up securely so the other could get a better look.

"Look Christmas, another pokemon. Maybe you're hatch sibs." He grinned at the torchic before finally paying attention to Zak. "Ahh, yes. She is, and a lovely shade of rich pink and the softness of the yellow of her blossoms flowing from her bulb perfect complementary colors." He rubbed one of her darker pink spots.

"I'm sort of excited to see what a totodile looks like now." He admitted. "Have you seen them yet?"

Rano713

Grizzled Veteran
D
When Lang had gotten the call that his starter was ready he didn't know what to expect. There had been some basic care talk since this was his first pokemon, and some basic supplies provided and then they let him go. Some of the other trainers seemed confused at the looks of their pokemon, or maybe it was their personalities? Lang was just glad his torchic was quiet and calm. It had settled in his arms as gentle as could be and was looking around at everything as he carried it back to the dorms.

Just outside of it he could see his twin talking with someone else. It didn't look like Kennedy, and they too had a torchic in hand. Once Lang got close enough, he gave a one handed wave and took a second to check out the pokemon his twin was holding up.

"Hey, what'd you get?"

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
"Nauwill Bulbasaur, her name is Christmas," Lan proclaimed, holding her out to his twin so he could get a better look. "Did you get a Torchic? Did you name her? him yet?" Lan asked, moving over to get a better look at Lang's torchic.

"They look like they are sweet nature, did they tell you when you picked them up?" He questioned. They were so blue! It was adorable.

Zakiax

Stew Aficionado
D
Oh the other had been waiting for someone, and clearly not him. But the other did not brush him off but only started a conversation and held up their pokemon so he could get a better look.

"Indeed it is blue." he replied trying to keep the little ball of fluff under control. "their pink." he muttered still confused about the whole color differences of the starter pokemon here. "I have not seen a totodile yet, but now i'm curious as to what they look like after seeing these two." he replied.

Before he could introduce himself to the other the one they were obviously waiting for showed up. It seemed the other also had gotten a torchic like himself, however it seemed to have a calmer nature then his own, and a different shade of blue.

"My name is Zakiax, or Zak" He finally introduced himself interjecting himself into their conversation.

@Rano713 @Shaddaling

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
"I'm Lan, and this is my twin sibling Lang. We plot to confuse everyone with our similar names and looks." He said, cheerfully. "Spread some chaos." He tucked Christmas close to his body, letting the Pokemon extend her vines to cheerfully attempt to poke at the pair of chicks. "Bulba."

KisaValkyrie

Grizzled Veteran
D
Thrud walked around looking for someplace interesting to talk with some other trainers and meet new pokemon. Nezha, her tododile, at her feet walking along with her. He was quite modest by nature and didn't seem to mind if she carried him or didn't carry him and she wanted to make sure he could keep up. He seemed to have no problem with keeping pace as she walked around till she found a few other trainers. Twins and a male. Two torchic's and a bulbasaur. None of them normal colors anymore then her Nezha looked like a normal totodile. She pulled all of her multicolored hair over one shoulder and raised one tri-studded eyebrow at the others.

"Hello. Is this a meeting of new to the island trainers? Quite an interesting color combination of pokemon here." She said as Nezha sat at her feet, one front foot resting on Thrud's shoe as the pokemon looked up at her and then around at all the others. "Name is Thrud. Is it ok if I join you all?"

@Shaddaling @Zakiax @Rano713

Last edited:

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
"It is! And I don't care, I'm not the social police," Lan replied breezily, motioning Thrud to join them. "Show me your new pokemon child. Ooh is that them? Well that is the odd looking totodile! Brown, not blue like I'm use to." Lan peered at the newest pokemon, pleased. "I was hoping to see one."

Zakiax

Stew Aficionado
D
"Chic" Rain Drop still struggling Zak's arms, managed to scratch at the incoming vine trying to poke it with its talons. "Hey that's not nice, you are not suppose to hurt friends." Struggling against the torchic he pulled out its pokeball from his pocket and recalled it inside.

"I'm sorry little one" Zak spoke to the pink bulbasaur quite worried for it. "Did that hurt?" He pulled out a dratini patterned Band-Aid and placed it gently on the affected vine.

Zak was pretty distracted tending to the pink bulbasaur it took him a while to notice the new trainer approach. Lan mentioning a totodile did draw his attention away, his crimson eyes landing upon the new trainer and their brown totodile. Indeed it was an odd thing to see.

KisaValkyrie

Grizzled Veteran
D
Thrud looked over the others, the ones torchic seeming to be quite the handful. She did her best to smile, but it probably looked more like a grimace then anything. She looked down at her little brown totodile and smiled as they walked a little closer. "Yeah, it's unusual to say the least but I think it will be very handy when researching once the borders open up again. Blending in a bit better and all. Seems like a lot of the pokemon in this area don't come in normal colors." she said eyeing the pink bulba and the one remaining blue torchic. "Got a fiesty one there huh?" she asked watching Zak put a bandaid on the bulba. "My name is Thrud by the way. This is Nezha." she said as the brown totodile looked up at her and then around "Dile!" he said calmly as he sat at her feet again.

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
Christmas made a sharp noise of surprise but settled easy enough, peering up at Zak and coiled her vine around the other trainer wrist in thanks as he bandaged up the small scratch. She pulled back and waved cheerfully, not upset at the little scratch.

Lan looked down, lifting a brow at the bulbasaur. "That what you get for shoving your vines in other pokemon's faces, Christmas." He did crouch down to rub her head, chuckling as she playfully butted him in the chest. "Lan, the bulbasaur is Christmas."

"Those bandaids are adorable. You usually carry theme shit with you?" He questioned, catching the vine to look over the little dratini's decorating it.

Rano713

Grizzled Veteran
D
"Yeah they said she had a pretty docile nature. I'm just gonna call her Torchic," Lang looked over the bulbasaur as it was shoved into his face. Looked pretty pink. Nodding at the other guy, he rolled his eyes briefly at Lan's remark.

"We didn't plan to, you planned to try and confuse everyone." Torchic tilted their head at the vines before peeping. She was too sleepy to react much, just settling further in Lang's arms. Lang wasn't about to wave away people, especially since they were right in front of the dorms.

"I'm Lang, this is Torchic," he introduced himself to the newest trainer, lifting up the torchic to show her off. Glancing at the other pokemon, he saw how sharp their teeth looked and was glad he wouldn't have to deal with that.

KisaValkyrie

Grizzled Veteran
D
Thrud looked at the twin to the first who was holding the bulbasaur and thought it was funny that twins had such different interest in pokemon. She looked at the blueish bird and smiled. "Very nice! It's fascinating the different colors. Are they warm to the touch at all? Or only when they are upset?" she asked as she peered closer at the bird, but without touching. She glanced at the pink plant pokemon and smiled. "It's a very nice bandaid. I'm going to have to pick up some cute ones like that myself I think." she said glancing at the others. "I think a Bulbasaur might be my next attempted pokemon to get. Im a sucker for flowers." she said, her thumb hooked into her belt loop brushing her lotus tattoo. "This island seems like its going to be a very interesting place once we get out of lockdown." she said looking out the window.

Zakiax

Stew Aficionado
D
"Yeah Rain Drop is a bit feisty, he doesn't want to listen to me yet." He replied to Thrud. "But I'm sure we will work out the kinks eventually. My first charmander was the same, but now we have an understanding."

There was a brief pause as he almost blushed at Lan's comment. "Uh, just fire and dragon themed pokemon ones." he admitted. "I try to be a bit prepared."

"They are a bit cool to the touch." Zak replied to Thrud, "It is the main reason why I named mine Rain Drop. It reminded me of rain being blue and cold. I am quite curious myself to find what sort of natural habitat on the island they inhabit that made them so."

There was another pause as he fell a bit in thought, before speaking once more. "Would anyone be up for a pokemon battle? It may do Rain Drop some good."

Last edited:

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
"Ehh, I guess we could try a battle. It has been ages since i done the trainer thing." Lan said, thinking over when he last had a battle in a competiative playful way and not beating down a wild Pokemon that was going to eat his paycheck. He hummed considering the bandage some more.

"Guessing Fire and Dragon's are your favorite type then." Lan grinned cheerfully. "Well no, we didn't plan it, but it going to happen and it going to be glorious Lang. Embrace it." He threw out his arm not holding the bulbasaur outwards. "But yeah, Zak right? Let me get your phone number and we can plan a battle. I really should get a move on soon." He hummed, going through his pocket till he found the phone, offering it to the other trainer. "Here we are."

Zakiax

Stew Aficionado
D
"They are indeed," He replied. "I specialize in raising fire and dragon type pokemon. Charizard is my favorite pokemon, I may or may not have created an entire habitat for them back home."

He nodded at Lan and then took the phone and entered his contact information in it. "I look forward to hearing from you soon. I myself should be heading out. As I should get Rain Drop settled" he replied as he was unsure of how long the fussy pokemon would remain in his arms at this rate.

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
"Thank you, and I should be off myself." Lan slipped the phone back into his pocket and hiked up Christmas as the bulbasaur wiggled. "Okay, okay. I get it, you want down, cause some mischief." He probably should get some water in her, or some food.

"Lang! If you want me, you know where I'm staying," He called to his twin, giving a wave before capturing the pink bulbasaur before she could get free. "Nope, don't need you face planting on me." Lan headed back to the dorms, starting the first steps in a new journey.

Status
Not open for further replies.