Group events

Hopscotch ☘ A Rabbit Shop

[ORP] Golden Harvest

bughnrahk

Grizzled Veteran
D
Redeemed
An ORP for The Golden Circle's Warren Booster

Summer's glorious warmth raced across the golden meadows of Sunset Acres, turning the sweet grass ablaze with fiery hues. The air danced with seeds, swelling with the scent of ripe fruit and vegetables, crying to be plucked from the earth. Ritual stood at the crest of a small, green knoll, overlooking the groves of trees below her. The chill of dawn was already being chased away be the morning sunshine, warming her dark back. The earth mother blessed them with ample food for harvest in the summer, but more importantly an abundance of ingredients that would prove beneficial to potion making. She, and two others of her warren, had risked a trek away from the golden circle and their apple grove to collect plants that couldn't be found back home.

To Ritual's left, Ven was already making her way down the embankment, silent as a shadow and twice as stealthy. Out here in daylight and the emerald grass, she stood out like a black crow on a dead tree. But she was swift and silent as she made her way to a small copse of fruit trees, snuffling around the base for anything that had already fallen and began to swelter in the summer heat. Chant, at Ritual's right, was less confident. She'd come to the warren only recently, bursting with fake bravado until she fell apart and proclaimed herself a worrisome mess. Ritual understood her, consoled her, told her she was no longer alone. She had a home here, in the Circle, and her sisters would always keep her safe.

"Shall we?" Ritual turned to the other doe, head cocked in invitation.

Chant nodded and the pair started down the hill, racing in tandem.

Ritual brought them here for more than just a plant harvest. So early in the season many shoots were still green, but the warren needed more members. More allies. Venturing further from her borders was the best way to make themselves known. Unlike many, the Circle had no warriors, so Ritual needed to be careful if she did find new does who wanted to become sisters. The warren's greatest defense was the secrecy of her location, and Ritual would guard it fiercely from potential foes.

wc: 366

Last edited by a moderator:

OneWintersNite

Resident
D
It is a warm and wonderfully sunny day. The air is sweet with the smell of summer flowers and juicy ripened fruits. Brunnera emerged form his borrow blinking and rubbing his face to brush the last of the sleep away. He had much to do today and he need to get started.

Today he wanted go hunting for the most red and juicy applies. He had not had one in a long time since most of the orchards laid on the opposite side of the Meadowsweet and his home land. It was a long journey but one he was willing to make. Plus he was looking forward to a little adventure.

As Brunnera entered the edge of the Sunset Acers, he slowed down a bit. He had heard tales of a warren made up of only does. They had been out casts and though he did not know the whole story it at the very least gave him pause and a healthy since of caution. Not that he thought he would get hurt but it was strange that the warren did not have any bucks.

Brunnera cautiously but happily moved through the acres. It was just to nice a day to let spook stories keep him form enjoying the world around him. Hopping along he finally caught the sent of the juicy fruit he was seeking. Smiling and if her was being honest drooling a little he continued to work his way through the acres toward the orchard.

bughnrahk

Grizzled Veteran
D
There was only so much a rabbit could carry back, especially when the return journey to the Circle's homestead would be a long one, but between the three of them they tucked herbs and grasses into the thick fur of their necks, or hung interesting bits on Ritual's stick crown. They day was quiet and warm, with no bird cries overhead to disturb them. With no predators about, it was easy to fall into a lull of comfort, lose the wary eyes and wary ears that kept a rabbit safe.

Ritual herself was scratching at the bark of an old tree in attempt to dig out grubs when Ven thumped her foot to sound an alarm. Ritual hunkered down without a breath and felt Chant bursting next to her, trembling with worried breath. Ahead of them both, Ven raised herself onto her rear legs, her green eyes narrowed to sharp slits as she leered ahead.

"There's a buck!" she called. "Just one."

Ah. Not a predator after all, and likely not a danger. One buck was hardly anything to worry about, not when there were three of them all together. Ritual nibbled Chant's ear reassuringly, then popped up to all fours and hopped ahead to greet the fellow. Her eyesight was worsening in her old age, but the bright shock of his blue coat was impossible to miss.

"Good morning!" Ritual called.

Ven glowered at her side, frowning deeply. She'd lived with the Circle all her life and had no interest in dealing with bucks, but they were here on a mission to make allies. Chant had no such issues, and returned to her work with a careful ear flicked in the newcomer's direction.

wc: 278
twc: 644
@OneWintersNite

OneWintersNite

Resident
D
Brunnera heard some wrestling sounds and stopped dead in his tracks. It might have been funny if it was not for the potential danger. One paw front paw still dangled in the air midmovement. With great attention his ears flicked forward and backwards lesioning for the scores of the sounds. "For sure more then one whatever it is." His muse said with certainty. The sounds where to small to be a big danger so maybe he could out run them if needed. But before he could make that choice the scores of the sound made themselves known.

Finally the scores of the sounds came towards him, Brunnera almost fell over form holding his same pose for to long. That and he was very relived to see that it was only some does and not a predictor. The first of the three does was a beautiful smoky grey megalop. She was very pretty but what caught his a attention most was the item on her head. I appeared to be a crown of some sort but he was not form these lands so he could not be sure. Look at the other two does with the megalop, Brunnera could tell the green eyed doe was fair from happy to see him or maybe it was her personality. The last doe was still busy at what ever task they had been doing but clearly still alert and lesioning.

"Hello and good day. My name is Brunnera but friends call me Brun." He said with a small but respectful bow. He did not want to be rude after all and found bowing was the best option to the unknown. Brunnera mindfully wondered what could have brought theses does out here so far but then he was out here so maybe they were out here for the same reasons as himself.

wc: 307
twc: 555

Zakiax

Stew Aficionado
D
Redeemed
Sunshine was making her way through the lands. Traveling far and wide to spread the word of their party. After all the more rabbits she could contact the merrier. She wanted their first one to be a huge success so that success could come later, and to do that she needed will participants.

Sine it was her job to get the word out she figured traveling everywhere would be the best way to do so. So when she spotted a group of rabbits in the distance she put on her best smile and bounded towards them.

"Hello!" She greeted quite loudly, doing her best to get everyone's attention. Even if they were already in a conversation she was going to interrupt, cause that was just her style.

WC: 125
TWC: 125

@OneWintersNite @bughnrahk

Last edited by a moderator:

bughnrahk

Grizzled Veteran
D
"There's someone else coming too!" Ven shouted, watching a second rabbit approach the grove - this one a painted peach colored doe. This was a much more comforting sight, so with a second glance over her shoulder at Ritual, Ven trundled off to greet the new doe.

Ritual acknowledged Ven with a quick nod, but kept her attention on the bright blue buck. "Good day," she replied. "I'm Ritual and these are my warren sisters, Venomous and Chanterelle. We're harvesting ingredients. Are you from these parts?" She'd seen a coat like his before, but not recently, and not so near to their warren. That shock of blue was wildly uncommon, even more so than Ven's bright green eyes. Ritual narrowed her eyes. "Are you from a nearby warren as well?"

It was good to get a lay of the land, learn who their neighbors were and what to expect out here in the acres. If they were intruding on someone's territory, they'd be quick to leave. The last thing Ritual wanted to deal with was a scuffle. Ven might handle herself well, but Chant didn't enjoy any kind of physical confrontation.

Chant, for her part, tucked a last herb into her hair and peered up, flicking her gaze between the two strangers before sidling closer to Ven and the new doe.

"You're a colorful one," said Ven by way of greeting. She, too, was covered in paint, but hers were dark tree-like splatters. Nothing at all like the bright, dipped toes of this strange doe. "I'm Ven."

Chant found her way to Ven's side, ears pinned back and eyes squinting with suspicion. She was always uncomfortable with strangers. It had taken her weeks to warm up to the rest of the circle when she'd arrived.

"Chant," she said, with a huff.

wc: 295
twc: 939

@OneWintersNite @Zakiax

Absolutiones

Stew Aficionado
D
Ah, what a lovely day! Warm and bright and clear! Perfect for sunning and snacking and well, anything really. Akadia hadn't quite decided what she intended to spend her day doing yet, just that it would be spent in Sunset Acres. She hadn't been there in a while and the area was always quite nice this time of year.

The black doe could smell the fruit before she saw it, something she had just come to know in acres. As she drew closer, it became apparent she wasn't the only rabbit with that idea that day. Amidst the fruit trees she could make out a small group already there.

Akadia hoped they weren't territorial. She'd fight her way out if she had to, but the odds would be no where near her favour. Of course, the quickest way to get an answer was to just approach. Hop first, regret later. That was how this doe operated.

"Hello, hello, everyone!"

156 words

@OneWintersNite @Zakiax @bughnrahk

bughnrahk

Grizzled Veteran
D
It seemed they'd picked a good spot to run into new rabbits! Ritual glanced away from the buck to watch a black doe with brightly painted paws make her way to the grove. Ven and Chant both appeared occupied welcoming the other doe, so Ritual bobbed her head politely to the buck and shifted away to give the newcomer room to mosey in among them.

"Good afternoon!" said Ritual. "It seems the kind weather is bringing all sorts out here to collect a summer's harvest."

Indeed, the late summer fruit trees were ripe and dropping offerings to the grass, easy for any rabbit to scoop up. A rare treat before fall, when it would be back to grasses, tubers, and stocking up for a lean winter.

wc: 124
twc: 1063

@Absolutiones

stormflower

Resident
D

Whisper had gone out to continue her travels. She always felt out of place in the swamp lands she had called home. She was comfortable there but something was missing. She didn’t agree with some things and so decided to leave.

She had been traveling now for a long time, she wasn’t even sure how long. She hadn’t run into many but then she had also avoided them, still unsure of the giants and even others like her. Just unsure of everything and even herself.

She had been hidden and shadowed in a nearby thick brush when she heard the giants come near. She was going to muster the courage to come out to them before the blue buck appeared but then it was one after another appearing and she found herself unable to move.

She felt something different about these Giant does though, something about them really pulled at her especially when looking at the one with the crown looking thing and long ears that seemed to be the leader. She listened to their exchange and watched the others pop out of the wood works. She started to get antsy and wanted to find courage to be known but unable to find the courage.

In her nerves though her paw shifted to a dry twig under her and made a loud crack, loud to her. She froze and looked to the giant long ear doe and her followers as well as the others gathered. Half of her hoping she would be noticed and the other half hoping she would remain invisible.

WC: 262
@bughnrahk
Also to everyone though xD

(Totally meant to do this earlier! But life and then I forgot -bad storm- xP)

bughnrahk

Grizzled Veteran
D
A CRACK snapped through the quiet afternoon. Ritual twisted her head in its direction, the base of her ears straining to flick in the direction of the noise, but entirely unable to under their massive weight. A still uncomfortableness came over her and her companions. She glanced over her shoulder to see both Ven and Chant with their ears pricked and swiveled, eyes on their elderly leader. Ritual bobbed her chin at Ven, knowing the other doe would understand what she meant.

Ven cleared her throat and muttered," Excuse me, just a moment," before extracting herself from her conversation, leaving Chant behind sniffing nervously.

Ven bounded carefully toward the noise, keeping her head low and her bright eyes narrowed to cautious slits. She approached the thick brush with slowing steps, sniffing the air for danger. There was only the scent of rabbit, if an unfamiliar one. Something a little off about it, but the smell was clearly another doe, and Venomous' worry dissipated a fraction. She hopped into the bush, her face pulled into a stern moue. "Are you spying-"

She cut herself off.

It was only a kit! Or... or what it? The doe was tiny, smaller than any rabbit Ven had ever seen before, but her proportions were all wrong to be a child.

"What are you?" Perhaps not the most polite greeting, but Ven wasn't generally one to bite her tongue.

"What is it?" Ritual called.

Ven couldn't see her from inside the brush, not unless she turned her back to the stranger, and she... wanted to be cautious about that. For now.

"Just another rabbit..." Ven paused. "I think."

wc: 265
twc: 1328

@stormflower @Zakiax

OneWintersNite

Resident
D
Brunnera shock his head at Ritual. "No have traveled pretty far in search of some special applies." he smiled to the group that was no forming.

The conversation had gotten away from him as more and more does approached. "My oh my this is sure a doe magnet of a place." He thought as he watch and listened. But to be fair the sweet sent of the applies really was enticing.

Wc:71
Twc:627

stormflower

Resident
D

Whisper held her breath as she had been heard! What should she do? Does she run? Does she try and retreat? She can’t think fast enough she is frozen to the spot! Oh dear this it, sink or swim!

She closes her eyes as her hiding spot is uncovered and she slowly opens one eye as she is studied. They have obviously never seen one like her before. She hesitantly opens her other eye and slowly steps out from the brush and into the light in full view of everyone.

Her size difference can now fully be seen next to the Giant beside her.She tries to find her voice but much like her name sake it comes out very softly, “Yyyess, I am....a rabbit.....an adult at that....”, she adds at even more of a whisper as she had been asked that more times than she can count. She tried to give a small smile to the dark giant that uncovered her hiding but it may have come off as more of a tremble.

Whisper moved forward slowly to the leader of the giants nodding politely to the other giant in her party as well as the others in the area that had gathered as she passed through. She gulped as she looked up seemingly towered 10fold at that moment and barely able to speak.

She bowed her head to the long eared giant and tried to clear her throat and calm her voice to not sound completely terrified. “My name is Whisper, and I wasn’t spying......I heard you coming and well got scared and I hid. And then I well didn’t know the best way to come out.....I’ve been traveling for a long time it seems. And I get a little nervous around others sometimes.....”, she gave a nervous smile and glanced up to try and gage her reaction but was too unsure so just stared at her paws in the dirt.

WC: 318
TWC: 580
@bughnrahk

Zakiax

Stew Aficionado
D

So many more rabbits arrived one after another. It was quite exciting. The more rabbits she reached the more rabbits could potentially come to their celebration.

"I am called Sunshine!" She said quite happily, the friendly smile never leaving her face. It was obvious that her name reflected her personality, as she seemed to just beam with happiness.

"I am traveling far and wide" She started off, hoping her word would reach everyone in the group, as her front paws moved as she began to explain why she was here, starting to be a bit dramatic in a sense. "I have no home, as the group of rabbits I am a part of travel far and wide. And what do we do?!"

It seemed the more she talked the faster it became as if her excitement of it all was taking over her. "We throw parties. Grand celebrations! With entertainment, Food and good company!" It seemed now she could not contain the excitement she had when she was pitching this to them, as her back paws started to move as she started to hop around the group stopping at each bun with each question and answer she began to provide.

"And where this party is you might ask? Well i'll tell you! It is in the Meadowsweet! When is it, you may ask? The Last day of summer! You can't miss it. You won't want to miss it! As this will be the biggest and best party around! We will party till the sun comes up!" Her last excited statement almost became sing-songy as she spoke. It was then she realized how much it had taken her, as she was popping in and out of specific rabbits conversations as she went about the group. Sunshine did not mean to seem rude she just could not contain herself...again.

She made her way back towards her spot she began in her paws still twitching with excitement and a tad embarrassed about how much she might have just made a fool of herself with her 'advertisement'. "Well I do hope that you will join us when the time comes! It is going to be a blast!" she spoke with a wave of her paw before she darted off. Off to look for more rabbits to pop in on and tell the good news.

WC: 390
TWC: 515
@bughnrahk @stormflower @OneWintersNite @Absolutiones
(so i can totally see her being like flim and flam from mlp with the sales pitch)

stormflower

Resident
D

Things shifted ever so slightly and briefly as suddenly a bright peach doe was bounding about speaking of a party?? Whisper didnt hear much as it spooked the living breath out of her. She squeaked and backed away as the peach doe calling herself Sunshine got closer to her. She was on edge as it is and this she couldnt take around so many strangers. She found herself trying to make herself smaller against the nearest thing and to her horror she realized it was the black doe with green eyes that discovered her hiding spot earlier. If she could show embarrassment by color she would be as red as berries on a bush!! As Sunshine departed as quickly as she seemed to arrive Whisper just as quickly scurried away and stayed an even distance away from any of the other does.

"Oh my goodness! Im so sorry, she startled me, I didnt mean to bump into you and hide like that. Im not the bravest out there. Im not the best with large groups either....another reason I left Lumiere....Im sorry....Im sorry!", she kept her head down and looked to the ground too nervous to look at anyone anymore.

WC: 199
TWC: 779

bughnrahk

Grizzled Veteran
D
"Isn't it just?" said Ritual. She hopped to the side to give Brunnera better access to the grove of trees. "Help yourself to some fruit, young one. There's plenty to go around!"

--

Ven was listening to Whisper's worried stammering when one of the other does piped up, full of excitement. This little rabbit couldn't be any sort of danger, so Ven didn't mind flicking an ear and an eye in the direction of the other stranger. Her mannerisms were wild with energy, but Ven found herself drawn by it none-the-less. Even Chant perked up! A party might be just the things for them, both to acquire new members for the warren and to strengthen their ties with the other rabbits in the area. Ven flicked a quick glance in Ritual's direction, but the elderly doe had her attention firmly fixed to Sunshine, a bright grin spread across her wizened face.

It seems Ven - and perhaps a few more does of the Golden Circle - would be attending a party at the end of the season.

Something squished against her, startling her from her thoughts. She glanced down to see the tiny doe cowering between her paws and something in Ven's heart softened.

"No need to apologize," she said. "That was..." she chewed on her words. "... Quite a commotion. I'm Ven, and our leader over there is Ritual. You're welcome to join us. The apples here are very sweet. If you're worried, you can stick close to me and I'll keep you safe."

She was such a small thing, after all.

wc: 259
twc: 1587

@OneWintersNite
@stormflower

stormflower

Resident
D

Whisper looked up at Ven with watery eyes but for the first time in ages a true smile and relaxed. She felt she could find a true place here amongst these does maybe if she followed them and got to know them. It may be a challenge at times for her but she knew she long needed to step out of her comfort zone and she was ever so tired of being alone and wandering from place to place. She nodded her head to Ven and tried to form words but they came out a little rocky. “Tha..nk you V..en!”, she finally settled her voice. “Some apples sound delicious and I admit to being a tad hungry.”, she said with a slight chuckle. She looked up to Ven again with a sweet smile. She really did feel safe next to her and hoped they could truly be friends and that she had found a place to call home.
WC: 165
TWC: 944
@bughnrahk

OneWintersNite

Resident
D
Brunnera watched as more and more does started coming out of the wood works. Brunnera could not help but smile as he lessoned to the doe named Sunshine. Her names was so fitting to her personality he thought to himself. The names Whisper seemed pretty scared and he felt for the poor doe. He was feeling a little scared himself but more because there was way more does then bucks at this point.

Ritual, who was clearly the leader of the three he had first spotted, cleared the way to the sweet apple trees and gave him full access to them. "Yummy." he said with a smile and a twinkle in his eyes. "Thank you so much." Then he hoped over to the closed of the trees. Looking up he could tell these beauties would be the sweetest apples he had had in a long time.

Picking three he placed them in a pack for the journey home and ate one right then and there. "Umm" the juice from the sweet apple danced on his taste buds. Feeling a little guilty pleasure he called back to all the does "Would anyone else like one of these amazing apples?" He did not want tp be rude. After all he was being freely give these sweet things.

wc:215
twc:842

bughnrahk

Grizzled Veteran
D
Chant busied herself gathering the seeds that had fallen free from overripe fruit and the few roots and herbs that nestled around the apple trees. All of which were familiar, but some of these didn't grow back in the Circle and could be useful for other potions and poultices. With her bounty safely tucked in the thick pouch of her neck fur, she returned to Ritual's side.

"I think I've got everything I need here," she flicked an ear back, wringing it with a paw. "And we've met several rabbits."

She didn't want to saw aloud how much she wanted to return to the warren, but Ritual was a intelligent doe.

"It is getting a bit late now, isn't it?" said Ritual, staring skyward. The sun was still bright, but cresting slowly down the horizon. It would be hours before night fell, and travelling in the dark was perfectly fine, but Chant would much rather be home before then. "Perhaps we should begin to gather our things."

"It was very pleasant to meet all of you," said Ritual, raising up to her full height to address everyone who remained. "But alas, my companions and I will be leaving soon."

wc: 200
twc: 1787

@OneWintersNite @stormflower

OneWintersNite

Resident
D
Brunnera looked skyward as well it was a long journey home and he would be carrying more weight back. Nodding he agreement he smiled warmly at each doe in turn. "It was very nice to mean you all. And thank you so much for allowing some of these sweet apples." He said with a tap to his pack. "Have safe journeys home all. And maybe we will see each other again at one of Sunshine's parties." With that Brunnera hopped away heading towards home.

Wc: 84
Twc: 926

bughnrahk

Grizzled Veteran
D
"Safe travels!" Ritual called after Brunnera. The mention of Sunshine's party rekindled her curiosity. She'd certainly have to send some of her sisters to attend it, even if she couldn't go herself. What a fascinating group of rabbits they'd all met today. With a wistful sigh she turned to her companions and said," Gather your things and say your farewells, it's time to head back to the Circle."

It would be nice to reach the safety of their home by nightfall, but Ritual couldn't be certain they'd make it. Never-the-less, all three does had dark coats that would allow them to travel undisturbed in the shadows of evening. As long as they kept an ear out for night birds, they should be just fine.

Ven nudged an apple toward Whisper with a small smile. "It would be nice to see you again." She cast a quick glance at Ritual then ducked secretively near Whisper, lowering her voice. "If you want to find us, we're north-west of here. I'd happily vouch for you if you came to our Warren. There are many of us, and we keep all our sisters safe."

When she looked up again, Ven caught Ritual staring at her with a knowing look and a bright twinkle in her eye. Whisper would definitely be welcomed into the Golden Circle.

With that, Ven rejoined Ritual's side, followed shortly by Chant, and the three does headed away with supplies in tow and curiosity satisfied... for now.

wc: 246
twc: 2033