Threads:

Latest posts

Group events

Warriors: Cats of the Sun

[ORP] Lazy Afternoon Gossip [Lola x Neighborhood cats]

Umbrefox

Veteran
D

It was a slow day. Lola was lazing around on the wooden platform on the back of of her Twoleg's den, enjoying the afternoon sun. The warmth from the sun was making her drowsy, blinking slowly she let out a big yawn. It had been a while since she had a slow day like this since she had her kits. Luckily, her kits had tuckered themselves out playing with her Twolegs earlier, so she had some peace and quiet for once.

Due to the aforementioned circumstances, Lola had not gotten the chance to see very many visitors as of late, this included her fling and the father of her kits, Mask. "Maybe someone will visit today?" she mused to herself, then let out another yawn. As if her pray was answered, her ears flicked as there was the sound of foliage rustling and then paw steps as someone jumped to the top of her fence.

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D

Roan was an adventurer, to an extent. He didn't want to go beyond the Twolegplace, for that's where the comfort he'd grown up had been. He had no desire to move beyond the fences to explore the idea of being a homeless loner and while he'd heard rumors about "Clan" cats, they seemed more like a bunch of violent vagabonds. No, his adventuring may happen within the Twolegplace, but that didn't make it any less grand.

He would travel far and wide within the streets and along the fences to gather information, and more pointedly, gossip, for his father, Lin, who rarely traveled from his own den. Roan's father preferred cats coming to him and never seemed inclined to go beyond his own fenceposts, which meant that hile Lin was well versed in conversations with his mother, Red or Sullivan Wiggles, who lived in dens on teither side of them, getting information from cats in houses beyond was more tedious. This is where Roan came in. Roan liked to wander, liked to walk, liked to talk to cats and explore so he didn't might being thrust with the job of gossip-seeker. He had already met many cats of that nature, like the beautiful loner Amber, for example.

Thus, he found himself jumping up onto another fence of a Twoleg den he had yet to visit. He took a moment to find his balance and then he peered down into the backyard. Near immediately he spotted a cat and he smiled.
"Hello and good day," He mewed politely. "I am Roan, a knowledge-seeker and gossip-swapper from a few roads away. My den is far from here, it has a black roof and gets very hot in the warm season. May I join you in your den-space or would you prefer I remain on the fence?" He asked and then added. "Or you may join me up here, if you wish. Oh! And who do I have the pleasure of addressing?" He couldn't very well forget that one! @Umbrefox

Umbrefox

Veteran
D
Lola lazily gazed up at Tom who addressed himself as. "Lola," she responded bluntly. "I'd prefer to stay here, but you are free to do what you want," she added. Lola began licking her wrist and wiping her face before stretching a bit. It was always fun meeting a new face.

She studied the tom for a bit, he indeed seemed to have traveled quite a bit. "So, Roan, how goes goes your travels? Any news to share?" she mewed. "My Twolegs hadn't let me out for about a month since I had my kits, so I fear I missed out on recent goings on. I'd be gracious for any information you are willing to share."
@belloblossom