[ORP][Mini-Meta] Teacher bought pizza cuz you all behaved

astralprogenitor

late to the party
D
Staff member
Admin
Designer
"You know, this is actually rather impressive."

What was once a beach filled with pieces of broken trees, ship debris, and pokémon - both surviving and not - was once again a pristine swath of clean, white sand and sparkling, sapphire water. The inhabitants of the new region had come together to clean up their home after an impressive freak disaster, and for his part, one of the spearheads of the whole settlement was quite pleased with the result.

Junpei crossed his arms behind his back, squinting against the late summer sun despite the heavy sunglasses he wore, surveying the beautiful scene before him. Behind loomed a huge canvas, part of a hastily erected cloth-and-post wall hiding... well, something from prying eyes. What it was had remained a secret beyond the sounds of construction and the sight of workers bringing materials into the area, but no definitive answer had appeared beyond a city-wide, open invitation to a beach celebration for all hands who'd aided the cleanup efforts.

The smell slowly wafting over the area might have been some kind of clue, though - a warm, savory scent had begun billowing out, drawing the attention of some curious early onlookers.

"I think I shall skip the formalities today, Donovan," he murmured, tilting his head to look at the towering guard beside him; the other simply tilted his head just slightly, perhaps a few degrees at most, in response. He was not one for words on duty.

"No one is coming here to hear me make speeches, and I think I would prefer to let the reward speak for itself today. Look at this place - they've treated it like home, and I'd like to treat them like they are home."

Donovan nodded, and Junpei padded away from the spot; even dressed down into a button-up shirt and looser slacks, he was rather uncomfortable, and thought perhaps it best to get the reveal over with so he could either leave or ... at least change clothes.

"Send word to Cherin to go about the unveiling ... it smells like they'll be ready to start serving soon, anyway."

---​

The surprise and gift for the effort of cleaning the beach so thoroughly was a beautifully constructed - if moderately sized - beach plaza, built of smoothed stone tile sprawling out from a central bar and brick-built kitchen. Wooden furniture dotted its space, from several tables designed for groups to drink or dine, and further out lounge chairs faced the pristine ocean view, offering somewhere other than the spicy sand to enjoy the Doveport bay.

... no one needed to know the project was already planned - how else would the materials be on hand so quickly? But it was rushed as a matter of celebration, and a special order had been equally flown in quickly for the meal of the day, made apparent once the team of machokes arrived to take down the canvasses that had been hiding the plaza's construction from the local residents, as the bar was quickly stocked not with drinks set out but an array of freshly baked pizzas from the brand new oven.

After all, what was a proper celebration without a pizza party?

astralprogenitor

late to the party
D
Staff member
Admin
Designer
This takes place a couple of weeks after the cleanup, as unfortunately you don't build a whole plaza in a day or two, lol.

Doveport now has a beach plaza and bar/kitchen!

Reoakee

Grizzled Veteran
D
The dock clean up had taken quite a bit but the work was certainly worth it. Haven was very proud of the construction work done. Now it was time to dig in for some pizza and a nice drink. She was engrossed in checking the tile work and found it was wonderful. It was a hazard of her job to be picky over construction things. She didn’t have input on things but she was on the island to help with construction and development so she took a fair amount of pride when the island expanded out. She saw several excited folks like her eager to snag some pizza. Grabbing a few slices and drink she wondered how long the party would last but she figured with some folks it would be until the party decided to end with them. She was looking forward to cozying up with Nal though maybe under a blanket and enjoying the beach scenery later. Managing to snag some pizza she was surprised how hot it had stayed as the cheese stretched when she lifted off the plate take a bit. "aHa, uck." She swore around the bite being too impatient to dig in and try the food. Pizza was best while still warm after all. Good cold but best warm by far.

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
"Hello my viewers!" Lex exclaimed, throwing up his arms as he stood in front of the camcorder he set up. "You are joining me today in the revealing of our new beach plaza here in Doveport bay." He motioned to the plaza behind him. "As you know from earlier updates, we had a major clean up project a few weeks ago in cleaning up the wreckage and debris that came in from the storm and now we are here to enjoy the fruits of our labor with a pizza party."

"Remember you two can be part of the Nauwhil settlement and help make such improvements a reality! So if you are tired of your boring life and want to make a difference, fill out an application to come over to an island paradise! Explore our beaches, the grasslands, and valleys and find new discoveries!" He beamed, held his pose for thirty seconds before shaking himself loose to take down the tripod and zip the camcorder up.

He hummed packing up and went to join the crew, planning to do smaller interviews with his phone camera and generally take pics for the blog.