Painting Dungeons and Dragons Minis

Zakiax

Stew Aficionado
D
So I've started to paint Dungeons and dragons minis for my games. I've got about 150+ minis to paint and the count is growing. So I'll be posting the finished products here of the things i'm painting.

What I'm working on: Albino Shifter Devine Sorcerer (My character) And the undead (Skeletons, Zombies ect)

Last edited:

Zakiax

Stew Aficionado
D
Alright first set of pictures taken. I painted these about 3 months ago.

First mini i painted was the deer which was my test subject for a varied amount of techniques, its seal is more of a glaze cause that is all i had at the time (and ill be using this shiny coat seal for the elementals and more metallic creatures we have)

Next I did the cumbling rock pillars (using the same glaze as that is all i had at the time), followed by the darker grey rocks and crypts (which has the correct sealing agent on them. Folowed by the barrels and chests. As i did the barrels and chests i also did the brown and silver on the two mimics i have but i have yet to get the finishing details on them so they are not posted here yet.

Last was the campfire using the transparent paints i got in for the elemental as well as for one of our character's wings (as he's a fallen aasmier)

And lastly we have our first character. Who's a bard so he wanted the shiny glaze on his character cause he's the most charismatic one of the bunch. The colors i was given for the character was link's pallete. So our personal character minis are differentiated from the rest of the bunch of character minis we have based on the grey base with the color on the edge being the color of our character's folder (For our character sheets and stuff)

Last edited:

Zakiax

Stew Aficionado
D
and after 5 hours straight painting this thing last night it is done. its not sealed so i have yet to glue it to its base so its top heavy and doesn't want to stay up by itself (so i ended up using a chapstick box to hold it up so i could take the images. i may need to wash it with the darker silver again once it dries fully again to give it a tad more depth.

Zakiax

Stew Aficionado
D
the most challenging so far has been the character minis cause everyone has specific requests to be added as details to them. I really enjoyed painting the dragon and i really like using the transparent paint like on the fire.

I got one more character done but i need to take an image of it