Group statistics

Members:
Threads:

Latest posts

Group events

Warriors: Cats of the Sun

[PATROL-FIN] Life Lessons (Siltwater/Twistpaw)

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
Dice Rolled:
🎲d20 10 10
(Siltwater hits the fox for 5 damage!)

Siltwater was managing to get through this fight somehow. He could sense that the fox was taking on more hits - was he actually doing substantial enough damage? Could he and his apprentice manage to beat it? With a surge of energy, he sliced his claws over the fox's flank again and growled his triumph when he saw that he hit - barely.

HP: 4
Damage: 5
To Hit: 10+

pyrrh

Long-Term Resident
D
Dice Rolled:
🎲d20 12 12
Twistpaw saw the fox attempt again to attack her mentor and with a relieved sigh, from a breath she didn't know she was holding, she watched the swipe miss Siltwater, and she readied her own attempt at an attack again. If nothing else she was clearly serving as some kind of a distraction or additional difficulty for the fox, who probably would have been having a much easier time with a one on one battle. Still, the pair of clan cats were struggling being all on their own, and she made a mental note that for this sort of work perhaps she wanted to attempt to band together with more cats in the future. She steadied herself, blood still dripping from her wound but finally slowing a bit as time progressed, little bits breaking back open depending on how she moved. Perhaps if she launched a more careful attack it would keep her would from draining her quite so much... (160 / 784)

HP: 2
# to Hit: 15+
Damage: 3 per hit

did not hit

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
Dice Rolled:
🎲d20 11 11
(Siltwater hits the fox for 5 damage!)

Siltwater was dodging the blows from the fox as best as he could - it seemed like it was slowing down considerably, but all he was really concerned (and similarly relieved by) was that the fox didn't seem to be going after Twistpaw. He wouldn't have been able to forgive himself if he failed to protect her. But now... now it really did seem like he had a chance to defeat this fox, see her back to camp... and then give them both tomorrow off from training to recover.

With a future in mind, he yowled at the fox, his eyes brighter than they had been at the start of the encounter. They could do this!

HP: 4

pyrrh

Long-Term Resident
D
Thankfully the she-cat saw the fox miss yet again, which she was relieved about. It must be getting as tired as the pair of cats were. She looked at Siltwater and saw he was hurting, tired, and still pressing on both to protect and to teach her, and she was grateful once again. After this fight she would have to be sure to say something to him, though she knew it was to some degree the job he'd signed up for as a mentor. Her appreciation wouldn't change just because a mentor was meant to help you and guide you and keep you safe. She steadied herself once again, noticing that she was getting increasingly unsteady on her feet, and circled around the fox. Perhaps if she kicked out at it and caught the vulpine animal with a back leg? (140 / 924)

pyrrh

Long-Term Resident
D
Dice Rolled:
🎲d20 15 15
oh forgot roll

HP: 2
Hit landed!
to hit: 15
Damage: 3

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
Dice Rolled:
🎲d20 19 19
(Siltwater hits the fox for 5 damage and KILLS IT!)

Siltwater had taken heavy damage, but Twistpaw had managed to get an attack in on the fox. He just needed to fight a little longer, just a little more. Heaving himself off the ground, he lunged forward and slashed his claws ferociously into the fox's throat. He was dusted with a red mist, but he saw the beast's eyes roll back and he tumbled onto the ground next to it.

Panting heavily, he looked to Twistpaw with a half-smile.
"I don't know about you, but I'd be happy to catch my breath for a moment, before making the trek home." He mewed to her, trying to sound level-headed, despite the battle they'd just endured. "You did well, Twistpaw. You didn't run, you didn't freeze up; I'm proud of you. I want you to know that." He mewed, though his voice was beginning to tremble - the reality of how wrong that battle could've gone finally settling in. "Um, I might need more than a moment, to catch my breath." He added shakily.

HP: 1

Last edited:

pyrrh

Long-Term Resident
D
Dice Rolled:
🎲d20 17 17
Twistpaw stared, breathing heavily, as the fox tumbled to the ground. She was relieved, but worried, that it had spent so much time going after Siltwater -- but she supposed that made a kind of sense, since she had been doing no damage to it at all until her final attempt to lash out with a back claw, and with him out of the way she would have become an easy target. She ran over to the fox and pranced on it with all her feet just to make good and sure that it wouldn't move, wasn't faking or just unconscious somehow, and then rushed to her mentor who looked practically ready to drop all on his own. "Come on..." she said wearily. "Let's go back home and rest up." (130 / 1054)