Group events

Pokémon Expeditions

Pokémon Pickup Closed!

Reoakee

Grizzled Veteran
D
Pokémon Pickup
This is a free raffle.

You just enter for the Pokémon you are interested in and in about a week I’ll be raffling for each Pokémon. 5-29-24 4pm EST is end of entries and I will be rolling at 6pm est if all goes well

So you can enter to win all of the Pokémon but you can only win one of them from this adoption event. Follow all shop and site rules. And you do need to have your Discord set up so I can send pokemon to you on the discord when you win!

You do not need to have a trainer to enter. The set up is just me being a dork

Reoakee

Grizzled Veteran
D
Mel stroked the clipboard torn between nervous and annoyed. This was an adoption kind of event or something of the like for a whole lot of Pokémon that arrived, but they didn’t have a trainer per say. They had been acquired by one of the big companies or even gotten here on the island and would be put to work, but they needed a trainer to go to so the impact on the island life would be how did the egg head put it? Negligible? Yeah that was it. Honestly Mel didn’t care about it. Long and short she was stuck baby sitting all of these Pokémon all day while things got set up and then she would have to read off some data to potential trainers who might want to take these Pokémon home with them. She got a good mark on her personal file and even volunteer hours toward her record as well so it was a win for her since honestly the Pokémon here were pretty easy going well mostly.

As someone came in she waved them over to start her little tour and spiel. “Hello and welcome to the Pokémon pickup. You need to sign these cards and apply for the Pokémon and then the big wigs in the background go through them and I don’t know roll dice or something to pick who goes home with who. I'm Mel and I'll be introducing you to the Pokémon and collecting your cards at the end. ” She hadn’t really been told the selection criteria or process for these Pokémon so she really didn’t know how they did it and quite frankly it was too bothersome to have asked when she was assigned this job. She moved and waved the potential Pokémon adopter over toward their first Pokémon. There were a few water tanks and some penned off areas for Pokémon to play in. it was organized to help prevent too much mayhem as trainers came in and out.

--------

It was a large snorlax who had some fruit buried under it and she had to shoo several Pokémon off the snorlax all morning as they kept wanting to nap on the snorlax.
“This is a snorlax. They were imported to help with construction but the company that was looking at coming was undercut and since this Pokémon was purchased by one of the companies here to work they wanted to find a trainer to help out with things since snorlax is just well a big eater and fairly lazy in general. They can eat anything like spoiled and rotten garbage and poison. I bet they would great for a cook to help take care of left overs at the canteen. Once it’s full it just passed out like this one and other Pokémon like to lay on top of it. Supposedly this one is brave but I don’t really see it. They do seem pretty cool and I guess it was pretty clever how they have to have a special container as it keeps figuring out how to get into the food all the time. It’s like something form some kids movie or something.” She was pretty sure there was a kung foo movie about a snorlax who was large and a big eater but learned to kick some butt. “Anyways its eaten a whole barrel of food today so it’ll for sure sleep for half a day. Lets go check out someone else since this snorlax isn’t likely to move anytime soon.

--------
Heading up to a water large tank she pointed to a floating flower. She had memorized the date on this one because they looked so odd to her. She had no idea where this was from but the card mentioned fusion and she knew the egg heads on the island had something to do with this. She kept the data on the clip board flipped up and looked at for the spiel. “This one is ….Omaloom. Little thing likes to spend all day in the water so if you take it home you need to make sure you get your tank prepped and then we can send you home with it. Don’t scare it or it’ll smell up the whole place. It likes to eat small treats so be careful as it will try to eat other fish and can use sunlight as food. We put in some water toys for it to play with and it likes to tip over the fake tower and likes to sit on it’s little toy chest here.” She squatted down to look into the clear tank front and looked at the potential trainer. “It's staring at your a lot. it must like what you are wearing. Look at the little tentacles touching the glass. It must be curious. It’s normally a pretty calm Pokémon so you must be really interesting to it. You know it’s actually pretty cute, odd as an oddish but cute.“

--------
Standing back up Mel moved over to the next pen area. It was a little cubone that was all snuggle dup with its club and a blanket. Well I’m sure you know that old wives tale about the bone being on the head being its mother’s skull? Yeah thought so. Everyone knows that one and uses Cubone as an example of why you need to cherish loved ones while they are hear or you just cry over them when they are gone.” At least her mother did… which was not so good memories for Mel. Rubbing her arm uncomfortable she moved one quickly. “anyway the skull is like mineral deposits or something to protect them, but since they sound so sad so the myth goes on. This little one is so modest that they might not do much to break the myth but they are really cool with how they always have their little bone club even when they are sleeping like that.” She pointed to the bone wrapped with the blanket the cubone was holding close. “Right guess it’s time to look at the next one as there are quite a few here today. Don’t ask me why someone bought a cubone and decided to ship it here. Honestly, I think they lost a bet or maybe it’s one of those you don’t use it you lose it grants? Or maybe some kind of sound experiment. I don’t know but anyway they came with the last group of imports, and they had no trainer assigned.”

--------
Next up there was a large playpen with three growlithe in it. She had to pull out Maverick as she had had him playing with the others earlier. “Uh these three were part of a surprise litter. I think there was someone’s who had eggs on the way here and well not much you can do since you can’t release three puppies like these to some unknown island. After all they are territorial which means they could cause destruction for the island. They are loyal which makes them good companions. Quick to learn things, and are great at finding things by smell. They are overall tough and pretty awesome Pokémon.

First up that puppy that is rolling on their back. See them? They are pretty lax just like how you can see. They tend to lay about but honestly they are pretty clever so they learn tricks pretty easily even if they don’t seem like it.

Next to them the puppy that is playing with the ball. They are pretty tough and can play rough and tumble with the best of them but t’s actually a really calm growlithe so would be good for a quite home.

And the last one that sitting growlithe. Pretty jolly overall and don’t they look both cool and cute?

Honestly they are all really good puppies and I hope they find some homes with good people you know?” She looked over the potential trainer sizing them up. Maybe she could still meet up the the trainer if they got a Pokémon and have maverick have a play date with one of the growlithies.

--------
A splash drew her attention to one of the other water tanks the little naughtier Pokémon there seemed to take a lot of joy in splashing her all day. Putting the clip board aside on a small table out of the splash zone she introduced the Pokémon here. “this is a poppleen I think they can only be found from the lab here on the island. But don’t quote me on that. The notes say they are elegant and all that, a strong swimmer which makes sense. They can even swim as fast as four or five knots whatever that is. They dig up things underwater using their bubbles and bump them up to check them out. This little sh… fella is clever, and tough little snot who loves to be naughty and splash water at everyone. Take home at your own risk.” She didn’t really like water Pokémon this brat wasn’t really her type.

--------
A skittering noise made her look up and over to a pen that was half covered to provide some darkness. “And over here we have the last one who is up for taking home. They are really relaxed even if they do look like they came off a murder set of a movie. Clever and pretty cute this is a mimikyu who stowed away into quarantine so it’s basically a wild Pokémon but it’s been pretty relaxed so far. As you know mimikyu’s wear costumes and you don’t want to over stress them out by trying to look underneath the outfit. It can even be violent then so be nice to it.

--------

Finishing up the little tour of Pokémon Mel points to the table with the clipboard outside of splash fiend poppleen. "Cards are there, with pens please fill out your card and bring it up to me. I get to show the next person around. Be back in a bit."

Last edited:

Reoakee

Grizzled Veteran
D
How to enter post the form after open is posted. Remember I will be rolling for each Pokémon separately so all entries for snorlax will only be rolled for snorlax, so if you want Snorlax or Poppleen make sure to list both of them on the form for a chance to win one of them. you may only win one Pokémon from this event.

Anyone left over from the event Reoakee will just end up keeping so -shrugs- enter for everyone and save me from myself?

Code:
[CENTER][center][size=22] Pokémon Pickup[/size] [/center] [/CENTER]
[b]Username:[/b] username here. please list both BS and discord if you have different names so I can find the right user.
[b]Entering for:[/b] List the Pokémon you are entering for.

Last edited:

Reoakee

Grizzled Veteran
D
Entries
Mon numbers are listed in case you wanted to look at their data on discord

SnorlaxOmaloomCuboneDark GrowlitheMedium
Growlithe
Light
Growlithe
PoppleenMimikyu
1.TanuKai
2. Nym
3.sharkberrypizza
4. SamiRose144
5. Melomar
1. Nym
2.sharkberrypizza
3.astralprogenitor
4. Tea
5. amora65
6. Melomar
1. TanuKai
2.ArtificialJellyfish
3. Nym
4.sharkberrypizza
5.astralprogenitor
6. Tea
7. amora65
8. SamiRose144
9. Melomar
10. Bo🌸
1. TanuKai
2. Nat!
3. Nym
4. Tea
5.amora65
6.SamiRose144
7. Melomar
8. Bo🌸
1.TanuKai
2. Nat!
3. Nym
4.sharkberrypizza
5. SamiRose144
6. Melomar
7. Bo🌸
1.TanuKai
2. Nat!
3. Nym
4.sharkberrypizza
5.astralprogenitor
6. amora65
7. SamiRose144
8. Melomar
9. Bo🌸
1. Nat!
2. Nym
3.sharkberrypizza
4.astralprogenitor
5. amora65
6. SamiRose144
7. Melomar
8. Bo🌸
1. TanuKai
2. Nat!
3.ArtificialJellyfish
4. Nym
5.sharkberrypizza
6. amora65
7. SamiRose144
8. Melomar
9. Bo🌸

Last edited:

Reoakee

Grizzled Veteran
D
Small lore disclaimer- lore may not be accurate to shop. I did try to follow the dex but you all know I'm a madwoman so please understand that. Anyways opening this up in a moment.

Last edited:

TanuKai

Station Visitor
D
Pokémon Pickup
Username:TanuKai
Entering for: Snorlax, Growlithe L, Growlithe D, Growlithe M, Mimikyu, Cubone

Natty-chan

Stew Aficionado
D
Pokémon Pickup
Username: Discord: Nat!
BS: Natty-chan
Entering for: Light Growlithe, Dark Growlithe, Medium Growlithe, Popleen, Mimikyu

Nym

signed an NDA
D
Staff member
Mod
Pokémon Pickup
Username: Nym
Entering for: Omaloom, Poppleen, Mimikyuu, Cubone, Light Growlithe, Dark Growlithe, Medium Growlithe, Snorlax

sharkberrypizza

🍓 Like, nya, you know?
D
Staff member
Tech-Priest
Admin
Pokémon Pickup
Username: sharkberrypizza
Entering for: omaloom, mimikyu, snorlax, l. growlithe, m. growlite, cubone, poppleen

(if i can't enter ignore me!)

astralprogenitor

late to the party
D
Staff member
Admin
Designer
Pokémon Pickup
Username: astralprogenitor
Entering for: light growlithe, cubone, popleen, omaloom

Tea

Station Visitor
D
Pokémon Pickup
Username: Tea
Entering for:Omaloom, Cubone, dark growlithe

DavyJnah

Grizzled Veteran
D
Pokémon Pickup
Username: DavyJnah/amora65
Entering for: Omaloom, Cubone, D. Growlith, L. Growlithe, Popleen, Mimikyu

PeterPan_da144

Stew Aficionado
D
Supporter
Pokémon Pickup
Username: PeterPan_da144 (Discord is SamiRose144)
Entering for: Cubone, Poppleen, Snorlax, Dark Growlithe, Light Growlithe, Mimikyu, Medium Growlithe

Melomar

Grizzled Veteran
D
Pokémon Pickup
Username: Melomar
Entering for: Snorlax, Omaloom, Cubone, Dark Growlithe, Medium Growlithe, Light Growlithe, Poppleen, Mimikyu

Bouquet of Diamonds

Grizzled Veteran
D
Pokémon Pickup
Username: Bouquet of Diamonds / Bo🌸(On Discord)
Entering for: Mimikyu, Dark Growlithe, Medium Growlithe, Light Growlithe, Cubone, Poppleen