Posts not loading always

Status
Not open for further replies.
just a minor issue i've noticed when playing in the counting thread, but occasionally despite multiple refreshes to make sure a thread won't load all pages until i make a post? it's happened 3 or four times now. not sure how to recreate the issue, though.

astralprogenitor

late to the party
D
Staff member
Admin
Designer
I'm not sure what's going on, but if you hit preview it should load or give you the option to load all new posts - it won't load on a new page as it's just loading them dynamically, even if it goes over the page limit, which might be causing the confusion, maybe? 🤔

astralprogenitor

late to the party
D
Staff member
Admin
Designer
🐸

Rereading tho idk why a manual refresh wouldn't load the new pages or posts. If you can repeat it can you tell me what you do to make it happen, browser, OS etc?
🐸

the most recent one was just a couple minutes before i posted this, and the posts that didnt load were 10+ minutes older. i was on the main forums page and refreshed a few times (sometimes i can't always tell when BS is refreshing because its so quick so i do it 2-3 times to make sure) and opened into the counting thread. a few new post had loaded so i thought all was good, but when i posted suddenly it gave me the alert that there were a bunch of new posts, but again they were from like 10+ minutes prior so they just hadn't loaded initially.

i'm on google chrome, windows 10, disgustingly average work desktop lmao

astralprogenitor

late to the party
D
Staff member
Admin
Designer
🐸

Hm ... How is your connection? Trying to think of anything that might make them drop or not show up ... If you manually go to the all alerts page and refresh, do they always show up on time there?

I'm honestly having a bit of a struggle even understanding, so lemme double check I do get what's going on - you're refreshing on the main page, no alerts, go to a thread and a few new posts load but then later more load that are older than those, and then you get alerts?

🐸

Zakiax

Stew Aficionado
D
I've also been noticing this problem, but mostly on mobile. I also don't get notifications about posts being posted in threads I watch. There have been times i've checked the thread or seen it on the recent post section and i never got a notification that there was a new post. Not getting notifications happens on both mobile and desktop, the posts not always loading is happening on mobile for me so it could just be my internet connection.

astralprogenitor

late to the party
D
Staff member
Admin
Designer
🐸

I will say that the software is made in such a way that if you check an alert but don't look at the thread, you won't get any more alerts because it assumes you aren't interested right then. You will get alerts for pings or quotes but no more "new posts in this thread" until you look at the thread manually.
🐸

Zakiax

Stew Aficionado
D
Oh that makes a lot of sense, since i tend to just check a lot of my notifications at work on my phone and then forget to check the thread itself

Yeah so I'll be on the main forum page, I'll refresh, I will see that there are new posts there most of the time, but then when i actually click on the thread's alert it's only loading some of the newest posts (which I incorrectly assume is all there is). Then once I make a post suddenly it loads a bunch more. I haven't been on much in the last day or so to replicate unfortunately.

astralprogenitor

late to the party
D
Staff member
Admin
Designer
🐸

Hm ... Okay, when you get on see if you can? But as for only having one alert, that's part of design too - it should mention there may be more posts after this or w/e. It'll only show you the oldest "hey new post!" then not alert you to more until you go look at the thread. If the thread is active at that time (ie, people posting while you're backreading), you will def start getting more alerts because the system sees oh they're interested in the thread okay send alerts.

That's intended behavior, though if you have threads watched you can always see which ones have any posts you haven't seen in the Watched Threads link (Forums > Watched Threads from the dropdown).

The part about not loading everything is odd though - it's not displaying a new page at the bottom, either? and they're all older posts? Because that isn't intended behavior; it should take you to the oldest post you haven't seen in the thread and then load new pages as normal, yeah.

🐸

yeah its just straight up not loaded older posts. they're posts i havent seen yet, but there's no alert saying there may be more posts, and i'm pretty sure there weren't new pages shown. i'll play around with it today and see if i can get it to do it again.

astralprogenitor

late to the party
D
Staff member
Admin
Designer
🐸

It's possible that it's only loading posts for the page that you're on but that should be the oldest posts, so you should be able to go forward to see newer ones. I can't get it to reproduce although I keep trying since I get alerts from the game threads. >/a I will also keep looking for the behavior though to see if we can figure it out.
🐸

I haven't experienced it again but I also haven't been in as many heavily trafficked threads. Its possible it was just user error, especially since no one else seems to have experienced it?

Status
Not open for further replies.