Hopscotch ☘ A Rabbit Shop

[PRP] A Bone to Pick

Absolutiones

Stew Aficionado
D
Dice Rolled:
🎲d20 1 1

Redeemed
It was a wet, dreary spring day as they all seemed to be as of late. Bone was perched just outside the little burrow he shared with Akefia. It was drizzling lightly, but he would endure to avoid disturbing the scarred buck that remained at rest. In the distance the sun could be seen just starting to peek over the horizon. The sight was lovely. It was peaceful.

It was this very serenity that managed to coax the albino deeper into his thoughts. Bone recalled the day he had met Akefia. It too had been a spring day, but one much brighter and drier than this one. It would have been beautiful if it hadn't involved him being chased around the Dales by a giant flying beast and nearly losing his hide.

It was only by chance that he came across Akefia that day and he had been just as rough as ever. "Oi!" he'd barked at Bone. "What're you doing bringing that thing over here?!"

Bone had only grunted in response. He hadn't exactly made the conscious choice. In fact, if it had been his choice, the bird would have been gone a long time ago.

"You can't just run, ya idiot!" Akefia had snapped at him. He picked up rocks from the ground and started hurling them toward the bird. "Didn't your momma teach you how to defend yourself?"

To Bone's astonishment, the rocks actually seemed to be working. The winged monster had backed off some, screeching indignantly. It turned its attention to Akefia then, talons poised to strike.

"Come at me ya dumb pile of dung!" Akefia had cried boldly, apparently unafraid.

Bone envied that confidence, that resolve. He hurriedly searched for rocks near himself and copied the scarred rabbit's technique. The bird quickly realized this was a battle it wouldn't be able to win and flew off in defeat.

"And don't come back!" Akefia spat at the retreating bird, proud of his victory. He had turned around then, apparently content to take his win and go on his way.

"Wait!" Bone had called out, the first actual word he'd spoken to the other buck.

Akefia paused, looking back at Bone over his shoulder. "Eh? What do you want?"

"I... Thank you. What is your name? I am called Bone."

"Bone, huh? Yeah, I like that. I think it suits you," the other buck had replied with a grin. "Name's Akefia."

"Akefia... Thank you, I am in your debt."

It was in that moment that Bone found his resolve. This rabbit had just saved his life and he fully intended to repay that debt, even if it meant following him to the ends of the world.

449 words

Last edited by a moderator:

Absolutiones

Stew Aficionado
D
Dice Rolled:
🎲d20 11 11

Redeemed
Akefia woke to find himself alone in the burrow. It wasn't a new occurrence, Bone often rose before him and he'd lived alone until last spring when they had met. Sometimes he preferred it that way.

The scarred buck stretched and cleared the bedding from his fur before hopping out of the burrow. Unsurprisingly, the aforementioned albino was seated just outside watching the sun. He never strayed far unless Akefia ordered him otherwise. A blessing and a curse. He seemed rather deep in thought until he uttered, "I am in your debt..."

Akefia gave him an odd look, eyes narrowed and head tilting slightly. "Eh?? What are you going on about now?" he asked, his voice still rough with sleep.

Bone startled at the sudden question, bringing an amused smirk to Akefia's visage. "Ah, nothing. I was just remembering last spring."

"Hm. Well, enough of that, we've got work to do."

151 words
600 total

Last edited by a moderator: