Group statistics

Members:
Threads:

Latest posts

Group events

Warriors: Cats of the Sun

[PRP] A Hopeful Hunt (Streamheart, Thomas, & Fawndance)

NatiStorm

Grizzled Veteran
D
Streamheart found it refreshing to have new members joining her clan. The combination of new clan youth and new members seemed to breathe a bit of life into her otherwise dying clan. It gave Streamheart something to be hopeful for at least. If these loners were able to survive the wilds without a clan for so long, they must be good at hunting, right? Eager to observe the hunting methods of her new clanmates and get to know them better, Streamheart nearly jumped for joy when she heard her name being assigned to take Thomas and Fawndance hunting.

Wasting no time, the gray stripped she-cat quickly padded over to the first one of her daily companions that she could find, which happened to be Thomas. Streamheart flicked her ears towards the tom as a friendly acknowledgment. Scanning the few remaining cats of her clan that were gathered for the morning assignments, it didn’t take long for her eyes to land on Fawndance. She waved the other she-cat over with a flick of her tail.

Hi! I haven’t really had the chance to spend much time with either of you so I’m excited that we get to go out together.” She greeted them both with an excited chip, her tail swishing enthusiastically in the air behind her. “Oh, sorry, my name is Streamheart, it’s nice to officially meet you both.

As she familiarized herself with her clanmates scents, she took a deep breath of fresh air. Upon releasing it, she smiled and looked towards the camp exit. It had been weeks since Streamheart felt this energetic and eager to get going. Oh yes, today was going to be a good day for hunting, she could feel it.

@belloblossom @Blinded By Silence

Blinded By Silence

Grizzled Veteran
D
Thomas had been up for a while. There wasn't much difference in this new nest compared to his old one, in fact, laying on top of his bandana was more comfortable. Maybe it was the sounds of sleeping cats around him or having a roof over his head, stone as it was, that kept him from dozing. Maybe it was just the fact of change. He was excited for this new chapter in his life, but, he wouldn't lie, all he had to go on were the half-remembered second-hand stories from his mother. Today was his first hunting guard. Er, patrol? He was hunting today, he knew that. And so, he stood there, awkwardly shifting from paw to paw, catching himself grooming his now exposed chest, wondering what exactly he should do next.

When cats started to trickle into the ravine, into the camp, he rose to his paws eagerly. He looked around, wondering who he should ask, mentally trying to put names to faces when he met eyes with, oh gosh, what was her name... Stream...

"Oh, g'morning! Streamheart, thank you. Still figuring out ya'lls names, don't worry, I'll get it eventually." He turned to the other newcomer, "Fawn, right? No wait, Fawndance? Forgot you added that extra part." He grinned sheepishly, "Look at me, rambling like an exciting kit. Sorry 'bout that."

@NatiStorm @belloblossom

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
Fawndance had been surprised to be invited out with another Clan cat, but she felt some kinship with the cat who called himself Thomas. It sounded like a house cat name and the cloth around his neck certainly was an indicator of such origins, too, yet... he had come to MountainClan. She may not be familiar with the ways of Twolegs - and by the way that she'd heard Tigersun and other MountainClan warriors speak of them, that was for the best - but this ginger tomcat seemed pleasant enough.

She listened to the chatter of her two new Clanmates and offered them each a smile.
"I, too, am happy to be apart of the hunt. You have my thanks for inviting me out here, Streamheart." She mewed, before turning her head to Thomas and shook her head. "Fawn, Fawndance, so long as you don't insult me, you may call me whatever you'd wish, really." She curled her tail up. "I really took the warrior name to please Tigersun. The more that tomcat stretches into a better humor, the better for me - and, well, for all of us." She flicked her ears, embarrassed and awkward. "But, um, lead the way Streamheart. Where are we hunting today?" @NatiStorm @Blinded By Silence

Blinded By Silence

Grizzled Veteran
D
"If I ever do such a thing, you're right welcome to claw my ears, ma'am."
He said with a laugh, "Though, I'd never wish to do such a thing."

Thomas nodded, "Yeah, he wants me to take on one of those names too, but," He shook his head, "I don't even know where to start! It's not like Thomas means anything, you know? It just, well it just is what it is. So I'd need a whole new name, it seems like." He gives a big sigh, exasperated with the whole thing.

"Anyway, let's get going, yeah?"

@NatiStorm @belloblossom

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
Fawndance nodded her sympathy to Thomas, understanding the naming confusion. She'd been lucky, she supposed, to be named after an agile creature... albeit a delicate one. She made a point that should she have any kits in the future, they were all going to have names that implied strength or skill, not fragility. If there was one thing she was absolutely certain of having come to MountainClan, it was that despite all their hardships, they were far from weak. So to would her kittens be, if something like that was even in her future.

Tigersun's image flashed through her mind and she felt her fur warm. She'd been getting mixed messages from her leader. If he didn't make a move sooner than later, Fawndance was going to have to take matters into her own paws.

As Thomas suggested they continued on, she blinked out of her daydream and nodded.
"Yes, let's be off." She said and while she understood that Streamheart likely new the territory better than either of the two newcomers, Fawndance found herself at the front of the patrol. "Alright, Streamheart, if you have any suggestions where to go, this would be the time to say something otherwise..." She turned her gaze through the trees. "We could see about headed into the trees and see if we can't wrestle up some mice or something of the like?" She suggested, glancing behind her at her two Clanmates. @Blinded By Silence @NatiStorm