Threads:

Latest posts

Group events

Warriors: Cats of the Sun

[PRP] A New Leader Steps Forth... [Robinflight x SunClan]

Blinded By Silence

Grizzled Veteran
D
The Sun Pool was nothing like the dense trees of the territory Robinflight had chosen for their clan. The glowing lake of golden still water shone warmly over the stony shore where the lightly colored calico would wake. Dovetail smiled down at them, so happy to see how this young cat had truly come into her own. With a gesture, she welcomes the other cats to step forward.

"Welcome. Robinflight. This is the Sun Pool. We're ready for your leader ceremony," She said lightly before settling down into her important voice, "It has been known that a leader's duty is to be the first into battle and the last one to eat so that their clan may have the strength to flourish. It has been decided that those willing to give their lives for their clan should be able to do so freely. No longer will a clan be left so quickly." Dovetail smiled, "Today, Robinflight, you will be given nine lives, so that you may serve your clan to your fullest capabilities."

She would step aside and let the first cat come forward, wondering what attribute they would bless this new leader with.

Revel

Grizzled Veteran
D
Cowslip watched as Dovetail was the first to greet Robinflight, she smiled warmly as the pale cat spoke. She waited politely until Dovetail had finished, looked around to see if any other cats were stepping forward, when not did, she took a step, then another.

"Welcome Robinflight" she said, her voice warm and full of love. "I've never really been known as a cat very good with words but i will try my best" she touched her nose to Robinflight's forehead "With this life i give you the gift of Humility, Even as a Leader, you need to know when to admit you are wrong, just we we perhaps were, that you should take others opinions and thoughts on board to fully support your clan and not to always think you know the best just because you are leader" She wasn't sure she had said properly what she meant but she was sure Robinflight would understand, she hoped so anyway. She stepped back among the gathered cats and waited to see who would grant Robinflight her next life, her next gift. She was sure Robinflight would take her clan to new heights. Cowslip chuckled a little bit to herself at her private joke.

Blinded By Silence

Grizzled Veteran
D
A large tom stepped forward from the back of the group, his memory so old he was barely visible anymore. Despite this, the thick-furred cat beamed with pride at the young new leader before him.

"Robinflight," Her name felt distant in his old voice, and when the breeze caught him, it carried to her the gentle scent of herbs, "I lived my life dutifully to my clan, but in doing so I lived a lie. I was so keen to prove myself that I ignored my truest self until I could not any longer." He leaned down and touched his nose to the soft cat's forehead and continued, "With this life, I give you the gift of Integrity. Be true to yourself, your values, and your word, for without them, you will never truly be yourself."

And with that, the Medicine Cat Apprentice stepped back, fading with each step.

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
Gingerpaw had been watching the new leaders approach, but had yet to move forward. In life, she'd been looked down on for her lack of a tail - it hadn't been her fault that she'd been born that way, but everyone seemed to think she couldn't be as good of a fighter or hunter without a tail to add to her balance. She knew the rumors had only continued after her death. She flexed her claws, kneading the ground anxiously. Humility... Intregity... both the lives the cats who came before her sounded so grown-up and official. Yet, Gingerpaw would never have that chance. She may not have been able to make anything of her life, but maybe she could make something of her afterlife.

"Robinflight," She mewed, as she started forward. "There are so many things a leader should have, but... I think I would've benefitted from this one, had my leader and my Clanmates believed in me a little more." She raised her head to meet the spotted she-cat's eyes. "I am passing Acceptance on to you. Every cat, no matter their differences, is valuable to Clan life. I don't want to find out you've discriminated against any cat for having no tail, or sight, or wobbly legs - cause I'll find some way to come by and claw your ears off!" She could feel herself getting defensive - that couldn't look good in front of Dovetail or the other cats, she had to end this fast.

Jumping up a little, she bonked her nose against Robinflight's and then stumbled backwards. There, that's all that she needed to do right? She felt a residual soreness in her nose - something she hadn't felt since life, so that was probably a sign that the life passed through successfully right. Yeeeeah, she was sure it was gonna be fine.

Nym

actual trash
D
Staff member
Mod
She couldn't help but feel pride swell in her chest as she watched Robinflight behind closed eyes. Three new leaders -- three new clans. If you had asked her if she ever thought the once mighty MountainClan would fracture into four when she had been alive she might have laughed. The clan had once been so bountiful and alive, and now... The change had swallowed everything whole, and Morningsky could only believe that it'd be for the better. She had to, because the other option was oblivion for her people, and that was a thought she couldn't stand.
The only way to go forward was to embrace change and explore what they hadn't long ago.
"Robinflight," she called as she approached, sweeping to a still before the cat. "You have other lives to accept and a clan to fight for, so I will be quick; the life I give you is curiosity, for only through new eyes and a curious soul will we continue forward from our past and carve a new way."
She touched her nose to Robinflight's and remained, lingering through the flash of intense and lingering adrenaline sent through the new leader. The wave would slowly ebb into normality, and by then Morningsky had wandered back to her position.

Nym

actual trash
D
Staff member
Mod
It was his turn, and now his third leader! Suddenly, death was far more exciting than it had been for the generations, and now he had something to do. He bounded towards Robinflight once it was his turn, tail flicking in an erratic rhythm behind him. Ohhh, he didn't think he could contain his energy much longer. Which- actually- wait!

"Hi, hello!"
He chirped, eyes drifting to her pelt. Wow- she had spots just like himself! "You're pretty," he blurted, owlishly blinking up at her. Oh, right- the lives! Shaking his head, Pebblekit rubbed a paw over his face before looking back up at the other cat.
"I give you the life of energy! To keep going and going and going, so you can achieve all your goals and then some!" He lifted upwards, gesturing for her to lower her head until he could press his nose to hers. His life was a quick and rapid feeling of energy rushing through Robinflight, likely overwhelming at first until it settled into a strong buzz. He grinned up at her one last time before bounding back to his spot in the lineup.

Tigeria

Veteran
D

Stonepaw trotted with a long proud gait on light paws, straight up to new leader in the making. Seeing cat after cat recently gave him hope that the clans would be as strong if not stronger than the one they all came from.

"Robinflight with this life I give you Independence." He smirked as he touched his nose to hers. "Lead the clan fairly and with no influences other than your own, even when in the middle of many hardships." The life he wanted in his own life. The freedom to move from place to place without worry that their decisions were someone else's plan. He nodded to her as he made room for the next sunclan member to approach.

PeterPan_da144

Stew Aficionado
D
Supporter

Thistlefur was not the first to go this time. She'd been too eager to give Tigersun his new lives, and had not been prepared for these new leaders to blossom forth. So for now, she sat back and listened to the others, gauging the gifts they bestowed.

Humility, integrity, acceptance, curiosity, energy, independence... What could Thistlefur offer to this budding new leader?

Slowly, she padded forward, warmth radiating from her as she approached the younger cat. "It's been a while, Robinflight," she purred, brushing her cheek against the others. "With this life, I give you the gift of Forethought."

Her nose brushed against the others cheek as she pulled back, and Robinflight would feel a sense of foreboding wash over her.

"You must always listen to your clan, but also to your surroundings. You have a big heart, Robinflight, but do not get swept up in everyone else. Keep an eye on the future and what it might hold, and never lose sight of it."

Slowly, she stepped back, dipping her head in respect.

kovak

Grizzled Veteran
D

Floodkit was excited to be at another ceremony, this time it was for Robinflight! He listened to all the gifts, and tried to come up with one he thought would benefit the new leader.

"Hi Robinflight, with this life I give you the gift of loyalty. Stay loyal to your clanmates, and stay loyal to the warrior code."

He then bounded back to where he was before, waiting for Dovetail.

Blinded By Silence

Grizzled Veteran
D
Dovetail approached last, purring at the young leader who stood before her. "Robinflight, I give you the gift of adventure. Push the boundaries of normalcy and discover new traditions to bring your clan to new heights," She giggled lightly, pressing her nose to the calico.

Stepping back, she said officially, pushing the laughter from her voice, "I hail you by your new name, Sunflight. Today you leave your past life behind you. You have now received the nine lives of a leader, and SunClan grants you the guardianship of MountainClan. Defend it well; care for young and old; honor your ancestors and the traditions of the warrior code; live each life with pride and dignity. Such is the way of the Clans."

Dovetail was the first to raise her voice to the skies, welcoming the new leader and her new clan.