Discussions:

Latest posts

Group events

Hopscotch ☘ A Rabbit Shop

[PRP] All That Glitters Isn't Safe

Alanna the Pirate Queen

Long-Term Resident
D
Damselfly was not normally the most adventurous doe. She liked the calm and the quiet, spending most days in and around her beautiful burrow with its painted walls and beautifully arranged interior. Alas, today was slightly different. She decided to venture from her home in Sunset Acres to explore the Tanglewood after hearing a pair of bucks chattering about finding somethings extraordinarily shiny and beautiful amidst the trees. She couldn't quite make out what they were, but it was said to bring good fortune to those who possessed them. She had been traveling along for a few days now, only sometimes stopping to ponder whether or not this journey was smart during this lean time of year. Just a little further... she would think to herself when the nights got too cold or the days were filled with hungry pangs in her stomach. The trees were quite thick here, and the gentle if a little prissy doe began to wonder if she would know how to get home...

wc: 168

Ellanoire

Grizzled Veteran
D
Meadowfoam had tucked himself under a sturdy tree branch, to keep out of the wind and the intermittent cold rain. Winter wasn't very pleasant, that was for sure. But these trees were sure doing a good job keeping the harshest of the winds off. At least he was pretty sure that was due to the trees. Really, the only reason he was hear was he'd heard some other rabbits mentioning that the Tanglewood was a good place to winter. Because it was less windy. Seemed like it was true. He twitched his ears happily, pleased that he'd overheard that good piece of advice.

While musing about what a good job the trees were doing, he noticed something moving. He perked up, looking closer. Ah! Another rabbit! ... And such a pretty rabbit at that! His mouth gaped open, looking at the complex dye over her back and face. "Wow!" He blurted out, loudly.

Meadowfoam didn't leave the comfort of his sheltering branch, but he excitedly called out to the doe. "Hello hello! Are you here to get out of the wind too? I'm Meadowfoam! It's true - the trees really do block the wind!"

wc: 192

@Alanna the Pirate Queen

Alanna the Pirate Queen

Long-Term Resident
D
Damselfly was on high alert as she meandered through the forest. She was well aware of the dangers that lurked amidst the trees, and she was not about to picked off by something large and sharp-toothed while looking for shiny things. Alas, she was not expecting a rabbit tucked away under a lump of wood. When the voice helloed out to her, the poor doe was unable to resist her basic instinct- jump and run. However, it only took a few good hops for her brain to kick in and register that it had been another rabbit and not some spooky creature out to eat her. With a less than patient sigh, she turned back around and hopped a little closer to the stranger. It would be rude to continue on her way without introducing herself, she thought a little begrudgingly, until she noticed the stranger was in fact a buck... and a rather handsome one at that.

With a slightly coy smile she replied, "You gave me quite the start, dear Meadowfoam. I didn't see you under there. My name is Damselfly". She paused and looked a little closer at the space the strange buck occupied, "That does look rather cozy from the wind... is this your winter burrow?" It seemed a little small, but Damselfly wasn't about to openly judge someone's home.

wc: 224
Total wc: 392

@Ellanoire

Last edited by a moderator:

Ellanoire

Grizzled Veteran
D
Meadowfoam felt a stab of guilt as the doe turned tail and ran. At least it had only lasted for a couple of steps. He extracted himself from his shelter, trying his best to be more polite. Polite bucks did not startled does. He was pretty sure, at least. And Meadowfoam did try his hardest to be polite.

He bashfully put his ears back. "My apologies. I thought you would have seen me. That wasn't very polite of me. At all." He shook his head, glancing at the ground. But he also could't help tilting his head and sneaking a peak at the doe once more. Such dye! "What a lovely name! I think it suits you!" That was polite. Saying nice things. He was sure of that one.

At her question, he glanced at his little nook. "Uh ... I guess it must be? I overheard other rabbits talking about how the trees keep the wind off you. I decided to uh ... try it out. I've been trying it out all day, and it's doing a good job." He puffed his chest out proudly.

"Did you come here to get away from the wind, too? If so, good choice!" His mouth ran a mile a minute, oblivious to the fact he was talking quite loudly in the Tanglewood. He just wanted to figure out if this doe had heard the same talk he had.

wc: 234
twc: 426
@Alanna the Pirate Queen