Discussions:

Latest posts

Group events

Kitsusagi Realms

[PRP] Books are as good as people? - A Less & Vald RP

Lessieal

Long-Term Resident
D
Outside never bothered him, far from it, the nice breeze during this time of month with the heat to warm felt wonderful. It was what you ran into outside that made Lute so nervous at times that he would drop his books. Clutching a stack of books to his chest he would huddle thru the streets looking for a place of peace. His normal stuff library seemed to have a book reading or famous author or the like show up and the crowded was unbearable. He was lucky enough to manage to grab a few books and run to the check out. Then again . . . he was almost afraid to look and see if he was carrying even all the books he wanted or grabbed some random strange book he would have never read before.

Oh well, these would have to be enough for at least the rest of the day he compromise. He would read them all never the less knowing he would be left would time to kill afterwards. How to fill it? He would just have to get creative, but now . . . to find a place to escape too.

WC: 197

Oh boy another sunrise another day to suffer, at least this is the way Vaneer looked at life in his present days. How to describe a day like this? A nice breeze that's only purpose seemed to be blowing his bangs in his face. Warm day no it was hot! You would think with flames on his body he would love that temp, but no he hated it! Then again he didn't find much he like these days. No joy in his life no companionship only the constant chase of a high that he never felt he could quite achieve. He had a problem, but he wasn't about to admit that to himself.

Vaneer pulled himself from his regular haunts and wandered aimlessly as he often would. He had not purpose and no where to be after all. Vaneer looked at his claws as he walked letting his mind wander so of course he never saw the kitsu carrying the books and walked strait into him. Vaneer let out a huff and his fire billowed at his shoulders. "What the....watch it....got enough books there.....you are like a walking library." He sneered a bit.

WC: 193

Lessieal

Long-Term Resident
D
"Ooof!" Was all Lute could let out before falling back the books scattering about him and the one he bumped into. A panic cute look as he was focus more on the books than the one he hit. "I apologize." He muttered softly as he gathered, expecting each and every book with care. He was worried any may be damaged. Books obviously deserved more attention and love than that in his eyes.

A weak smile and laugh at the joke the other gave. It was a joke right? He would slowly glance up from his sitting position after the books were neatly stacked in front of him. This of course cause a surprise reaction perhaps even one of fear as he kicked the books trying to back up suddenly due to what he saw. "a . . . a nightmare." Out of all the things and people he bumped into why did it have to be one of them? Was he dead? Would this nightmare burn his books now? Oh no! Not the books, he rather be dead than that. How would he explain it to the librarian if that happened.

WC: 191
TWC: 388

Vaneer tapped his claws a bit annoyed that the kitsu before him didn't even bother to look at him. Wait there was a look of some sort, panic mostly but somehow a little bit cute. Nah that was his imagination playing tricks on him. "You better..." Vaneer grumbled before picking up one of the books before Lute could reach it. He turned it over curiously he wouldn't admit it but he didn't know how to read well. Basic stuff yes ,but enough to finish books like these no way. Still he pretended he could and flipped though it acting curious though not very gentle with the book. He wasn't ripping it or anything just not giving it the full respect a book might need.

Vaneer's raised a brow as the angelic before him started to panic. Oh one of those that just assumed who and what Vaneer was based on appearance. Well that was something he was rather used to so he huffed and tried not to show his teeth in frustration. "Yes a a a nightmare." He said with a tsk in his voice. "And your a a a a angelic....with tiny wings from the look of it." Vaneer tilted his head a little to look at the other more. "But I'm pretty sure we both have names and don't get refereed to as our species. Mine is Vashi Vaneer." He said snapping the book shut but still holding on to it.

WC: 243
TWC: 436

Lessieal

Long-Term Resident
D
When Vaneer picked up the book Lute froze, unsure what to do only to give a sigh of relief as the other seemed curious. That means the book might be spared right? "I didn't mean to bump into you." He stated only to frown at his comment about his tiny wing . . . yeah that was it but not really. "Not tiny, removed." It was Lute's turn to huff as he seemed to gain a bit of courage at that stacking the rest of the books before lifting them again to carry. Pausing since he couldn't very well grab the book back from the nightmare with his arms full. But glad this one didn't attack and strike. "Lute." He muttered softly only to realized the other gave his full name and he would sigh. "Lute Adonis Adonis Senshi if names even truly matter." He would shrug, after all his last name wasn't his birth last name but the one he was given by the one whom adopted him as a child.

A hesitation and he would glance to the book in the other's hand. "If you're not going to hurt or punish me from bumping into you. Mind adding that back to my stack? I wish to get out of here before it gets too crowded." He confessed looking off to the side not able to meet the other's eyes. What was the point in doing so anyways? So he had made a mistake, this wasn't one of the bad nightmares he heard horror stories about. He should have known better, his adopted sister was a nightmare and one of the sweetest if not most pushy people he knew. "I apologize for running into you, and the rude greeting. I was just startled."

WC: 295
TWC: 486

Vaneer raised a brow when the other mentioned his wings had been removed. So he hadn't been born that way someone had maimed this creature before him. That was a curious fact to hold on to. He had enough sense to know asking about it when you had just met someone might be rude, though it was burning him with curiosity to know. "I think names matter." Vaneer said in a matter of fact way. "It's part of who you are rather you like it or not. And its better then being called hey you or hey you nightmare ." Vaneer shrugged though it wasn't his to worry about what this Lute thought of his name.

"Hurt you? Punish you? I can get grumpy at times by I don't run around dealing out punishments." He laughed he couldn't help, but do so then he looked to the wings. Had a nightmare done that? His ears twitched a bit, he knew there was those of his kind that were horrid to deal with but there were just as many that weren't like that. Should it matter to Vaneer how Lute looked upon his kinda? Maybe not but the fact stood that he did care. "Thank you for the apologize and honestly I wasn't looking where I was going either." Vaneer frowned not liking to admit to things. "I'm just a little on edge and it's not fair of me to make you take sole responsibility for bump in the road." Vaneer admitted, but Lute would notice he had not added the book into the stack yet. "Hmm....it is getting a little crowded isn't it?" Vaneer smiled a little and put the book in his own bag. "So lets go where do you have in mind Lute? Can we get some snacks on the way I've got a rumble in my stomach."

WC: 309

TWC: 745

Lessieal

Long-Term Resident
D
Lute glanced to the nightmare when he spoke how he felt names were important. "They are but a title, changed at a whim and random, and can be lied about if one wishes." A shrug of the shoulder as if it didn't matter either way.

A frown and mutter to himself only to quickly shake his head when the nightmare stated he didn't hurt people. "Disregard my words early. Consider it some early brainwashing I'm trying to get past." He confessed annoyed at himself although it could have came off as it was towards the other. Slowly Lute would glance to meet the other's eyes when he spoke of not watching where he was going as well. A weak smile despite himself, Lute was his own softy at times after all. Only for it to quickly fade when the other pocketed the book. Wait . . . he was to join the nightmare somewhere quiet and alone? Was this crazy? Did he have a death wish? But the book! He couldn't just lose the book, sure he could rebuy it perhaps for the library but that wasn't the point. It had a life of it's own in Lute's eyes. One that spoke of all that read and loved it before him.

"I suppose, to get that book back, I am the one who will need to pay." Lute muttered annoyed but obviously given in. "I usually am at the library, but today . . . it is crowded for some reason." His frustration was clear on his face when he said this. "I just want a spoke void of people to bug me, preferably one where my sister also won't find me." A light sigh at that thought, if Elisa came he wouldn't be able to read at all, in fact she might tease and take/hide some of the books herself till he promised to hang out or do stuff for him. A glance at the other nightmare with those thoughts. Was that what this one was doing? Was this a nightmare trait in general he started to ponder.

WC: 353
TWC: 839

"Thats true, but its also true that a name is what you are remembered by?" Vaneer added. "Even if the name you gave was a stage name. People will still attach what you do to that name while you use said name and it spreads faster then people knowing your face." Vaneer shrugged though.

"Alright I will. I take it either you or someone you know didn't have good experiences or opinions of nightmares.....I guess its not really unfounded worries." Vaneer sighed a bit about it though. Vaneer seemed to smile back when Lute met eyes with him. That gave Vaneer a little more hope in this interaction though hope of what he had no idea, but they were getting past the oh no scary nightmare thing so progress was progress.

Vaneer gave another raised brow then laughed. "I'm perfectly capable of paying for my own food or singing for it at least." He smirked a Lute though. "To get the book back I just wanna spend some time hanging out with you. I'm sure you are wondering why and to be honest I have no idea. but I've always had a good sense of things that need to happen and I feel like this is something that needs to happen." Vaneer explained though he was pretty sure it didn't make any sense to anyone but him. Vaneer pondered what Lute said and tried to think of a place to go. His home was quite, but he wasn't about to bring a stranger there. "There is a resting spot not far from here we could probably go there." Vaneer suggested. "Unless you know somewhere else to go."

WC:277
TWC: 1022

Lessieal

Long-Term Resident
D
"You sing?" Lute asked, feeling stupid for doing so afterwards. Of course the nightmare sung, he just stated he did, didn't he? And well enough to get stuff from doing so? A bard of sorts perhaps. Blinking wondering why he felt a slight blush although still quiet wary of the other's words. He seemed determined to spend time with him. Either this was a trap and Lute feared the out come of waking up battered and torn on a back alley somewhere after who knows what; or this one was like his sister. The later would still be annoying, if he came off as pushy as well but much less horrible. Who knows, he knew he had to fight his thoughts on nightmares, after all so far this one has done no harm to him or his books.

"What sort of snacks are you craving?" He asked softly uncertain, of course he would have to get something to drink with most. A glance to his arms full of books, not sure he would be able to carry much more . . . maybe balance a bag on top? But that would start to interfere with his vision in front and where to walk. With Vaneer's mention of a resting spot Lute's gears in his mind were turning fast as he thought and considered. "I could show you a secret place, if you promise no harm to it or to show others without my permission." He finally gave in with a gently sigh. This was a place Elisa knew of but maybe if she came and saw that he had someone there she would leave them alone. Who was he kidding she would barge in wanting to make a new friend. Hopefully she wouldn't show in case this stranger proved not to be safe.

WC: 303
TWC: 1142