Group statistics

Members:
Threads:

Latest posts

Group events

Warriors: Cats of the Sun

[PRP] Hear All About It! (Lin/Mr.Sullivan)

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
There had been a moving van in the neighborhood. Lin had watched it come and go a few times now. Once, when the Twoleg family and their terrible white dog, packed their belongings into a car and the van and left, never to be seen again. Then, it returned, with plenty of new furniture being hauled out of it, before it was gone again. The final time Lin saw it, there was more furniture, a couple of two legs and their kit, and the most interesting of all, a cat carrier. Lin had moved from the front window to the back door and out the flap in the door. He'd hopped up onto the fence adjacent with the newcomer's house and waited. Much to his irritation at the time, he'd waited until his dinner hour for the new cat to arrive, yet he was greeted by no one.

Lin had come out the next two days for the same purpose, waiting on the fence with an intense eagerness in his bright blue eyes. It was on the third day that he had given up. Maybe the carrier held no cat, but some other lesser creature. Maybe it held a stuffed toy for the twoleg kit to play with. Either way, Lin had become thoroughly convinced that there was no cat in that home, for otherwise they surely would've been out to visit their new neighbors.

"It's very rude to not introduce yourself to the neighborhood!" He yowled his frustration, claws grabbing into the fence posts, before he stood to leave. Bell wasn't usually out this early into the afternoon, but Lin had his ways of coercing the fat white and black tomcat out of his den. He sighed at the prospect of having to hear about the wonders of the kittypet food Bell was "oh, so blessed with" day after day. Glancing over his shoulder for a final time at the garden patio of the neighbor's yard. Wait- was that a flash of a white tail? Paws scrambling, he called over the side of the fence. "Hey! HEY! Is someone there?!" He called, his voice sounding near desperate.

Last edited:

I--LiveWire--I

Veteran
D

Sullivan wasn't fond of the carrier, but he had known things were different this time when his twolegs had packed him away inside it with extra blankets and a few crunchy snacks. This was however due to the fact they had been filling boxes and removing all the furniture for days before. A bit nervous, he was overall excited about this new change and wondered what it would be like at the new nest.

Once at the new nest it didn't take him long to explore it and wish to check out the lush yard he had seen from the window. Their old place hadn't had a setup like that. But no matter how he begged over the next couple of days the flap remained locked and he had to settle for exploring the nooks inside half empty boxes and observe his two legs arrange furniture from the tallest places he could find.

Then finally it happened and after waking from a morning nap in a sunbeam he checked the flap and it opened. Eyes alight he slipped outside and paused on the patio to stretch and sniff the air and take in all the new and interesting scents. He could smell other cats as well as many prey scents and he considered maybe tracking one down later and see if he could catch it.

As he moved across the patio towards a shrub to investigate it he heard the sound of scrabbling paws quickly followed by a voice that sounded desperate enough he half wondered if they were in trouble. He perked his head up and leapt up onto the table, that sat on the patio encircled by chairs, to get a better look at the source. He spotted the off white color of the cat's fur easily as they sat on the fence that divided the twoleg nests.

"Hey, to you too." He responded brightly. "Did you by chance need something?" He inqured, just to be sure this new cat wasn't in any trouble. As they did seem a bit frantic, or maybe excited, it could be hard to tell with new cats. Though he didn't scent any fear so didn't feel there was any danger for himself or this other tome.

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
To say that Lin was gobsmacked when a cat actually appeared and spoke to him, after this long of waiting, would be the understatement of the month. His mouth hung open in obvious surprise and it took a brief moment before he could reply. With a wide smile, he perked his ears and smoothed his fur of the excitement in it. He couldn't help but knead the fence post awkwardly in his growing delight. So there WAS a cat who had moved in!

"You have no idea how long I've been waiting to speak with you!" He called back down. "I was beginning to believe there wasn't a cat in this den at all, with how long it's taken you to come out!" He rumbled out a purr, pleased as a kitten with its mother. "Greetings, neighbor! My name is Lin, I live on the other side of this fence. Let me be the first to welcome you to the neighborhood! Please, I insist that you come upon this fence and we can discuss matters at a closer proximity. I find my Twolegs don't mind me yowling into other yards, but I have yet to size up your own and judge for their patience in the regard." He cleared his throat. "Besides, there is much news to be exchanged and I would rather prefer not to yell." He beckoned with a paw for the cat to take a place on the fence beside him. Oh, this was so thrilling! Oh, but first, the most important bit of information to be asked. "Say, what's your name, neighbor?" @I--LiveWire--I

Last edited:

I--LiveWire--I

Veteran
D
Sullivan observed the tom with a growing smile as the look of shock was smoothed away by one of delight. Then they opened their mouth and began to speak, or perhaps ramble was a better word for the torrent of words that spilled from the white tom like a burst dam. Sullivan had opened his mouth at several points to answer or chime in but before he could get a word out he would be cut off by another.
So, he sat down and curled his tail around his feet and looked up at Lin with a bright twinkle of amusement in his eyes as he waited for a chance to reply.

"Now that was quite the greeting." He said with a smile, as he rose to his paws again to take Lin up on the offer to converse on the fence. Hopping off the table he quickly padded to towards the fence and launched himself up to join the tom before continuing to speak. "The name's Sullivan, Sullivan Wiggles. It is a pleasure to meet you Lin." He gave Lin a nod of the head as he once again sat letting his tail hang off the edge of the fence.

"What is it that you wish to discuss?" Sullivan inquired curiously. Feeling almost inferior for his lack of words by comparison, but genuinely already enjoying the energy of this new tom.

@belloblossom

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
Lin was positively beaming at his newest companion - ah, what a treat this would be! When the other cat introduced himself, he blinked his delight.

"Sullivan Wiggles is a fine name." He remarked. "And well, Sullivan, or perhaps, may I call you Sully? If that is not too bold; I do wish to be acquaintances; perhaps even friends!... as time and good graces allow for it, of course." He bent his head to lick his chest a few times - he was getting too worked up. He didn't want to overwhelm this newcomer, especially when he'd been nothing but gracious so far!

"As for discussions: well, you! Where do you come from, Sullivan? Was the move a pleasant one? Do you have any questions about the neighborhood? I've lived here for a while now. If you're interested in knowing about the who's who, so to speak, well, you've found the right cat for that job." A pause and then he added. "Though to start with, a piece of advice: there's a house across the street and a few yards down. It has a yellow door, which makes it stand out from the rest. The Twolegs there have two dogs, one who is very small and vicious - looks more like a rat than anything and the other who is very large and loud, but... well, rumor has it that he's harmless," Lin looked skeptical at the idea; he had heard of some dogs being friendly, but one look at that beast's teeth gave should give any reasonable feline the spooks. "Anyway, since you're new to the neighborhood, I'd suggest staying well away from it all the same."

Inclining his head to the yellow and white tomcat, he indicated that Sullivan was welcome to cut in now, for Lin had the lurking feeling that perhaps his ramblings, advice included or not, had gone on a bit too long. @I--LiveWire--I

I--LiveWire--I

Veteran
D
Sullivan chuckled lightly in genuine delight at the sheer energy of this new cat. The words seemed to just flow forth so freely and with such a vibrant spirit and curiosity. He instantly liked this new tom Lin, and was sure that they would get along just fine.

As he could, he fit in some replies during the small pauses.
"Sully is perfectly fine. I do believe we are already on the path to friendship." He gave Lin a grin with twinkling eyes as they briefly groomed their chest.
"Far away."
"Traveling via twoleg cars is not my favorite."
"I'd love to hear all the juicy details of the neighborhood." He trailed off his thought in his mind as they provided intel on a twoleg family that had dogs nearby. He nodded and logged the details away for later use. Sure that sooner rather than later he may check it out for himself if for no other reason than curiosity.
He gave Lin a grin at her skeptical look. He knew better than to assume a dog, especially those large ones were nice by default. But he had known good dogs before but it was indeed better to be safe than dead.
"Duly noted. Thank you for the information. It is good to be in the know." He replied with a knowing nod.
"It is wonderful to meet another that shares interests, I'm sure we will get to spend time together swapping tidbits often." He gave him another feline grin. "Knowing isn't nearly as fun if the knowledge cannot be shared." He chuckled.
"Would you like to pick a topic to further discuss now?" He asked. He loved Lin's enthusiasm, he however preferred a tad bit less bouncing about topics. At least when he had so little information about his new neighborhood it was hard to fill in details or even provide answers at Lin's pace.

@belloblossom