Group statistics

Members:
Threads:

Latest posts

Group events

Warriors: Cats of the Sun

[PRP] I Can Do It Better! (Firekit/Tanglekit)

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D

Firekit had been born in the wild - the proper wild, not the trees that surrounded her now, but try as she might, she couldn't actually remember what the proper wild looked like - her eyes had only just opened when her parents took her and Kindlekit to their new home in TreeClan. For a brief moment, she and Kindlekit were the only kits in TreeClan, and then Elmripple had her litter and the Nursery got a lot more crowded. It was odd, sitting in the Nursery with Quietpaw and listening to how they were loners, once, but they were TreeClan cats now. As she grew older and as Elmripple's three kits began to grow older, Firekit started to have some manner of resentment boiling towards the proper TreeClan kits.

There were three of them, instead of Firekit and Kindlekit, who had been three, but were soon two. If Firekit and Kindlekit had been born into TreeClan, instead of the proper wild, would Blazekit still be alive? Firekit didn't know Blazekit well enough to miss him, but the loss of the brother he could've been was an ache in her belly, a hunger that would never go away, even for one so terribly young. Even as Elmripple's litter grew old enough to play with, Firekit stuck next to Kindlekit and would stare with bright, wide eyes at the other kits in the Nursery. Quietpaw had punished her publicly for it, but she could never express her deep loneliness and jealousy, that these TreeClan cats should all live, while Blazekit was... where? Was he in SunClan, or somewhere else entirely? She loathed to think of where her brother may have ended up. He'd been born into the proper wild, not TreeClan, so did that mean that he couldn't become apart of SunClan?

Eventually, all her tiny kit pouting came to a head when she cornered one of Elmripple's kits - Tanglekit, she remembered - while they were outside the Nursery, their mothers chatting and their siblings talking amongst themselves nearby.
"You're not a real wild cat! My brother and I are stronger because we were born outside of a Clan - we weren't taken care of by day one. I bet that since I'm stronger, I can best you in a game of tag, or mossball, or even wrestling!" She announced defiantly. "Watch as I become the leader of the Clan - I'll do it better than any Clan-born cat could, that's for sure!" She went on, raising her nose and tail in the air. "Challenge me, if you dare, but I think we both know who the winner will already be." @AlicornPlayhouse