Discussions:

Latest posts

Group events

Hopscotch ☘ A Rabbit Shop

[PRP] Nothing To Sneeze At

Ellanoire

Grizzled Veteran
D
Hawberry was tried. And wet. Maybe in the reverse order. Winter had thawed into a wet, drizzly mess and he was really wondering about what life choices had lead him to be traipsing across Hopscotch at this time of the year. And then he remember his brother. Back in his burrow, ill. Very ill. Both Hawberry and Thornapple sneezed every now and then, and perhaps didn't feel their best, but Maythorn was in a far worse state. And they needed to go something about it. Hawberry had followed the rumors that Thornapple had carefully managed to curate, and they'd ended up in the Sunset Acres. The plants all around them were bursting to life, which was nice, but there didn't appear to be any apparent answers. The young buck also knew he was near the edge of the Arbor's territory, though they were reported to be a friendly lot. ... Maybe they knew more about what was going on? But if he went to them, would he be able to claim this story as his own? Choices, choices.

Thornapple trodged after his brother, taking the odd moment to marvel at all the greenery around them. Sunset Acres really did have a lot of plants. A lot a lot, even. If was so different from the Bough! He almost forgot their purpose for this whole trip as he surveyed the area. Figure out what was wrong with Maythorn, and figure out a way to fix it. Sure Hawberry was convinced he'd be getting some sort of story out of all this, but Thornapple was far more concerned about the problem at hand. He looked over at his brother, who seemed to be lost in thought. "Hawberry, don't you think we should find someone who knows this area?"

wc: 295

Dice Rolled:
🎲d20 8 18 26
Bramble Bark was thrilled the snow had thawed though wet and muddy it made the path it did little to dampen his spirits. The wet and mud gave way to the greenery of spring which meant that much more for Bramble to study. Moving slowly through each bush and thorny patch he made note of things he had seen before mumbling their names out loud and any little tid bit of information he might have about them. "Nettles edible while young." He snatched a young patch up and chewed on it. "Mmm yes highly recommended." He chuckled to himself then moved on to the next thing he saw. When it came to plants he might have a decent index of information to draw from. On the other paw when it came to knowledge of the exact plot of land he was on he was easily distracted therefore he easily did not know where he was at any given time. As far as rabbit warren territories went he did try to stay on the outskirts. Warren rabbits seemed to be picky about who ate the food their homes, imagine acting like they owned it! One could say Bramble's knowledge on dealing with other rabbits in large groups was limited. So when he spotted two rabbits in the distance he only felt excitement his curiosity often out weighed his common sense. Even though he had heard rumors of a sickness or danger of aggressive rabbits the benefit of knowledge he could gain by speaking with these bucks was far to important to pass up. "Greeting to you fellow travelers!" He called without giving it much thought. He hopped forwards eager to meet them though his ears seemed rather twitchy, something he suffered from when he was excited.

wc: 295

Ellanoire

Grizzled Veteran
D
Hawberry heard another rabbit call out, and whipped his heads up in response, his long ears smacking him in the back. He quickly hopped towards the other buck to close the distance. Perhaps this rabbit knew more about what was going on! "Ho traveler! Where have you just come from?" Instantly inquisitive, Hawberry carefully attempted to scrutinize this new comer's appearance. Was he from the Arbor? Somewhere further a field?

"We're here from the Bough of Song, investigating all of the rumors about an illness." He punctuated this with a big snotty sneeze. "Oh, sorry good fellow if that got on you."

Thornapple watched his brother go, shaking his head. Not much of a sense of caution. What if this lone buck was up to no good!?! Oh well, Hawberry seemed committed, so Thornapple was now obligated to provide back up. He hopped up and nodded politely to stranger, and then let out a little groan, hearing Hawberry jump right in. He tried to nudge his brother to get him to pull back a little, but it didn't seem to do any good at all.

wc: 185
twc: 480

Bramble Bark twitched his ears with more excitement. A good first response there was conversation to be had with at least one of the rabbits. "No where in particular and yet everywhere." Bramble Bark laughed and sat up for a moment trying to place exactly where they were at the moment. "Hmm hard to know where one had come from when one doesn't even know exactly where he is?" Bramble laughed sitting back down into a more comfortable position. At the sneeze Bramble Bark frowned and started to run a small clean over himself as it indeed had landed on him. Well to late to rethink this venture, hopefully any sickness this buck had would not spread to Bramble. "Bough of Song? That's your warren a presume, fascinating." Bramble Bark seemed to contemplate it a moment but he was really just cataloging that information in his memory. "I have heard rumor of this illness, but not yet run into it....well till now I'm guessing." He said with a frown. "My name is Bramble Bark, I don't have a warren, but I explore every where I can." He smiled. "I try to learn all I can, which is why I am delighted to see faces I have never seen before." Bramble Bark beamed. "Oh there is some young nettle just over there is delicious I highly recommend it. But I suppose we should stay on the matter at paw shouldn't we. So what are your names and in your investigation for information on this illness what do you know so far." Bramble sat still to listen but his ears never stopped twitching.

wc: 271
twc: 566

Last edited by a moderator:

Ellanoire

Grizzled Veteran
D
Hawberry listened carefully, nodding along, and then glancing at his brother. "I'm Hawberry and this is my brother Thornapple." He puffed up his chest. "We're adventurers from the Bough of Song, the most famous warren of them all!" Exaggeration? Maybe. "I'm going to find the best story and bring it back. And become one of the Honored!" He continued on, as if Bramble would have a good idea what he was nattering on about. At least until Thornapple interrupted him.

Cutting his brother off, Thornapple did his best to get a word in edgewise. "You sound like a member of our warren." He laughed quickly. "They're always wandering all over the face of Hopscotch, chasing down a new story. ... It's a bit still when you think more on it, really. But we're hear to find out more about this sickness. It looks like you've found out about it the hard way too ..." Thornapple sighed.

"Our brother back at home is sick, as are other members of our warren. Everywhere we've heard rabbits started getting sick here, in the Sunset Acres, right near the Arbor warren. We're doing our best to ascent the truth of the matter, and see if we can figure out how to make them better."

wc: 208
twc: 688