Natural Ability: Divine Favor
Class: Cleric
Class Ability: Healing Prayer

Setting: Farm Fields of Bree, in the Late Afternoon​

Last edited:

Zakiax

Stew Aficionado
D
Buttercup was making her rounds through the fields of Bree. The sun was just starting to begin it decent in the sky. Evening was near and she was nearly done with her search for the day. As her bright blue orbs scanned the plants as she walked through the fields checking closely for any diseased crops. Though it wasn't just disease that she watched out for. Pests or any other things that could ruin the harvest was another thing she kept a watchful eye on.

Once one field was clear for the day she would round to another. Most of the time she would just take a glance through, but there were times were she would stop to bend down closer to a specific plant or row of plants and make her observations.

WC: 133
TWC: 133

Lessieal

Long-Term Resident
D
Under a tree resting was where Zora currently laid. A soft yawn left his lips as he glared at the book that laid near him. Who knew there was so many herbs and plants to learn. So many that helped in different ways to heal and cure. A glance to the sky and a sigh left his lips. He wasn't a fan of the sun despite half of his blood. He was loyal to the gods of the night after all. The only problem is hunting and learning about plants you didn't know about before as well as reading a book outside was much more difficult at night, especially when you couldn't see.

At least this book helped him learn there was more to the fields than just food in the belly. A glance up as he noticed a fauna tending to the fields and subconsciously he couldn't help but wince. "As bright as the sun." he muttered more in protest than a compliment but anyone who heard him would take it as the later easily. "My gods, I know you have a purpose for me, and I will willingly do whatever is requested for me. But can we give me a bit more site at the night to accomplish things outside?" He begged in a soft prayer before sighing and nudging the book in protest. The sun wasn't as bright now at least so it would be a great time to get in some plant studies before the sweetness of night fell upon him.

w: 255 c: 1031

Zakiax

Stew Aficionado
D
Buttercup was too focused on her rounds to notice the other under the tree. And so she continued her inspection of the fields. Then she stopped for a long while as she bent closer to a plant inspecting the whole of it. She spent much longer on this plant then she did all of the others, and then without a single word she plucked it from the ground roots and all. But instead of tossing it away she brought it with her. Something she did with all diseased plants she found, burning them later to prevent the disease from spreading.

She made a mental note in her head of the area this plant came from as a reminder for her to check the area in a few days to make sure the disease hadn't spread to others of its kind. It was part of her job to make sure all of the plants in these fields were healthy and wouldn't harm those who ate them.

WC: 165
TWC: 298

@Lessieal

Lessieal

Long-Term Resident
D
Zora would watch the other only to be taken aback she seemed interested in a plant that looked like the others in some way. So much that she would pick it up and keep it? A tilt of his head were all so rough with their gardens? Maybe it got out of line, or row? A weak chuckle came to it's lips when he thought about it before finally allowing curiosity to get the best of him. Standing he would brush himself off before picking up the book and heading over. "What has this poor plant done to be treated with such care? Sunshine."

WC: 104
TWC: 359

Zakiax

Stew Aficionado
D
"Its diseased," She stated not even looking up from her task at hand. Though being called Sunshine seemed to bother her as a hit of annoyance crossed her face. "Its not something you want to be eating or spreading through the field" she explained " Its my job to make sure the crops are healthy. So I'll be destroying it once I finish up here."

She had one more field to check before the light of day vanished beneath the horizon. So she really did not care for the current distraction. After finishing up the row she moved to the next making her way slowly through the field, her keen blue eyes on the look out for any other out of place spot on the plants. If he wanted to watch her do her job he was welcomed to, but she gave no more word but the few sentences she had spoke earlier, keeping to her task.

WC: 155
TWC: 453

@Lessieal

Lessieal

Long-Term Resident
D
Noc paused at that, diseased? Plants got that? Interesting. "And how could you tell that it was?" He questioned not paying any mind to her discomfort or the fact he might be considered rude or be unwanted. After all he was doing the gods work in his eyes. He was told to look into plants more here he was. Following without a care as if he was welcomed and invited, his eyes studied her before realizing he probably should be looking at the rows. "So you're looking for the sick ones now? And possible pest I take it." He stated before smiling. "Are they easy to spot for you?"

WC: 110
TWC: 224

Zakiax

Stew Aficionado
D
Buttercup gave a small sigh, a bit out of annoyance. She was not going to be able to finish her job by sunset if this one kept bothering her with questions and comments. Pulling out the diseased plant Buttercup motioned towards the black slightly rotting spots on the leaves "These are a good indication of disease" She replied, finally making eye contact with the other.

Her blue orbs looked him up and down. She had never seen anything like him before. His coloring quite the opposite of her bright coat. "Diseased ones, Pest invested" She replied nodding. "Anything that doesn't belong to the fields, that could harm the crops or those who will be eating the crops"

There was a pause before she spoke again explaining. "I'm not sure if you know but we recently had a mold scare in Bree. Where the mold looked like another plant we eat normally and caused citizens to get sick. So I take careful watch over my family's fields."

WC: 166
TWC: 619

@Lessieal

Lessieal

Long-Term Resident
D
Noczora smiled and nod at the question. "So you check it daily do you? Seems like a lot of wasted time and effort if you're very educated about plants. That is if you can notice them so easily, you could teach the children to go hunt and play like a game instead." A shrug of his shoulders if this is what the fauna did to boringly pass their days than so be it. "I wonder if I'll be able to spot them now." Was this what the gods wanted him to do? This task was surely under him, or perhaps just learning what to look for was his mission. "No magic or spells or the like that can be used to help protect? Or help you find them easier I take it."

WC: 132
twc: 356

Zakiax

Stew Aficionado
D
The female fauna nodded at Noczora's statement "Mostly every day" she replied. "Depending on the condition of the fields. The healthy ones I check every other days where the ones that I've found diseased plants in i monitor more closely." she explained. But she did seem offended at his comment at it being a waste of time.

"Good day." She said leaving him talking to himself as she moved off to continue her work, moving to her last and finale field for the day. She had enough distraction for one evening and she was just about finished with her work. She kept one ear on him, keeping a bit of a watch making sure he wouldn't harm her crop, after all they were her family's pride.

WC: 126
TWC: 745

@Lessieal

Lessieal

Long-Term Resident
D
Noczora didn't follow, his mind was on other things. Wondering why it wasn't simplified, if there was a way to simplify it. A pause as another thought came to mind and he looked up glancing around noticing she was gone, or off. Taken a bit to notice where she wondered to he would head over again. "I heard about the fire where the plants that caused the sickness were. Was that a method to clear the crows of such sickness?" He asked curious, after all he was mostly more concerned with the night than plants, well unless the plants had to do with the night. Maybe he was looking at the wrong type of plants he started to wonder.

wc: 119
twc: 251

Zakiax

Stew Aficionado
D
The bright fauna gave a small sigh as the other seemed to return. She couldn't get a break could she? "I do not know how much of the disease had plagued their fields as my fields were fine." she replied. "But a controlled fire is a way to keep it from spreading to other fields. That is why i rather nip the disease in my fields quickly rather then letting them spread. It would be a pity to lose the whole field of crop." she explained.

And she hoped her explanation would satisfy the others curiosity enough to leave her alone to finish her work. By now the sun was nearly below the horizon and darkness began to creep across the land. "Now can I finish before night falls?" She questioned him motioning to the last half of the field she had left to inspect "Or are you going to keep interrupting me?"

WC: 153
TWC: 898

@Lessieal

Lessieal

Long-Term Resident
D
Noczora would glance up at the sky more adoring that then anything. "To be honest either would work." He stated not caring if she was snapping at him or not it seemed. In truth he didn't have an issue only she did even if that issue was him. "But you're right . . . it's getting late. I would like to find a nice place to perch and study the stars. Thank you for your help." A grin and wink and he would finally walk off leaving her be.

wc: 89
twc: 340 (This is off lol got to recount)

Zakiax

Stew Aficionado
D
Almost with a heavy sigh she was thankful that she had been left alone to finish her job for the day. A job in which she was barely able to finish before the sun finally went below the horizon. During the last few bits of her work she wondered if all hybrids were that way. Rude and fairly judgmental of other peoples work, or if it was just him. She wondered if it had to do with having traits of both species, but since he was the first she had encountered she really had nothing to compare it to.

Finishing up her job she left him in the field heading home for the night.

WC: 114
TWC: 1012

@Lessieal
(And I believe this rp is finished, if you want another with another character let me know)