So About Hades ... [spoilers]

sharkberrypizza

🍓 Like, nya, you know?
D
Staff member
Tech-Priest
Admin
For those of ya that play, who is your fave char? Do you feel like they captured some of the inspiration (the mythology)? I'm really enjoying myself so far, though I've only reached Asphodel.

PeterPan_da144

Stew Aficionado
D
Supporter
I am a huge Greek mythos nerd, so I'll definitely keep an eye out for when hubby plays next to see >.>

however, can say, I'm a huge fan of the art, and adore how - at least with the art - I feel like they captured the essence of gods really nicely. They're all super distinct and honestly, something I can see each of those gods wearing/looking like

sharkberrypizza

🍓 Like, nya, you know?
D
Staff member
Tech-Priest
Admin
Yeah, it's been awhile since I played but I am really fond of the game. I've always loved supergiant's stuff though, so it's not a big surprise, and their art's been really pretty consistent through their different stuff. I also like the way they write that narrator's overtone, I think it adds a charm I haven't seen a lot. It makes it feel more like they're using games a real story-telling experience, while incorporating a lot of, well, game.

All that said ... I just really, really love Chaos.

PeterPan_da144

Stew Aficionado
D
Supporter
I really do enjoy the aesthetic and overall feel of it. I don't know if I could play it myself, just because of how the camera is positioned, and though my hubby says it's a hack and slash game... I can see there's so much more to it than that xD

I had to look Chaos up. I've seen art of them a lot owo I really like their design. I think that they are a personification of something which in Greek mythology never had a personification, but I could be wrong. But they look wicked

sharkberrypizza

🍓 Like, nya, you know?
D
Staff member
Tech-Priest
Admin
yeah it's far more a roguelike than simple hack n slash!

They are the personification of ... Chaos. 😁

My fave god though, def Dionysus. I've always been a fan of his story but also his art and characterization is just ... great. Poseidon is really close behind though! Despite not feeling great about his power-ups, I love his aesthetic.

PeterPan_da144

Stew Aficionado
D
Supporter
I adore Dionysus' art and characterization. I have seen his interactions and really feel like that fits the original Greek mythos very well, too.

Poseidon... I think it might just be because of the main picture of him, the angle it comes at, he looks odd to me LOL but I do love the colors

Aphrodite, though, like.... her art is stunning. I can really feel like, "This is Aphrodite" when I look at it. Same with uh, Artemis. The art is just so damn good in that game, you take a look and can immediately go "oh that's xxxx god, that's aaaa goddess"

sharkberrypizza

🍓 Like, nya, you know?
D
Staff member
Tech-Priest
Admin
Yeah, overall I do like all of the art and characterizations. I also really appreciate the tough gameplay, even if I don't enjoy fighting the bosses over again per se, and that Achilles was gay and won't romance you because he still loves Patroclus, who is also, just, so fine in this game. So many nice touches and polish if you are already a mythos/history fan. Literally nothing feels flanderized. Not even the in-joke gorgon feels out of place ... xD