Group events

Pokémon Expeditions

[Solo] Calls to home [Oliver Sinclair]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
This thread used for Amateur rank for Oliver Sinclair.

Oliver had spent the first few days waiting for Mothra to get out of quarantine walking the small town. He had noted down the most important buildings, including where he would be working, talked to his supervisor, meet some of the team and unpacked what he could bring in the dorm assigned to him.

So far he knew three facts, they had the basics. Thank the known gods for working plumbing and running water. The dorm room was small but he could work with it, it was sheltered away form any sort of biting bug and was decently clean. The bathrooms were communal and so was the kitchen but he had lived in a small apartment with small children. Privacy was a dream. They also had internet access and he could call home in a special building.

Which meant he was probably going to be monitored but really, if they wanted to listen to him have an argument with his sister or dad, they could listen in. Hopefully who ever was doing the monitoring had an contract making them stay quiet. Privacy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
Oliver sat down at the computer he had reserved from the sign up list, powered it up and started to type in his father's number. He had sent an email to his dad so he knew when to be on for the call. He tapped his fingers at the tone of the ring and gave a grin as it connected. "Hey, Dad. Uncle," he added noticing the towering figure of Zaire crouched low behind his dad to fit in the frame.

"Hey, brat. Have you settled in okay? Is Mothra out of quarantine yet?" Locke questioned. "Are you actually getting sleep?"

"Yes, she getting out today in a few hours, and yes. I'm not working yet. My first shift is in two days, they want to make sure Mothra going to settle before I do anything." Oliver replied. "I think they also wanted to make sure all the new arrivals have a chance to get over the time difference."

"You look good, glad you are getting some proper fucking sleep for once." Locke shifted, letting an Litten jump into his lap. "Want to say hi, hm Godzilla?"

"Hey baby," Oliver replied, slowly signing out her name using big and lizard. He smiled as she chirped, high pitched and whiny. "How has she been doing?"

"Your sister been taking really good care of her. They been going out battling." Locke scratched at the nape of the Litten's neck, making her give her squeaky sounding purr noise.

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
"And Nessie?" He questioned, signing Godzilla's name a few more time and tapping the screen lightly to play with her. Oliver chuckled as she mew and batted at his fingers, following them across the screen.

"Bored, we are letting her out but well none of us are really surfers." Locke motioned to himself and then to the hunk of his room mate. "Hollin thought of letting her work with some of the new commoners but it up to you. "

"Rather not." Oliver winced at the thought of someone else trying to surf on his mantine. There was a lot of trust between pokemon and rider. He also just didn't want someone to attempt to sue if they fell off. "I'm going to see if I can't bring her next." He had been torn between Godzilla or Nessie but if Godzilla was doing well, Nessie had to be next.

Not only because he missed surfing. "Doveport has a very nice expanse of beach, I haven't got a chance to swim in it yet." He had not yet checked where swimming was allowed if at all. He sighed. "I'll have to check on that. But thanks, for caring for them."

"That ain't nothing. Ya know better then that."

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
"Yeah, yeah. When did Hollin get back from her trip?" He asked, leaning back in the provided chair. "Did she bring back new team members?"

"A pair of Indeedee, a Milcery, and a Dragapult. There has been a few disagreements but nothing too out of control." Locke picked up his smoothie, drinking it.

"Milcery the batter looking one isn't it?" Oliver attempted to remember his sister's previous email and texts about her exchanged in Galar.

"Mmhm, she want to evolve it into a ruby swirl alcremie. It is rather cute," Locke admitted. "She is threatening to send you an Indeedee to make you sleep."

"Why," Oliver bemoaned.

"I'm sure she would love to tell you," Locke said, leaning back, hook digging into the table as he waved down his eldest daughter. "Hollin! Your brother is face timing, come say hi."

"You are getting an Indeedee when they have eggs!" She yelled from the kitchen.

"What the hell, Hollin why?"

"You need a support pokemon to keep you in line." She yelled.

"No, I'm ass grown adult and am fine." He yelled back.

"That doesn't mean you don't need help! Specially with your fucked up sleep schedule."

"That was my work, and classes and I am graduated fully outside of some certification renewals later. My new hours are much more relax." Oliver groaned, tired. "I don't need a support pokemon."

"You are getting one and you will like it." Hollin replied, shoving an Indeedee into the screen. "Just look at this cute ball of fluff. How can you say no? It wants to help you out."

"Sis, Sis, no."

"You mean, thank you sister. I will accept this thoughtful gift and will take better care of myself or the Indeedee will make me." She replied, setting the docile pokemon down. "But really, it's good to see you again."

"Same."

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
"Enough of that," Locke called, interrupting the fight. "It was good talk to you. Make sure you call back soon."

"Of course, I'll try reserving time again next week, the slots go rather fast." Oliver checked the time remaining. Just a few more minutes remained. "Tell the brats I miss them, and hopefully we have time for us to talk next time."

"Later!" Hollin called, and Locke and Zaire echoed it. "Keep safe!"

"Will do." He clicked the face time off, and logged out.

Status
Not open for further replies.