Group events

Pokémon Expeditions

[Solo] Eggshells [Kennedy][Finished]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
This thread used for Amateur rank for Kennedy Onassis.

Kennedy pursed her lips, going through each question on the questionnaire and mentally preparing her answers. The area was crowded with others trainers all competing for the same thing. The Mystery egg that baby face was cradling in his arms as he passed out forms to each trainer that showed up. A chance at a Pokemon, a partner when everyone's was at home or going through quarantine.

She wasn't able to afford to bring anyone from home yet, and Lan had been the one to obtain a starter pokemon. There was only so many eggs to go around the trainers that had journeyed to the new found world. Things were limited and that wasn't anything new.

It wasn't like she hadn't dealt with limitations before but now, now she had a chance to get her own. She started to fill out the first few basic questions and stopped, pausing at the fifth. Who had wrote this absolute trash of a question? She glanced at Lucille and then back to it.

' You are stuck on a deserted island, and only have enough food to feed yourself or your Pokemon. Who do you prioritize?' Ooh, she had feeling about this question. This better be a trick question or she was going to start doubting the small ones braincells.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
"This makes no sense, if you land on an island first thing should simply be making sure to gather all you can to a location above the tide line, and to find a shelter. Fresh water is top order after that. You can't live on food alone, you need a water source or you are toast." She chewed angrily on her pen top.

"And what pokemon? If I had my pokemon, I could send crobat or togetic out to scout for a rescue ship or have them scout for a more viable island. I can fly with Crobat and if I had all my pokemon that would included Mana and that means I can just surf out while both my flying pokemon would guide me."

"And how would we have food for all these large appetites but not myself? We could share, I could fish, or forage, or they could hunt for themselves." She groaned frustrated and started to really tear the question apart as she wrote.

Last edited:

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
Kennedy grunted feeling the familiar weight of Lan against her as her partner flopped over her, looking down at the questions, squishing his cheek right against her. "Lan, what the fuck." She squirmed, giving him a solid jab in his side to give her space, ignoring his dramatics.

"What you doing?"

"Filling out this form of stupid questions, how many people do you think are going to fill it with what they think he wants to hear?" She asked, focusing on the next one. When was it okay to lie, ooh, there was so many reasons but they all came down to keeping idiots alive.

"Probably most of them. A lot of people here aren't survivalist though." Lan replied, settling on the other side of the paper as he watched her filled out the page. He hummed, stealing the pen while she was thinking to add his own flair to the margins.

"It says one person to fill it out. "

"And you are the one filling it out, I'm just adding a bit of color."

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
"Really?" She asked and sighed, shifting to set her feet against Lan's side and shoved at him. She hissed as he squirmed, wrapping around her like a lichen. "Lan."

"Kennedy." He mocked.

"Ugh." She threw up her hands and went back to the questions. "Why do you think he wants to know how far I can run?"

"Maybe the pokemon needs to be walked or is very active or something else." Lan shrugged. "Remember the time you ran away from that pissed off Ursaring."

"Don't remind me." Kennedy sighed, chewing on her lip as she answered the question and continued down. "Doveport Enrichment Center, not a daycare?"

"What?"

"It is the Doveport Enrichment Center," Kennedy stressed amused at the question as she wrote her answer, letting Lan steal her form. "Not a daycare. I guess someone does not like it." She took it back and added her signature before going to turn it in.

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
Kennedy returned and sat down, frowning slightly. "He wants me to wait." But why, what was going to.. ooh, ooh fucking no. "He's going to read them." She groaned, puddling beside Lan in disgust. It seemed she wasn't the only one that realized what was going to happen as the crowd started to murmured.

"It not like you wrote anything too awful on it." Lan reached over to idly comb his fingers through Kennedy hair.

Kennedy sighed, relaxing into the soft finger combing, relaxing as she was cared for and it just felt good, and help distract her from what is going on. She gave a tired noise as he started her form, leaning against the warm side of her friend as he went through it and froze as her name was called.

What. I.. She stood, walking dazed to Lucille and carefully took the egg, stroking over the smooth shell. "Thank.. Thank you." She managed to get out.

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
Kennedy settled down in a daze next to Lan, looking at the large heavy egg, weighted down with responsibilities and expectations. They had never raised a pokemon from an egg before, she looked over the shell once more shocked. "I just."

Lan snickered booping her in the middle of her forehead. "Boop. Come on, don't act to shell shocked." he teased and snickered at her as she glared.

"You are such a brat." She did give a soft smile at the egg, slowly rising up and headed back to their dorm. "Come along, brat."

She ignored the raspberry Lan blew at her, walking back to the dorms and settled into her bed, curling around the egg carefully. "How long do you think it be till it hatches?"

"I doubt long. You could go and ask him." Lan sprawled down on the bed.

"Bite me." Kennedy replied, scrolling through the chat thread to contact Lucille.

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
Kennedy paced the room, watching the slowly rocking egg cradled in a the pile of blankets. She chewed on her lower lip. Everything was as perfect as she could make it, now it was just dependent on the pokemon to make it way out. Which met she had to wait, and she didn't want to wait any longer.

"Still not out?" Lan questioned, shoving a tray off food in her direction, his bulbasaur peering up from at his legs.

"No." She sighed, taking the tray and flopped on the floor to eat her food, eyes not leaving the rocking egg as she mindlessly shoved the food in her face. She barely tasted it, but she never gave away food. Food was fuel and she had spent enough time hungry not to give it up.

"I'm going to take Christmas out exploring, so text me when they hatch." Lan waved, picked up the bulbasaur and left.

Kennedy gave a faint smile, appreciating his willingness to let her have this moment alone. She finished the food, setting the tray to the side and paused, hearing a sharp noise.

The pokemon was starting to hatch. She settled on the bed, watching the shell shift and move, a pale paw peeking out and dipping back in.

"Come on," she muttered, watching the shell rock more bold as the pokemon scratched and wiggled inside and the shell broke showing revealing an white Eevee. Ooh.

"Aren't you pretty." She said, carefully covering the pokemon in a towel and gently rubbing the soft fur. "Hey, I'm going to be your trainer." She said, holding the baby pokemon close as it shifted and settled into her arms, relaxing into a nap.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.