SoulBound - Summoning Souls Idea?

I--LiveWire--I

Veteran
D
The characters & summons would be done on lines i will slowly obtain form NorthernRed's collection. As anyone that wants can buy and use these lines, anyone can do so and there will be a place within group/discord/DA/Ect to get things approved for shop use.
So aside from what I sell or give away, others may do the same if they have the lines too. They will just need to be approved by me/staff before official rp/shop use.

There will also be humanoid/anthro Summoner and Summons(animal/creature) characters used in the shop.

The Lore Overview - Still Developing

The world is broken up into various kingdoms/states that govern themselves in various different ways. Life is often dangerous and chaotic, especially away from the larger cities. At least in the larger cites and for the rich, tech/magic makes life pretty similar to modern day equivalents. You will see less of this as you go more rural or otherwise among those unable to afford such conveniences.

There is generally a sort of peace between the kingdoms/states so they rarely officially declare wars, however it is common to have battles or other engagements along borders and such.

Every person/humanoid has about a 1 in 100 chance of being born with the ability to use magic. While most are born with low capacity, it naturally grows slowly overtime and with training it can be used to great effect.
Magic can be used to enchant items, cast elemental effects, and one of the most valuable forms is Summoning. Summoning is a special ritual by witch you call a sprit from the beyond and it to yourself to gain a powerful asset. Summoning can draw back dead spirits, or even those from other planes/realties/ect. The summoned may retain, gain or change personality and intelligence.

As summons are powerful magical constructs with power and abilities they and their summoners are considered the best/most powerful weapons. Especially with the Pitch began to appear and threaten all civilization as it was know. The Pitch are dark shape shifting globs of malice. They seek and destroy life indiscriminately. Their ability to ignore pretty much all mundane forms of damage make them hard to destroy. Soulbound summons are amazing tools against them as unlike regular spells their form don't need to replenish. And their magical makeup means even their regular strikes effect them.