Group statistics

Members:
Threads:

Latest posts

Group events

Animal Country: Big City

Water Wings [Dolores x Cortland] (Porting from Gaia)

Nashawryn

Resident
D
RuddyPup: Oh, what a beautiful summer day! The sun is shining brightly; the wind is blowing gently!

"Down by the lake, where the watermelons grow, back to my home I dare not go!" ...the birds are singing. Loudly, and not always in key.

Well, just one bird actually. Cortland, who had found her way to the lake within Big City Park. She'd spent most of her morning exploring the area, stopping to poke at frogs. Her path meandered every which way, as she didn't really have a certain destination in mind. She just made sure to not stray too far from the water's edge.

"For if I do my mother will say: 'Did you ever see a whale with a polka-dotted tail?' DOWN BY THE LAKE!" Cortland trumpeted proudly as she hopped over a decaying log, waving her feathery wings around. Wings, one might add, that were sporting some dashing swimmies. Just in case.

Nashawryn

Resident
D
Dolores was swimming happily, for a cranky Axolotl, through the lake in the park when she heard a detestable noise. She sighed and rolled her eyes, knowing that her cheerfully irritating stalker had once again found her.

She slowly floated over the the edge of the water, got out and waited for Courtland to show herself. "How that much noise can come out of one small bird, I'll never know. I swear, she better not expect swimming lessons like she wrote me in that letter she sent yesterday." She'd crumpled the thing up and shoved it somewhere after reading it.

Dolores continued darting her eyes around, searching for the telltale sign of obnoxiously happy bird. All she knows is, with her luck, Courtland will pop up behind her and startle her again.

Nashawryn

Resident
D
RuddyPup: Having paused to inspect the worms that were crawling over, under, around, and through the various crumbled bits of log, Cortland didn't initially see dear Dour Dolores surface. You better believe that once they stopped being interesting - say, enough time for the axolotl to start developing a false sense of security, perhaps? - Cortland turned away from the bugs to continue her casual exploration, and spotted her newest, most favorite villager.

"Eeeh, it's Dolores!" she squealed to herself, starting across the grass with her wings flapping, a slight, dry squeak of a noise being generated by her shark swimmies. "Hey! Hey, Dolores! HI!"

So, maybe the whole silent ninja approach just isn't really Cortland's bag? She's a much more...run up and squish your face type of gal. Not that she'd try that again. Dolores had made it pretty clear before that this was not an acceptable action, though Cortland couldn't really understand why? She liked to stand in front of the mirror and squish her own face all day long!

Anyway, yes. With a stumble once or twice over her own two feet, Cortland came toddling over; wings waving in excitement and greeting and announcing her presence (as if her shouting Hello! wasn't enough) with a squeak, squeak, squeak.

"Did you get my letter? You must have, because you're here. I spent a whole day looking for the perfect paper for you!"

Nashawryn

Resident
D
Well there went Dolores' peace and quiet. Courtland looked very odd with shark swimmies on her wings, in her opinion. She stared unenthusiastically as the bird approached approached her.

"Hmmph, I didn't really look at it Courtland. I hoped you were joking about following me to the lake though." She answered. She waved a hand vaguely to one side, "I just kind of tossed it in my desk or somewhere like that after I glanced at it." The truth being that it'd been crumpled up and tossed to the floor.

She stomped around Courtland and as soon as she was behind her she darted back into the water, turning to face her newest irritation. "Now what will you do?" She shifted around, letting the silt of the lake bottom rub against her feet, massaging them as the water soothingly moved around her. She didn't think Courtland's feathers would do well soaked through, but Dolores wanted to see what she'd decide.

Nashawryn

Resident
D
RuddyPup: "Oh..." There was that pause - that slight confusion as Dolores explained that she just tossed all of Cortland's hard work away. For a moment the bird was simply standing there, blinking. "Well, that's ok! I guess I just picked the wrong paper. I'll try extra hard to find you the right one, next time!"

Aaaaand, she's back, bouncing a little on the toes of her feet.

"Maybe you could tell me what kind of paper you like? I thought because you said you liked the lake that the water and the lily pads would be the best choice," Cortland started as Dolores approached, turning to watch her shuffle around and back towards the water. "Do you prefer deep water? I saw a really pretty one that was an underwater scene, but it looked more like the ocean than the lake..."

Her babbling continued as she followed Dolores right to the water's edge, her claws just barely covered as it churned from the axolotl's movements. She'd stopped talking, watching the water splash around her ankles before looking up when Dolores addressed her directly.

"Mmmh...well," and Cortland flashed a cheesy smile, flapping her arms in display. "I was hoping you'd teach me to swim! You're a natural in the water, and you look like you're having fun. I'm not exactly a duck-bird, but if I knew how to swim we could have fun together!" I just want to be your friend.