What book are you currently reading or want to read?

Cheyriddle4

Grizzled Veteran
D
Currently I am reading Lethal White by Robert Galbraith. Though after I get done with this book I look forward to reading the next Alex Delaware book , The Museum of Desire by Jonathan Kellerman.

MoonRazor

Grizzled Veteran
D
I just started Watership Down for the first time!

And also starting a re-read of Brandon Sanderson's Stormlight Archive. I couldn't resist

Cheyriddle4

Grizzled Veteran
D
I just started Watership Down for the first time!

And also starting a re-read of Brandon Sanderson's Stormlight Archive. I couldn't resist
I remember liking Watership Down. Though can't say I have read Stormlight Archive. I'll have to look into it!

MoonRazor

Grizzled Veteran
D
I remember liking Watership Down. Though can't say I have read Stormlight Archive. I'll have to look into it!
If you are into epic fantasy at all, it is a phenomenal series!! They are LONG but well worth it, and they read pretty quickly too. This is the most invested I've been in a series in YEARS, and have recommended it to about 10 friends who have all read and loved them. Highly recommend - just stay off the subreddits until you've caught up because spoilers abound

Cheyriddle4

Grizzled Veteran
D
If you are into epic fantasy at all, it is a phenomenal series!! They are LONG but well worth it, and they read pretty quickly too. This is the most invested I've been in a series in YEARS, and have recommended it to about 10 friends who have all read and loved them. Highly recommend - just stay off the subreddits until you've caught up because spoilers abound
I will definitely have to try it!

Liri

Station Visitor
D
Oooh is it a book in a series?
It is! He's written a LOT of books, and this is a off spin off series for a couple of characters from the main series.

Here's a list of books in publication order, with a note of their chronological order: list of books Just be aware there's a lot of sex, violence, torture, dub-con, etc. It's not a series for the faint of heart but man is it good in my opinion. (Though a couple of the early books, I forget if it's 3, and/or 5, sort of lag and are more recap books for what's previously happened. It's been awhile since I've read some of the earlier books because most of mine got lost/damaged and I'm replacing them little by little lol)

But this one, is part of the Nicci Chronicles. I also have his book The Sky People to read once I finish this one, which doesn't seem to be tied in to his previous stories.

He's also written some other books. Nest, Law of Nines (which is an off shoot of the above books too, but set in our world, mostly), and a series I've yet to pick up. Angela Constantine, I think it is?

sharkberrypizza

🍓 Like, nya, you know?
D
Staff member
Tech-Priest
Admin
I want to read Neuromancer (maybe the whole Sprawl trilogy) again ... and also the couple of books in the Redwall series I never got around to finishing ...

Melomar

Grizzled Veteran
D
I'm re-reading the Harry Potter series again (yes re-reading again). This time I will finish it! I'm also reading the Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare. I liked her other series a lot better; it's called the Infernal Devices.
I am also reading the Song of Ice and Fire series. I'm on book five.

What I really want to read right now is a Star Wars book. Almost any one on my shelf will do. So that's probably what I will binge read next, Star Wars. New Jedi Order and all <3

💚 🐸 💚

Liri

Station Visitor
D
Chey, I'd almost suggest reading them in the intended order (so start with Confessor, then Debt of Bones, then Sword of Truth, but stuff in Confessor/DoB sort of ruin things in the books that were actually released first. So I'd suggest just reading them in release order... I'm pretty sure it's Soul of the Fire that will drag on so much though when you get to it as a fair warning. It's the only one in the series I truly dislike.

Fun fact Melo, I have never read a SW book!

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
I'm currently reading "It Devours" by Joseph Fink and Jeffery Cranor. It's a little more unusual than the previous book in the series, "Welcome to Night Vale", but I'm still really enjoying it. Gotta love surreal story lines and compelling characters.

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
I been reading Fanfiction which is terrible
But I got to get back into reading What was it A flight of Doves by Louise Erdrich. Just such a lovely and great writer.

Shadrya

Long-Term Resident
D
Undead series - MaryJanice Davidson

i was reading all three are together

Dark Heavens series - Kylie Chan
Journey to Wudang series - Kylie Chan
Celestial Battle series - Kylie Chan