What kind of Pokemon Trainer do you think you would be?

Midnight Holographic

Long-Term Resident
D
I'm kind of curious what people would pick and for what reason? If you were living in the pokemon world what might you see yourself doing differently and how would the addition of having pokemon in your life change for you? Do you think you would maintain a similar lifestyle, would you instead rather to go out and travel, or do you think you would pursue something unique now that you can have a helpful companion at your side?

I like to think I would have a similar lifestyle. We have a lot of pets in our home so I can see us having their pokemon equivalent. I do like getting out to nature whenever I can for hikes, so there wouldn't likely be chances to go out an explore then. Mostly I like imagining what my friends lives might be like.

Last edited:

sharkberrypizza

🍓 Like, nya, you know?
D
Staff member
Tech-Priest
Admin
I like travelling. I'd probably be a trainer of some kind, though I can't really peg myself as one of the "types" (like hiker, or w/e) cause I like to do too much. I might have a bad collection habit, but then again I can't really see things as being like in the games - I assume you really have to take care of them, not just keep them in a box or ball all the time.

Heck, I might even dabble in being a researcher, but that sounds not as exciting.
I can't promise I wouldn't be a Rocket.

AngelBane

Veteran
D
I have actually had this conversation a couple times. I would be a dark/fire trainer who did contests but.. would refuses to like wear dresses and stuff.Maybe also a pokemon plush collector as you were able to get in the version of the game that you built bases. I think I 'd stick to the more pet type of pokemon though so I'd have a flareon and furfroug, litten, fennekin, purloin.... then with all these fire and dark type.. that one out of place pink fluffy skitty with a bow. That skitty would be my child noone hurts skitty baby. Badass fire trainer with this pink bundle of joy. Yes

I went over this with my bestie awhile ago. He had decided he would be the son of a Hex girl and an Ace Breeder.. so he would be raised to be a breeder but with an affinity for ghost pokemon. His companion would be a Gengar named Grace who would watch over eggs for him and stuff.

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
That is so cute!

I think I would be more grass and bug maybe?Maybe some ghost types... it is hard to just consider what would you train. Man, if I had a chance to just travel though with some pokes it would be cool... but I think I would be either a researcher or working at a poke center healing up pokemon. It just seems like a good time traveling to research and probably research fossil mons, get to visit all the sites and make discoveries and DNA research up some extinct pokes