Latest posts

Group events

Everchange

[Winter] Letters To Guardian

One Little Jay

Grizzled Veteran
D

**This is who you are writing letters to, Prizes are Pony based Faefrolics**
Closes: January 31st Midnight est, Entires may be selected throughout!

It's that time of year! A stoic Guardian wakes takes his staff and the portal opens. He greets the Fae Frolic on the other side with a warm smile. "It's so good to see you again my Friends."
There is a story told to foals all across the land, write a letter to the Guardian and a Fae Frolic may find it's way home to you. The subject of the letter varies from writer to writer, no one knows which letters will get selected but many enter.

How to Play:
  • Fill out the form
  • Write an RP response in the form of a letter from your pony to Guardian.
  • Colorists will select their favourite entries and color a Fae Frolic Inspired by the pony entering!
  • There will be at least 1 winner but there may be more.
  • Each person may enter ONCE!
  • Ponies don't need to be foals, it just just a childrens story!
Form:
Code:
[COLOR=rgb(139, 88, 183)][b]I wrote a  letter![/b][/color]

[b]Username[/b]:
[b]Pony Entering[/b]:  (Post image of their cert OR link to uncert with name as text)
[b]Letter![/b] Write here or link to image of letter? (Letters can be as long or short as you want creativity is key!!)

Last edited:

Reoakee

Grizzled Veteran
D
I wrote a letter!

Username: Reoakee
Pony Entering:

Letter! (in my defense you said I could use an image of the letter.)

and here is a typed legible version so you don't have to die trying to read it. or you can open the image to the side and it will be large​
Hello Mr Guardian,

I know I am a little old to be writing you but I wanted to give it a try at least once. I live in the land of fall next to winter and recently settled into my new home. I haven’t gone out and tried dating or anything like that and my home feels a little empty still. I know that will change in time or at least I hope it will. I’m not even sure why I am writing to a character in a foal’s story but well I felt a little wishful watching a the snow pile up on my windowsill while drinking some coffee. If you are real and there are any fae frolics who want a home my door is always open to them, or to you if you just want to come and enjoy coffee and some crumble cake. Stay warm and safe if you really do exist and if not just know you still exist in the hearts of even a few adults who keep passing along your tale and daydreaming on a cold winter’s day.

~Recces Nipper

I wrote a letter!

Username: AlicornPlayhouse
Pony Entering:

Letter!

Oh, what's this? A little letter, on slightly crinkled parchment with the smell of wood and flowers wafting about it. Whatever does it say inside!

Hi! This may be a little strange, but i just had to contact you! I didn't quite know how to write when I was a little foal, I only just learned. As a result I never did get to contact you about your beautiful little friends! My mom always wanted one, but she could never seem to track you down. I always told her just to write, but she said it was impolite to ask for something if you weren't face to face. How crazy is that! Right? Your story says to write you! My other friends and traveling buddies always said you weren't real, but I think that's all just plain crazy! Magic exists, doesn't it? Oh, twig sticks, I'm losing track of my thoughts again, aren't I? Well, I do hope you've had a lovely year since last seeing your adorable little buddies! I was really hoping one could come and help me on my adventures maybe? Traveling the world can't be a little lonely sometimes, even with my traveling buddy! And, I'm sure he could use the company too. He's a little grouchy sometimes, but I'm still determined to cheer him up! I just know mom would say I don't know how to take care of a pet, but little does she know I've been keeping secret pets since I was a little foal..! Mainly frogs.. oh, I hope that doesn't mean I'm no longer elij.. no that's not right.. eligible to get a new friend! I took very good care of my frog buddies and never ever lied! I just.. didn't tell her!

In short, I am a very good pet owner and very trustworthy, I think! And also I'd love to know how your day has been. Does he write back..? That's not in the story. Oh well! Happy adventuring!

I wrote a letter!

Username: Valdmir Talamore
Pony Entering:

Letter!

The letter was mouth written on paper just like this though there seemed to be a few stains of candle wax here and there. What else would you expect from a candle stick maker?

[FONT=ChocolateBox, sans-serif]Dear Guardian,

I've written you before when I was younger and its that time of year that I'm sitting down to write you again! I hope you and the fae frolic are all doing well! I've never known if the rumors were true, but I've always hoped they are that if I write you a letter you might send me a fae frolic to be my friend. It's become rather a holiday tradition for me to take the time to write while eating cookies and eggnog. So even just for that I'm grateful, but it is certainly been my dream to meet a fae frolic.
I've always thought they kind of look like tiny versions of they way I look. Tiny hooves and antlers or little nub horns rather, I used to like to pretend I was a frolic which is so silly I suppose. Now I'm older and spend most of my time making candles, but it sure would be fun to have someone to help well if they wanted too, or maybe a frolic could remind me not to work all the time. I'm a bit of a work a holic so Im hoping a little friend could help me remember to have some fun some times!
Thank you for your time and I hope you have a happy winter celebration Ive included one of me hoof made candles I hope you enjoy it!

~
Warm Wishes,
Oathkeeper the Candle Maker[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
I wrote a letter!

Username: belloblossom
Pony Entering: Pecan Sandie Scoop
Letter!
Transcribed letter if the handwriting is tricky to read. (Full sized image can be accesssed if you click on the letter itself.)
Dear Mister "The Guardian" Sir,
My name is Pecan Sandie Scoop, but my friends and family call me Sandie. You can too if you want!
I've been askin' for a pet from my parents ALL year - I promise to take care of it and look after them and make sure it's happy all the time! My momma said I shud write you a letter cuz if you decide to give me a pet, then she'll know it's cause you tell how respob responz responsiblle I am.

I really promise to love love LOVE the fae frolic you give me - they'll never want for anything ever cause I'll share all my stuff. We'll be SUPER DUPER BEST FRIENDS! And I'll be good forever after if this wish comes true too! Pretty please, Guardian? I'll do anything for a best friend.
Happy Giving Day! :)
Sinceerely,
-Pecan Sandie Scoop

Last edited by a moderator:

medigel

Veteran
D
I wrote a letter!

Username: medigel
Pony Entering: Noel Goodwinter
Letter!

Mr. Guardian,

A Merry Giving Day to you! Please forgive me for the silly stationary. I recently ran out of the more appropriately formal kind as when I last visited a group of foals in the village of Ice Burg, they requested the best stationary I had to write you their own letters. I hope it brings a smile to your face.

It has been some time since I wrote you last, and I hate to do so now to ask for anything. As a foal, I had heard tales of the fae frolics in your care and longed to have one for my own, but it was for selfish reasons then. Everyone had one, and thus so did I. Now I write asking for a companion, not a show of status. I strive to bring joy where I can throughout the year, but as of late I have been lonely. It is hard work to see others happy. Not that I would ever complain, sir! It's good work. But having a helper would make me immensely grateful, not only for their aid but for their presence. And I know if I were to receive one, the children would love them as well.

May my humble request find you well. Please let me know if I overstepped my boundaries.

Warm winter wishes,

Noel Goodwinter

Last edited:

Cheyriddle4

Grizzled Veteran
D
I wrote a letter!

Username:Cheyriddle4
Pony Entering:

Letter!
Guardian of the Fae Frolics,
Ever since I was little I have always loved the winter months. From celebrations to the crunchy snow. My whole being is revolved around the winter. My fascination has even influenced what I show others as my illusion makes me a literal snowglobe! Every winter my Nana would tell me the story of how you encountered the fae frolics and how you at times guide them to find those they might bond with. This year has been filled with many new things as I have opened a shop that premise is everything winter themed. All ones party needs to celebrate the winter festivities all year round. Yet I find sometimes it can be lonely in the shop when no customers are around. Every so often my eye catches sight of the fae frolic decorations hidden in the shoppe here and there and I am reminded of the tale that helped find my passion. I know it has been a while since I have written and in truth I felt for the longest time I was not worthy of such a companion but I feel like.. Perhaps I have done enough that maybe... just maybe a friend might enter my life.

Sincerly, Solstice... The literal Snowglobe.​

KikiLime

Grizzled Veteran
D
I wrote a letter!

Username: KikiLime
Pony Entering:

Cassia Melody Uncert
Letter!

Dear Guardian of Fae Frolics,

My name is Cassia Melody, I know I've never wrote you before, I guess i've been too shy as a young filly, and as I grew, I've always felt as if writing you was just something of a intrusion of your privacy. So I apologies if it feels like that in any way, I really don't wish for any negative feelings.

I'm no child anymore, I actually have my own little floral and fruit shop with my tiny petal friend, helping me with the plants. It's quite lovely, but even if it's just the two of us, it's been still feeling rather empty in our lives.

So I'm here wishing for an energetic friend to brighten our lives and make this family of mine bigger. Even if the wish isn't granted, I'll still be quite grateful for my letter to be read. Hope all is well, and have a wonderful Winter.

- Cassia Melody & Petal

Joshuality

Grizzled Veteran
D
I wrote a letter!

Username: Joshuality
Pony Entering:
Letter! You open a fancy-looking red envelope and find that a crumpled piece of paper has been shoved haphazardly inside. Definitely not what you expected, sure, but they have your attention. The following is written in what seems to be orange-scented marker:

"Dear Guardian Pony,

What's up? I know you can't answer but I'm hoping you're chill. I heard somewhere that if I write you a letter, I could get a little buddy! Fae Frolics have always been my favorite since, like, forever. It feels kinda weird writing to you as an adult, y'know? Worth a shot anyways, I say. It's been sorta lonely around here. Other ponies don't really talk to me... I think the mask scares them but I ain't taking it off no way no how! Point is, I'd really like to have a little somebody to keep me company! Even if ya decide I'm not right for it, I'm thankful for you reading. Take care!

sencerly
sincearly

Love, CHERNOBYL
"

The rest of the page is filled in with amateur doodles of little Fae Frolics in the same orange-scented marker.

AislingJuno

Veteran
D
I wrote a letter!

Username: AislingJuno
Pony Entering:

Letter!

Starlight walked through the snow. Instead of her usual lightfoot prancing, her steps were heavy. It had been a difficult winter and her emotions were strained. Perhaps this is why she decided to write a letter to the Guardian.

Dear Guardian,
I know that your usual letters are normally sent by young foals. Yet, here is an adult pony is petitioning for your favor. I feel lonely, and this year the long winter nights seem endless. I have no mate nor offspring, who rely on me. I'm seeking a friend and know that you supply miracles. Please send me a companion.
Forever Grateful,
Starlight