[Writing/RP - Closed!] Arts and Crafts

Status
Not open for further replies.
D
Mule Account
Arts and Crafts

Axolotl by Seimei

NEWS, NEWS, NEWS

... sometimes we just need a break from it, right? It's all so nosy and investigative ... sometimes it's just better to unwind and relax with some nice, quiet tunes or, even better - some DIY projects!

Let's all share our best ones together!

Rules

This contest starts on April 12th and ends April 26th.

Projects may be imaginary or real; doesn't matter if it's your best friend's appleberry pie recipe or how to land safely after riding hot air thermals - so long as there are requirements, instructions, and some discernible goal, anything goes!

You can't just link to a project; you may cite a link for credit, but for this contest you need to write everything in your own words!

There is no form - just post your project to enter!

Winner will be selected by ֆɦǟʀӄɮɛʀʀʏ🍕.
Everyone else, including all other staff, may enter.

DakotaSpine

Long-Term Resident
D
"I'm... a little shy when it comes to talking to people as a whole I guess. I've asked my friend before how they handle it, but... I might just not be very good at following instructions" He bashfully rubs the back of his head. "Not that I can't talk to people, sometimes I just... don't know the right things to say?"
"Not that it's... BAD advice either, it seems to work for him"

"They're real clear and cut, swing, but I uh... really can't figure out the second half. They tell me, 'Of course I can help you talk to people! There's just two easy steps to it!

Step one, think of something to say

Step two, say it!"

The Axolotyl's white cheeks begin blushing a little, growing pinkish
"I'm just not... good at something like that, I can't follow even those simple instructions! He's talked about wanting to write a book on it but I think his steps are too unclear. Or maybe it's just... on a whole different level that's beyond me"

"...w- what? I'm doing good enough as it is?"

His fishy cheeks grow redder, a palm bashfully cradling his jawline to create some form of cover.
"Well- Well I mean, talking to you is... easy, that doesn't count, swing!"

Last edited:

Melomar

Grizzled Veteran
D
"Okay, listen up! I may be given a hard time for explaining my topic for certain reasons, but please take it for what it is: how to eat a cherry with the pit still inside. It's easier than it sounds, and no, you are not going to swallow the pit. So without further adieu, I'll begin."

The axolotl, who is seated at a table, pulls out a bag of cherries and sets it down before them on the table. "First, you gather yourself some ripe cherries. Bing and Rainier are my favorites. They're sweet but mellow. Just like me." They smile a silly little smile and continue.

"Second, you wash the cherries." The axolotl pulls out a dish with some freshly-washed cherries. "Make sure you only wash the ones you will eat right away. Water will make the skin split and they'll go bad much quicker."

"Third, remove the stem. To do this you just pull on it; it should pop right off." The axolotl holds up a cherry and pulls off the stem. "This step is optional because what I am about to demonstrate can be done while holding the cherry by the stem...

"Next, pop the de-stemmed cherry into your mouth. That's right, pit and all." The axolotl playfully sucks the cherry into their mouth with a little pop sound.

The cherry rolls around in the axolotl's mouth while they try to continue. After some difficulty speaking, they spit the cherry out into their hand. "Then, you bite it in half. Make sure you bite down gently because you will bite the pit, and that's part of the point." They put the cherry back in their mouth and bite down as described.

"With the cherry now in two pieces, push the other half of the cherry off the pit with your tongue." This part is difficult to demonstrate, so the axolotl spits all three pieces of cherry out, pit and all. "Spit the pit out, into your hand.

"Dispose of the pit while eating the cherry." They place the cherry pit on the dish of cherries, while chewing on the one in their mouth. "Try this a couple of times and see how fast you get. Pretty easy, right? Let me know if you find an easier way! I always like using little tricks to make my life easier."

Status
Not open for further replies.