Group statistics

Members:
Threads:

Latest posts

Group events

Animal Country: Big City

[Writing/RP - Closed!] Read All About It!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D
Mule Account
Read All About It!

1. Deer by polliwoggi :: 2. Nudibranch by Wish

NEWS, NEWS, NEWS

In cars, on trains, even proudly displayed on giant screens attached to giant buildings - news and gossip is everywhere, and Big City is no exception to this rule! For the views, of course, several networks have banded together to figure out, in tandem, just what buzzes inside the average citizen's head? What does everyone want to know?

The answer, or one of them, anyway, might be more simple than any of us think.

What goes on in someone else's daily life? Are they, comparatively, boring?

It's your job as the lowly interviewer to answer these nagging questions! Give us the scoop on at least one of these citizens! What do they normally do, from the time they get out of bed to when they inevitably crash? What inspires them? What drives them to do their best, in whatever it is they do?

Rules

This contest starts on April 12th and ends April 26th.

Using the form below and in up to 500 words, tell us a bit about the citizen of your choice - what they like to do, where they like to go, who they like to hang out with ... anything as long it involves a not-so special event.

You may enter for both, but only win one.

Winners will be selected by ֆɦǟʀӄɮɛʀʀʏ🍕.
Everyone else, including all other staff, may enter.

Form
Code:
[b]Entering for:[b] -number-

[b]Entry:[/b]

Melomar

Grizzled Veteran
D
Entering for: 1

Entry:
As part of our series on What Do YOU Want To Know?, we ask ____ to describe for us their everyday life. So! Tell us: Can you describe what you do on a normal day? Is it boring or exciting?

I'm sorry, but are you calling me boring?

No, no. Just, on a typical day, what do you do from morning til you go to bed at night?

Well... okay. I see. Well then, when I get up in the morning, I usually have to run to the ||||| and ||||--

I'm sorry, but we probably should not include that in the on-air interview.

I'm just telling you... Nevermind. After that fixing the toilet paper holder, I usually eat a bowl of bran flake cereal and read the paper.

But that's... so b-- I mean, uh. Good! That's what a lot of people do in the morning! You are very relatable!

...Thank you... i think. Well, after that I go outside in my pajamas and water the lawn...

...several long minutes later...

...Then I eat dinner and crawl in bed with a book before turning off the light. And that's it.

....zzzzz.... uh hm? Oh, yes! Yes. Such a relatable person! You do so many things that are normal, despite being on this show.

I'm sorry, I guess I am a little boring. I like to play practical jokes on people and race my car on the weekends but that is not a typical day, now is it? So I didn't include it in my description.

What! But we've!-- And we are out of time. sigh Until next time, folks! Have a great day!

Melomar

Grizzled Veteran
D
Entering for: 2

Entry: Today we bring for you ____, whose story is much more interesting, in this current issue of What Do YOU Want To Know? So please describe for us... concisely... an average day in your life.

Sure, no problem. Let's see, well, I have a funny sleep schedule because, as an artist, I go where my inspiration takes me. So I am often waking up later that most.

Uh huh, go on.

I don't really eat breakfast because I'm already thinking about my latest project. I eat when I'm hungry, so again, weird schedule. chuckles

So then I go to my studio, which is actually part of my loft apartment. It is like a tent made of old sheets in there, but it keeps everything else clean. When I'm working, I might paint or draw or whatever. It really depends. Like right now I am working on a maquette for my friend who needs sculpted models for their new video game they're working on. It's exciting to be part of something like that for a change.

Yes, I can imagine.

Oh, but you already know, you're working for this magazine.

True, it does give life meaning to work as part of something bigger.

Exactly! Wow, you're surprisingly deep!

Ahem. Hm?

Ah, annnnyway... I like to meet up with friends! We like to go to this one cafe down the street, ____, perhaps you've heard of it. They make the best soup and salad.

Oh, I don't think I know that one. I'll have to check it out. Ah! Hm... back to your daily story!

Yes! Um... what else do I do! I'm not that interesting, really, but I do love paint. The stuff I use is not water-soluble, you know, so I can use it under water.

I didn't know that was possible. But I did wonder how a nudibranch could paint.

Oh, no. I was just joking. I have to come out of the water to paint. So as you can imagine, there is a lot of distraction. And at night I love to go to this restaurant ______, have you heard of it?

Ah, no, actually.

You'd love it, I'm sure. I like to listen to music before bed. It calms me sometimes, or winds me up. It depends on my mood. So I may sleep or I may not. Is that enough for your news magazine? I hope I wasn't too boring.

Well the purpose of this interview was to show what goes on in everyday life. Since you're mildly famous as well, it's nice to know that you're going through life like everyone else.

Oh, that's so true.

That's it for now, folks! Please join us next time.[/B][/B]

sharkberrypizza

🍓 Like, nya, you know?
D
Staff member
Tech-Priest
Admin
@Melomar since you're the only entrant, you get a choice - which citizen would you like?

(The other will be returned to the shop for future use. )​

Status
Not open for further replies.