Wholesome Chat

stormflower

Resident
D
I love all the cat and kitten things. Makes me smile and feel good. I just lost one of my cats 2 days ago. She stayed at my moms though cause my husband is allergic to cats. Still sad but she was getting old. Seeing the kittens and things here bring back the good memories and make me feel better<3

Midnight Holographic

Long-Term Resident
D
I love all the cat and kitten things. Makes me smile and feel good. I just lost one of my cats 2 days ago. She stayed at my moms though cause my husband is allergic to cats. Still sad but she was getting old. Seeing the kittens and things here bring back the good memories and make me feel better<3
It's hard loosing a companion and family member like that. It's never easy having to say goodbye or just knowing that they've passed on. She had a good home with you and your mother. She was clearly very much cared for so it's a happy thing that she had the time she did with you and your mom. The most important thing you have though is your good memories of her and maybe just that love and fondness for animals that she inspired in you. It's probably too soon to think about getting another pet, and obviously you wouldn't be able to get another cat unless it was hypoallergenic, but if you're in a circumstance that allows for it you could probably adopt a new family member into your home when you're ready.

For now though it's okay to be sad and morn. Take the time you need to feel better. I'll keep my eye out for more happy animal related things.

stormflower

Resident
D
Thanks Midnight! I appreciate that(and that bit about the dogs finding home is amazing!)
We actually have 2 dogs in our home so they help with the mourning. Wish I had a picture of her. My sis and I were trying to find one through old files but so far no luck.
I love animals in general but I miss having a cat at times and aside from my husbands allergy he doesn’t care for cats xP....he is a loser lol