Everchange

▶ Happy Adoption Day!

Nym

actual trash
D
Staff member
Mod
Closes: March 5th, 1:00am EST​

Orphanages have struggled in the last few months, finding themselves swamped with foals needing good homes. Winter has been rough both physically and mentally, and it seems that while Seraphim has been eager to do her job and cause a baby boom (out of a desire to avoid the wrath of the Queens), not everyone appreciated her gift. There are tons of little orphans who are looking for a loving parent to take them home, and the flyers left town to town practically beg willing and healthy homes to consider bringing home a foal of their own.
What about you? Have you been considering taking home a small foal of your own? If so, continue reading!
How to Play:
Fill the form out below. You will be RPing one of your ponies entering the orphanage and meeting a random foal. Tell us how that meeting went, and why your pony wishes to adopt the small foal! If a staff-member likes your entry they'll create a foal for you to take home!
Have a pony part of a partnership who wishes to adopt with their partner? You both can fill the form out together, but remember -- you can only enter once! Those who enter together will have to select who takes the foal home.
Foals will be entirely CC based. Your entries should not mention breed, colors, or distinguishing features of the foal.

Rules:
  • You can only enter once, so choose carefully who you'll enter, and if you'll partner with anyone.
  • No matter if you partner or not the entry will only reward one foal, max, if someone selects it.
  • Foals will be entirely CC and grow within a week.
  • Do not bribe, whine, beg, pester, or hint for a foal.
  • You should RP as a pony you own, however if you lack a pony you can use a NPC!
  • Use the form as intended, although you can change font size.
  • Staff may participate but not select their own entries.
Form:
Code:
[b]Username[/b]:
[b]Partner's Username[/b]: -delete if entering alone-

[b]Pony Url[/b]: -link to cert-
[b]Partner's Pony Url[/b]: -link to cert. delete if entering alone-
[b]Pony Newbie[/b]: -lack a pony? say yes here and delete the url sections above-

[b]Two Unwanted Breeds[/b]: -only two, if you list more we will disqualify you-

[b]RP Entry[/b]: -rp your pony entering the orphanage and meeting a foal, as well as how that meeting goes! you may rp the foal, but keep in mind to omit any appearance details. if any are mentioned please remember these are entirely CC and any prizes can and will ignore appearance requests/hints-

[b]Owner[/b]: -who will own the foal if your entry wins?-

Last edited:

One Little Jay

Grizzled Veteran
D
Username: one little Jay

Pony Url: Jay

Pony Newbie: no

Two Unwanted Breeds: Changeling

RP Entry: Jay was practically shaking with excitement ad she entered the orphanage. She has been trying for so long for foals of her own with different partners even. So she was pretty sure it was problem with her. When she heard that the orphanage had too many foals she took it as a sign. Maybe this was the way it was meant to be.

Walking into the room where the foals where she was taken aback and her heart ached in her chest. "They all need homes?" She felt a pang in her chest as she looked around. They were running and playing. Most of them hadn't even noticed she walked in. She watched them for a while from afar softly smiling if any of them noticed her enough to wave.

"They are all so full of energy" she heard a chirp from next to her. Looking down she saw a foal who looked tired. Perhaps they werent sleeping well, or maybe just tired of being at the orphanage. "Well it looks like they are having fun' I bet you would too if you joined them" she spoke cheerily. The foal gave her a look of disdain and all but rolled thier eyes. "Playing is for kids. I'm not a kid. Not really." Jay's eyes widened and she couldn't help but chuckle. "You sure look like one to me" to this they let out a huff and walked away leaving Jay to watch the kids play.

Layer that Jay when speaking to the headmaster of the orphanage Jay couldn't help but ask. "Who is that foal that approached me earlier?" The others face turned into a grimace. "Marci" a pause. "They arent like some of the other foals here, they have a pattern of being adopted out and returned." Jay looked down at her hooves this must be why they didn't want to play. "It must be very hard to feel unwanted" Jay knew in that moment THAT was the foal that she had been waiting for.

Owner: one little Jay

Straye

Long-Term Resident
D
Jay is taking
Username: Straye

Pony Url:
Partner's Pony Url: Sage Sonata

Two Unwanted Breeds: Deepsea Aquatic or Changeling (Galeophobia and trypophobia)

RP Entry: Sage stepped through the doorway to the orphanage, looking around at the little ones crowding around the adults that had arrived before her.

There were so many excited colts and fillies. Remembering the story Cenn told her about the day her basket arrived, a gift from the Seraphim, made Sage Sonata glow with fondness. Her parent had been kind, and loving, and had raised her to be the same. She'd thought by now, she'd have found her special stallion and settled down, had a few foals of her own... but she was still waiting for the right one to come along.

In her youth, Sage had looked after the younger ponies, and even had a sibling she doted on. She'd always been the maternal type - even growing up. Knowing that there were children out there that were unwanted was enough to lure her in.

As she wandered through the groups, she came across a small foal sitting apart from most of the others. Muzzle buried in the arm of the chair they hid in, Sage blew over them gently to get their attention. Tiny head lifted and wide bright eyes met hers. The foal moved closer on clumsy legs and nestled against her side as she moved onto the large, plush chair as well. They seemed young, and judging by how overwhelmed they seemed to be, if their tremble was any indicator, they were probably new.

Their anxiety and their timid, withdrawn demeanor and their quick response to cling to the comfort she offered stirred that maternal instinct to care and protect, and she knew in that moment, she would not leave the orphanage without the little one curled against her side, face nestled into the curtain of her hair.

Owner: Straye

Last edited by a moderator:

Shadrya

Long-Term Resident
D
Username: Shadrya

Pony Url: -link to cert : pony

Two Unwanted Breeds: no unwanted breeds

RP Entry: As Bubblegum pop started to build her Foal Kindy & home ontop of Glittering Forest she started to miss her siblings , you would think growing yp with 10 younger siblings and 1 older sibling she would get sick & tired of the noise & the lack of space...but she never did. As she was working she was lost of thought until she heard what sounded like foals yelling and giggling out to eachother, so she walked outside and started to follow the noises. Bubblegum Pop started to get closer & closer to the sound of the foals, they sounded like they were playing a game which made Bubblegum Pop giggle and smile to herself thinking "i wish i had a foal of my own", Bubblegum Pop was surprised to see an orphanage, she never knew that there was one of top of Glittering Forest, but she remembered that she had read a notice that there was a boom in foals this winter and the orphanages were running out of room to house the foals. As she got closer she noticed a Mare call in the foals "come in children, its time to get ready!!, oh my gosh you two" she said "look at you both, you have dirt all over your faces, better go wash it off before they come" she replied.

Bubblegum Pop thought to herself "hmm should i try to adopt? i know its crazy but there are so many foals playing in that field without homes and i do miss the pitter patter of hooves and cold wet noises waking me up in the morning" she pondered more & more and as bubblegum pop got closer & closer to the entrance the more certain she was that she wanted to adopt a foal of her own.

Bubblegum Pop walked up the the orphanage and knocked, surprisingly a young foal answered tythe door and yelled "no we dont want to buy anything, and theres nothing for sale here, GO AWAY!" and slammed the door in Bubblegum Pop's face, shocked yet amused she couldnt help but giggle to herself. All of a sudden a Mare reopened the door and started to appologise for the young foals behaviour Bubblegum Pop replied "No need to appologise the cheeky foal gave me a giggle A+ for the imagination, especially under the circumstances, they have a wild imagingation which i love". The Mare opened the door more and said " please come in, and follow me upstairs to my office", As Bubblegum followed the Mare up the stairs she had noticed that same foal at the door in the corner of her eye so she winked and laughed making the young foal run away as they got caught for spying on her and the Mare.
"Good Morning, are you here to look at a foal to adopt per chance" she replied, Bubblegum Pop replied "Yes, i am, I am in the middle of building a place for the foals to learn before some choose to go to Runsegil, and i thought maybe i could adopt a foal, letting that foal have an opportunity like anyother foal that was born into a family, asnd ive also wanted a family of my own.".
The Mare smiled at Bubblegum Pop and said "Would you like to meet the foals?", Bubblegum beamed with excitement and replied "Yes, i would love to meet them", following the Mare down the stairs all of as sudden got hit with a snowball heard a foal giggling and galloped away she didnt see who it was but she had an idea that it was that cheeky foal she first encountered at the front door.

The Mare put a whistle up to her lips and blew, all of a sudden all the foals that she saw playing in the field all came galloping in forming a straight line, Bubblegum pop looked at all the adorable foals beaming with the hugest grins she ever saw, her heart cried to see this many foals in need of homes,
Bubblegum Pop looking through the crowd specifcally looking for the cheeky foal she had encountered earlier but they weren't in the line, suddenly in the corner of her eye she spotted the fofal hiding behind a pole, Bubblegum Pop pointed at the pole hiding and said to the Mare " this one she tried to hide her giggles at the foal poking its tongue out at her "i do believe this young foal and i would get along swimmingly, they remind me of a certain mare when she was younger" she smiled thinking of herself. The Mare called the young foal up to the front and smiled at both Bubblegum Pop and the young foal.

Owner: Shadrya

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
Username: belloblossom

Pony Url: Galactic Starpath
Pony Newbie: No

Two Unwanted Breeds: n/a

RP Entry: Galactic Starpath had adopted foals before, but this was her first time actually visiting an orphanage. Her first two baskets were ones that had dropped out of the sky - manifesting on her doorstep without warning. With the help of her mate, the two adults raised the baskets into dashing, creative ponies, who'd gone on to living their own lives. While her mate had been happy to return to the life they'd led before the sudden appearance of foals, Gal had developed an empty nester attitude. Aliens and the research of worlds outside of Everchange were the furthest thing from her mind. However, after a discussion of the future and the news of a recent baby boom that swept through the orphanages of the continent, the conclusion was reached that Gal would go apply to become a parent to one of the many available foals in the orphanage.

It wasn't hard to find an orphanage in the winter sector. There were flyers all over Winterbloom and Gal was happy to follow the directions printed at the bottom of the flyer she took from one of the stop signs posted along the street. When she finally got to the building, she found it to be old and large. It had a stone exterior and Gal found herself frowning. If she'd been brought here as a foal, she would have been so frightened - it was hardly warm or welcoming. Still, she wasn't here to judge its outside - plenty ponies she'd met before had a prickly exterior, but were friendly on the inside. Thus, she pressed her hoof into the doorbell. She could here a chiming sound from inside, followed by silence. She perked her ears forward and pressed the side of her face to the door, only to have it abruptly pulled back.

Stumbling forward as her balance shifted, she caught herself and looked up... and then down, to see a foal staring up at her. The foal was a touch older than the youngsters Gal had imagined she might encounter here,, but there was a playful gleam that unveiled a childish spirit within the pony in front of her.

"Betcha didn't hear me comin' ta the door! Bet I surprised ya - ya nearly tumbled right through our doorway!" The foal said with a giggle. "Missus Marvel-our warden and the head of our phanage- 's upstairs. 'm supposed ta greet all the guests n' bring ya up to 'er! C'mon then! You's a guest, right?"

Gal smiled down at the foal, who stood so proudly beside the door - happy to be a helper to the other workers there. Tossing her mane out of her eyes, Gal nodded.

"Yes, that's right. I'm here to, well, to apply for an adoption. I suspect your Miss Marvel would be just the mare to talk to about that, hm?"

The foal nodded their head eagerly.
"Tha's right! C'mon n' follow me! I'll take ya to 'er!" They said and started off, their head high and proud with their mission. As Gal followed the foal, she noticed plenty of others poking their heads around doors or corners. Small hooves thumped ahead of her and Gal swerved to avoid being run over by a trio dashing towards her, a ball bouncing between them.

She smiled as she made her way up the stairs.
"Miss Marvel is lucky to have such a fine helper like you to assist with the guests. I'd never have found the way to her office on my own." She remarked to the foal as she was led to a large door with a name plate on the front that read Marvelous Melody - Orphanage Director and Head Caretaker on the front. The foal beamed at her, then knocked twice and called announced, "Missus Marvel, 've gots a guest for ya! She wants ta be a parent!"

There was the sound of rustling from inside and then the door opened wide, revealing a tall, unicorn mare with her mane tied back into a smooth, tight bun. Despite her professional attire and the librarian's glasses that hung around her neck, the mare's eyes lit with delight and relief and she bore a large smile.

"Thank you, my dear assistant. Please return to the door and bring any other guests to the waiting room while I show our guest around." The mare said to the foal, who offered a salute to the apparent Miss Marvel and a grin to Gal, before they trotted down towards the staircase. Gal, meanwhile, was ushered inside and sat in front of a desk.

It took a bit to get through the formalities, but when it came to asking what manner of foal might interest Gal - what sort of personality might best fit the family dynamic Gal and her mate could provide, she found herself saying.

"Mm, a helpful or enthusiastic sort... someone who's proud of what they can bring to the family. In fact...tell me more about your assistant, if you could." For the impression Galactic Starpath had been given by the foal was one that was sticking with her. With a foal as charming as that, well, Gal was finding it difficult to imagine any other going home with her and becoming apart of her family.

Owner: belloblossom

PeterPan_da144

Stew Aficionado
D
Supporter
Username: PeterPan_da144 (entering alone, but using a self pair to rp/discuss ;u; )

Pony Url: Eres
Pony's Partner Url: Creamsicle Fluff
Pony Newbie: Nope

Two Unwanted Breeds: Dullahan & Dragon

RP Entry: Creamsicle Fluff and Eres had been talking about foals for quite some time now, though it had been a bit of a heated debate. While Creamsicle adored foals, she just didn't think they would fit into their busy life style, or would cause too much of a ruckus or mess. Eres, on the other hand, while she did accept her mate's words, pointed out that it depended on how they raised the foal. Foals were impressionable and smart, and could be molded properly so they weren't just little gremlins of destruction. Creamsicle retorted with a deep seated fear she had, that she wouldn't be able to give the foal the love and attention it needed due to her hectic work schedule, and that the child would be neglected. That she would be a horrible mother. It took Eres quite a while to be able to convince Creamsicle that this just wasn't true. After all, she was able to make so much time for her mate, and for their Mau.

Finally, Eres able to convince her mate to go to the nearest orphanage and just... Just dip a hoof into the water and see how it went. The worst that would happen would be that they wouldn't click with any foals, and would return home to mull it over and try again later. She could accept that.

The pair entered the orphanage, Eres excited, Creamsicle anxious. There seemed to be other prospective parents there, and a lot of them. As well as a lot of foals. Wow, they weren't kidding when they said there was a foal boom.

Foals ran about, some coming up and greeting the pair, asking their names and what they liked to do. Everything seemed amicable, but no one was just clicking. At least, not for Creamsicle. She tried her best, but the anxiety of being a new mom was just really tearing her up, to the point where she ended up separated from her mate, looking for a quieter corner. Out of the two, Creamsicle always did better with big crowds or rushed atmospheres, what with fashion shows and whatnot. But adding in foals? She felt so out of her element...

They had been told they could wander, organically run into the foals and strike up conversation. Though most of them seemed to be downstairs, away from the rooms. The small unicorn poked her head into doors here and there out of curiosity, though, as she slowly plodded through the halls. Until she found something interesting. In a smaller room, towards the back of the hall, there sat two beds. All the other rooms had four beds, or two sets of bunk beds. One bed looked completely unused, but the other had a small foal sitting atop it. Quietly playing with something. Eyebrows knit in worry at the sight of a foal all alone, so Creamcisle gently knocked on the door. The foal didn't seem to hear her, so she knocked again, before speaking up and moving into the room. "Hello?" she said gently, which seemed to get a reaction from the foal. They turned their head slowly, tilted slightly, eyes wide and taking in her figure. Then they gave the smallest of nods and turned back to what they were doing.

Awkwardly, she stood there a little longer, before moving closer. Slowly. Eventually, she was fully in the room, and was able to see what the foal was doing. They were coloring. But it was... Different. There was no real rhyme or reason to it. Though the colors... "Oh wow, that is beautiful," she murmured, taking a seat beside the bed to watch. The foal would glance up at her slightly, before quietly returning their gaze to the paper. The two would sit in this silence for a long time, long enough for Eres to finally find them. When she did, all Creamsicle would say to her, very softly, was, "This little one is amazing."

This would earn a tiny smile from the little foal, who would push a blank piece of paper towards Creamsicle finally, as well as their crayons.

Eres sat as well, watching the two as they drew and colored respectively. Creamsicle was almost constantly looking at the foal's paper, before flourishing the crayons across her own. Inspiration had struck the smaller unicorn, it seemed, as they continued to sit in silence until Creamsicle finally finished. Gently pushing her paper towards the foals, one would see that the colors were the exact same, with the pattern from the foals paper being present on Creamsicle's. In the form of an extravagant dress, flowing with a small train and an elaborate collar. The foal pushed at the paper gently, turning it this way and that, before finally looking fully back up at Creamsicle. Their gaze when she first came in had been a bit glossy to her, and turned intense when they turned back to their coloring. Now, looking up at the two ponies, it was like they were seeing them for the first time. A genuine smile crept forth, returned in kind by Eres and Creamsicle.

"Do you want to come home with me?" Creamsicle spoke gently, surprising her mate. The foal focused on her and nodded slowly, before turning to gently nudge their coloring items into a little bag.

Owner: M-me ;u;

Last edited by a moderator:

ChexaRain

Grizzled Veteran
D
Username: ChexaRain

Pony Url: Solemn Mourning [Doesn't have a cert yet, powers weren't approved yet.]

Two Unwanted Breeds: Kelain, Mer

RP Entry: The smell of agony fresh and early in the morning brought Solemn immense... well, not exactly joy but something more than his usual indifference, so it only made sense that the absolute misery of abandoned children would call to him like coffee early in the day. The overcrowded and decrepit building sang with despair, and he all too willingly walked right into the building without a doubt in his mind.

No sooner had he entered the musty front hall, some sap of a mare was questioning about a certain child, and Solemn was half-tempted to just breeze by when he heard the term 'problem child'. He paused long enough to catch that some little troublemaker of a foal had set fire to his new mother's mane, and quite on purpose. The front desk held a rather flustered stallion trying to dissuade the mare from returning him, claiming it would be the fourth time, and Solemn's expression soured. Like the foal was some cheap toy to be replaced.

He glanced around the room, swerving the more positive energy before he sensed the darkest mood in the room, a foal placed awkwardly close to the arguing adults and their eyes were swollen and red. They absolutely reeked of misery, and Solemn inched closer, sizing up the little creature that was no threat to him.

"What do you want?" the little one spat, and Solemn was taken aback. Bold! A flicker of a smirk crossed his features, this one was trouble eh? He lowered himself down to the small one's level, looking them in the eye and finding he quite liked the challenge in their gaze.

The words that came from him next, even Solemn himself hadn't expected.

"I'll take this one with me."

Owner: ChexaRain

Luxona

Grizzled Veteran
D
Username: Luxona

Pony Url: Alyss
Pony Newbie: Nawp

Two Unwanted Breeds: Aquatic, Mer

RP Entry: Alyss had been in such a slump lately... Her afternoon tea didn't taste as sweet, her evening nap gave her nightmares, her morning chats with the garden roses had begun to grow stale... Alyss was a pony of vibrant imagination, but she'd started to grow tired and find she just didn't have the energy to attend to her daily routine anymore. She'd wondered from time to time if maybe she just needed another pony in her life, but she was certain no stallion would want her and couldn't even give a reason as to why...

It was a warm winters day when a flyer blew into Alyss's dormant garden, and as she looked it over she felt a little spark of warmth... Perhaps, she didn't need another pony? Perhaps... perhaps a pony needed her? A small pony, a young pony, a pony the world had so far not been kind to... Alyss started to imagine little hooves (or paws) running around her gardens, a little foal sitting with her and her plushies at the tea table, a little voice she could actually hear with her ears and not just her mind as they invented wild tales of adventure together... That's it! She was going to try to adopt!

Alyss found her way to the orphanage, spoke to the mare in charge, and was allowed to roam the rooms and playground to see the foals interacting with each other and the world around them. Most of them were outside playing, so thats where Alyss went first! However, once in the yard, she found herself a little overwhelmed... There were so many darling foals, so many who needed homes... and so many with so much energy! Maybe this was a bad idea, maybe a foal was too much, maybe they would just ruin her garden, spill her tea, disturb her naps, or--- Now, what was that foal doing?

On the edge of the playground, out by the trees where a shallow pond had formed from the melted snow, one little foal played by themselves... They'd caught Alyss's eye as she'd been wildly looking around for an exit to bolt through, and she paused to watch them... They hoped around the pond's edge, ducked down, smacked the water, hoped back, spun around... At times it seemed they were talking to someone, at one point arguing with someone, but no one else was there. Frowning, Alyss picked her way through the playground, and was about to say hello to the lone foal when she stepped on and broke a twig, causing the small one to about leap out of their mane.

"Ahh! . . . Who are you? What do you want??" The foal squinted at Alyss, as if they were suspicious of her...

"Oh! I-I'm sorry... I didn't mean to... I'm Alyss! I uh..." Before she could say anymore, the foal cut her off.

"You're here to adopt, ain't ya? Yeah yeah, you all are. The good ones are over there-" They gestured to the other ones, "so go talk to them. I'm talking to Mister Mlem and you're not invited." The foal huffed, and sat down with their back towards Alyss...

"Mister... Mlem?"

The foal almost growled in annoyance. "Yeah, Mister Mlem, he's my friend, got a long tongue like bleeeehhhh-" The foal turned around to face Alyss again, and used a foreleg to demonstrate a long tongue, "and he don't like strangers to see him so... Shoo."

"A long tongue... Oh, it looks like mine!" Alyss lolled out her own tongue, imitating the noise the foal made, and felt delight as the foal's eyes widened and sparkled.

"Y-yeah! Yeah yeah! Wait... OHMIGOSH, ARE YOU THE ONE?" The foal nearly squealed and hopped around. "Mister Mlem told me someone like him would come to take me home, are you them???"

Alyss giggled, feeling such a warmth swell within her being that she'd been missing for so long. "I sure hope so, kiddo, cuz I've got some friends at home just like Mister Mlem, and they're eagerly waiting to meet you both~"

Owner: Luxona

Joshuality

Grizzled Veteran
D
Username: Joshuality

Pony Url: Charlotte Ann Sheep

Two Unwanted Breeds: Earth, Flightless

RP Entry: Charlotte made her way up the orphanage steps, thinking over her plot in her head. It had just been a few days prior when she first saw the flyer for the adoption event when she cooked it up. A foal... The world's most perfect little comrade. Of course, Charlotte herself was an amazing con artist- er, salespony- but she wasn't the most trustworthy face in Everchange. A foal, however, was the perfect little critter to garner attention and sympathy. And hey, when they got older and began to learn the tricks of the trade, they could even be her little sidekick.

Trotting forward, the mare cleared her throat before entering the large doors. "Hello," she all but sang the word in her sweetest voice, "I'm looking for- ah!" Just as she spoke, another mare popped up to greet her.

"Yes, hello! I assume you're here for the same reason everypony else, eh? Those flyers did a gosh darn good job of bringing ponies in! C'mon back to meet the little ones." Before Charlotte knew it, the other mare was practically dragging her along to the next room. Well, that was a lot easier than she'd expected...

In the next room, there were lots of ponies. Mostly foals running amuck, with a few other adults seemingly there to pick out their little ones. It was a bit more chaotic than Charlotte would've thought it would be, but maybe that was for the best. Seeing the foals at the height of playtime could help in picking the best new sidekick family member.

It took a bit of time for Charlotte to really focus on any single foal with them all running around, but eventually she was able to pinpoint one in particular that caught her interest. There was a small section of the room dedicated to storing the games/toys, and one foal seemed to be in charge of it all. Charlotte watched him carefully- a little foal would run up to him, point at something they wanted, and offer something else in exchange for it. A small pile sat behind him of things he'd acquired, like juice boxes and sweets. On top of all that, he was adorable! Whoever this kid was, Charlotte had to have him.

"Nice stash you got there." Charlotte joked to the 'adorably tough' boy, who jumped up and covered it all with his coat. She snickered at him. "It's alright, I wont tell on you." The foal looked her up and down, confused but curious. "What do you want? A game? Because you have to give me something first." He all but demanded. Charlotte just laughed again at the child and shook her head. "How about a home?"

Owner
: Joshuality

KikiLime

Grizzled Veteran
D
Username: KikiLime

Pony Url: Trevor

Two Unwanted Breeds: Kelain, Mer

RP Entry: Trevor had volunteered at Orphanages for years, happy to see each foal grow and get their very own families to love and cherish them. It brought joy to his heart, and through the years as he got older with heart breaks and no luck with any children of his own until recently, he always wished to adopt a foal and give them that special home as well. With his own two foals, if he was qualified enough, they'd be able to have some siblings to grow and play with throughout the journey on top of it.

Going through the familiar halls, he watched as other hopeful parents each took their time with those cherished foal of their chosen, getting to know each other and grow to love and hope their families will become whole.

There was one on his mind though that was a bit of a anti social foal from the start. He watched and tried to warm up to them. See this foal come out of their shell more and actually talk to him, to chip away all what felt like a large wall around them.

Coming to the foals room, Trevor smiled softly, first knocking before entering as he greeted them.

The small foal was a bit awkward, didn't like to be around larger crowds and had a hard time making friends, but when Trevor came in, they brightened up a little more, making their way over for a hug. Still so shy they stayed quiet.

"It's a big day, Feeling nervous?" Trevor asked, his tone soft, as he removed his scarf and wrapped it around the foal.

A small nod came as an answer. "T-too many ..." They stuttered out.

"I see, is that why you're hiding in our safe spot today?"

Another nod, followed by a frown. "Is...is that bad?"

"No dear one, You just feel better here than out there. There's nothing wrong with that." Trevor gave a sigh, It hurt his heart to see this child so reclusive. "If you could be in a quieter space, with maybe three or four ponies, maybe five tops, would you feel better than being in a place with lots more?"

The foal had to think about it, before moving away, grabbing a piece of paper and crayon, to make little scribbles before giving a nod. "Where's that?"

Another smile came from Trevor as he watched the little one. "Well, if you don't mind. I have two little ones at the moment, and there's myself, and I'm sure all of us wouldn't mind if you'd like to come life with us. But only if you'd want to."

"Really?"

"Mmhmm."

The little foal sat there for a moment, thinking of the possibilities, and when Trevor volunteered, he never really pushed anyone to do anything they didn't want. He was very nice. The foal even loved story time when he came and felt less scared when around other, maybe his kids were as nice as him.
Giving a nod, he figured he'd try.

Owner: KikiLime

YupItReallyIsMe

Veteran
D
Username: YupItReallyIsMe

Pony Url: Scopto
Pony Newbie: nope

Two Unwanted Breeds: Mer, Bat

RP Entry: Scopto would never openly admit how much he'd wanted a foal of his own. In fact, in anyone asked Scopto, he would feverently deny it. He's assumed he'd only swing by for a moment to look at the children before leaving. After all, his pet peeve being stared at for too long. He decided he'd swing by late in the day, when most people would've hopefully already left by then and he could just focus on the children.

Scopto swept into the room quietly, only nodding in quiet response when a nice mare asked if he was here for the adoption day. She lead him to another room where he could meet the children. Dozens of eyes fell on him and he winced. He's hoped the children would return to their games rather quickly and when they didn't, he shuttered. That's when he noticed a young foal in the middle of the room who hadn't bothered to look up as Scopto came in.

Scopto made his way over to the foal, lowering himself so he was at the foal's level, and spoke. "Hello, little one." The foal again didn't bother to look up, returning Scopto's greeting with a quiet hello.

"You are...awfully quiet over here. Is there something wrong?"

"No, sir. I just don't think anyone would be interested in me."

"Well, are you interested in me?" Scopto replied. Only then did the child look up at him and only for a moment. Somehow, this foal's gaze did not make him uncomfortable.

"No, why? Should I be?" The foal asked in return and Scopto smiled.

"Well. Yes. Because I am interested in you."

"Really?" The foal looked up at him with wide eyes, and Scopto again noticed how the child's gaze never lingered longer than necessary and never made him feel uneasy.

"Yes. I'd like you to come home with me, if you're alright with that."

"Hmm. Okay." The foal stood and disappeared into another room as Scopto shook his head and then did something he hadn't done in a while. He smiled.

Owner: Yup, Me <3

Bouquet of Diamonds

Grizzled Veteran
D
Username: Bouquet of Diamonds

Pony Url: Phoenix Down
Pony Newbie: Nope!

Two Unwanted Breeds: Dullahan, Mer

RP Entry: Phoenix Down had long since been lonesome, and while their granddaughter Fia had kept them content for a time, the need to have a little one to watch over was growing ever more difficult to ignore. They'd considered their options multiple times and decided against leaving everything up to the whims of fate as was done the first time around... Which ended up leaving them with very few avenues to choose as the single, socially awkward introvert they were. Without courtship, unexpected mishaps, and offerings, how did one go about having a foal?

The answer, adoption, came in the form of a flyer that their tail-mouth had snatched off of a post in town. Phoenix thought it over for a night, considering how they could handle all of the potential feelings an abandoned or orphaned child might have, and headed for the orphanage right after dawn.

"I apologize if I've come too early." Phoenix muttered, lowering their head toward the orphanage director. "I... Try to avoid crowds whenever possible."

"No trouble at all! Your appearance alone is appreciated!"
The director chimed as they lead Phoenix through the main hall and down the hall. "Now, did you say earlier that you already have children of your own?"

"Yes, but they've grown."
Phoenix nodded, a sentimental look crossing their features. "My sweet Fairy Ring has children of their own, but they've also grown. I've... Always wanted to add more to my flock, but my first two were a surprise and I didn't want to go about this without having a choice again, you see."

"Of course, I understand!" The director said, smiling. "We'll see if we can't find a little someone to fill that empty nest of yours, shall we?"

The sentiment was reciprocated with an eager nod from Phoenix's tail, but the pony themselves stayed quiet as they continued to follow the director down the hall. They could hear the voices of foals grow louder as they walked and though they were eager to see what faces belonged to which, they couldn't help but feel nervous. Would the foals be frightened of them? Would they shout at them or hide? Phoenix's ears flicked backward at the thought, but there was no way they could turn back now! Not after coming this far!

"E-excuse me?"

The voice came from seemingly nowhere at first, until Phoenix turned their head to look down the hall. A little face, peering out from a door just ever so held open, shuddered as Phoenix moved but held it's gaze. Phoenix paused and paid a quick glance to the director, before kneeling toward the door.

"Do you need something, little one?" They asked.

"Y-y-you..." The foal stuttered, nudging the door open so they could better look at Phoenix. "...G-got r-r-rainbows!"

"Er, yes?"
Phoenix replied, tilting their head. "I... Have quite a lot of rainbows."

The foal nodded exuberantly and dipped their head back behind the door, leaving Phoenix perplexed. A moment of shuffling noises from behind the door didn't help ease the confusion, but just as they were about to ask the foal if they were okay, the foal eagerly tossed the door open again with several pieces of paper in their mouth. They slapped the papers to the ground and nudged them apart, revealing all of the colorful drawings covering each page, before grinning eagerly up to Phoenix.

"I L-LOVE R-RAINBOWS!" They declared, stomping a hoof against the ground in excitement. "S-see? D-do you l-like them?"

Phoenix's eyes widened with surprise as they observed all the sweet drawings the foal had decided to share with them and, with a heart thoroughly melted, moved to stand beside the foal.

"I love them!" They cooed, watching as their tail carefully nosed at one of the drawings. "I espescially like this one, but they're all so pretty... Have you got any more you'd like to show me?"

"L-lots! Lots-n-lots!"
The foal cried, giggling as Phoenix's tail moved to nuzzle the side of their face. "I-I like y-your tail! It's s-super fluffy, l-like a b-big bird!"

"Thank you, they happen to like you too."
Phoenix chuckled, before turning their attention back to the director. Oh, they'd forgotten all about them standing there! They winced in embarrassment, but continued to smile. "... You know, what I'd really like though is... If you'd come stay with me. Would you like that?"

"R-really? You s-sure?"
The foal said, their gaze darting to the side. "T-the other f-f-oals s-say I t-t-talk f-funny, so n-no one w-wants me."

"Well, that's not just mean... It's wrong."
Phoenix said, giving the foal a reassuring nuzzle. "I promise you, I'm sure."

"... T-then yes!"
The foal exclaimed, shoving their teary-eyed face into Phoenix's fluff. "I-I'll go w-with you!"

"I think that's my cue to start the paperwork!"
The director exclaimed, trotting back the way they'd come. "I'll come get you when they're all ready to be signed!"

"T-thank you very much!"
Phoenix called, before allowing themselves to curl lovingly around the foal. They'd found their new little bird, and they'd make sure to shelter this one just as thoroughly as the ones they'd had before them.

Owner: Me! <3

Cheyriddle4

Grizzled Veteran
D
Username: Cheyriddle4

Pony Url: Eliza

Two Unwanted Breeds: Dulla,

RP Entry: It wasn't her intention to go to the orphanage at first. She was only going on a simple walk to keep herself healthy. After the loss of her daughter two and a half years ago going by playgrounds and places where foals play has always hurt. Memories swarm and she tends to become engulfed in grief. Yet as she walked by the orphanage she doesn't know what compelled her to enter. Just this sense that she simply needed to visit led her to cross the lawn and enter the building.

Her gaze looks around as she watches many others talking to some foals. Why is she here? This is adoption day. Is she even ready to support another after losing her own child not too long ago? She doesn't know but a sense of calm comes over her as she makes her way further. She moves towards the door that leads back towards the gardens when she hears the sounds of sniffles in the next room.

Poor dear. Probably disappointed or scared. Making her way into the room she looks around til she finds a foal with a blanket over them crying by the window. " Dearie.. shushh. It's okay." She moves to lower herself to be level with the foal. The sounds of crying and sniffles all to familiar. She gently rubs the foals back. " Oh dear one. It's going to be okay. Cry all you need to. You are safe." With slow strokes to help calm the foal she can't help but hear the door open.

"
Poor dear came to us not too long ago. They haven't seemed to settled down yet. Here let me take over so you can chat with ones more ready t-" Eliza smiles at the frazzled mare and shakes her head interrupting her." It's okay. I will stay with them. I've done this with my own once." The mare looks at her for a moment to make sure it is okay and leaves the two alone.

After a while the sniffles stop and there is quiet. Though she doesn't stop as she knows sometimes it is the motions that keep one calm. A soft voice comes from the foal as they look up at her. "
I'm sad... My parents are gone... and... I can't stop crying..." A pang right in the heart as she hears those words. Loss always such a hard thing. But to experience it so young is always such a travesty. "It's okay to be sad little one. I know it hurts losing those that you love. You just have to let the emotions come and go. But things will get better. It might take a while but they will get better dearie."

The foal stares at her and shakes it's head. "
This sucks! I hate crying.. People keep saying grief is natural. It's sucks." Eliza nods." It does suck. But what is grief if not love persevering? Grief just shows that you cared deeply so much that it still can cause pain." The foal moves to get up. "What do you know! Old lady!" Eliza watches as anger goes through the foal which is still so new to the grief process."I lost my daughter... two years ago.. Still hurts and it sucks so much but you learn to cope."

The foal stops and looks at her. Just staring and then looks down as if they wished they didn't say anything." I... didn't know." " Of course you didn't dear. It's okay. I'm Eliza.." The foal looks up at her and shuffles on their feet."Dallas.." Eliza gets up slowly and smiles gently." Dallas it is nice to meet you... Would.. you like to take a walk with me in the gardens?" A small nod comes from Dallas and she walks with the foal outside to the small gardens. There is silence for a little bit before the foal starts to talk to her about things they liked.. What they didn't like. Dreams and aspirations and it is quite something to her that this little one already knew what they wanted to be. As they walked she can't help but be reminded of her own daughter in this foal. Just small mannerisms that are so similar as if her daughter sent her to meet this foal.

It is in the final hour when the walk inside and Eliza stops." Dallas.. I know that you might not enjoy rules all to much but.. perhaps you would like to stay with me? I know you are going through a rough time and I would like to help you as much as I can." Dallas stops and looks at her mouth agape. Not having expected that. The foal thinks on what Eliza said." I wouldn't mind.. trying.. but you aren't going to replace my parents but... maybe you will be... bonus mom?"

"Of course. I would never want to replace them Dallas. Bonus Mom sounds great."

Owner: Cheyriddle4

Username:-Ghastly Demise-

Pony Url: Marigold

Two Unwanted Breeds: N/A

RP Entry:

She had always wanted to adopt, Give a small little foal a loving home, a place to grow and improve their talents, learn new ones and try new things, like food or to explore the outside world with her and her significant other, she was so nervous, but so existed at the same time. She couldn't help but wonder how the little foal across from her felt. " Do not fret little one, my name is marigold and I wish to adopt you, how do you feel about me becoming your mother?" she asked softly trying her best not to pressure the nervous looking foal, they moved their legs a bit staring up at marigold, not uttering a word, at first this made marigold feel a bit sad, but she didn't give up. " that's ok we can sit in silence if you like and I'll sit-- over here." she said taking a seat down on a pillow as she rested one hoof over the other ant smiled sweetly.

the little foal sat their for a moment not making eye contact, at least not for some time, but then they inched closer and then she spoke again softly at first " I do wish to learn about you if you do choose me, will you tell or perhaps show me something about yourself?" The little foal looked a little more existed as they ran off, and she waited, only to see the little foal peek around the corner as if they wanted her to fallow. " Oh, shall I come with you?" she asked, the little foal nodding vigorously. she raised to her hoofs and skipped after the little foal who looked a lot more enthusiastic now that she took interest in learning what they liked.

coming in to the little foals room, she could see a few key things; Books, pictures of insect, be it drawn or painted by the foal or other ponies they really seemed to like bugs and reading, marigold smiled and took a look around being careful not to step on books that had been piled around the room neatly. it seemed they where organized by color as well. " you have quite the collection here, i am very impressed." she said kneeling down once more "would you like to read the a book together?" she inquired. The little foal paused for no more than a moment then nodded, " Ok bring me a book you wish for me to read to you. " she watched as the little foal walked over pulling a little book down, bringing it to her in their mouth setting it down carefully. " Harmony Of the Sea folk, such an old book i see you have taken grate care of it. " The book was about the tales of a adventure pony who traveled all over Everchange, this one in particular this pony encountered aquatics and mermaids , she took time to read the book, at first the foal listened quietly across from marigold then closer, and closer, before long the foal was nestled between marigolds front hooves on their back listening and reading along as she read out loud to the foal in a soft sweet tone.

before long it was time for marigold to leave, the foal, still silent looked disheartened fallowing her to the office door. marigold said her goodbyes, all be it it tore her heart to leave the orphanage, she stepped inside the orphanage office with the intent on adopting this book loving foal, be it mute or just shy. " good evening, I would like to turn in my application to adopt this foal here" she said pointing to their picture in on the desk " They are such a quiet foal and i would love to give them a loving home if they so choose to come home with me" she said smiling fondly at the thought of them being home with her.

Owner: -Ghastly Demise-

SwordOfTheNagas

Veteran
D
Username: SwordOfTheNagas

Pony Url: Emerald Shimmer

Two Unwanted Breeds: Unicorn, Pixie

RP Entry: Emerald sighed as he walked into the orphanage. He was really doing this. He was finally starting a family of his own. He had been trying to find a potential partner for life, having a few interests here and there which never panned out. Led him to deciding to raise a foal on his own. He looked back to his tail. "You think we can do this, Jadeite?"

The tail curled under his chin. Their way of affirming his resolve. He chuckled as he stepped up to the Orphange Owner. "Hello, I'm the pony you spoke with. Emerald Shimmer."

"Ah yes, the foals are in their play area." the kind elder pony said as they led him to the large area. Emerald was already aglow with vitality as he looked around the room. Many foals were here, all sizes. He settled into a cushion as he watched the foals play. A few wandered over to him, Jadeite coiling around to chirp towards them. They giggled then scattered, this pattern repeated till a few stuck around. Once they had settled, one in particular in the curve of Jadeite. Emerald was asked a simple question.

"What'cha doing here, mister?"

Emerald smiled as his head tilted. "I'm here to see about taking one of you home."

"Why?"

Emerald chuckled. "I want to be a Papa, but no one wants to help me."

The foals looked at each other. Saying in unison. "Ewwwww."

Emerald laughed deeply. "Yes, yes. I know. Adult things are gross." he hummed. "So, I decided I would take in a foal that needed a family."

The foals looked to him. "What sort of family?"

"A big one. I live in a forest, in a large house...there is nearly 75 of us in there at any given point of the day. Our...Head of House, is a bigger ghoulie than me. He likes foals and would help me spoil you rotten." he explained. "There's more than ghoulies there. We have nearly everyone from every pony clan out there...."

One foal got big eyed. "Really?!?!?!?!"

He nodded. "Yep..." Emerald spent the rest of the day telling them random stories of the house and his herd.

Owner: Me

Sesshiyasha

Veteran
D
Username: Sesshiyasha

Pony Url: Deathwing
Pony Newbie: Nope <3

Two Unwanted Breeds: Mer, Aquatic.

RP Entry: Deathwing sauntered into the Orphanage. He had decided that it might not be so bad to have an offspring of sorts, and since he hadn't found someone willing to give him one, maybe just maybe he could adopt one and teach them to be like himself. He saw some of the young ones playing in the back of the orphanage. He walked over to one of the adults. It wouldn't be good to just walk up to a random youngling and potentially scare them. He knew he wasn't the most.... Frilly thing on the planet, but he was hoping that maybe one of these foals wouldn't find him scary.

As he was walking towards where the adults were there was a tug at his tail. He questioned this for a moment and gently tried to pull his tail from the tug. The tug remained. Curiously he turned his head around to see where this tugging was coming from. There was a small youngling attached to his tail. He found this one interesting.

"Why hello there?" He said to the youngling. The Youngling just giggled and continued to play with Deathwing's tail. "Well then... you are a brave one aren't you?" The youngling looked up at him and giggled more. Deathwing just wondered if maybe this youngling was unable to actually talk. Though that might not be a bad thing with him.

"I guess you haven't met many Mean Ones before...." To his surprise there came a small voice that answered him.

"You aren't mean...." He was so surprised at the response, how could this youngling know he wasn't mean? He waited a second to see if the youngling would talk more about the topic and sure enough, they did. "Someone as big and strong like you can't be mean... You have to protect others.... that's why you were given size and strength." This surprised Deathwing to his core. He was completely shaken. How could he have ever expected to come to a place like this and find one who would.... not find him mean and scary? He was so startled by it that he didn't realize that he had picked up the youngling and put them on his back.

"Well then.... I guess if I'm not mean and I should protect others.... then I might need a helper.... maybe a sidekick?" The youngling just giggled and opened their arms to act like they were flying on deathwing's back. He obliged the youngling and flapped his wings and lifted himself slightly off the ground, only to be met with Shrieks of joy from the youngling. This one has intrigued him, but there was a side of him that refused to take the youngling unless it was their decision to go with him. He flew them over to the adults, and gently settled back down on the ground, not removing the youngling from his back.

"If this Youngling will have me, I would like to protect them from this day on....." The youngling tilted their head to the side, and Deathwing turned his head to look at them. "Would you like to join me on my travels?" The Youngling shrieked more, and for a second Deathwing wondered exactly what he had actually gotten himself into, before he heard the youngling's response.

"If you don't mind that it will take me a while to become big and strong like you... I would love to join you.... We can protect the weak together!" Deathwing didn't know he could still feel love, but there was a small crack inside his Iron heart that seemed like it would now do anything it could to protect this youngling.... "Then it's a deal!" Was his response to the youngling. He would deal with the adults paperwork or whatever needed to be done and then they would go find a grand adventure... and heaven help anyone who would harm his Youngling.

Owner: Sesshiyasha