Everchange

▷ [Scenario Thread] A Walk Through The Woods

Nym

actual trash
D
Staff member
Mod

Ends: Nov 5th, 11:59pm EST
The thick and unaccommodating fog of the Lost Woods has remained impenetrable for centuries, mimicking the ocean's fog wall in its entirety. Researchers have long wondered if the same magic preventing ponies from leaving the immediate ocean surrounding Everchange was also present surrounding the woods, sending expedition teams to poke and prod at both barriers periodically through the years, rewarded only with ponies scratching their heads as the fogs sent them back from whence they came. Without answers or progress in their research, it seemed the magic protecting both the woods and ocean would remain undefined.
That is, until now. Researchers aren't sure when the fog that had enclosed the Lost Woods thinned, having paused in their attempts to decipher the oddities of the woods years ago, but it's evident ponies can now enter the gloomy woods. While still shrouded in a swirling mist, the woods allow ponies within for a time, welcoming the curious souls eager to navigate the shrouded woods until its humor wanes and, much like before, it sends their visitors back to the beginning. Some wander further than others, and others even speak of seeing faint glittering lights peeking within branches and brush, but so far no one has entered from one side and exited the other.
The Seasonal Kingdom has shown interest in understanding the Lost Woods and mapping the strange lands, offering their residents a small reward in bits for those willing to chart their explorations within. With October in full swing and the Fall season in power, ponies have happily decorated the border of the Lost Woods with various stalls and games, dragging the magical woods into their spooky celebrations (it's the perfect atmosphere, isn't it?). Ponies exploring the woods might hear the giggles from the pop-up fairgrounds surrounding, adding to the already unsettling ambiance within.
They also might hear something else -- something like faint twinkling laughter from the woods itself. It doesn't sound harmful, that much is true, but... well, are you willing to find out what it might be?

• Every day (after midnight EST time), players can RNG 1-10.
  • Check the chart below to see what you've rolled!
  • This thread is specifically for rolls + prizes, but there is an ORP thread, where players can RP what they've rolled and earn AP for doing so!
  • Every roll also gets you 1 Costume Ticket for The Costume Party! Remember to log your tickets!
  • Additionally, log any candy received in the tracker.

Number
Scenario
1​
You tripped over a root!
2​
Something grabbed your leg! Quote Nym!
3​
You found someone's lost candy. You get a candy!
4​
The fog sent you back to the beginning.
5​
You heard faint laughter in the distance.
6​
Is that a monster?! Oh- no- it's just a bush....
7​
You're hungry and have to head back.
8​
What's that on the ground? +1 Costume Ticket
9​
The sound of soft twinkling can be heard. Quote Nym!
10​
The fog is getting heavier....

Do you have to quote Nym? Use the form below!
Code:
[b]I need Nym![/b]
I rolled: [insert the text from the scenario here!]

Last edited:

Bouquet of Diamonds

Grizzled Veteran
D
Number Generated:
Min: 1
Max: 10
Res: 5
10/05/2023 roll!~

[You heard faint laughter in the distance.]

I choose to laugh right back. What're they going to do? Laugh harder?

Reoakee

Grizzled Veteran
D
I need Nym!
I rolled: The sound of soft twinkling can be heard. Quote Nym! 9
@Nym

It was a Fairy!

Last edited by a moderator: