A Chat About Aesthetics

AngelBane

Veteran
D
Everyone has their signature theme or aesthetic style
Especially when it comes to things like adoptables or b/c pets.
I thought it might be cool to kinda just make a post and ask "What's yours?".
I know people make their own moodboards and stuff specifically for their style.

So if want to, tell us what your aesthetic is and share some examples!

sharkberrypizza

🍓 Like, nya, you know?
D
Staff member
Tech-Priest
Admin
I guess people associate me with pastels pinks, blues, and purples, and vaporwave aesthetics?
(Can't imagine why that is.)

In truth love a bit of everything, though naturals are my least faves and as a designer I find them very dull to do.

AngelBane

Veteran
D
Never heard of vaporwave. Just googled it and I can see the association lol.

Mine is pretty much known by anyone who breathes by now. Elegant Stuff / Pink Stuff / Dessert Stuff.
More than once Ive gotten adopts from somewhere who said I made this pink because I know its your thing.
Its really sweet when someone thinks about the stuff you like visually kinda makes you feel noticed.
I suppose I shy away from like gore vibes mostly but I'm not big on floral aesthetic either.

I'm predictable lol

sharkberrypizza

🍓 Like, nya, you know?
D
Staff member
Tech-Priest
Admin
I really like a lot of what your aesthetic too. I'm a big fan of dessert stuff as well. ; w;

astralprogenitor

late to the party
D
Staff member
Admin
Designer
🐸

I know when I've made you things (Lady) I ... tend to make pink frilly, dessert-y, or royal type things. XD Those are just ~your aesthetic~. Same with shark, I def make him vapor or like goth/pastel things because I know he loves those, even though I know he loves so many other things too. I think everyone else does it so much sometimes I forget he likes other things. LOL

I think ... my aethetic is just frog, lol. I get so many random DMs with cute frog pics - which I love, I'm not complaining - though admittedly I do sometimes like other things. I am actually a huge fan of spoop/creepy aesthetics, and I'm also really fond of bold red on black and gold? I'm also fond of vapor and retrowave ... Okay, it kinda makes sense why I mostly just get FROG pinned on me I think - I don't hardline on any one aesthetic otherwise, huh? lmfao

🐸

Moonie

Veteran
D
My aesthetics are aaall over the place XD Though I tend to gravitate towards spacey/galaxy themes. I like spook. I like Pastels. I like Vaporwave! ... I wonder how all that combined would turn out.

Luxona

Grizzled Veteran
D
| | the thing you need most | |

I'm deffo in the 'goth' aesthetic XD; but I also like colors? I'm not fond of pink, but the Sinful gradient is my favorite... Yellow is the main color I can hardly stand, but my new-to-me truck is yellow and so sometimes I'm now drawn to yellow pets? *contradicts myself a lot*

Mostly ya can't go wrong with goth/purples/batty/fluffy things, or anything cheshire-catish... or cowboy, as IRL i'm the chick in tripp pants/spikes/black lipstick framed with a cowboy hat and boots :ROFLMAO:

| | is a hand to hold | |

sharkberrypizza

🍓 Like, nya, you know?
D
Staff member
Tech-Priest
Admin
A bit like my av, I think! (and other art I hope to get soon ...)
but yeah, I think we align quite a bit. Luxy too, tho I love yellow in the right context, personally. 💜

My aesthetics are aaall over the place XD Though I tend to gravitate towards spacey/galaxy themes. I like spook. I like Pastels. I like Vaporwave! ... I wonder how all that combined would turn out.

AngelBane

Veteran
D
Got a lot of people for the dark spoops and the purply vibes. Never would pegged Vari up there as a spoops dude. Always thought it was like shades of blue for some reason. (and obviously the froggos). Dunno where i got that from. My bestie is big on the purple void galaxy themes. I'd never wear fancy esc pinky stuff irl but online I just slap it on everything like a thick coat of paint lol. Bestie's over there rocking a purple paint splatter hoodie and a ghost pokemon baseball cap living the purple life.

AngelBane

Veteran
D
I think the only place that my stuff isn't uniform "LAH brand" themes was in Kitsu cuz i played the gatcha so much I have a bunch of randoms that I have adopted as my unusual children. You may not be pink or fancy pantsy but your mine and I shall embrace your individuality. I do have dessert themed ones from there though that make me very happy.

Seimei

Grizzled Veteran
D
gradients, blue and gold, purples are growing on me with all my purple children.

I'd have to look at all my characters before i can really see a theme.
my guess would be 'natural world' but not necessarily natural markings

AngelBane

Veteran
D
I think red/gold is growing on me.. i started picking up liking the red queen vibes and lumping it in my royalty likes
So i got my custom from Vari who is the fanciest of birbs. Just gotta start adding to that theme.

sharkberrypizza

🍓 Like, nya, you know?
D
Staff member
Tech-Priest
Admin
red and gold is nice and smooth

I've kinda been in love with butter yellow lately.

PeterPan_da144

Stew Aficionado
D
Supporter
Honestly.........

It's easier to list what I don't like! xD
Gore, copious amounts of blood, eyeballs and mouths where they shouldn't be.
Definitely faces that aren't natural - there's a pony with a doodled face, and another with buttons for eyes
NOT TO SAY THESE PONIES ARE NOT CUTE OR ANYTHING
I just feel weird looking at them too much and wouldn't look to get myself one, if that makes sense
Not a lot of connection with them on an emotional level
After everything I've seen in M4S, I'm growing better and better every day with a lot of thing
AND I JUST LOVE COLORS, OKAY

astralprogenitor

late to the party
D
Staff member
Admin
Designer
🐸

I'm amused 'cause most of your dislikes Sami I'm a big fan of those aesthetics. maybe not gore, but I do like bloody things, but eyeballs and mouths and monsters oH MY

unnatural things are right up my alley tooooooo oh man

🐸

AngelBane

Veteran
D
I gotta agree with the creepy mouth thing. I have never been a fan of like stomach mouths and stuff as mutations. Although I don’t usually shun stuff just because of more or less eyes? I know stuff like button eyes can be really hit or miss depending on execution.

Seimei

Grizzled Veteran
D
for me it depends on what the mouths look likes for the eyes, im ok with eyes (extra, less) but its when things start to look diseased that i start to avoid.

AngelBane

Veteran
D
I think one of my favorite "mutations" aesthetically .. well mutations in b/c sense in adopt universe itll just exist... but i like shaped pupils.
I have a pet that has heart shaped pupils and i live for how cute that looks.

Straye

Long-Term Resident
D
I grew up with a grey/stormy/plaid aesthetic - and yet, I have nothing online that actually represents my aesthetic XD I also don't know how to make the cool font and moodboard things. x.x