BBCode Help/Chatter

sharkberrypizza

🍓 Like, nya, you know?
D
Staff member
Tech-Priest
Admin
Since I've seen a few of you coming from there struggling to get things brought over, I decided to take a peek at conversions.

Based on running tests, I've discovered ...

Code:
Broken -> Replacement

[strike][/strike] -> [s][/s]

[size=7][/size] -> [size=7px][/size]

[video][/video] -> [media][/media] (multi-use, best to use rich editor)

[align=left][/align] -> [left][/left]
[align=right][/align] -> [right][/right]
[align=center][/align] -> [center][/center]

all this [list] spaces crap that I tried to do myself in the past -> [indent], [indent=3], etc

[imgleft][/imgleft] = [img align="left"][/img]
[imgright][/imgright] = [img align="right"][/img]

[imgleft="500"][/imgleft] = [img align="left" height="500"][/img]
No matter where you're from, if you have more problems or oddities converting, please respond in this thread.

PeterPan_da144

Stew Aficionado
D
Supporter
When I hit quote to quote something, it says "message added to multi quote". And I don't see it pop up in a new message like it would on Gaia. How does this quoting work? (I have a tendency to use quoting to quickly copy coding for stables without copying and pasting each time)

sharkberrypizza

🍓 Like, nya, you know?
D
Staff member
Tech-Priest
Admin
When you choose the option to quote, it's added into a sort of quote queue.

To access your quote queue, look for the button "Insert quotes..." (it's down beside the Rand Num option, has blue text, it'll be hard to miss if you know it's there).

You can organise/arrange all the quotes you've collected there, and when you're ready to insert them all, just select the "Quote Messages" button in the little popup that came up when you pressed the insert quotes button.

If that's difficult to follow, lmk and I'll make some screenshots that can hopefully help.

When I hit quote to quote something, it says "message added to multi quote". And I don't see it pop up in a new message like it would on Gaia. How does this quoting work? (I have a tendency to use quoting to quickly copy coding for stables without copying and pasting each time)

PeterPan_da144

Stew Aficionado
D
Supporter
GOT IT OWO ❤❤❤❤❤

When you choose the option to quote, it's added into a sort of quote queue.

To access your quote queue, look for the button "Insert quotes..." (it's down beside the Rand Num option, has blue text, it'll be hard to miss if you know it's there).

You can organise/arrange all the quotes you've collected there, and when you're ready to insert them all, just select the "Quote Messages" button in the little popup that came up when you pressed the insert quotes button.

If that's difficult to follow, lmk and I'll make some screenshots that can hopefully help.

Lisaisfire619

Veteran
D
🐾"When it hurts to look back, and your scared to look ahead,

So for the color thing to change your font color it says hex code. I try to give it a hex code and it doesnt change the color. I add # and all I've also tried without the #.

you can look beside you, and your best friend will be there."🐾

PeterPan_da144

Stew Aficionado
D
Supporter
actually, it doesn't seem to do anything and indenting works so much better xD

Although, now I'm curious as to what symbols work on here without becoming big buttons -taps chin-

sharkberrypizza

🍓 Like, nya, you know?
D
Staff member
Tech-Priest
Admin
Yeah, :tab: does nothing here. The proper code is [indent=#][/indent].
I don't remember how high the number can go. 2 is the highest I've used.

actually, it doesn't seem to do anything and indenting works so much better xD

Although, now I'm curious as to what symbols work on here without becoming big buttons -taps chin-

Lisaisfire619

Veteran
D

🐸

Hmm...
🐸

testingtesting

What process are you actually going through? Do you mean on the editor? It should work either way if you click okay. @Lisaisfire619
Just the normal one I think. That has all the things like bold, font family, color size. I've hit okay with my text highlighted it act like it works but when I click away to un highlight it the text is still white.

astralprogenitor

late to the party
D
Staff member
Admin
Designer
🐸

Hmn... That's one I'm not sure about. I can't replicate it. Do you know what browser you use, if it's up to date?
🐸

Just the normal one I think. That has all the things like bold, font family, color size. I've hit okay with my text highlighted it act like it works but when I click away to un highlight it the text is still white.

Lisaisfire619

Veteran
D
I'm using google chrome. It is up to date but still isn't working. #d5f7ee this is the hex code i'm trying to do which is like a teal aqua ish color

🐸

Hmn... That's one I'm not sure about. I can't replicate it. Do you know what browser you use, if it's up to date?
🐸